We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Is it weird to find salvia really enjoyable? Options

del
#1 Posted : 11/16/2008 1:58:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've smoked salvia about 8 times in the last 2 weeks and think about smoking it quite alot because I find it that enjoyable. Does anyone else really enjoy the effects from it, because I've read that alot of people get scared after the first time and don't use it again...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Entropymancer
#2 Posted : 11/16/2008 5:59:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

It is a bit unusual, but everyone's body reacts differently to a substance.

There are people who aren't ready for the intensity of salvia; it's a lot more jarring in its dissociation than DMT is. These people tend to be scared away from the plant, usually as a result of taking too high of a dose... there seem to be too many people who smoke a quarter gram of 30x for their first experience.

Of the people who aren't scared away from it, I think a majority still do not enjoy it, for purely physical reasons. Salvia makes many people extremely hot, sweaty, and covered in unbelievably intense pins-and-needles. That body load adds a dysphoric undertone to the experience, which makes it less than pleasant. Salvia is a plant I commune with very rarely, for that very reason: pins and needles that make your body feel as though it's being pierced by knives isn't condusive to a positive experience. I do find very low dose experiences, just barely above the psychoactive threshold, to be somewhat pleasant and refreshing, a bit like a powernap. But when I smoke much more than that, the body load is just too overwhelming.

Of course, not everyone gets this heavy bodyload, and not everyone minds it. These people, like you, really enjoy salvia. They also tend to be in a distinct minority, as far as I can tell, but different strokes for different folks.

jamie
#3 Posted : 11/16/2008 9:34:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Does seem weird, as most ppl really fear this plant.. I love her though. Guess we're just wired the sameCool. When I smoke salvia its like some interdimensional goddess wraps me in her arms and baths me in euphoria, while gently rocking me back and forth as i pull father and farth away from my closed eyelids, until im in the space.. and then anythings possible
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#4 Posted : 11/16/2008 9:35:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

My relation with her also grew exponentially when i began to grow her
Long live the unwoke.

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 11/16/2008 9:39:19 PM

John Murdoch IV

I quite like Salvia too. Only once had a really bad trip but it didn't scare me away. I've also only once had a really bad DMT trip but that trip scared me away from DMT for 2 years. And I've never really got over it. I'm always more apprehensive now before smoking the spice.

And the pins and needles aren't too bad for me. The only thing I don't like about saliva is how confused I can get sometimes so I'm not able to enjoy what's happening. I'd like to be more aware of what's going on. And I've been sometimes a bit worried that I wouldn't find my way back to the normal me while tripping and maybe traveling through time. I get worried sometimes I will end up stuck in the wrong me at another time Razz hehe
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Entropymancer
#6 Posted : 11/16/2008 11:16:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

DMTripper wrote:
And I've been sometimes a bit worried that I wouldn't find my way back to the normal me while tripping and maybe traveling through time. I get worried sometimes I will end up stuck in the wrong me at another time Razz hehe

I know exactly what you mean!Laughing

The first time I smoked salvia, it was like time started slowing down, and dividing into different possible paths, each moment that passed split time into twice as many possible timelines, and I felt like I couldn't keep up, and I was being left further and further behind the real time the longer the experience lasted. I was really worried that when it ended, I'd end up being stuck permanently stuck a minute or two behind reality. Very bizarre experience. Of course everything came back to normal within a few minutes, but that was quite a jarring first experience! Didn't scare me away from the plant though.

gardentoad
#7 Posted : 11/17/2008 1:31:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I hope that it is not weird to find Salvia enjoyable. A glimpse of the numen...the divine is what I perceive. I started off slowly by growing the plant for 2 years, then chewing quid.After that I tried smoking leaves and then smoking extract. There were a few odd somatics...like being stuck to the wall with velcro or visions that constantly moved in one direction. Still, overall more pleasurable than uncomfortable.

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 11/17/2008 3:10:24 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
Is it weird to find salvia really enjoyable?

