We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
scared to breakthrough? Options

Sky Motion
#21 Posted : 1/12/2012 7:59:56 PM

<3

corpus callosum wrote:
d*l*b wrote:
Changa can be just as ridiculously powerful and awe-inspiring as freebase.

I totally agree with this; the mental clarity and easier pace of the trip with changa can be totally absent if the dose is high enough.

DMT requires respect and for me, this means only journeying if my mind is in a good place and all the mundane practicalities of life have been attended to.This doesnt mean theres no trepidation as I contemplate the loaded GVG or bong but it makes it easier to let the experience flow as it will.

Full agreement with the others here, changa can hit you very fast and can go VERY deep.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

d*l*b
#22 Posted : 1/12/2012 8:01:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
d*l*b wrote:

I totally agree with this; the mental clarity and easier pace of the trip with changa can be totally absent if the dose is high enough.

DMT requires respect and for me, this means only journeying if my mind is in a good place and all the mundane practicalities of life have been attended to.This doesnt mean theres no trepidation as I contemplate the loaded GVG or bong but it makes it easier to let the experience flow as it will.

I must admit I actually take quite the opposite approach to spice. I often journey when things are at their very worst and everything is totally broken. I like the ability of extreme psychedelic experiences to either reset me, show me what is going on at a deeper level that I have been hiding from myself or simply to give me a bit of a kick in the behind.

I have yet to find any time in the past 5 years where I can truly say I have been in a good place or have all my odd jobs attended to though!
D × V × F > R

onethousandk
#23 Posted : 1/12/2012 10:50:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
corpus callosum wrote:
d*l*b wrote:

I must admit I actually take quite the opposite approach to spice. I often journey when things are at their very worst and everything is totally broken. I like the ability of extreme psychedelic experiences to either reset me, show me what is going on at a deeper level that I have been hiding from myself or simply to give me a bit of a kick in the behind.

I have yet to find any time in the past 5 years where I can truly say I have been in a good place or have all my odd jobs attended to though!

I don't know that I could do the same. That has to result in some very, very intense experiences. I've been in a similar situation to the OP's, even when I was in a good place mentally, socially, etc. I don't know if it's my routine or not, but I've been lucky enough to have no bad trips yet (though my experience is still limited). Do you find yourself having "bad" trips, whatever that may mean from your perspective?

universecannon
#24 Posted : 1/12/2012 11:38:35 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

"ive done dmt a number of times, but lately it seems as if im scared to smoke it. ive had roughly 20mgs in my pipe for almost a month now, and i keep it right beside me at nighttime. every night ive had the intention of going on a journey but it seems as if something is preventing me from taking the plunge. has anybody else experienced this, and if so, what did you do to move past it? i want to experience the beauty of dmt again, but i dont want to visit if my presence isnt expected."

I've actually found that as the time between my last spice experience increases, my hesitation/fear of hitting the pipe also increases. But I ALWAYS am sitting there after smoking changa laughing at myself, once again, for ever being so afraid.. I think after going a while without it that its important to keep in mind us humans can muster up a whole army of excuses that we cling to for not smoking dmt, or taking ayahuasca, and things like this..and that we often hold these up as rational reasons for not doing it, when in reality it is more like a defense mechanism of the ego erecting from its fear of dissolution. We really, deep down at the core of our being, know what we have to do and that all is required is respect, a true heart, and courage. 'nature loves courage', after all

The fear is normal and you can learn to get used to it/accept it somewhat..and eventually it can fade a lot. Its extremely intense but also extremely beautiful, blissful, and rewarding. I would just try a low dose..preferably with yoga/meditation and some nice music. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Even just stretching is ok. Low doses are the single best way to dissolve the pre-flight jitters IMO. And if you get nervous during the low dose, take some deep breathes, know that everything is fine, smile, and work with that state for a while..because eventually the blocks will be undone and it will be extremely enjoyful. I often take a sip of rue or caapi and then do yoga on changa often to some psychedelic music- its extremely recalibrating and sets me up for a larger dose very well..

