We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Psilocybin/Psilocin to N,N-DMT? Options

ShaggyBeing
#1 Posted : 10/2/2011 6:40:13 AM

I Am

I was just wondering if anyone knew a tek 1st) for extracting Psilocybin and/or Psilocin and then 2nd) a tek for converting Psilocybin and/or Psilocin to N,N-DMT? How difficult would the process be?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" -Bob Marley

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 10/2/2011 6:49:06 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Well i can not help you with the extraction, but from what i think i know i thought that once the Psilocybin is ingested it is than processed and broken down to Psilocin, but i don't know this 100% hopefully someone will chime in with a response. Smile good luck
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Global
#3 Posted : 10/2/2011 7:03:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

DoctorMantus wrote:
Well i can not help you with the extraction, but from what i think i know i thought that once the Psilocybin is ingested it is than processed and broken down to Psilocin, but i don't know this 100% hopefully someone will chime in with a response. Smile good luck

Your body metabolizes most psilocybin into psilocin (4-hydroxy DMT), but from there I'd imagine you'd need quite the professional chemistry setup to convert psiolicin into N,N-DMT (if it's even possible at all). If you're looking for a tek to convert your shrooms to DMT because you're having difficulty with the extraction teks including possibly attaining materials, I suggest you try to further pursue that avenue first. Q21Q21's dry lime tek is quite ideal and safe with excellent yields.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

DoctorMantus
#4 Posted : 10/2/2011 7:14:57 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Global wrote:
DoctorMantus wrote:

Your body metabolizes most psilocybin into psilocin (4-hydroxy DMT)

Metabolize was the word i was looking for thanks.

So what exactly are you trying to do convert your shrooms into Spice that sounds like a very expensive procedure IF that is possible like Global had said and also its a lot easier to get the materials you need to extracting spice, i also think imo its a lot easier that growing shrooms. Smile Good luck
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

ShaggyBeing
#5 Posted : 10/2/2011 7:35:15 AM

I Am

Mushrooms are easy to grow and they grow rapidly, alot faster than Mimosa Hostilis or other sources. So I figured if the conversion process wasn't too complicated or expensive that one could have a steady supply of Psilocybin/Psilocin and DMT. You could potentially have a semi self-sufficient supply, lacking grow medium and extraction/conversion materials. Does anyone have any examples of someone trying this? Is this process something that could be done by a novice organic chemist?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" -Bob Marley

corpus callosum
#6 Posted : 10/2/2011 8:02:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

ShaggyBeing wrote:
Is this process something that could be done by a novice organic chemist? What equipment and chemicals might one need to procure?

In answer to these 2 questions, I would say No, not by a novice organic chemist, and the answer to the second question could well cross the bounds of whats acceptable at the Nexus.It goes way beyond 'extraction' so lets steer this thread away from this direction!Wink

I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

ShaggyBeing
#7 Posted : 10/2/2011 9:40:19 AM

I Am

Yea, my bad... but if anyone has a link with an example or tek of this process, that would be cool.

polytrip
#8 Posted : 10/2/2011 3:00:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Why would you want to convert it anyway? Psilocin taken in the right amounts can get you as far as DMT. You just can't vape it.

Metanoia
#9 Posted : 10/2/2011 7:27:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Why would you want to convert it anyway? Psilocin taken in the right amounts can get you as far as DMT. You just can't vape it.

That would be my question as well. Mushrooms have their own character, which I value as much as spice.

vikshB
#10 Posted : 10/3/2011 9:26:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Psychotherapeutic narcotics could be costly to produce and rather unpredictable. One study, however, has discovered that the natural drug in magic mushrooms could be used to treat some mental disorders. Religious participants in one small study that took psilocybin, the drug in magic mushrooms, noted both better life satisfaction and more emotional openness for up to 14 months after the experience. In just a single high dose, psilocybin — a hallucinogen and active ingredient in magic mushrooms — produced notable changes for at least one year in the personalities of almost 60 percent of 51 volunteers in a new Johns Hopkins study. It was believed that psilocybin may have therapeutic uses and is currently studying whether it can help cancer patients handle the depression and anxiety that comes with diagnosis, and whether it can help longtime cigarette smokers quit.

