We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
Celastrus Paniculatus - "Intellect Tree" Options

ragabr
#41 Posted : 3/4/2012 3:27:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just got my Celastrus seeds yesterday, after a little more than a month.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#42 Posted : 3/4/2012 3:47:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought I had posted here but yeah I already bought from this supplier, def legit.. It takes a while to arrive because it comes from india but Ive never had an order not arrive, and I ordered rue quite a few times from them in the past.

obliguhl
#43 Posted : 3/4/2012 4:12:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I took them for a couple of days (7-10 seeds). Not sure if anything was noticed. Placebo for me.

Hyperspace Fool
#44 Posted : 3/5/2012 9:01:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
I took them for a couple of days (7-10 seeds). Not sure if anything was noticed. Placebo for me.

Try doubling that dose, and taking them when you feel foggy. I notice them most when I feel deficient... like the morning after a journey. I don't puff ganj anymore, but when I did, these seeds were definitely helpful to lift the haze.

I have heard tale of people increasing the potency of the acetylcholine action by making a tea with licquorice root. Apparently, the synergy also boosts its blood purifying aspect. I also found that having choline, inositol, or the other phosphytidyls in the system is a good idea. (Lecithin works) 5-HTP also works well with Celastrus.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Purges
#45 Posted : 4/26/2012 10:28:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just got 100g through the door this morning, scarfed 8 of them and, 10 mins later was already feeling effects. My mental fog from last night's cannabis intake has gone and I am feeling surprisingly alert for this time of day. I think these little dudes are going to come in very handy before job interviews and such Big grin

Thanks for spreading word on these, I can see them being very handy!

I have a ton to be experimenting with now, might even make some oil if I can find an effective means of extracting it.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

nexalizer
#46 Posted : 5/12/2012 1:19:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So mine arrived today, I'll be reporting on effects tomorrow.

EDIT: Had 7 seeds ~20 minutes ago, so far nothing detectable. How long until you feel any effects?
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

nexalizer
#47 Posted : 5/13/2012 12:36:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Roughly 20 minutes after the first 7 I had another half a teaspoon.. there were no effects.

Could it be related to having had mushrooms yesterday?

I'll try again tomorrow (there is no tolerance correct?), maybe a slightly higher dose and see if it changes anythingConfused
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

ChaoticMethod
#48 Posted : 5/13/2012 1:23:38 AM

Eye of the Beholder

It's not supposed to get you high, nexalizer. Don't try and look for the "buzz", it's not what celastrus does. Try eating them before studying, or before an exam, or before you are reading something interesting. It's effects on memory and mental capacities are subtle, not "in your face".
"If you have any answers, We will be glad to provide full and detailed questions."

[url=http://shimeon.tumblr.com//url]

rOm
#49 Posted : 5/13/2012 6:25:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:

same here but it seems you need to use it on a daily basis for longer to make sure you'll have the effects build up.
Do like 14 days on, then off then try again.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

nexalizer
#50 Posted : 5/13/2012 10:19:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ChaoticMethod wrote:
It's not supposed to get you high, nexalizer. Don't try and look for the "buzz", it's not what celastrus does. Try eating them before studying, or before an exam, or before you are reading something interesting. It's effects on memory and mental capacities are subtle, not "in your face".

I wasn't expecting to get high, but was definitely expecting *something*. As far as I could tell, there was no increased concentration, memory improvement, stimulation, etc.

Granted, I wasn't reading anything Saturday or today (had a teaspoon, didn't detect any difference either).

Tomorrow there's some interesting research I gotta do @work, perhaps the effects will be noticeable while actively engaging something intelectually challenging.

nexalizer
#51 Posted : 5/14/2012 7:24:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nothing today either (10 seeds)..

I'll try upping the dose tomorrow.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Should the seeds be taken on an empty stomach? And do you just eat the seeds or prepare them somehow?

slewb
#52 Posted : 5/16/2012 4:34:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nexalizer wrote:
Nothing today either (10 seeds)..

I'll try upping the dose tomorrow.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Should the seeds be taken on an empty stomach? And do you just eat the seeds or prepare them somehow?

I generally just eat a handful. probably 25-50 seeds. Chew em up good, wash down with some water. After not having eaten any for a while I definitely feel a bit of an acid comeup-like buzz, but it goes away after the first time. I already have a pretty awesome memory, so I don't really use them so much for that as for when I need to actively do intellectual work or when I'm feeling strung out for whatever reason and just want a little boost.

I think I saw people in here talking about having ordered the seeds from India. I dunno if it was the same vendor, but I also ordered seeds from India off ebay and they took longer (about a month) to arrive and were much grosser to eat than the ones I ordered from a site based in the US in that they were chewier and just seemed a whole lot less fresh. I ended up just combining my two bags, so I couldn't tell you if there's any difference in the potency.