So try maybe doing an hour or so of yoga- then meditating for a while- then a low dose, then repeat.. a big dose done after all that is the most effective way to get there for me. The idea, to me at least, that all these preperation techniques and rituals touch on, is to enter hyperspace with as coherent a waveform as possible. And by waveform i mean consciousness. This paves the way for a more profoundly positive experience, higher awareness, higher focus, and better memory recall afterwards

and don't forget to smile Very happy

laughing can often be enough to turn a trip around

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

d*l*b
#25 Posted : 1/13/2012 12:13:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

onethousandk wrote:
d*l*b wrote:
corpus callosum wrote:
d*l*b wrote:

I don't know that I could do the same. That has to result in some very, very intense experiences. I've been in a similar situation to the OP's, even when I was in a good place mentally, socially, etc. I don't know if it's my routine or not, but I've been lucky enough to have no bad trips yet (though my experience is still limited). Do you find yourself having "bad" trips, whatever that may mean from your perspective?

Yes – without a doubt the intention, at times (not all the time), is to have a very extreme and life-changing experience. The very worst of these have been incredibly productive. The last two I had have been difficult to come to terms with but I think I am on a break from missions to work out exactly what it all means. My last two have been pretty much the pinnacle of difficulty as far as my experiences have been.

Working like this could be viewed as foolhardy, insane or any number of other adjectives. This is how I work though and I have come through every time so far with my thought patterns adjusted for what appears to be the better.

Maybe I have an element of the masochist about me but the most extreme experiences have been incredibly useful to me at some times when I can’t see that anything else will have worked in getting me back to a more straight way of thinking.
D × V × F > R

arcanum
#26 Posted : 1/13/2012 11:58:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

exhaleinspiration wrote:
ive done dmt a number of times, but lately it seems as if im scared to smoke it. ive had roughly 20mgs in my pipe for almost a month now, and i keep it right beside me at nighttime. every night ive had the intention of going on a journey but it seems as if something is preventing me from taking the plunge. has anybody else experienced this, and if so, what did you do to move past it? i want to experience the beauty of dmt again, but i dont want to visit if my presence isnt expected.

Yes definitely have this, but I've had it with skydiving, rock climbing, even hiring a hooker for an hour! Once you differentiate between "wanting to do it but a bit anxious" from
"Not really wanting to do it and being anxious" Then it's clear, if you want to do it, go for it " take the plunge". ( helps when your're a bit sado-maso inclined)

Sorry for the crude guidelines, but to me it's that simple.

Peace

Purges
#27 Posted : 1/13/2012 12:11:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a note, Changa has also ripped me out of my body just as quickly as freebase - I just find Changa easier to make sense of, plus it lasts longer and the afterglow can be quite phenomenal Cool Personal taste I guess... I'll be trying Tele's sublingual caapi and vaped crystal technique soon, it will be interesting to compare and contrast Smile
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

tele
#28 Posted : 1/13/2012 12:30:03 PM
Explorer

Purges wrote:
Just a note, Changa has also ripped me out of my body just as quickly as freebase - I just find Changa easier to make sense of, plus it lasts longer and the afterglow can be quite phenomenal Cool Personal taste I guess... I'll be trying Tele's sublingual caapi and vaped crystal technique soon, it will be interesting to compare and contrast Smile

It's not my techinque, I learned about it from gibran2, and maybe people were doing it also before him... It's really great, try 10-30mg and then after 30-60 minutes blast off. Let me know how you like it.

Global
#29 Posted : 1/13/2012 2:06:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

tele wrote:
Purges wrote:

It's not my techinque, I learned about it from gibran2, and maybe people were doing it also before him... It's really great, try 10-30mg and then after 30-60 minutes blast off. Let me know how you like it.

I will be trying this as well Twisted Evil
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

d*l*b
#30 Posted : 1/13/2012 5:09:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
Purges wrote:

Not tried it sublingually, but recently I worked with ~200mg harmine or harmaline (can’t remember which) and freebase a while after. The experience was very interesting indeed. The duration was extended to around an hour in total and the visions had more of a pharma feel about them. Far less rapid fire than straight freebase, came out rather confused afterwards still though!
D × V × F > R

tele
#31 Posted : 1/13/2012 5:34:25 PM
Explorer

It's definately something every TRUE DMT and changa fan should try at least once. I love it. Altough when doing sessions with it, the visual aspect gets diminished alot after about 3-4th blastoff.

