We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
How often do you use Psychedelics? Options

Coastal_Shaman
#21 Posted : 9/7/2011 4:52:13 AM

"That Guy"

I like to do a moderate to heroic dose of mushrooms once every month or two and sometimes I like to hit the spice once in a couple weeks or so.. A lot of time when I do the mushrooms I hit my gvg on the peak for an extended dmt trip.(for me hitting the spice on a mushy peak turns my mushroom trip into a 6 hour dmt trip much like aya. I have not been able to go on a spice journey in a few weeks though as my pre flight anxiety has been getting the better of me the last couple times I've wanted to blast off.
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

universecannon
#22 Posted : 9/7/2011 4:58:50 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

ragabr wrote:
Almost don't notice not having the harmalas, until I take them again and feel great.

Yeah thats how it goes for me too. I still feel great when not taking them but once i start again my sense of overall well being just goes right back up

I also got interested in daily harmala/melatonin intake through Tony Wrights ideas, which i encountered about 2 years ago now. They are extremely interesting and you can check out an online version of his book here , but i would just buy it if you like it, and support this guys work.

i didn't start taking harmalas and melatonin basically everyday until maybe april, but before then i was taking them several times a week.. its been extremely interesting. Slipping into a blissful meditative state becomes easier and easier and i feel more connected with myself, others, and the universe than i ever did previously..Other people have noted this positive change in me who don't have any idea i do psychedelics, and many are alarmed by the daily occurrences of syncronistic things going on. By doing this and eating mostly raw fruit/veggies and nuts i feel more healthy now than at any other point in my life, and even found that i need less sleep than ever.. but i usually sleep a lot regardless because i love it Razz and dreaming has taken on a whole new dimension. Recently i had a pharma experience, with what would have been a standard dose for me, that actually lasted 12 hours..i took a good dose of melatonin with it though, which was about the only factor out of normalcy..by that time the dmt had long faded but that visual shutter-ness quality characteristic of harmalas was still very prevalent

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

RayOfLight
#23 Posted : 9/7/2011 5:24:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aetherius Rimor wrote:
2 to 4 grams every 3 to 4 days of Penis Envy Cubensis. I feel connected to the universe, myself, and others. If in a proper setting, I up it to 6 grams, if not in a proper setting, down it to 1 gram. It's only ever functioned as an etheogen to me, and is always very predictable. I personally consider it my personal version of "going to church".

LSD experimentally when I actually have it available, but it's purely psychomimetic to me, so only recreationally. It makes me feel demented and crazy, and it's unpredictable.

DMT every once in awhile, haven't for a month though. Nothing can compare to it...

After taking 2.5 grams of penis envy a few times I can say that for me its had the most consistent positive effects of any psychedelic I've used.

It brings me right where I need to be, connected to the universe, myself and others just like you said.

I haven't tried that many different kinds of mushrooms bit there's defiantly something special about P.E in my experience.

My use of psychedelics varies from month to month, sometimes daily and sometimes 3 or more months between use. Right now I'm smoking dmt and changa every night, mixing harmalas in my joints and oral dosing weekly Razz

I think the reason I use them is that they put a sense of wonder and adventure back into the world, they remind me that there's way more to reality than most people think.

I find they recalibrate my brain in a way as well.
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

Serenity
#24 Posted : 9/7/2011 5:36:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
ragabr wrote:
Almost don't notice not having the harmalas, until I take them again and feel great.

Yeah thats how it goes for me too. I still feel great when not taking them but once i start again my sense of overall well being just goes right back up

I also got interested in daily harmala/melatonin intake through Tony Wrights ideas, which i encountered about 2 years ago now. They are extremely interesting and you can check out an online version of his book here , but i would just buy it if you like it, and support this guys work.

i didn't start taking harmalas and melatonin basically everyday until maybe april, but before then i was taking them several times a week.. its been extremely interesting. Slipping into a blissful meditative state becomes easier and easier and i feel more connected with myself, others, and the universe than i ever did previously..Other people have noted this positive change in me who don't have any idea i do psychedelics, and many are alarmed by the daily occurrences of syncronistic things going on. By doing this and eating mostly raw fruit/veggies and nuts i feel more healthy now than at any other point in my life, and even found that i need less sleep than ever.. but i usually sleep a lot regardless because i love it Razz and dreaming has taken on a whole new dimension. Recently i had a pharma experience, with what would have been a standard dose for me, that actually lasted 12 hours..i took a good dose of melatonin with it though, which was about the only factor out of normalcy..by that time the dmt had long faded but that visual shutter-ness quality characteristic of harmalas was still very prevalent

