We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Will The Traveler Ban Me Because I Laugh at His Authority?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 1 5 %
No 11 64 %
Maybe 5 29 %

«PREV234
Will The Traveler Ban Me Because I Laugh at His Authority? Options

blacklist666
#61 Posted : 12/17/2011 10:38:08 PM

imagined clarity

Would it be sticking up for "The Traveler", (and what this community represents to each of us personally) for us to start a poll on whether whoever started this poll should ban themselves, or does questioning the owner of IMHO the best internet forum on a decision to keep this forum even more high quality seem like a mute point in the first place? (Kidding about the poll) So many people have invested so much already to make the Nexus what it is. I don't see a mocking of the structure here doing anything less than reinforcing the existing establishment and respect for appropriate content, and actually strengthening the will in members to keep up after the will of The Traveler in the first place.

I don't see any requests being made as inappropriate, and I don't see any unjust punishment of members. I do see a failed attempt at baiting by the person who started this thread, and I hope the content in this thread stands to dissuade others from playing with peoples sensibilities. Insinuation that laughter at authority substantiates "ban" implies the senior members of this forum have the sensibility of a teenager. Because our leader is an adult, this makes the initiator of force's actions look like those of an emotionally insecure individual. Of course, this opinion is most likely wrong, however I don't see this kind of attention getting behavior scoring any points in the afterlife.
I= SWIM = Not Me. The I AM I Does Not Exist, and is Referenced to SWIM Who Is Not A Friend I Never Met, Nor Hallucinated While Imagining The Is-ness of Suchness That Is SWIM Who Is Not Me, Myself, Nor I As The Expression Of Non Dual Aspect of Non-Dual Reality Subjectively Denied By Swim, or accompanying Me-Anti-ness'es. =) All Credit Goes To The ANTI-SWIM'ness of SWIM's cousin's room-mate's uncle's deceased cat's in-law's second removed nephew's aunt WHOM authored SWIM's 2000 Year Old Desert Scribblings from a drunk rabbit in the Serengeti desert found in an insane asylum under water, on Easter eggs, crucified by the on fire pagan music listening christian maniac from India running around believing he was Jesus repenting this bush he called the Acacia tree; So I Heard from a bum who claims to be SWIM, But I Forgot... And Again, "I" Refers To Someone Who Is Not Me.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ragabr
#62 Posted : 12/18/2011 2:23:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@divineyes, please refrain from pasting in walls of text from other sites. A simple link is more than enough.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

divineyes
#63 Posted : 12/18/2011 3:06:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I prefer to paste the text- saves you a step. Remember when Eckhart Tolle spoke about people who wake up and first thing begin to look for things to be offended about? Is there a stated rule here about not posting a number of paragraphs from an outside source? If not, why do you feel the need to correct me? If so, why not just report me to the Traveler so he can ban me for breaking Nexus rules? Or how about maybe just live and let live? That might be the most "free" and "ego-less" way of dealing with what you feel offended by.
Namaste- translated: "The Divinity within me perceives and adores the Divinity within you"

The Traveler
#64 Posted : 12/18/2011 3:17:00 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

divineyes wrote:
I prefer to paste the text- saves you a step. Remember when Eckhart Tolle spoke about people who wake up and first thing begin to look for things to be offended about? Is there a stated rule here about not posting a number of paragraphs from an outside source? If not, why do you feel the need to correct me? If so, why not just report me to the Traveler so he can ban me for breaking Nexus rules? Or how about maybe just live and let live? That might be the most "free" and "ego-less" way of dealing with what you feel offended by.

Oh come on, lets not see more in this than what it is.

It't best to not quote long texts but to have a link to those texts. It can very well be that the author changes the content, if that would be posted elsewhere like on the DMT-Nexus then that content would not change as the author meant it and as such this new message would be lost.

It's really well meant critique.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

proto-pax
#65 Posted : 12/18/2011 3:23:39 AM

bird-brain

One way to live in a free and ego-less manner would be to take comments that are completely extremely nice in tone and think about it and see if it is a reasonable request, and to modify your behavior if it is in fact a reasonable request.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

bigmack
#66 Posted : 12/18/2011 3:41:00 AM

Mack

+1 vote for blacklist666's desconstruction of the creator's motivation :/
“The quest is to be liberated from the negative, which is really our own will to nothingness. And once having said yes to the instant, the affirmation is contagious. It bursts into a chain of affirmations that knows no limit. To say yes to one instant is to say yes to all of existence.”

divineyes
#67 Posted : 12/18/2011 3:43:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anybody can dress up an arrogating criticism in "cutesy" language- but the vibes behind the words were clearly felt. I love how the "Rock Star" crowd here just love to cruise these posts with a police mentality and are so quick to "correct" those deemed "uncool" or whatever. Serious clique-ishness abounds here. I've seen time and time again how these "Big Boys" of the Nexus will gang up on some wide-eyed newcomer trying to come come to terms, in the best language he/she knows how, with this experience. One mention of God or the after-life or any one of a number of "zany new-age ideas" and BOOM- the poor kid gets whacked, and especially so if he doesn't make paragraph breaks on his/her first post.

So even though the sweet language may appear obvious, it still doesn't hide the palpable feeling of those eyes-rolling behind the mask of kind words- and I hope that my simple words are "more than enough" to get my point across.
Namaste- translated: "The Divinity within me perceives and adores the Divinity within you"

ragabr
#68 Posted : 12/18/2011 4:44:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@divineyes, I feel the same way about all copy and pastes regardless of the content. In my opinion it unnecessarily crowds up threads and isn't conducive to discourse between the members of the forum. Maybe it's just a personal thing, but I feel uncomfortable when Nexians put up posts that solely consist of the works of others.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

bigmack
#69 Posted : 12/18/2011 10:46:53 AM

Mack

God+afterlife=zany new-age ideas??

