We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Easy Guide for Changa Preparation Options

behindthelight
#21 Posted : 4/20/2012 11:46:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is Everclear the same as Ethanol?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

rOm
#22 Posted : 4/21/2012 12:04:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

behindthelight wrote:
Is Everclear the same as Ethanol?

Everclear is a brand of ethanol. So yes, you can use everclear.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

behindthelight
#23 Posted : 4/21/2012 12:18:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks.

DeMaTron
#24 Posted : 4/26/2012 6:24:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really would like to make my own changa, I'm wondering how intense this ratio is? I think I would prefer to make it less potent, 1:1 dmt:herb seems very potent Pleased

MelCat
#25 Posted : 4/26/2012 6:33:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, this is a pretty potent blend. To compensate, you could take smaller hits and wait a little bit longer in between hits to work your way up. With the added harmalas, you can slowly work your way up to where you want to be. Keeping it at a 1:1 ratio allows you to easily blast off (if you choose to) without having to smoke a lot of plant matter.

Feel free to experiment with different ratios until you find something that works best for you. That's the beauty of changa, as long as you've got the harmalas and spice, you can add/change any of the other ingredients. Have fun and be safe!
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

jdf121
#26 Posted : 6/7/2012 7:44:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So, how much solvent should I be using to dissolve the harmalas and spice? Unless i am missing it, the tek just says "pour your alcohol into the shotglass." How much should I use for ideal saturation dispersion on the leaf? I am planning on using 95% ethyl alcohol.
I give food to the poor, and they call me a Saint. I ask why the poor have no food, and they call me a Communist..

#27 Posted : 6/7/2012 5:40:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

jdf121 wrote:
So, how much solvent should I be using to dissolve the harmalas and spice? Unless i am missing it, the tek just says "pour your alcohol into the shotglass." How much should I use for ideal saturation dispersion on the leaf? I am planning on using 95% ethyl alcohol.

It depends on how much spice you have. General rule from what I've seen and used is 35-40ml per 1g of spice.

And a mini hot water bath. I tend to boil some water and pour it into a bowl with just enough water so when I go to set my glass with the solvent/dmt/harmalas in the bowl of hot water it tends to heat the solution up and helps everything dissolve better than if it was just at room temperature.

Hope that helps. Smile

christian
#28 Posted : 6/7/2012 7:05:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Couldn't one simply soak Blue lotus flowers in boiled down Caapi concentrate to get the MAOI bit into the base material, before adding the "light"??... Is it really necessary to do alcohol leaf extracts, or do Teks for this. Surely reduced Caapi vine has enough MAOI inhibition to get the brain effectively inhibited...? Rolling eyes
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

MelCat
#29 Posted : 6/7/2012 7:13:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jdf121 wrote:

I usually add the harmalas first because they take a little more effort to get everything dissolved. Once the harmalas are fully dissolved, I add the spice.

As to how much solvent you need, it depends on quite a few factors, which is why I didn't include an actual amount. I try to use as little as possible.

So add some alcohol to the shotglass, add the harmalas and stir.. If they don't fully dissolve, add some more alcohol until they do. Then add the spice and you're good to go.

christian wrote:
Couldn't one simply soak Blue lotus flowers in boiled down Caapi concentrate to get the MAOI bit into the base material, before adding the "light"??... Is it really necessary to do alcohol leaf extracts, or do Teks for this. Surely reduced Caapi vine has enough MAOI inhibition to get the brain effectively inhibited...?

Sure you could but you'd need some kind of solvent to add the light. As far as I know, freebase spice won't dissolve in water.

christian
#30 Posted : 6/7/2012 7:55:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
Sure you could but you'd need some kind of solvent to add the light. As far as I know, freebase spice won't dissolve in water.

Thanks for your reply, Melodic.

The "alien" was thinking along the lines of saturating blue lotus flowers with water reduced Caapi, then whence dried, adding the "light" dripped on with the assistence of acetone. Do you think this may work ok...?
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

MelCat
#31 Posted : 6/7/2012 8:21:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know if "dripping" it onto the blue lotus would be the best idea because I'm not sure if it would distribute the spice evenly throughout the blend.

You'd probably be better to allow the blue lotus to dry after you infuse the caapi to it and once it is dry, dissolve your spice in a small amount of solvent and drop the infused blue lotus into the mix. That will allow the blue lotus to act like a sponge and distribute the spice evenly.

You could try to do the drip method, I'd just be concerned with one spot having WAY more spice than the rest. It could lead to a pretty unpredictable product and a high possibility that you'll get more than you bargained for.

christian
#32 Posted : 6/7/2012 9:25:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Melodic,

"Alien",.. ahem, was thinking along the lines of blue blotus flowers impregnated and dried with Caapi that had been boiled down to a concentrate, and dried. To that he would add the "light" dissolved in acetone till it was absorbed into the "changa base material", do you think this would be effective?

Cheers.Wink

MelCat
#33 Posted : 6/7/2012 9:52:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like your Alien friend is on the right track. Smile

Something to consider though, is to add some of the blue lotus flowers at the very end (after your alien friend infuses both the caapi and spice to the changa base material) after everything has dried completely. This will prevent the blue flowers from turning black and keep their original color & texture. It just makes the end result look a lot better.

christian
#34 Posted : 6/7/2012 10:05:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Melodic,

I'm sure my friend loves those blue leaves. Please tell me, do you think there's much advantage with extracts and "x 10's", etc, over this boill concentrate down method??...seems too easy don't it? Cool

MelCat
#35 Posted : 6/7/2012 10:17:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

christian wrote:
Thanks Melodic,

I'm sure my friend loves those blue leaves. Please tell me, do you think there's much advantage with extracts and "x 10's", etc, over this boill concentrate down method??...seems too easy don't it? Cool

Anytime Smile

The beauty of using extracts vs this boiling down method is that you know exactly how many alks are in the end product.

With this boiling down method, you have no way of really knowing what's going into the mix.

There is a lot of variation when it comes to the potency of different strains of caapi. Some vines you need 100g to get any real effects while others (such as the alicia) you only need 10-20g for a decent ride.

I believe that Dorge and House both have stated that they don't really weigh anything when making changa. It's all a matter of chance and happenstance.

I guess it boils down to personal preference and how much control you'd like over the end product. I like both ways personally. Different blends for different times and moods.

Sometimes I like a harmala heavy blend for the sedation and other times I like a blend with very little spice so I can still function and dance or whatever.

It just depends on what you're going for.

christian
#36 Posted : 6/7/2012 10:35:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cheers Melodic,

I'll bear those wise words in mind. Wink

Yerba
#37 Posted : 6/7/2012 10:51:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A friend has a mullein plant but isn't sure whether to pluck the green leaves and dry them or pluck the brown leaves near the base of the plant. Any ideas?

MelCat
#38 Posted : 6/7/2012 10:54:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd go with the fresh green leaves and dry them. The older material will probably be a bit more harsh.

Yerba
#39 Posted : 6/8/2012 8:26:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Gracias!

aliendreamtime
#40 Posted : 6/12/2012 3:14:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This looks great Melcat!

Could one theoretically then, add say an Oz of ground P. Harmala seeds and about 50g of ground MHRB to a bottle of ethanol, let sit for a few days mixing occasionally, filter, evaporate, and add the resin to a leaf substrate?

I suppose maybe clean up with a hot canola oil defat? I guess there would be a good bit of resin left over. Too much to smoke?

Thoughts?

Thanks

PREV123NEXT