We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Woody Harrelson in my living room Options

Ice House
#41 Posted : 10/29/2011 1:13:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Uncle Knucles wrote:
You call it D and I immediately picture you typing in your parents' basement, listening to some shitty techno music, sucking on a dayglo pacifier and wearing a Dr. Seuss hat, waiting for your connect to come through with some "molly" to sneak into the rave across town.

LMMFAO!!!

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Global
#42 Posted : 10/29/2011 3:45:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Ok, I'm not really looking to get involved in this debate. I'm only posting here right now to simply offer up my experience on the subject matter. Throughout my childhood, I was an avid Star Wars fanatic. Possibly a majority of childhood fantasies revolved around the concept of the lightsaber. In any case, I lost interest with it upon entering college. I got so wrapped up in music, friends and eventually pot that it simply had no place in my interests anymore and I grew out of it I suppose.

After much experimentation with LSD and DMT among other substances, one day (when I was probably on acid) in a semi-regressed state, noticing tracers abound, I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be interesting to see some lightsaber action on acid?" A sort of childish thought, I can imagine, but the thought nonetheless somehow got stuck in my head. Many occasions on acid would pass and I would either forget or not have the means to watch it.

Anyway, one day I walk in my apartment, and my roommates are watching Star Wars on cable. So I decide, "why not?", so I fetched my GVG, loaded it up and waited till they got the lightsabers out. As it turns out, the fact that it was on cable ended up screwing with me big time. I would go through all the preparation of lighting it, holding my hits in and just as soon as I would be good to go, they would go to commercial. My timing was as humorously and consistently bad as you can imagine.

So anyway, I eventually manage to time it up right and I'm staring eyes wide opened at the screen, but I was being completely blown away by contents other than the movie. In the space between the tv and myself, a giant 4D dome that hanged from the ceiling like a chandelier descended down to the floor. "Trajectories" of energy arched and bounded all about the room, accenting all the subtleties in depth and dimension. Technological arrows darted from wall to wall. It was like a fully dimensional quantum carnival in my living room and I couldn't have cared less what was on the screen. For all I cared it could have been a commercial, or off because my attention was on the magic taking place in the room. Now this experience remains important to me, because prior to this, I would spend as much time in a trip as possible with my eyes closed, which I had assured myself was the only reasonable or worthwhile way to do it, but as I found out, there was a lot of magic to discover about dragging hyperspace into your immediate experiential space as well as behind closed eyelids. It broke me from that spell. Even still, I probably spend the majority of experiences with my eyes closed, but I'm much more lenient regarding open eyed experimentation. It has helped me discover a peculiar physicality to the DMT experience that would have gone right by my awareness if I dogmatically insisted on rejecting the validity of the open-eyed DMT experience. In this case, the movie (albeit in an indirect way) allowed me to view the DMT experience itself through refreshing lenses. I think to some degree, this is why others may watch movies on psychedelics. It may not be to enjoy a movie more, but rather to flesh out some of the nuances of the psychedelic experience itself that may not make themselves readily available in one's "routine" methods of taking psychedelics. I think it's much like the same reason people take psychedelics at music shows. In any manner, to each his own. If a cosmic bitch slap is in order, then lesson learned, and life goes on...
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Bill Cipher
#43 Posted : 10/29/2011 8:29:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice post.

captainz
#44 Posted : 10/29/2011 9:20:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm with the tv people. Watching a nature movie where the little rabbit thingy was in actual 3-d was just brilliant!

Is this "respectful" or "wise"? Well I guess that depends on the social context, but my credentials are pretty good, for what they are worth.

I'm with the laughing fat buddha, the one that comes after, not the starving and serious one who came before.

Hopefully that all makes sense. Peace be upon you all. And now I want a Dr Seuss typing hat Pleased.
My mobile phone's first language appears to be Phoneglish. The creative spelling belongs to it. The content is mine. In case you were wondering. Pop-pip!

tele
#45 Posted : 10/29/2011 9:26:32 AM
Explorer

Art: The issue here is that what your mind projects from a letter that is described to call DMT. But the real problem is that you are telling me it is disrespectful, only because you get a bad vibe from it. Man, that's your problem. And calling another way to call DMT disrespectful is actual disrespect toward other nexians such as me. If you have a problem with a letter as a reference, fine, that's your problem. But you have no right to tell me, what reference is disrespectful, even if that's the case in your head.
I understand I stated "watching tv on DMT is not very respecful", and I stand behind my words, but I could have stated better as "Watching tv on DMT is not the most respecful use of the substance, IMO".

You say about that:
Quote:
Just pointing out the irony of someone who would care to impose their own rigid guidelines about what is and isn't an acceptable way to use DMT

Not very respectful, as I stated, isn't rigid guidelines at all. Something very respecful is just something different than watching TV in my opinion. Therefore I think you misinterpreted.