I'm curious, has anyone noticed better dream recall or more lucidity or whatever? If so how much do you take for such an effect and when? I haven't noticed any difference in my dreaming when I've used the seeds, even in large amounts just before bedtime.

Shrabbit420
#53 Posted : 5/17/2012 7:32:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First of all I would like to thank whoever started this thread, and the rest of you who shared such great information and sources. I had never heard of this plant before but it instantly caught my interest, and I have found it to be a blessing in my life.

I recently started a regimen of 7-10 seeds twice a day (after lunch & after dinner). I didn't notice much the first 3 or 4 days (besides the definite 'clearing of the fog', as mentioned above, from smoking cannabis regularly)

On day 5 I upped the dose to 15-25 seeds twice a day. From then on I have definitely noticed and increase in focus and memory recall. Dream recall increased way beyond anything I would have ever thought, I went from maybe remembering dreams once a week, to now remembering several per night. My motivation and appetite have gone way up as well.

So far I have noticed no negative side effects from it alone or mixed with other drugs (benzo's, opiates, yohimbe, caffeine, alcohol, and weed of course).

And last night for my final night using it (just a short break from the regimen) I decided to grind about 30 seeds using a mortar and pestle, along with ~20g of raw cacao nibs and a spoonful of cinnamon. that was then mixed with 8oz of vanilla/caramel ice-cream that had been blended to milkshake consistency. Besides tasting delicious I was definitely feeling off baseline about 75% of the way through the shake; and after finishing it in about 15-20 minutes I was feeling pretty good. The next 2-3 hours was a slow build up to what I can only describe as a natural feeling ecstasy (mellow, but slightly stimulating and euphoric). Then it gradually faded away with the good effects disappearing at the 4 hour mark, and back to baseline at 5 hours as I laid down for bed.

I am curious to see what happens in the next week or so while I don't take it.
I have a camping trip coming up soon and the timing feels right to enjoy some good cactus. I have been thinking of mixing some of these seeds with it to see if they add anything. I will post back the results when it happens.
โ€œSurrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things โ€œgo wrongโ€ quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.โ€

Eckhart Tolle

Vodsel
#54 Posted : 6/3/2012 4:20:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

CP is even a more interesting plant than it looks at first glance. Leaving a couple more research papers.

ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ACTIVITY OF CELASTRUS PANICULATUS SEEDS

Sudha Parimala1, Gh. Shashidhar, Ch.Sridevi, V.Jyothi and R.Suthakaran

Abstract: Celastrus paniculatus is a large climbing unarmed shrub with long slender elongating branches which are reddish brown and covered with white venticels.Seed oil has bitter taste and useful in abdominal disorder, beri-beri and sores.
But so far no report is available regarding anti-inflammatory activity of the seeds. Celastrine and paniculatine are the two alkaloids present in the seeds. The seeds were shade dried, powdered and subjected to extraction with alcohol and methanol using Soxhlet apparatus. Therefore the following study was performed to evaluate scientifically the anti-inflammatory activity by carrageenan induced hind paw odema method on the albino rats and compared with diclofenac sodium as reference and it shows signifigant anti-inflammatory activity.

Reversal of Scopolamine-Induced Deficits in Navigational Memory Performance by the Seed Oil of Celastrus paniculatus

MAHANANDEESHWAR GATTU, KENNETH L. BOSS, ALVIN V. TERRY, JR. AND JERRY J. BUCCAFUSCO

Introduction: TRADITIONAL or folk medicines have been widely employed for centuries, and they remain one important source for the discovery of new bio-active compounds. Ayurveda, an ancient traditional system of medicine that has been practiced in India since 200 B.C. employs a large number of medicinal plants used in the prevention and treatment of a wide number of diseases. One of these includes the plant Celastrus paniculatus Willd. (CP), a plant known for centuries as โ€œthe elixir of lifeโ€. According to Ayurveda, depending upon the dose regimen, CP may be employed as a stimulant-nerve tonic, rejuvenant, sedative, tranquilizer and diuretic. It is also used in the treatment of leprosy, leucoderma, rheumatism, gout, paralysis and asthma. Most of the claims for this plant have not been substantiated in rigorous scientific settings. This includes the purported property of CP germane to this studyโ€”its ability to stimulate the intellect and sharpen the memory. There have been pharmacological studies to suggest that the oil obtained from the seeds of CP possess sedative and anticonvulsant properties (15,17). Sheath and coworkers (33) isolated an active fraction of the oil that they termed Mal-IIIA, and suggested that this component exhibits the sedative and tranquilizing effects observed in rats and mice.