...You've all peaked my interest in daily harmalas. In my quest to find a way to curb my enthusiasm for cannabis and promote more life in my life, this seems promising...much more promising. Thank you for posting this link to the book!

amoteofdust
#25 Posted : 9/7/2011 8:23:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello:

I usually partake around the first and middle of every month. I would say I've averaged about 24-28 psychedelic trips a year for close to six years now. For me personally, I partake for the medicinal/meditation purposes and for this reason I would say most of my experiences are solo. I never partake for social or party reasons but will take with another or in group if set and setting promote me to help guide others, especially with Sybil and Lucy.

If it was up to me, I would probably partake more frequently but I'm content with my usage right now. The most important thing for me is set and setting, and in this sense, its difficult for me to plan ahead to partake more than a few days in advance but everyone is different. For me, psychedelics is a nice little reset button and ever experience enhances my understanding, appreciation, and respect for psychedelics.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
Respectfully,
-Amoteofdust
Follow your bliss.

tele
#26 Posted : 9/7/2011 10:04:24 AM
Explorer

Global wrote:

I probably take oral DMT (ayahuasca, chaliponga, pharmahuasca, vaped DMT w/MAOI) once every two months or so. I would without a doubt have that number significantly increased if I could eliminate the nausea.

Have you tried sublingual caapi with vaped D? It gives no nausea as the dose is small(10-50mg).

tele
#27 Posted : 9/7/2011 10:12:12 AM
Explorer

Fractal Enchantment: Whoa that's one heck of a way to try and go back in time!
I just feel that the claims of artificial lightning and such being "bad" for you are a bit extreme, but each to his own...

matukuul
#28 Posted : 9/7/2011 10:16:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Use them as much as you want.. If I had the means, and sometimes I do, I would be on them constantly, and sometimes I am.

EquaL Observer
#29 Posted : 9/7/2011 12:04:31 PM

Ross

Due to it being summer, being young and recently left a crappy job after luckily running into money I'm high dosing about once a week, before then at least twice a month the past year. Starting university next week though and I'm interested in listening to the unconscious directly without any kind of nervous system influence from any external source for a while (barr food). Collected enough mushrooms now to go once a month for the next year Smile

I find I've had no daunting side effects from tripping this amount, if anything it's been generally positive psychologically and physically... they push you into a respect for life. Though now I think I should be acting upon what I've learned and starting something beneficial in the world
Your depth is your integrity

Purges
#30 Posted : 9/7/2011 1:24:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whenever the Urges takes me Smile sometimes as often as 5 times a week, sometimes I won't touch them for months, and the idea of them is a little daunting. It all depends on my state of mind at the time. I had a very rewarding Changa session last night, and am eager to delve back in again today, so it all depends. I will often go in like 2-3 times during a smoalking session Very happy
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

PrimalWisdom
#31 Posted : 9/7/2011 1:26:39 PM

Everything the light touches

I used to do acid at least once a month, sometimes more when I was younger. Now days I tend to do some mushrooms or some other kind of psy (Mescaline, LSA etc.) at least twice a year. I haven't done acid in around 2 years after a pretty hefty 700ug trip.
As for DMT I tend not to see it in the same way as the longer lasting psys. Its so much shorter, easier to do (you don't need 12+hrs of free time), and actually leaves me uplifted afterwards instead dumb and tired for a week. So I do it whenever the right time presents itself. I'd say once a week sometimes twice a week. I'd imagine when I try Ayahuasca and have a steady supply of Caapi vine I'd also do it maybe once a month or less.
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

aqiae
#32 Posted : 9/7/2011 4:58:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jdubs wrote:
Sometimes more than others...whenever I feel 'the pull' (sometimes a couple a month, sometimes a couple a week, sometimes (music festivals etc) a couple a day, sometimes none for a few months. It varies Laughing

How do you handle tripping that much? What kind of lifestyle do you live? Does your lifestyle accommodate it easily enough?

Curious to know.... I'd love to trip that much but feel like I need the breaks in between trips, which are quite often are taken at random

edit: after reading through a lot of posts it seems that a lot of you use psychedelics quite regularly!