The problem here is your negative attitude that's best shared only to your own thoughts, even if you get a feeling of a basement punk from a person who uses such reference. It's your problem and you cannot generalize it as being disrespectful, don't you understand? Even if that is how you feel inside your own head.
I can get many imaginations from someone being so negative such as you, however I don't care to share how I imagine(like you do):

Quote:
Just pointing out the irony of someone who would care to impose their own rigid guidelines about what is and isn't an acceptable way to use DMT, and in the same breath refer to it by a name better suited to paint huffing fourteen year olds than adults.

Quote:
. You call it D and I immediately picture you typing in your parents' basement, listening to some shitty techno music, sucking on a dayglo pacifier and wearing a Dr. Seuss hat, waiting for your connect to come through with some "molly" to sneak into the rave across town.

So instead of being such a negative nelly as one can see above, you better keep your negative attitude to yourself instead of spreading it here. Even if you get weird imaginations from a letter.Stop I find the quotes above offensive and unnecessary, just because you get those imaginations, it doesn't mean it's appropriate to spread those imaginations here.

May you share a link to the topic(s) where this issue is discussed? As I haven't seen it before...

I think it's just downright rude to tell others how their reference to DMT sounds disrespectful and afterwards spreading what kind of offensive imaginations(toward the "letter user"Pleased you get from the use of a letter. If one thinks that way, isn't it best to keep it to oneself instead of spreading prejudices?! Unless one thinks his opinions about such matters are important and factual, of course, like you seem to think.

Basically one should be able to call DMT what ever he/she wants to call it without anyone coming to call the referral disrespecful in front of everyone. Even if it's your problem, you make it public and I need to answer to that, making it my problem too.

My point in short is: Who do you really think you are to tell me that my reference to DMT as D is disrespectful?
Sure, you get weird imaginations from someone using that reference and YOU seem to have a problem with it, but isn't it just plain rude and negative to tell me in general that it is disrespectful(And add the quotes above to that)? Couldn't you just keep this inside your own head as it's obviously YOUR issue?
WTF, seriously?

The Traveler
#46 Posted : 10/29/2011 10:47:14 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

*Ahum*

To all people in this thread, including senior members. It is good to advice people and share your standpoint.

However...

What I see here and what I don't like is that some of the posts in this thread are downright disrespectful and even leaning towards childishness. It is important that at every part in the debate we all keep the upper hand by being polite and respectful. If people gang up on someone the changes are big that any good advice will be thrown away with all the rest of the rubbish that is spouted.

So please, continue this debate but stay respectful and wise. Without experimenting we would not have spice at all!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Bill Cipher
#47 Posted : 10/29/2011 5:42:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele,

Clearly I have offended you. I hope that time heals this (and all) wound(s), and that eventually you may recover.

Just so you know:

I wouldn't have commented in the first place had I not seen an unpleasant dog pile of criticism mounting up on the OP. I don't care for dogma and group-think in general, and I really don't like seeing people in here ganged up on for no good reason. You were a convenient target for my smart assed comments, as you were (and are) blissfully unaware of the irony involved in calling out someone for not tripping according to your arbitrary rules and then urging them not to disrespect "the D". For the third or fourth time now, call it what you like. Just don't let your parents catch you with it.

universecannon
#48 Posted : 10/29/2011 6:25:58 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Theres no rulebook written for dmt, people can do what they want...some tribes in the amazon have been mixing aya with coca, and others with alcohol, for countless years..

Opinion (don't take this as offensive): that said, if i want to get some deep insight from a movie and enjoy it i'll smoke some pot..for me it would be a big waste of dmt, a potential hyperslapping, and would very likely lead to massive confusion if i broke through while sitting there in front of a turned on tv. I mean to me its like dmt opens the door to an entire mental universe inside your noggin..and while i do enjoy opening it up in nature or any natural setting where i can watch the worlds merge/mingle/and do the cosmic orgy, i can't imagine choosing to see woody Harrelson in some flashy box in my living room during all this instead of surfing the endless source

in regards to this whole naming debate... "spice" is not some random slang word..if you don't know why its a fitting name then read the book dune! (awesome book!) I don't really care what people call it for the most part..but these slang words i here from naive hipsters at concerts running around yelling "anyone got any deemster?!?" makes me cringe

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

tele
#49 Posted : 10/29/2011 7:07:15 PM
Explorer

@dlay: I am offended by only your negative attitude on this great board.

You're such a bright character that it simply defies explanation.