Sporadic reports in the scientific literature also exist to suggest that the neet oil of CP or its extracts exhibit the following pharmacological actions: anti-viral (7), anti-bacterial ( 28 ), analgesic (2), anti-inflammatory (2,11), anti-malarial (5), anti-fatigue (19), anti-spermatogenic (36), insecticidal (4), hypolipemic (22), and, potentiation of barbiturate sleeping time (3). The indigenous peoples that employ CP also know this preparation as a general cognitive enhancing agent. Several reports are now available to support this later notion in the laboratory setting. Karanth and coworkers (20), and Nalini and coworkers (26), reported that rats treated with CP improved their performance in raised platform shock-avoidance paradigm and two-way passive avoidance paradigm, respectively. Nalini and coworkers (25) reported that chronic treatment with CP oil produced improvement in I.Q. scores and decreased the content of catecholamine metabolites, vanilylmandelic acid and homovanillic acid in the urine of mentally retarded children. (...)

Mandukeya
#55 Posted : 6/4/2012 9:12:30 PM

Shamanic Engineer

I have now had ~15-20 of these for breakfast for 3 months. No ill effects noticed.

Another site I stumbled upon said 10-100 seeds/day and claimed that a lot of Indian students eat it daily.

From my scan of the research available, only one seemed like something bad might come from eating these daily. Anyone here with the knowledge to rephrase these results in layman terms?

Antispermatogenic action of Celastrus paniculatus seed extract in the rat with reversible changes in the liver.

My doctor friend failed to give me an explanation I understood - despite me eating the seeds Confused

A few minor observations:
- It seems the increased mental clarity also takes away a sizable part of acute cannabinoid intoxication. For better or worse I guess.
- Don't eat them straight before physical exercise. Last week I had some before yoga and I think I broke some record in the amount of sweat produced at my center.
- The cheap seeds from seedvendor arrives with live bugs and spider webs in the bags. I don't mind too much though.

I also found some info on extraction of the oil (52% oil in the seeds). Supposedly it is very easy to extract by boiling in water, the oil will raise to the surface and can be easily separated.

nexalizer
#56 Posted : 6/16/2012 4:02:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've definitely noticed a subtle increase in mental activity.

Funny, I didn't realize it myself, until friends pointed out more focused playing during some jam sessions.

About 1hr ago I experimented with mixing celastrus with some yogurt and dried cranberry (to mask the taste, which I find horrendous) and then continued with house chores. Picked up the guitar after a bit and after some nice jamming I have to say that indeed I notice a difference.

TBH while reading or thinking about stuff it doesn't seem to make a difference, but it could be because I'm pretty much always reading/thinking most of the time anyway.

So far, no ill effects noted.

smoalker
#57 Posted : 10/1/2012 10:14:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive been taking about 12 of these seeds daily for about a two months now and yeah they are highly effective at improving my mental clarity , I noticed effects the first day I dosed them , there was no issues with building them up in my system or anything , Also I have not noticed any tolerance with them .
My 12 seeds a day has been working just fine.

CosmicLion
#58 Posted : 10/2/2012 12:38:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Analgesic and Anti-inflammatory Properties
http://www.sciencedirect...cle/pii/037887419490085X

Anti-Oxidant and Cognitive Enhancing Abilities
http://www.sciencedirect...le/pii/S094471130470118X

Significant Increase in Memory Retention & "decrease in the turnover" of the 3 Major Neurochemicals (Dopamine, Norepinephrine, Serotonin)

http://www.sciencedirect...cle/pii/037887419501264E
-NOTE-
--An increase in turnover of these transmitters decreases memory and becomes neurotoxic. Confirmed w/ neuroscientist.
--A decrease such as the one shown is neuroprotective in the brain.

Anti-Malarial Activity
http://onlinelibrary.wil.../ptr.2650030405/abstract

Celastrus Completely Reverses a scopolamine-induced task performance deficit: Enhances Cognition
http://www.sciencedirect...le/pii/S0091305796003917

Free-Radical Scavenging (Neuroprotective) Properties

http://www.sciencedirect...le/pii/S0944711304700203

Protection Against Induced Toxicity + More About Free-Radical Scavenging
http://www.sciencedirect...le/pii/S0944711305000863

Intestinal Relaxation Properties for Intestinal Disorders

https://www.thieme-conne...oi/10.1055/s-2004-827190

Antispermatogenic Action + Reversal Liver Effects
http://www.sciencedirect...cle/pii/037887419090080D
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

mew
#59 Posted : 10/2/2012 9:01:09 PM

huachumancer

i just ordered 50g from seed people, looking forward to it!

โ—‹
#60 Posted : 10/2/2012 9:13:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I really like these seeds. I usually take 25 in the morning with my coffee. Smile

Its a subtle but very noticeable effect of being more 'on point' with ones own thoughts. Recall on many things seems to be much easier. Although some of these might be placebo in effect, I can definitely vouch for being 'on my toes' mentally though. There's a definite feeling almost immediately once I take them. I have not tried taking them before bed for any sort of lucidity/dream recall though. I usually just pop them in one side of my mouth, chew them up completely, then swig it down with some coffee. Thumbs up

PREV12345NEXT