We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Quick suggestions box Options

'Coatl
#21 Posted : 4/6/2009 7:27:54 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I'd really like a page like this, where I can view all the threads I created.... can ya make it happen???

I don't wanna see the post... I wanna see THREADS.

PLEASE Smile
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

'Coatl
#22 Posted : 4/11/2009 12:39:58 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Also... could we have a botanicals forum and "other" forum?

To seperate drugs from botanicals?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

ohayoco
#23 Posted : 4/23/2009 11:33:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Coatl,
It's fine that you have a belief that extractions are 'wrong'. But you do go on about it a wee bit too much.
I'm not particularly keen on how you've used the term 'drugs' there deliberately to evoke all its negative connotations, as propogadic diferentiation between what you see as 'wrong' (non-traditional preparation of active ingredients) from what you see as 'right' (traditional methods of ingestion, as if they're any less 'drugs' just because you eat the whole plant and puke it back up etc).
If you're so against extractions, why don't you frequent the aya forums instead? It seems that's exactly what you're after- all plant teachers, no chemistry. I'm not telling you to go away- I want you to stay of course- I'm just saying that everyone else seems to like the unsegregated mix of interest here, and as there's a perfectly good alternative site if you're offended by other people's activities, maybe it's time to 'put up or shut up'?
Love you really, just doing my usual thing of constructive criticism, sorry. All part of helping each other grow Smile

Anyway I came on here just now to say I like it how on Edot a member's 'rank' changes to 'banned' when they're banned. Then people know why they've disappeared, or can feel relieved when they read a heinous comment and then see that the user was banned so isn't representative of the membership. So we wouldn't have to have threads discussing someone's exclusion etc anymore, but there would still be transparency.

If you wanted to be super-efficient, it could read 'Rank: banned, 345 days to go'! Or even, it could then read 'Reasons: 1.1, 2.1', and when you click on a letter, it links to a page where the rules are coded, so you can see which rules they broke. You could then see whether a person was banned just for being obnoxious, or whether they were banned for deliberately giving dangerously wrong information that may have harmed others, for example. E.g.:

Ohayoco
Reason: 2.4

(Links to rule page) 2.4 No personal attacks

(P.s. please don't ban me, I'm not really attacking 'Coatl, at least that's not my intention! Pleased )

OR...
even better, maybe you could just click the 'banned' bit and that would link to their profile, where there would be a note of why they were banned, and for how long.

And also thank you again to Traveler for all his good work, we all love it here, best place on the internet for sure.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

'Coatl
#24 Posted : 4/23/2009 11:42:26 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
Anyway I came on here just now to say I like it how on Edot a member's 'rank' changes to 'banned' when they're banned.

They didn't ban you did they?

Quote:
But you do go on about it a wee bit too much.

I know! I know! I'm sorry! But somebody has to speak for the trees! (Say where is Lorax?) Smile

Quote:
why don't you frequent the aya forums instead? It seems that's exactly what you're after- all plant teachers, no chemistry.

I'm not into plant-spirit mumbo-jumbo, I prefer to stay here with the scientist who are rooted in logic! What I am interested in... is botanicals that WORK!

Although I do believe in "plant-spirits" some of the people at the Aya' forums are just.... (well I won't say that).

Quote:
if you're offended by other people's activities

I can say without a doubt that no member of the Nexus has ever truly offended me and I hope that I have not offended any of you!

Quote:
Love you really, just doing my usual thing of constructive criticism, sorry. All part of helping each other grow

It's cool man, I appreciate when people come to me with criticism in the manner that you have... it doesn't bug the shit outta me! Smile

ohayoco
#25 Posted : 4/23/2009 11:44:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cool, glad there's no hard feelings! Sometimes I think I should keep my mouth shut, but that's hard for me too! Smile
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

ohayoco
#26 Posted : 4/23/2009 11:46:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, when you get to the site saying why there were banned, there could be a 'disagree' button if you think it's unfair. Satisfied?
(For the next time you get banned Pleased )

'Coatl
#27 Posted : 4/24/2009 12:26:14 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Hopefully I won't get banned anymore. Smile

I'm I am breaking the rules or have offended somebody, please let me know via PM.

'Coatl
#28 Posted : 5/3/2009 10:23:39 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Traveler can we please have a page that shows all the threads we have made?

It's driving me crazy not having it! I would rather bump an old thread than start a new one about the same subject, but they are so difficult to find!

If you would make a page like the one's on the Corroboree or Edot where members can view all the threads they have made it would really reduce clutter and make longer more interested threads.

Please?

I would like something just like this if possible-

Teotzlcoatl's Links at the Corroboree

ohayoco
#29 Posted : 5/4/2009 10:43:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Traveller, please could you clarify whether the rules on offering to trade illegal substances apply to pms as well as threads?
I would never do this, it's madness! But I have been offered things via PM.
It makes me think they could be a cop. And for the sake of less cautious members, I don't think asking should be allowed... if the Nexus was being used to trade illegal drugs, I imagine you might be liable in the eyes of the law?

