We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV456
psilocybin extraction/tincture tek Options

jamie
#101 Posted : 3/15/2013 6:24:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"All in all, the path to freebase psilocin is thorny to say the least. I'd be very interested to hear, as jamie said how nen did it and what the experience of vaporising FB psilocin was like."

It is not just nen..Jim Dekorn also described vaporizing a sort of bluesih grey crystal I think that he got from using hoffmans tek..and that it was inbetween eating mushrooms and vaping DMT..I guess that means it was like DMT but longer, but shorter than eating mushrooms?

I cant remember too well but I think nen said he did a chloroform wash on the dry mushrooms, then washed with acetone and discarded the washes..then pulled with methanol and evaporated and vaporized the final product..maybe if he sees this thread he can clarify for us exactly what was done.

Long live the unwoke.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Mr.Peabody
#102 Posted : 3/15/2013 7:33:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Dephosphorylation of psilocybin is required for the resulting psilocin to cross the blood-brain-barrier and exert its effects in teh mind. Dephosphorylation happens somewhere in body, which can be the stomach with its low pH as Mindlusion said and/or other places, maybe liver? blood? etc.

So it is wrong to think that by smoking psilocybin you can get psilocin effects. Our knowledge so far points that one needs to smoke FB psilocin for effects.

Thanks for setting me straight, Infundibulum! That makes a lot of sense. I fear I know enough about chemistry to know how little I know.

It does seem that dephosphorylation must occur somewhere in the digestive tract, so the pH of the stomach seems likely. Is it possible that this occurs because the the type of acid? Has anyone tried using hydrochloric acid on psilocybin? I realize this may be a silly question, so bear with me!
Be an adult only when necessary.

staresatwalls
#103 Posted : 11/22/2016 12:45:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:

as long as you can evaporate the methanol quickly, you should get a white to off-white
product. letting it sit around and evap slowly tends to leave a dark green residue

would a baking dish with a paper towel (or some other dust barrier) over it securely with a fan blowing on it (possibly with heat) be the best low-tek way of evaporating methanol?

i just bought 1L of methanol and am looking forward to putting a bunch of dried cyans to use. looking to investigate defatting with acetone and naphtha separately after methanol pulls.

one more question if i may, so how important is it when doing this for the mush to be bone dry as opposed to as dry as they'll get under a fan?
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

benzyme
#104 Posted : 11/22/2016 2:02:31 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

it's highly recommended, for a not-so-messy extraction.
I suggest using a diaphragm vacuum pump, and a vac desiccator, with dried epsom salt. this will get them cracker dry overnight.
but a fan should work ok too.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

«PREV456