We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Iboga / Ibogaine and nerve damage / Pain treatment Options

SHroomtroll
#21 Posted : 1/30/2014 1:34:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any idea if voacanga africana could give similar effects in healing?

Im running out of options and i wanna try everything before going the way of surgery which might not even help.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jungleheart
#22 Posted : 2/24/2014 5:28:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For those who have taken 1g of Iboga rootbark, how strong are the effects? Can I take it on a work night and function fully the next day? Can I take it on a Saturday, or would it be better on a Friday so I have two days to recover?

The main reason I take psychs is to work on those niggling bad habits and thought patterns, so this seems potentially promising.

Thanks.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#23 Posted : 2/24/2014 6:02:50 AM

just some guy

Some things are worth taking a day off for.

The effects are so wildly varied that I don't think anyone could say... People can sometimes have such powerful experiences on the stuff that they've got to devote quite some time to processing everything and learning new ways of being and living; it's more a matter of you, where you are in your life and how you approach it in those instances than your dosage in particular.
Iboga isn't something a lot of people are capable of taking lightly, and with any psychedelic it can often be beneficial to take some time to yourself to accept and understand the very personal and powerful lessons there are to learn.

That being said, provided you drink it on Saturday have anything resembling a "normal" metabolism, you should only have very slight troublesome effects by Monday if any (slight sensory distortion, tracers, altered headspace and distracted thoughts, etc). A gram would have some people, including myself, in a significantly altered state for multiple days though... Rules of thumb are hardly applicable in some cases. Wink Variables in tolerance, plant potency and preparation/administration are considerable.

Physically, you should be just fine to work and participate in society at large. The rest is up to you and whatever fate there may be.

jungleheart
#24 Posted : 2/24/2014 6:29:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, on a Friday then. Thanks.

Bancopuma
#25 Posted : 2/24/2014 12:03:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like to echo this, potency of iboga and individual sensitivies seem to vary markedly. I have ingested 1g of iboga root bark and gone about my day and been fine on it though...I could definitely feel it, for me it gave me a subtle lift, of grounded, calm energy, but it was a nice addition to the day and certainly didn't detract or interfere in any way (was a Saturday daytime though with no major work obligations). Interestingly though I felt even better the day after I had taken it, personally for me I only ever feel good following iboga and welcome that state of mind.

If you plan on taking it in the eve, I would recommend not taking it too close to bedtime as I have found it can definitely interfere with sleep.

jungleheart
#26 Posted : 2/25/2014 4:30:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll keep that in mind about it interfering with sleep.

PREV12