'Coatl
#30 Posted : 5/4/2009 11:06:13 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Nobody has ever offered my anything illegal in a PM, but I have offered people legal stuff.

The Traveler
#31 Posted : 5/4/2009 11:32:01 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

ohayoco wrote:
Traveller, please could you clarify whether the rules on offering to trade illegal substances apply to pms as well as threads?
I would never do this, it's madness! But I have been offered things via PM.
It makes me think they could be a cop. And for the sake of less cautious members, I don't think asking should be allowed... if the Nexus was being used to trade illegal drugs, I imagine you might be liable in the eyes of the law?

If you take a look at the rules you can see that the very first rule states "No offering or requesting information about illegal substances". This rule also includes PM's!

If you get a PM of someone trying to buy or sell illegal goods please report that PM to me and I take the appropriate action. I also discourage all members to give other members personal information, like addresses to send (legal) goods to. You just shouldn't give any real-life information to anyone, including me, because you never know if someone is trying to take advantage of you.

ohayoco
#32 Posted : 5/4/2009 11:37:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. I don't want to get anyone suspended.

Would it be possible to have a function that blocks PMs from anyone except mods and you?

ohayoco
#33 Posted : 9/4/2009 2:30:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think it's sad that DMTEntity's aliens thread got locked. Doesn't this send out a message that if you want to sabotage a thread, all you have to do is get aggressive or go off-topic and you'll succeed in getting it locked?

P.s. Polytrip- ducks have retractable penises, so you wouldn't be able to see Donald's anyhow. Maybe the dog could do with a nutsack. I know you were joking but that's a really interesting subject. If you put sex into cartoons kids would I imagine be playing sex a lot more (just like Aldous Huxley enivisioned), and while they would be acting more naturally, I expect you'd have problems with sexual bullying so our attitudes to child r.ape and child offender detention would have to change, which probably isn't feasible. I imagine kids do need to be shielded from open exposure to sex until they are responsible enough for it. I think as far as we need go is to stop telling kids that sex is sinful, and teach them about it responsibly ourselves. But I think you know that already Pleased

corridors of my cells
#34 Posted : 9/8/2009 11:43:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A topic search option would be so nice, at least for to the "subject" of topic if not checking every word inside the posts.

To be honest there's a topic i repplied something, now im going crazy lookin for it but couldnt find it.. may be deleted i dont know.

But also to make it easier for a user to check if the topic he/she is going to post has been posted before, this is vital in my opinion. Otherwise the there will be same or similar topics. Its really hard to check everything from a big list of topics sometimes. Considering some topics dont have very appropriate headings or whatever the cause is.

If theres already a search option and i just couldnt find it please tell me coz that happens with me sometimes, my eyes are mistaking me Smile

The Traveler
#35 Posted : 9/8/2009 1:28:17 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

corridors of my cells wrote:
A topic search option would be so nice, at least for to the "subject" of topic if not checking every word inside the posts.

To be honest there's a topic i repplied something, now im going crazy lookin for it but couldnt find it.. may be deleted i dont know.

But also to make it easier for a user to check if the topic he/she is going to post has been posted before, this is vital in my opinion. Otherwise the there will be same or similar topics. Its really hard to check everything from a big list of topics sometimes. Considering some topics dont have very appropriate headings or whatever the cause is.

If theres already a search option and i just couldnt find it please tell me coz that happens with me sometimes, my eyes are mistaking me Smile

True, we need a topic search function. And when I'm at it, we also need a "My Topics" and a "My Posts" button too. Hopefully I have some extra time to program this in the coming three weeks.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

corridors of my cells
#36 Posted : 9/8/2009 1:38:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:

True, we need a topic search function. And when I'm at it, we also need a "My Topics" and a "My Posts" button too. Hopefully I have some extra time to program this in the coming three weeks.

Thanks a lot Smile. We kinda have my topics dont we ? ohh its more like my subscriptions i just checked Smile. I was also going to say that "my posts" part but thought will burden the website a lot since attachments and long text are too common.

Opiyum
#37 Posted : 9/22/2009 5:16:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How about the ability to search individual forums or even threads? IS that something that can be done here?

Oh and another little thing. I didn't realize I was promoted to a full membership until ten or so days after I had been. I didn't see the Promo day threads so I would only suggest sending out PM's to those who get promoted.
Honestly I just kind of assumed that was what was going to happen so I was just waiting for the day that I logged on and got a PM. It was only after I realized that others who had done their intro the same time or after me were now members and then I found the promo thread....

Anyhow...just a quick suggestion. No big deal with either case really.

Cosmic Spore
#38 Posted : 9/25/2014 11:19:42 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

1. The About section contains an older FAQ, but doesn't have a link to the newer FAQ; lacks links to the WIKI & Health and Safety pages. The newer FAQ contains loads of info that probably should either be on or linked to on the About -> FAQ

2. I second the suggestion: navigating long threads (i.e. 20+ pages).

3. A couple of threads have indicated there's a substantial desire for a Cannabis subforum: 1, 2 & many of the topics for that thread are indexed here: Indexing Cannabis Threads.

4. I request that the "About -> Files" contain the Cannabis.zip archive.

PREV12