We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Ancient Aliens and Salvia Options

Dreamwalker
#21 Posted : 9/4/2011 1:29:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They had an episode of ancient aliens on last week where they talked about shaman and the different ways they communicate with aliens/the spirit world. I was disappointed that there was no mention whatsoever about psycho active plants!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tele
#22 Posted : 9/4/2011 3:14:10 PM
Explorer

Dreamwalker wrote:
They had an episode of ancient aliens on last week where they talked about shaman and the different ways they communicate with aliens/the spirit world. I was disappointed that there was no mention whatsoever about psycho active plants!

Probably it's just good. Otherwise all those 15 year olds would be going for the salvia trip!Laughing

Orion
#23 Posted : 9/4/2011 3:25:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The pyramids, yeah i remember that plan, the golden days. Btw it's my belt they line up with Pleased
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

burningmouth
#24 Posted : 9/4/2011 10:35:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: Forever riding the rotating molecular structure of interconnecting peoploids.
Dioxippus wrote:
The whole Stoned Ape theory. And that the spores came from outerspace. That's another one I love wondering about. Not accepting it at face value, but to tweak it and try to find the most plausible scenario. If the Ancient Alien and Stoned Ape theories are combined, it starts to become really interesting Very happy That perhaps the birth of consciousness is due to these mushrooms that we found and ingested, sure. But the mushrooms were put there purposely by extraterrestrials who came and saw our ancestors, and knew full well that if they placed these mushrooms here, we would eventually find them and eat them.

I wasn't sure if this thread would get any responses. I guess I hit a nerve. Smile

I was listening to a McKenna mp3 where he was talking about proto-humans and mushrooms. I can't paraphrase what he said, but it was interesting. I think he basically said that mushrooms helped human beings evolve from their more apelike ancestors. He gave a cool reason for the advancement, but I can't remember it.

ORION, You're right. I just looked at the Hancock book. It was the belt. (interesting, coincidental username)

I'll check out the Sumerian stuff too. Thanks for the heads up.

Let's veer a little off topic (not too off topic). I was watching a UFO story on TV the other night about a triangular shaped object sighted by many people in Belgium. The thing that grabbed my attention was the report of three bright lights on the underside of the craft. Well, I think the triangular craft that was spotted by (thousands?) of people near Phoenix ALSO had three bright lights on the underside of the craft.
(I'm not talking about the V shaped 'flares'. I'm talking about the huge thing that people saw before it crossed over Phoenix. I think the military released the flares to mask the actual craft that was spotted. The flares were released to discredit all the reports of the actual craft.)
((I'm just speculating that they were flares. I know that some scientists have said that the video of what looked like flares was absolutely not flares.))
Now, the first thought that came to my mind was, "Why would an alien craft need lights?" Maybe they weren't lights. Maybe they were part of some power source that navigated the craft.

Oh, by the way. When I was a kid a long, long time ago, I saw a V shaped 'thing' fly overhead. It looked like it was made up of hundreds of stars. It was more a collection of lights than a solid craft. None of the lights left trails, which rules out a meteor. My sighting was long before the 'triangular' type craft came into vogue.

Thanks for the responses guys.

joedirt
#25 Posted : 9/5/2011 12:44:37 PM

Not I

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
Pumu Punku? Come on.

Puma Punku is the most amazing thing I've seen. It is the most compelling, by far, of any evidence I've seen that humans had help. I mean entire 3D manifolds carved out of stone? Perfectly machined lines through 8 feet of granite...perfectly drilled holes. Yeah Puma Punku is far more amazing than the pyramids...and I have yet to hear a compelling explanation of how the pyramids were built.

I think the series is good, but I think it's got some bullshit to...the hollow ringing moon anyone? It's not all real, but I do think it's time for science to at least explore these theories in a more informed fashion. IMHO.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Hyperspace Fool
#26 Posted : 9/5/2011 9:30:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
Hyperspace Fool wrote:
Pumu Punku? Come on.

Puma Punku is the most amazing thing I've seen. It is the most compelling, by far, of any evidence I've seen that humans had help. I mean entire 3D manifolds carved out of stone? Perfectly machined lines through 8 feet of granite...perfectly drilled holes. Yeah Puma Punku is far more amazing than the pyramids...and I have yet to hear a compelling explanation of how the pyramids were built.

I think the series is good, but I think it's got some bullshit to...the hollow ringing moon anyone? It's not all real, but I do think it's time for science to at least explore these theories in a more informed fashion. IMHO.

Of course it is not all real. Not even everything in a history book is all real. In fact, police reports of events that took place in the past few days all contain inaccuracies.

;-)

But if ANY of what they say is true (and there is a lot of evidence for that), then we have to re-write and completely change nearly EVERYTHING we currently believe about our past.