I don't know how I'd go if I was on them that often... I get a few in a year maybe if I'm lucky...

Serenity
#33 Posted : 9/7/2011 6:07:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

aqiae wrote:
jdubs wrote:
Sometimes more than others...whenever I feel 'the pull' (sometimes a couple a month, sometimes a couple a week, sometimes (music festivals etc) a couple a day, sometimes none for a few months. It varies Laughing

How do you handle tripping that much? What kind of lifestyle do you live? Does your lifestyle accommodate it easily enough?

Curious to know.... I'd love to trip that much but feel like I need the breaks in between trips, which are quite often are taken at random

edit: after reading through a lot of posts it seems that a lot of you use psychedelics quite regularly!

I don't know how I'd go if I was on them that often... I get a few in a year maybe if I'm lucky...

Aqiae, I have many friends who hold your viewpoint. I think it's different for everyone. Doing what FEELS right and not what others do is best, although as the OP I was very interested in whether I had become delusional with my weekly use being acceptable. If I had a supply of LSD, I'd likely partake twice or more a week because for me it's one of those "always fun, always easy" psychedelics, pretty much regardless of the 7-14 day tolerance Twisted Evil However, most of my access is to mushies and DMT (save some nasty RC's I won't touch anymore), so my journeys are at least once a week. I find it just simply makes life better, all-around. My friends were initially (and still are sometimes) concerned with my use, but they simply can't allow themselves to see it from my perspective, and I don't blame them, although they will openly admit my approach and appreciation to life is increasingly more inspiring with the passing of every day. This is probably why it's just a monthly 5 minute chat out on the deck rather than an intervention Smile

To answer your question, I've gone from working 50 hours a week with an extremely active lifestyle and still tripping once or twice in that time to not working at all but my use not increasing.

To each his own.

aqiae
#34 Posted : 9/7/2011 6:48:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You must have a very firm grip on yourself to be able to do that

I respect that you can be comfortable doing that.. for me that would take serious letting my guard down, stop taking everything (myself included) so seriously... and 'opening up' so to speak.

That is, assuming you feel you are 'opened up' and as such can tolerate tripping so frequently.

Serenity
#35 Posted : 9/7/2011 6:55:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

aqiae wrote:
for me that would take serious letting my guard down, stop taking everything (myself included) so seriously... and 'opening up' so to speak.

That's why I do it so often Smile

actualfactual
#36 Posted : 9/7/2011 8:24:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whenever the calling comes, a couple times a year or maybe seasonally. In the past it was much more frequent than that.

Watts once said "When you get the message, hang up the phone." and I think I may be on the verge of doing just that.

Metanoia
#37 Posted : 9/8/2011 7:05:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Depends on the substance, really. I smoke Salvia all the time. In low doses, of course. I take LSA seeds at least once or twice a month, again in pretty low doses. I've been taking the changa pretty seriously lately, that's become an almost everyday thing. I find it very easy to work with. Also have become interested in the caapi only tea. Done that three times in the last month. Mushrooms I can go a couple months at a time without tripping (probably because I have a ridiculous supply on hand) but have tripped on them twice in the last month Very happy Haven't had acid in quite some time, that's a very occasional thing for me. Probably wouldn't matter how often I could get it either. I've pretty much had my day with LSD, it can still be fun, but I much prefer mushrooms now.

So, I guess I use them a lot more than I would think Very happy They're a huge part of my life.

matukuul
#38 Posted : 9/8/2011 7:22:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

aqiae wrote:
for me that would take serious letting my guard down, stop taking everything (myself included) so seriously... and 'opening up' so to speak.

Sounds like you need to let your self do some of that.

Serenity
#39 Posted : 9/8/2011 3:05:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

matukuul wrote:
aqiae wrote:
serenity wrote:
That's why I do it so often Smile

Sounds like you need to let your self do some of that.

Agreed Smile

Xt
#40 Posted : 9/8/2011 3:45:37 PM

2/3 times a year, it used to be more. I find it difficult to find the right time/set/setting these days.
Since winding down somewhat, i can see the positive effects easier then before, and every time i use these wonderful things... i say to myself why don't i do it more often. It is soul food. Im convinced regular dosing is the key to a happy healthy psych.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

PREV123NEXT