Anyways, I don't think anyone's trying to antagonize you.
This site fosters a learning curve for thousands of members.
You have to realise that some ppl have been on this forum a very long time.
Most of them have alot to offer, and this is a fantastic thing.
Just ask nicely and 90% of the time they will be more than willing to help out.

I'm not so sure about this "Rockstar" persona you speak of...
but if there's a cool club, why aren't I in it?
I demand to speak to the curator!! :evil:
“The quest is to be liberated from the negative, which is really our own will to nothingness. And once having said yes to the instant, the affirmation is contagious. It bursts into a chain of affirmations that knows no limit. To say yes to one instant is to say yes to all of existence.”

polytrip
#70 Posted : 12/18/2011 1:28:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
divineyes wrote:
Anybody can dress up an arrogating criticism in "cutesy" language- but the vibes behind the words were clearly felt. I love how the "Rock Star" crowd here just love to cruise these posts with a police mentality and are so quick to "correct" those deemed "uncool" or whatever. Serious clique-ishness abounds here. I've seen time and time again how these "Big Boys" of the Nexus will gang up on some wide-eyed newcomer trying to come come to terms, in the best language he/she knows how, with this experience. One mention of God or the after-life or any one of a number of "zany new-age ideas" and BOOM- the poor kid gets whacked, and especially so if he doesn't make paragraph breaks on his/her first post.

So even though the sweet language may appear obvious, it still doesn't hide the palpable feeling of those eyes-rolling behind the mask of kind words- and I hope that my simple words are "more than enough" to get my point across.

This is just a nice place where we´re not fond of having conflicts all the time.

We don´t evade serious discussions, we don´t evade criticism, we don´t evade self-critisism or serious debate...but most people don´t come here because they feel like starting a fight over something small.

divineyes
#71 Posted : 12/18/2011 1:57:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you mean to suggest that I am wishing to start a fight over something small, you are dead wrong. If you need to, go back and review the thread from the beginning- that should illustrate my point. What I do take issue with is etiquette and politeness in communications. Even your previous post is dripping with condescension and false assumptions. I do not wish to fight at all. I am simply identifying a case in point. The Nexus would be well-served if it's members agreed to refrain from mocking tones and passive-aggressive demeaning replies. It's the bane of this site. Why not improve it?

polytrip
#72 Posted : 12/18/2011 3:00:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
divineyes wrote:
If you mean to suggest that I am wishing to start a fight over something small, you are dead wrong. If you need to, go back and review the thread from the beginning- that should illustrate my point. What I do take issue with is etiquette and politeness in communications. Even your previous post is dripping with condescension and false assumptions. I do not wish to fight at all. I am simply identifying a case in point. The Nexus would be well-served if it's members agreed to refrain from mocking tones and passive-aggressive demeaning replies. It's the bane of this site. Why not improve it?

Your tone is way more agressive then mine.

SpartanII
#73 Posted : 12/18/2011 3:14:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

divineyes wrote:

Divineyes-

We all struggle with ego/self-importance whether it's self-pity or its flip-side self-righteous, but getting offended by others only feeds into the ego and drains you of your energy. If you feel offended like I did when all this rudeness was going on in this community, take a deep breath, let people make their own mistakes and learn from them, and maybe take a break from posting for a couple days. I can almost guarantee that when you come back you will feel much better and have a clearer perspective on things. (I did, and I do!)Very happy

You mention Eckhart Toll- this guy has some good wisdom and I suggest you take your own advice and apply that wisdom- read up or listen to some of his videos (maybe while your on your "Nexus Break"Pleased:idea:

Here are some quotes I feel are relevant to this discussion:

"See if you can catch yourself complaining in either speech or thought, about a situation you find yourself in, what other people do or say, your surroundings, your life situation, even the weather. To complain is always nonacceptance of what is. It invariably carries an unconscious negative charge. When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation or accept it. All else is madness."

"Thinking, or more precisely identification with thinking, gives rise to and maintains the ego, which, in our Western society in particular, is out of control. It believes it is real and tries hard to maintain its supremacy. Negative states of mind, such as anger, resentment, fear, envy, and jealousy, are products of the ego."

"Internal and external are ultimately one. When you no longer perceive the world as hostile, there is no more fear, and when there is no more fear, you think, speak and act differently. Love and compassion arise, and they affect the world."

"If you keep your attention in the body as much as possible, you will be anchored in the Now. You won't lose yourself in the external world, and you won't lose yourself in your mind. Thoughts and emotions, fears and desires may still be there to some extent, but they won't take you over."

"If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally. If you want to take responsibility for your life, you must choose one of those three options, and you must choose now. Then accept the consequences. No excuses. No negativity. No psychic pollution. Keep your inner space clear."

"Once the pain-body has taken you over, you want more pain. You become a victim or a perpetrator. You want to inflict pain, or you want to suffer pain, or both. There isn't really much difference between the two. You are not conscious of this, of course, and will vehemently claim that you do not want pain. But look closely and you will find that your thinking and behavior are designed to keep the pain going, for yourself and others. If you were truly conscious of it, the pattern would dissolve, for to want more pain is insanity, and nobody is consciously insane."

-Eckhart Toll

The Traveler
#74 Posted : 12/18/2011 3:15:17 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Shall we leave this topic to rest for a while?

I think we should all blow off some steam before we are able to look back at this thread in the right perspective. Pleased

Kind regards,

The Traveler

«PREV234