Yes. Yes it is.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

40oztofreedom
#9 Posted : 11/17/2008 3:41:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've only found useful. Not so much enjoyable. Its a plant that I don't fear, but one that I approach with respect and a dignity for what it can do. Its something I wouldn't do all the time. But when I feel ready for the dissociation brought on, I will accept it.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

lorax
#10 Posted : 11/17/2008 10:42:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

salvia is great! it's by far the weirdest thing i have yet experienced. the thing that i find very frightening is that i am unable to remember who i am, how i came to be in this space and stuff like that. i always have the feeling that i have somehow managed to "break" reality and that it is unrepairable. i think about never seeing all the people i love ever again (who ever those may be)

it is by far the most alien thing there is for me. i have also had VERY bad experiences with it but none of them scared me away so i will never do it again. when i started not smoking, but eating the stuff - thats where the fun started. i find it much more enjoyable if it comes on slowly and unfolds gradually before oneself.

i somehow dislike the body feeling when smoking high extracts of it. it feels to me like i am being cut up or ripped apart. sometimes i also feel like i have shards of glass sticking in my skin all over my body. at some point once i had the feeling of being in the fangs of a giant animal which pressed its fangs deeper into me over the time of the trip until i was pinned and unable to move at all.

smoking it in small "laugh your ass off doses" is the most fun when it comes to smoking, i think.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

jamie
#11 Posted : 11/17/2008 10:39:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I smoked 2 full bowls of leaf over about a 3 mintue period this morning from my glass bubbler, and i was listening to some kitaro, and it was really nice. I entered this sort of room inside my head with eyes closed, and then that opened up to a river made out of the music, which was flowing by a little hut like house under blue skies in some sort of fairy la la land. All the while that I was there I could percieve "something" else goign on as well, liek a presence coursing through me and the whole scene, guiding the expereience. I never forget who I was or what I had done and was astonished(I always am) at the realness of it all. The weird thing was it was a continuation of a past trip I had in the forest near my house about 2 months ago, where with eyes open I could see a pathway leading deeper into the woods, with the same little fairy or elf homes off in the distance, with a landscape in the background that was diff fromt he "real" forest i was in. These were both lower doses and kinda of just about breakthrough but not quite, like in between worlds...
Long live the unwoke.

DMTripper
#12 Posted : 11/18/2008 12:30:14 AM

John Murdoch IV

lorax wrote:
..... i always have the feeling that i have somehow managed to "break" reality and that it is unrepairable. i think about never seeing all the people i love ever again (who ever those may be)

I also know this feeling. Thinking that things will never be the same again. Like you messed up something and it's not going back to normal. And it's weird that even you had this feeling many times you never get used to it and just think that it has happened before and it will be fine. That's what I feel is the downside with Salvia. Too much confusion.

But over all I like it alot Smile It can show you very interesting things. I don't have much experience with this plant but I'm definitely exploring it further. I just need to get my hands over a living plant 'cause I'd like to try chewing on it.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

blue_velvet
#13 Posted : 11/23/2008 2:33:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not strange to enjoy it. Your brain chemistry and your psychological disposition are huge factors. It scares the shit out of me. I smoked it in the woods once and fell down. I won't go into the details of the experience, but I stood up in a fit of screaming and crying. I then ran out of the woods as if I could get away from it. However, I have a friend that loved smoking it. She communicated with elves the first time she smoked it. She would smoke it repeatedly in a small stretch of time. It's such an extreme drug that some would have to love the experience.

PCP is known to be used repeatedly because a good PCP trip is so good that one would want that experience again. I think the same could be said of Salvia.

Entropymancer
#14 Posted : 11/23/2008 7:03:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dailbirthawn wrote:
I then ran out of the woods as if I could get away from it.

I've done the same thing, when I was in the woods and smoked too high a dose of some extract. Laughing

And the feeling of having broken reality, that it won't come back to normal is familiar as well. Salvia is the one drug where I find it doesn't work so well to tell yourself "You took a drug, this will pass, 5 minutes and reality will be fixed, you haven't done any permanent harm, just sit back and enjoy"

obliguhl
#15 Posted : 11/29/2008 8:59:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had effects once. It was less colorful, less intense than DMT ... but i still think about it, bewcause it had this really dark vibe attached to it. I was flying thru these hexagon catacomb tunnels with embedded purple ornaments and these little dumb creatures were spinning inside my head. As I went out of trance, I had the distinct feeling, that these creatures were part of my brain , still living inside of my skull.

jamie
#16 Posted : 11/30/2008 6:11:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the sage is... wonderful..
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#17 Posted : 12/1/2008 12:29:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a really strangle experience this morning. I did some yoga and meditation and then smoked 2 full bowls of plain leaf back to back in my water pipe, and sat back against some pillows and closed my eyes. I had kitaro playing in the background.

