We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Passion Flower as maoi? Options

stoneyone
#1 Posted : 10/11/2011 6:22:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim was wondering if using passion flower as the maoi in a pharmahuasca would work and if so how much would be needed.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

۩
#2 Posted : 10/11/2011 6:51:43 AM

Passiflora Incarnata is a weak source of MAOI.

Try Syrian Rue instead @ 2 to 3 grams. Or Banisteriopsis caapi tea @ 50-75g.

There are reports of Tribulus Terristris working for this kind of medicine, but I have never tried it myself. I also do not recommend females use this plant because it boosts testosterone and I'm not sure that's what you're going for? ;] 2 tablespoons ground as a tea would be where I would start.

And by all means, bust out the honey and hibiscus.

stoneyone
#3 Posted : 10/11/2011 10:12:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Being that the passion flower is weak as far as MAOI goes can swim not get the deseried effecs even by taking alot? how much . Passiflora Incarnata grows wild on maui and easy to come by. swim is ready for a strong pharmahuasca and or ayahuasca experience and had figured on using mhrb and the passion flower but dont wanna waste time if its not gonna work. Know of any other plant that grow in hawaii that contain dmt or MAOI?

۩
#4 Posted : 10/11/2011 10:16:25 AM

Sorry I wasn't clear enough, it won't work.

biopsylo
#5 Posted : 10/12/2011 12:14:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Know of any other plant that grow in hawaii that contain dmt or MAOI?

Terrence McKenna grew both chacruna and b. caapi on the big island. not sure if they (botanical dimensions) offer cuttings.

http://www.well.com/user/dpd/botdim.html

nen888
#6 Posted : 10/14/2011 8:09:49 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

۩ wrote:
Quote:
Sorry I wasn't clear enough, it won't work.

sorry ۩, but i have to differ
..Gracie & Zarkov (late '80s, early 90s), myself and a few friends found that 300-400grams of P. incarnata boiled down X3 was sufficient to orally activate dmt, and created a very colorful ayahuasca analogue..[EDIT: possible error, gracie & zarkov may have only potentiated smoked tryptamines with incarnata extract]
there's a few other threads on this if you search..

(ps species that are not incarnata are sometimes sold as passionflower..always check source/ID..it works if you've got enough of it!)

۩
#7 Posted : 10/14/2011 8:14:56 AM

I stand corrected. Thanks nen888. This is the first time I've heard of it actually working.

What did you use, leaves or what? P. Incarnata grows wild here I would love to try.

nen888
#8 Posted : 10/14/2011 8:25:11 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..it was the stem & leaves (incl. spirals) purchased from a herbal medicinal supplier..
i really love this plant as an ayahuasca MAOI componet, just requires a lot of material..
there's a bit more info. in this threadhttps://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=24165post #10-11
if you live in a climate where it frosts, P. incarnata is great to grow (loves to die back in winter)..can grow quite a few doses over summer once vine established..seriously beautiful flower too..Smile

MeatMachine
#9 Posted : 10/18/2011 11:12:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've recently obtained some 50x extract of passionflower that I intend to use as an MAOI but I've found determining the doseage I'll need to be pretty hard to do! (well, hard to find a solid figure that someone else has calculated)
I have of course done my own simple maths, based on the figure that significant MAOI will occur at the 150g range of raw plant, so this equals roughly 3-3.5 grams of my 50x extract.

Nen888, what dose worked best for your 3x extract?

nen888
#10 Posted : 10/19/2011 4:08:58 AM
member for the trees

300-400 grams dried material, boiled ayahuasca style, and reduced to glass of gunk per person..
purified or crystal extractions may be quite active at 30mg..
also see thread link in my last post...

stoneyone
#11 Posted : 11/22/2011 12:47:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

boil 3x? does this mean boil it down add water to the boiled down gunk and reboil it down and repeat?

btw swim has 2 pounds fresh p incarnata boiling right now and gonna try an oral dose of dmt later tonight.

nen888
#12 Posted : 11/22/2011 2:07:14 AM
member for the trees

..cover in water, boil 45mins, pour off water and keep, add more water boil again 45mins, repeat..combine 3 liquid fractions, filter, boil down and reduce until consumable quantity of liquid..just like ayahuasca..
it's a real nice quality, it's 'anti-depressant' effects...

stoneyone
#13 Posted : 11/22/2011 2:22:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks thats what swim ended up finding out. working on the 3rd boil now. could swim add the first 2 and start boiling them down befor adding the 3rd?.

stoneyone
#14 Posted : 11/22/2011 2:24:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

any know problem of using fresh wet p incarnata vs dried?