As you said, Puma Punku is astounding. I was there, along with Tiwanaku and other ruins in the vicinity of Lake Titicaca. In fact I have been to ruins (famous and unknown) all over the world. All of them are incredible and cause one to doubt accepted histories. Puma Punku (among others) absolutely shatters accepted ideas of history. There are I-clamps there made of a copper-arsenic-nickel bronze alloy. History books say the people of that culture only possessed stone tools. There are interlocking, click-together building blocks where all of the pieces of certain buildings are exact replicas of 4 shapes, including intricate recessed carvings which skilled masons would have trouble reproducing... suggesting that the blocks of dolorite were pre-fabricated. (Dolorite is as hard as hardened steel) In fact, the only way to have so many exact replicas of such intricate design is if they were all from the same molds. That would imply having the technology to melt dolorite to a liquid and pour it into pre-fab molds whose construction by "primitive" people is unthinkable. It is mind-boggling. The pieces there do not seem chiseled or carved, and there are sharp 90 degree edges that are still sharp enough to cut you when you run your finger along them!

Scientists don't even try to explain this stuff away. They mostly try to ignore places like this.

I commend the Ancient Aliens folk for bringing some of these things to public attention. Sure they sensationalize a lot of stuff, and they can tend to come off like tin-foil hat wearing loonies at times. But all in all, I don't think that people should just dismiss Von Danniken and his theories off hand. I don't think that people should be so arrogant as to assume that everything that the ancient cultures wrote down was "mythology." Despite what people want to say about Sitchin or others, the simple fact is that the people who wrote these sci-fi type documents (including the Bible) did NOT think they were writing fiction. In fact... there was not a tradition of writing fiction at all until very recent times. Writing was sacred, and only the initiated even learned how to read or write. They didn't write down stories of flaming chariots, genetic manipulation, beam weapons etc. as some kind of prehistoric pulp fiction.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Metanoia
#27 Posted : 9/7/2011 6:55:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Really, great thread Smile I love reading about and discussing this topic in particular. I think what is really good about these theories is all the questions they pose. Asking questions about things that are readily accepted by most people. That's what interests me the most.

BTW, new season of the Ancient Aliens show starts Sept. 12 on History Pleased Very happy

dreamtimereturn
#28 Posted : 9/10/2011 4:57:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Metanoia
#29 Posted : 9/10/2011 7:58:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamtimereturn wrote:

Interesting documentary, thanks for posting.

I think the reason why the Alien Astronaut theory is gaining popularity again is partly because of the stupidity of the human race that many of us are confronted with on a daily basis. Those who refute the theory often say that it does not give enough credit to human intelligence and ingenuity. Well, when you see what we're doing with these gifts at present, it becomes hard to give credit where it might be due Very happy Our ancestors were probably a lot more intelligent in some ways than we are today. How much have we forgotten?

EquaL Observer
#30 Posted : 9/10/2011 2:28:55 PM

Ross

I reckon the plant intelligence is the Alien intelligence. There are so many questions here, it's especially interesting how the plants can open up 2 way communications between us and them through the alkaloids - where do their nervous system lie? Is it that of the entire species or of individual plants?

DMT plants on many different continents? Different sources? Are these things planetary or interstellar? Are they all knowing? Or do they like seeming all knowing in our presence? Razz. What are they allowed to reveal? Do they know the future/have plans? Talk between each other? For me their existence is settled, but why won't they tell us what's going on!

The Sumerian myths have been twisted beyond all reason, I think. When you read about them, it seems they have just pushed human values onto their gods (they get drunk and do stupid godlike things).
Your depth is your integrity

Hyperspace Fool
#31 Posted : 9/11/2011 12:17:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@ Dioxippus

There certainly were humans in the past who were smarter and more knowledgeable than humans of this day. In any time you have geniuses and idiots... living side by side. There were times in human history where Homo Sapiens coexisted with Neanderthals and Homo Floriensis (those Indonesian "hobbits" ) among others. We had pyramid builders living scant kilometers from stone age cave dwellers.

It is pure ego for modern people to view the past as a linear or exponential climb from moronic homonids to glorious perfection of modern science. We will be considered ignorant savages in the not too distant future. Da Vinci might have been a genius, but no one views his era as being "advanced."

@ EquaL Observer

The Sumerian myths are what they are, and the scribes who pressed them into clay tablets didn't think of them as myth. What you mean is the modern interpretations and talk around those cuneiform tablets... mostly as put forth by one Zecharia Sitchin. His work is fascinating, but even if it is flawed, as many critics claim, if only 1% of what he says is true, we have to SERIOUSLY rethink everything we think we know.

