We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
DMT and genetic engeneering Options

burnt
#21 Posted : 12/12/2008 6:17:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
We can try to engineer these plants to die after some time and not reproduce but it wont hold forever. That's why I think these plants should only be grown underground or in very remote and starving areas.

I think the key is to encourage genetic diversity with genetically modified organisms as well as normal strains. Also to avoid monoculture agriculture. This helps avoids the problems of resistance (like with pesticides).

You can breed potatoes to be resistant to disease and those potatoes can become toxic to human beings. In other words traditional breeding can be dangerous just like genetic engineering if you encourage a plant to produce something toxic to human beings.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

shago
#22 Posted : 12/13/2008 12:19:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

But we can still select the plants that produce more DMT than other of it's own specie and discard the others, so after some generations we will have plants that hold more alkaloids than usual. This could be safer for the plant. Like natural selection does.

The awaited day will come.
De rodillas, bajo la lluvia y sobre el barro, clamamos a los cielos... ven a nosotros.

JOIN THE NEXUS CHAT ROOM NOW!

I do not aprove any illegal act as I don't do anything illegal.

flyboy
#23 Posted : 12/14/2008 8:30:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim gets close to 2% everytime from whole bark.

My advice is to steer clear of the powder, i think it's cause the bark is more porous that it can be boiled over and over and over and pulled over and over and over...also do a freeze precip and an evap with the remainders. Swim's purple powder yields have never come close to whole bark.

From my calculations, spice is bloody well cheap - as in almost cost-negligible... unless you guys are going through a gram a night or something? Smile

Or unless you are young and have friends? HAHAHAHA.... maybe thats it, swim does it alone and so he smokes more $$ in ganja in a single day than spice over an entire month.

On that note, i can go through 5-10 varieties of so called "primo bud" per month,yet in actual chronic-smoker hardhead fact, really only once every 2 or 3 months does bud come that is truly INSANE...ie. 1 hit and i'm paranoid and tripping... i'm talking the real deal sativa pancake...so even if there was a dmt 10% plant, from the weed comparison i think most of it around would still be sort of just a little above average.

I'd rather see someone play around with the molecule than increase the yield.

PREV12