nen888
#15 Posted : 11/22/2011 2:44:24 AM
member for the trees

..quite sensible to boil first two down while on third..have not used fresh incarnata, am interested..would always recommend boiling fresh passiflora material, see also:
Passifloras of Interest (Ethnobotanical Garden)

nen888
#16 Posted : 11/22/2011 3:23:43 AM
member for the trees

ps stoneyone..it's much thicker and 'gluggier' than caapi, usually can't be reduced to as small a volume before getting too viscous...

stoneyone
#17 Posted : 11/22/2011 3:45:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

....got 2pounds boiled down 3x to two tea cups for 2 people. think it may be enough to active dmt orally or atleast prolonging a smoked dose? this is just a test.. swim can get what seems like an unlimited abount of p incarnata... will post report on effects tomorrow.

nen888
#18 Posted : 11/22/2011 4:02:11 AM
member for the trees

..really glad to hear of experimentation!
so, 2 pounds is a bit over 1kg (i think) ..should be 2-3 doses for tryptamine activation based on dry weight (use at least 50-70mg tryptamines if possible) , and in smaller doses will certainly potentiate psychedelics and many other things..little bit of diet restraint doesn't hurt either..

wish your friends nice experiment..Smile

stoneyone
#19 Posted : 11/23/2011 7:14:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well swim spent about 4 hours yesterday boiling down 2pounds(just under 1 kilo) of fresh picked P. Incarnata Leaves(no stems) 3x. Swim had intended of making a single dose outta the 2 pounds. Being that a little under one pound dry p.incarnata boiled down that way should be enough to make dmt active orally so he figured being fresh that 75% of that waight MIGHT just be water. But then his girlfriend decided she wanted in on the brew just as he was finishing up the last boil. So now being split to 2 doses anychace of orally active dmt are slim to none. So he boiled it down to 2large coffe cups worth and shared the brew. Added lemon juice and agave syrup to hopefully help with the taste.

The taste was horrible. extreamly salty? he was not expecting the salty taste. maybe had to do with being fresh wet leaves vs dry? but then again he had never tried dry leaves befor. took about 20min to chug the drink down but with in 5min of thee last drink they both started feeling really buzzy/tingly all over. at this point swim put about 100mgs of dmt in a roiling paper balled it up and chased it down with some water the girfriend did not. Before the dmt would have even had any chance of taking effect they colors got more vivid, vision a little blurred, and a strong feeling sadated/relaxation at about the 45min poin of the first drink of the brew.

Swim got extrmly mild oev of trails/tracers and the walls slighly breathing about 30min after the oral dose of dmt but wait a total of 1hr after eating dmt but nothing more became of it but it stayed consitant. could have just been from the brew alone but swims girlfriend did not have any of thes effects and just felt sadated/sleepy.

at this point swim packs him self a bong bowl of dmt. eyeballed dose about the same size as he always does. Took one hit when his norm is 3-5hits and before he even had a chance to exhale he blasted off far and hard. Had a lot of vision of his past and maybe future? He was gone for about 25min before even starting to come back. and continued to have a light trip for the next 45min

all and all he had an awsome night. he does belive p. incarnata has maoi powers just needed more. swim has a huge bad drying out and looking forward to trying it again.

..... getting late so i will finsh my story later.

nen888
#20 Posted : 11/23/2011 9:35:19 AM
member for the trees

..thank you so much for this report stoneyone..Smile
the potentiation of smoked tryptamines by p. incarnata is quite something (as Gracie & Zarkov also found) ..amazing from memory..like really being in other worlds for extended time..
..as for the oral activation, it sounds like it just fell short of a dose..i'm not sure what the dry vs wet weight difference is, but it could be as high as 50%..
i remember the salty taste, but it wasn't as extreme as you describe..i more recall a kind of 'burned sugar + chinese herbs' intense taste..

there was an earlier attempt i didn't report, with about 150-200 grams dried herb + 100mg approx dmt which was about as active as the experiment you reported..
the successful activation of oral tryptamines by p. incarnata has, to my knowledge, only been achieved 5 times in 3 people (all dried commercial herb), so
i am really keen to hone down the parameters of how to do this (amount etc.) which is why i've been putting the info out..

also, i remember that in preparing a second very successful passionflower/tryptamine brew for two, a dash of white vinegar was added to aid extraction..
filtering as much as possible would help stop particulate plant matter from buffering the gut absorption of the alakaloids/flavonoids..

having extracts of the plant to better measure dosage could aid in experimentation, and i think a couple of nexians are looking at this..

again, thanks stoneyone, this is a great first step..have a good rest..

12NEXT