As for plant intelligence, any serious user of entheogenic plants has had the idea that these plants have some spirit or consciousness that they are able to impart to humans. Terrence McKenna pointed to the possibilty of the many mushroom species as having extra-terrestrial origins since their spores can survive in the vacuum of space, and survive reentry safely. Who knows?

I think the entire focus on what is and what is not ET in origin is slightly anthrocentric. Even the Earth itself has extra terrestrial origins. Every atom of this ball of mud, rock and water was created in some star or another. The Earth created nothing on its own. Thus everything is ET on one level.

The idea that the magic formula for life only occurred here on this one planet by happenstance is laughable.

If you believe in a material universe, and that all of those little points of light in the night sky are actually distant suns like ours (bigger, smaller whatever)... then how can you NOT believe in extra terrestrial life? The only stumbling block is the ability to travel light years without taking lifetimes. Still, it seems plausible that extremely advanced intelligences would have surmounted this difficulty. They could come here without the bagagge of material forms, they could utilize wormholes, they could live much closer than we might think... who knows? The fact remains that EVERY single culture on this planet has myths, legends and religious traditions explicitly describing beings who come here from the sky. This can not be a coincidence. The odds of so many different stories arising in isolation from each other and corroborating each other so thoroughly, are astronomical.

The old, "if aliens exist, why don't we see them" argument is silly as well. 1st of all, people do see them... regularly. 2ndly, if we don't want a group of monkeys to notice us while we observe them, we can do a pretty good job of it. Why wouldn't an advanced race of aliens be able to keep their presence hidden from our sorry asses?

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

dreamtimereturn
#32 Posted : 2/26/2012 2:52:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heya, new ancient astronauts by the way.
Filmed really well and alot of better angles than I have seen before..

also shamans are briefly mentioned.

mew
#33 Posted : 4/3/2012 7:37:34 AM

huachumancer

a friend smoked super potent extract and went down into trance. 10 minutes later bolts upright speaking in a language i had never heard, looking straight at me but through me.

later i watch 2 movies with sumerian language (4th kind/mothman prophecies) that exactly what it sounded like, im getting chills typing this, it was that creepy

Shamasi Wiz
#34 Posted : 4/3/2012 8:44:37 AM

kissing stars, pissing lightning, dancing upside down

Last thing I was reading about before going to bed: http://www.guardian.co.u...documentary-alien-mexico It talks about a new documentary being made in Mexico in cooperation with their government, supposedly releasing clear proof that the Mayans were in contact with aliens. I can't wait to see it.

First thing I read when I woke up this morning, from "Tripping" by Charles Hayes:

"A few years ago Stan was studying the Mayan codices...he spotted a glyph that a Christian scholar had identified as a "night light", but which he believed was actually a cross section of the yage(ayahuasca) vine. Finding it curious that there were carvings of kings from separate generations sitting together eating, he translated a codex that gave what he interpreted as a recipe for time travel, using the yage. To celebrate the discovery, he and his brother-in-law, a mycologist, undertook a risky regime of psilocybin in combination with harmaline over a period of several days.

In the course of their visioneering expedition, they encountered a network through time constructed by Mayan psychedelic shamans, who, Stan believes, set dates when they'd meet up with ancestors or progeny. When they knew that cosmological conditions were aligned for them to contact a royal figure from another age, the shamans would drink a tryptamine brew and use a form of psychical telekinesis to time-travel to meet up with him. Meanwhile, the long-departed or distant-future king would, in turn, be looking back because he knew that the shamans were looking for him. Disintegrating into the biospheric mesh of the planet, Stan recalls, "we immediately saw them and they saw us." After upping the dose of harmaline to dangerous levels, they had visions of the last scenes of the Mayan civilization..."

I think several people have used various psychedelics as time machines or interstellar crafts.
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."

AmadeusD
#35 Posted : 4/6/2012 1:03:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just so you know, the Orion Correlation Theory is by Robert Bauval and can be found in his book The Orion Mystery. Hancock and Bauval expand on this in their book The Message Of The Sphinx/Keeper Of Genesis.
"It's very difficult to love somebody that fucks you up" - Personal conversation with Graham Hancock, 2011.

Tek
#36 Posted : 4/6/2012 1:12:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burningmouth wrote:
So I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence. Maybe ancient Earthings DID have some kind of connection with aliens/gods.

"A coincidence as what you have left over when you apply a bad theory." - Terence McKenna

I really appreciate that quote for the truth it speaks. What makes more sense, seriously, and let's apply Occam's Razor here if we have to. Two cultures half a world apart have the exact same pyramid configuration lining up with the stars of Orion's belt. Considering the effort and technology it would take to even construct these mathematical marvels, and considering how modern historians label our ancestors as primitive stone chiselers who had no way of communicating across the globe, what makes more sense in the end? That somehow the two cultures were tapped into the same understanding about the importance of this particular construction alignment, or it's a complete coincidence. Go back and re-read the above quote if you have to.