Quote:
You were a convenient target for my smart assed comments, as you were (and are) blissfully unaware of the irony involved in calling out someone for not tripping according to your arbitrary rules and then urging them not to disrespect "the D"

For the second time, how can you refer to this quote as ARBITARY RULES or rules in general, you refer to?:

Quote:
Me neither, however one has to experiment sometimesWink And it's fun, but not really very respectful toward the D.

I said it is not VERY respectful toward the D, and you make of it so much more. How am I describing arbitary rules here and how am I urging someone not to disrespect the D?! PLEASE EXPLAIN.

I have watched movie while under the influence of DMT and it's fun, but in my opinion it's not very respectful use of DMT. That's simply what I think and how am I making any rules or anything else you describe here? How can you use this as a base to tell me that my description is disrespectful?

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Just don't let your parents catch you with it.

Ha ha, I can't stop laughing to this smart assed joke. What is your problem? Seriously man. Your negative and provocative attitude is ridiculous and very disrespectful, even if you think your joke is funny. Disrespect which was also discouraged by the traveler.

Basically the the debate here is that you don't like the use of word "D" to describe DMT and it gives you weird imaginations of a basement techno boy. That's fine. But you can't come around and tell that it is disrespectful to use such description. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE IT, it doesn't make it any more disrespectful than the word "spice" or anything else.

McCoyBoy
#50 Posted : 10/29/2011 7:44:05 PM

enthusiast

this thread is getting down right silly.
as above, so below

Global
#51 Posted : 10/29/2011 8:24:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

tele wrote:

For the second time, how can you refer to this quote as ARBITARY RULES or rules in general, you refer to?:

Quote:
Me neither, however one has to experiment sometimesWink And it's fun, but not really very respectful toward the D.

I said it is not VERY respectful toward the D, and you make of it so much more. How am I describing arbitary rules here and how am I urging someone not to disrespect the D?! PLEASE EXPLAIN.

I think the point here is that you're saying that there's a certain activity that's inherently disrespectful towards DMT. This implies that there are a number of activities that are inherently disrespectful toward DMT. As a result of creating a metalist of what is and is not respectful and therefore what should and shouldn't be done on DMT, you are implicitly outlining arbitrary rules.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

tele
#52 Posted : 10/29/2011 8:48:35 PM
Explorer

Global wrote:
]

I think the point here is that you're saying that there's a certain activity that's inherently disrespectful towards DMT. This implies that there are a number of activities that are inherently disrespectful toward DMT. As a result of creating a metalist of what is and is not respectful and therefore what should and shouldn't be done on DMT, you are implicitly outlining arbitrary rules.

OK I understand that viewpoint, however, my intention wasn't to spread any rules as there obviously aren't any. More correctly I should have stated, "I think it's not the most respectful manner of DMT use".
On another hand I clarified my point in my post on the first page of this topic:
Quote:
I think there's no issue with watching movies while "under the influence". The point is that this substance has so much to offer without any external stimuli, therefore, while concentrating on something such as a movie, is simply kind of like "enhancing a movie", therefore not ideal thing to do with the D. However, one has to experiment, I agree, but it's not something one should do on each journey IMO.

I don't think it's the point here. The problem here is art telling on the board that calling DMT as D is disrespectful. Further making smart ass comments about how he thinks that people who use the letter to describe it, are among other things:
14 year old paint huffers
Basement techno boys

etc.

That's just plain rude and disrespectful. Even if one has such weird(IMO) imagination, then I think it's best to keep it inside one's own head instead of spreading it publicly here. I think this issue is pretty much done.
I really don't want to continue this argument. It's obvious that there are some negative people out there anyway...

The Traveler
#53 Posted : 10/29/2011 8:49:00 PM

"No, seriously"

I would love to explain here that at the DMT-Nexus we only have a few fixed rules, like being at least 18 years old and no talk about trading. Sensible rules mainly pointed at the law.

The best rule we have however, is the one where one should use their brain and think about the consequences of their actions. What can be a joke today can be used in a public campaign tomorrow, by either one side of the line.

So if one wants to claim the letter "D" for DMT as what the letter "L" became for LSD then that is fine with me. Just make sure that you understand the possible consequences for this: either nothing, or good, or bad.

I guess tele wants to create a classic meme with this, and as such should be able to do so.

I think what others her try to say is that this can have a possibly bad impact. It might well be that at the next festival that you visit you will be offered "D" (and God knows how pure it is, if it is DMT at all!). For the press "D" is a more easy name to pickup than "spice" (already taken for another substance) or "DMT" (a lot to explain with these three letters) and we know how the media loves to state facts. Rolling eyes

So everyone ask yourself this, like with every other action you take: what will be the consequences?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

p.s. Using terms like "14 year old paint huffers" and "Basement techno boys" are not needed in a healthy debate.

tele
#54 Posted : 10/29/2011 8:55:48 PM
Explorer

Traveler:

I used the word D as description for DMT because I personally find nothing wrong it it and it sounds neutral to me(as opposed to art's feelings about it).
If people would use that instead of DMT, I find nothing wrong with it, as it's only a letter. Consequences: Some people might call it D sometimes? What's the problem with that?
Ewok coke, space crystals, angel dust, deemster, whatever...
D is just a letter that should be neutral.
Well I've heard of opium called "O" at erowid and LSD L. If using the first letter of the word can bring negative imaginations(such as art's), I find it to be a problem of that person, not the letter.