SpartanII
#11 Posted : 10/3/2011 11:08:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^ yea I saw that study. My first thought was WELL DUH! Laughing

justine
#12 Posted : 10/3/2011 2:36:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We can't discuss synthesis here but still I would be curious to know if it's feasible to convert 4-ho-dmt (or any 4-substituted tryptamine) to the unsubstituted tryptamine
with a reasonable yield, I'm sure one of the resident chemist here could answer that question Smile
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

ShaggyBeing
#13 Posted : 10/3/2011 7:31:13 PM

I Am

I've had enough experience with both to know that even though very similar, they are different. Don't get me wrong, I love psilocybin/psilocin but compared to Ayahuasca and smoked DMT, especially at higher doses, the experiences are worlds apart. Also, DMT is a much cleaner and clearer experience IME compared to psilocybin/psilocin, plus you can smoke DMT. So in the hypothetical situation that one should lack access to plants containing DMT, for whatever reason, and with the idea of having a continuous supply of fungi, and the idea of wanting a continuous supply of DMT through extraction and conversion, I would be curious to know if it's feasible to convert psilocybin/psilocin to DMT. It would also be nice to know if the process would leave you with a reasonable yield because otherwise it's completely pointless, so I might as well stick to mushrooms. If there is a known study or tek on the subject a good link would be nice.

sauroman1
#14 Posted : 12/14/2015 5:37:17 PM

Anybody from Lisbon?

I would be curious to make semi-synthetic DMT. But to time knowledge I read only that psilocybin+moclobemide gives similar oral DMT experience that lasts even longer.

Nathanial.Dread
#15 Posted : 12/14/2015 8:40:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We've spent a long time talking about the feasibility of a psilocin/psilocybin extraction here on the Nexus and the consensus is that it is extremely unlikely to be feasible without access to fairly significant equipment and lab-skills. A basic A/B tek won't work because the compound is unstable at the necessary pHs. If you were in a position where you could do column chromatography, that might work, although you'd probably still end up with a fairly dirty product.

As for 4-HO-DMT -> N,N-DMT, it's a fools errand. Certainly impossible without potentially hazardous protocols, and even then, any procedure that could remove the phenolic oxygen would almost certainly destroy other parts of the compound, rending your final product unusable.

Now, I sympathize with the desire for an easy-to-grow, reliable source of N,N-DMT, so if someone with a working knowledge of CRISPR/Cas-9 wanted to get on that, I think that has the potential to be very promising.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Talkswithtrees
#16 Posted : 12/14/2015 10:24:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone tried alcohol extractions on mushrooms? also while Ive never tried it Ive heard rumors of other 4 subbed tryptamines being sucessfully vaporized as a freebase. Maybe Ill give that a try.

Nathanial.Dread
#17 Posted : 12/15/2015 2:19:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Unlikley. Many proteins and enzymes are soluble in ethanol, so your extraction will be extremely messy. The Hoffman's Magic Crystal Tek has been found to actually be mostly protein matter.

Also, the stability of psilocin and psilocybin at high temps is suspect.

Blessings
~ND

jamie
#18 Posted : 12/15/2015 7:53:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

alcohol extracts work great and can be very potent. Add ascorbic acid to preserve it.

I like to reduce an ounce of dry cubensis down to a little tincutre bottle full of liquid.
Long live the unwoke.

1ce
#19 Posted : 12/15/2015 8:45:12 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Talkswithtrees wrote:
Has anyone tried alcohol extractions on mushrooms? also while Ive never tried it Ive heard rumors of other 4 subbed tryptamines being sucessfully vaporized as a freebase. Maybe Ill give that a try.

What alcohol? Methanol seems to perform quite well.

Nathanial.Dread
#20 Posted : 12/15/2015 3:59:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
Talkswithtrees wrote:

What alcohol? Methanol seems to perform quite well.

I remember Benzyme reported making an extract of mushrooms in methanol that was evaporated under reduced pressure, and the residue was very potent.

That'd be fine if you just wanted a nice residue, I was under the impression that the OP wanted an alcohol extraction that yielded a product that was clean enough that you could do interesting chemistry on it.

Blessings
~ND

123NEXT