Global
#32 Posted : 1/13/2012 6:57:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

tele wrote:
It's definately something every TRUE DMT and changa fan should try at least once. I love it. Altough when doing sessions with it, the visual aspect gets diminished alot after about 3-4th blastoff.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I haven't taken any harmine sublingually yet, but when I vape it, I find the same.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

zombicyckel
#33 Posted : 1/13/2012 7:13:46 PM

Armchair activist

Caapi extract is what I will do for my first hyperspace experience, 20-30 mg in juice then hit the pipe. I am aomewhat concered that lye leftovers will be there, even if one washes it a few times. So I am a bit 50/50 on should I do it or not

Yerba
#34 Posted : 1/13/2012 7:38:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The odds of remaining lye are very low. Lye also doesn't vaporize at the temperatures found in a DMT pipe, so there's not really a risk there, either.

But if you really feel nervous about it, you could always convert the freebase DMT to DMT fumarate and then back to freebase. There are conversion teks in the wiki.

zombicyckel
#35 Posted : 1/13/2012 7:50:14 PM

Armchair activist

Yerba wrote:
The odds of remaining lye are very low. Lye also doesn't vaporize at the temperatures found in a DMT pipe, so there's not really a risk there, either.

But if you really feel nervous about it, you could always convert the freebase DMT to DMT fumarate and then back to freebase. There are conversion teks in the wiki.

The dmt I know is safe, if one does a re x. Then there will be no worries, since I smoke it to.

Its the caapi extract, lets say I put the freebase caapi alkaliods in some juice or whatever. And there is lye left, my stomach will be screwed. But I do know that it probably is safe, since its on the wiki. Would like to put my worries to rest

O_pwn
#36 Posted : 1/14/2012 5:55:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i am fearful of a full experiance as well. When i endulged in it my very first time it was wonderful because I didnt know what to expect but it wasnt a full break through so... Anyways a mass of various colors and a great euphoric after effect. The second time however i got a slightly higher dose with an inefficient method but some sort of god like presense informed me that i wasnt prepared for this and that I should wait to make my life better before I try again. From there I just wanted the mild visual effects so I insuffilate every now and then ( its tolerable in small amounts ) but i dont know, doing that might upset the essences of dmt i guess. I'll end up finding out in the future though.

Best of luck to those who decide to partake.
Peace and Safe Divine Molecular Travels

U!^3>[ *~*

Yerba
#37 Posted : 1/14/2012 11:22:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

zombicyckel wrote:
Yerba wrote:

The dmt I know is safe, if one does a re x. Then there will be no worries, since I smoke it to.

Its the caapi extract, lets say I put the freebase caapi alkaliods in some juice or whatever. And there is lye left, my stomach will be screwed. But I do know that it probably is safe, since its on the wiki. Would like to put my worries to rest

Oh, my mistake.

Juice will be acidic, which would neutralize any trace amounts of lye. Also, your stomach is full of acid as well! You'd have to have a really caustic product to hurt yourself, and even then it would manifest as an irritated mouth. If you're really worried, just take another swig of OJ after you down the medicine Pleased

What tek do you use for the caapi alks?

Purges
#38 Posted : 1/14/2012 11:25:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tele - I will be sure to report back, I am still reeling from my re-birth experience and am biding my time to go back to that depth of experience, so don't expect it toooo soon!

zombicyckel wrote:
Yerba wrote:

If you put it in some OJ the acidity from the juice will bring the PH of the lye right down, IF there is any left. You can always wash the alks like outlined at the end of Gibrans TEK as well, so there are options, don't be scared! Smile
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

zombicyckel
#39 Posted : 1/15/2012 12:40:46 PM

Armchair activist

THANK YOU Yerba purges Very happy Thats what I was looking for, thanks for clearing that up Smile confident that I will do tha caapi extract Smile

ayalove
#40 Posted : 1/15/2012 1:58:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
You'll get that "call" to do it eventually.

"for as long as there is love and light; I will fight for what is right; as a warrior with all my might; I will guarantee that hope shines bright" --Prayer of the Paladin

"If you labor, you are a "laborer", If you work on a farm, you are a "farmer", If you flow, you are a "flower""--Forest Sage

Community, Love and Passion Smile

PREV12