Quote:
p.s. Using terms like "14 year old paint huffers" and "Basement techno boys" are not needed in a healthy debate.

INDEED. I was just quoting art vandlay about what really bugs me here about his attitude towards a LETTER.

The Traveler
#55 Posted : 10/29/2011 9:00:15 PM

"No, seriously"

tele wrote:
I find it to be a problem of that person, not the letter.

As I tried to explain in my previous post. We don't know yet if this will become a problem or not, that's not up to the person.

We can only learn from things from the past and that past tells us that giving nicknames to any substance ends up in the press in the most sensational and, unfortunately for us, negative way.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

EverGreen
#56 Posted : 10/29/2011 9:14:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
I think there's no issue with watching movies while "under the influence". The point is that this substance has so much to offer without any external stimuli, therefore, while concentrating on something such as a movie, is simply kind of like "enhancing a movie", therefore not ideal thing to do with the D. However, one has to experiment, I agree, but it's not something one should do on each journey IMO.

I agree with this. I also feel that people are judging this far too harsh.
I see no problem with it as long it doesn't become a habit, then I think you might want to question what you're doing.
But I don't see any clues that that's the case here.

universecannon wrote:
Theres no rulebook written for dmt

Yeah

I'm also not so much into sacretizing anything, whether it's a cow or DMT, but I apologize for the crude comparison Smile

And who are you disrespecting when you disrespect DMT? Who is DMT?

islandhome
#57 Posted : 10/29/2011 9:29:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this thread has made me (lol) so much
any way
i always put some type o sound scape on in the back ground
but on night i was with a close friend at there place
none o my cd s so she put on a peter gabreal concert movie
we both hit at the same time and off to space
upon return we wher both at this show
walking among the people and actuly got on stage together
and looked at the crowed together
she was so excited at these event she broke the sleep uv her room mate
with screams and laughter

needless to say
we would blast off every 3erd song or so and come back
to the show

very amazing and fullfilling

i believe in closed eyes
but dont count out what may hapen other wise

and try sex
on aya

You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."

"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"

"You ask a glass of water."

Douglas Adams

Wax
#58 Posted : 10/29/2011 10:19:28 PM

LUVR

Personally I don't think the molecule cares what we call it.
Do you think the molecule is flattered by words?
I do however think the molecule (or its mechanism of action whatever/whomever that may be) cares about the intent we carry into the experience.
Same goes with all other classic psychedelics.

I would probably never watch TV or even listen to music while using DMT. Thats just me.
I would and have gone to concerts and parties and done other "non traditional" things on other entheogens.

I have had my ass handed to me on occasion, but I don't think it was because I wasn't performing the correct ritual, I think it was my intent.
For example, I've gone to a party and been completely obliterated by mushrooms in a bad way. BUT I've also had really great spiritual experiences and connections with others doing mushrooms at a party.
The difference was my intentions.

When I had a horrible time I just wanted to get messed up, and I payed the price.
But when I respected the substance with my intentions I was rewarded.

All egos aside, DMT as well as every single substance on this planet has been given to the people of Earth.
Not a single person, every person.
Everyone has the right to take these substances and if they are going into it with the wrong reasons it will be revealed to them.

As an artist I can appreciate the fact that people use substances while watching movies or looking at art to get into the mind of the artist or even the spirit of the art itself.
Doesn't mean I will do it, or that it is the right way.

I will paraphrase something House said in a recent thread of mine, which is that even the sound of ringing in the ears can be transformed in the DMT space into an endless source of information.
Who is to say that visual information such as TV cannot be transformed by DMT into a wealth of hyperspatial information.

In one low dose DMT experience I had, I saw the dirt and hand print smudges on my sliding glass door turn into alien hieroglyphics.
That meant something to me, and I was looking at smudges on a window.....

All I really wanted to say is let the DMT do the judging.
Go into the sacred spaces with good intentions thats all that matters.
A ritual is a ritual thats all, the learning is what is important.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Global
#59 Posted : 10/29/2011 10:32:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EverGreen wrote:

them

Wax
#60 Posted : 10/29/2011 10:39:08 PM

LUVR

Global wrote:
EverGreen wrote:

them

It Pleased
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

PREV123