Also burningmouth, I first started reading your posts waaaay back on a salvia forum and I frequented your blog often. It's actually because of you that I tried salvia for the first time because of your amazing description and trip reports. Anyways I wanted you to know that you had an impact on my growth back when I was just starting to dabble with psychedelics, and for that I thank you sincerely.
All posts are from the fictional perspective of The Legendary Tek: the formless, hyperspace exploring apprentice to the mushroom god Teo. Tek, the lord of Eureeka's Castle, is the chosen one who has surfed the rainbow wave and who resides underneath the matter dome. All posts are fictitious in nature and are meant for entertainment purposes only.

AmadeusD
#37 Posted : 4/10/2012 9:27:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a much larger net of evidence that supports the theory of some form of connection between ancient civilizations. It's what that connection is that most researchers diverge. There really are some strange similarities that seem far too abstract to be a realization of importance or something that general.
"It's very difficult to love somebody that fucks you up" - Personal conversation with Graham Hancock, 2011.

Cosmic_Reality
#38 Posted : 7/11/2012 1:46:34 AM

***Colony Wars***

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
As far as books on the subject go, I think Zecharia Sitchin's stuff is mind blowing.

You can't take everything anyone tells you at face value. Believing something just because you read it or see it somewhere is lazy thinking. You must do your own research, and the only belief worth having comes from direct experience.

However, keeping an open mind... recognizing that our current understanding of the universe is paltry at best (despite what the science fundies would have you believe)... these are logical things to do considering that our species is in its infancy and there is SO much we don't know.

Its nice to run into other folks who like Ancient Aliens... Those theorys get so much flak its crazy lol. But It differently raise questions about our past. The things that also resonate with me on those shows, are the old ruins everywhere, with stones weighing up to 30tons and having laser cut precision. I just cant comprehend how that was done.

But the one thing that bothers me is the whole thing with the Nibiru-Planet X thing. I havent seen any evidence to indicate that, it exist or that its in our system. According to stichkin, thats were the Annunaki are said to reside. But if theres no Nibiru, that means theres probably no Annunki's unfortunately. So because of that, he kinda looses credibility with me. Im on the fence with that one, in-till I see more evidence. Smile
"Your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open"

Hyperspace Fool
#39 Posted : 7/11/2012 2:02:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@ Cosmic_Reality

Actually there could be no Nibiru and still be Annunaki. Also, there could be a Nibiru that is not a planet-X type scenario with the erratic long orbit, but rather some entirely other type of homeworld.

In addition, there is some evidence for the Nibiru theory... it is called the Asteroid Belt. We know there was a planet there between Mars & Jupiter, and we know it was destroyed. This coincides exactly with the Sumerian tales on the subject. Also the Babylonian versions in Marduk & Tiamat. How would an ancient people without telescopes know anything of the Asteroid Belt?

Is there proof of any of this stuff... not really. But, Sitchin wasn't trying to establish scientific proof of these things. He was a linguist and his job was mostly just to popularize his somewhat controversial translations of these cuneiform texts and his often stretching use of Semetic languages to interpret these things to his premise.

The thing critics of Sitchin often overlook is that if even one of the 1,000 outlandish claims he makes in his books is true... we have to seriously re-write and re-evaluate our entire understanding of history and reality. If you have read him, you must realize that the chances that every single thing he says is bullshit are rather small. More of it than you might think we actually do have evidence for.

For those who haven't read him, I recommend not starting with the older sensational books and perhaps jumping in with something like:

Divine Encounters: A Guide to Visions, Angels and Other Emissaries, Avon Books, 1995, ISBN 0-380-78076-3

Where he does a pretty neat job of tracing the Bible back to its Sumerian roots. The entire book of Genesis is nothing but the cliff notes to Sumerian beliefs and religion. (Abraham was the son of a Sumerian high priest)

It also makes the case that any Angel or non-human being described in the Bible is, by definition, an extra-terrestrial. The Angels were created before the Earth... therefore, de facto, not terrestrial.

All the best.

Eliyahu
#40 Posted : 7/11/2012 11:14:00 PM
סנדלפון

Thanks to DMT, I subsribe to the theory that Angels are ancient aliens.

I have had many encounters with these "aliens" on DMT and Ayahuasca...however Salvia tends to direct me to the UNFRIENDLY sort of "aliens".

Here is a poll I started a while back about the show ancient aliens

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=32463
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

PREV123NEXT