The salvia geometry began to form in and around my head and envelope me and a visual world began to form, and then the next thing I knew it was like I was talking to myself about myself or at least thats how i interprete it now. It was as if I posessed 2 seperate conciousnesses, maybe even 3.. it seemed there to be me(but like a higher me), having a conversation with the plant about the experiment J(me) was doing. Id be saying"oh look at that, J's about to breakthrough", and when I realized this I opened my eyes for some reason, and I had my window open with daylight comming through, so realities overlapped.

So by this point Im just sort of flopping around on some blankets trying to make sence of the experience, and i could percieve the salvia "edge"(cannot describe, if you have experienced it you will know what I mean) throughout my being, splitting me into 2 different dimensions. It literally was like i was have thoughts from 2 dimensions at once. Then all of a sudden i realized that this split was necessary so that salvia could trip through me, throught the human experience.. and I felt insaneLaughing

I kept making the connection to every other time ive prematurally opened my eyes while besaged and had the same trip, but forgot right after what i had experienced..this time I wanted to remember it so I lay there studying it, while trying to shake off the convincing feeling that i had finally done it, I had gone insane, doomed to conciousily exist in 2 dimensions at once.

So, obviousily I did come back, and proceeded to laugh hisarically for about 5 minutes before reflectiing on the experience. I cant shake the feeling of actual merging that went on with what seemd a plant conciousness.. not that im bothered by it, I feel great, ecstatic even. Ive def experienced the "other" with salvia and msuhrooms many times, but this one just seeme so defined and clear once i calmed down a little, it was almost TOO real.

I also jsut had another memory from the trip come back to me, I had become my room, I was me, the wall and floor and the sterio and my body all one. I could feel all of it, things that were 10 feet away from my body i encompassed. This new "encompassment" was me, but it was like me suffused with the salvia being, and she made it possible. This whole time I never lost the memory of smoking salvia, so i just made the "lower" flesh body me lay back down and said "ok, so i will jus be everything".. and thats what i did until I came down.

The whole thing didnt scare me much, but REALLY interested me. I cant wait to go back now and try to converse with this thing. I used to combine chaliponga alkaloids with salvia quite often and think I will begin re experimenting with the combination of the 2Very happy
Long live the unwoke.

obliguhl
#18 Posted : 12/1/2008 7:47:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie
#19 Posted : 12/1/2008 9:17:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ahhh, the wonder and magical mystery of schizophreniaVery happy
Long live the unwoke.

Spock's Brain
#20 Posted : 12/2/2008 7:55:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've smoked it a few times, and I'd smoke it again. I'd like to experiment with eating it, or chewing on it.

I'd say it was my first real psychadelic experience.

Before salvia, I'd only taken shrooms once, but not in a high enough dose to really count. And then one day I smoked some salvia.

I was sitting at my table and I smoked a hit, and sat down the pipe. After a moment I didn't feel anything so I decided to get up and cross the room in order to head for the couch. By the time I got into the middle of the room I began to get completely frozen in time.

On another occasion I smoked it and 'star wars the empire strikes back' was on the T.V.

If you smoke salvia while your watching a movie you will melt into the movie!

I got stuck in between a conversation with hans solo and princess leah.

On a few other occasions I got completely frozen in time. I was so dissoriented I couldn't move. After my senses began to return I was in awe of the power of that pipe, and I couldn't beleive my lack of caution.

Salvia Divinorum will stop time like a rock!

It seemed on several occasions that reality had retreated from me, like I was sinking away from it. I felt really alone. And then I felt like I had returned from a vacation after that. I wanted to call everyone I knew and inform them that I was back.

Salvia (extract) and DMT are both powerful, but incomparable.

"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

12NEXT