We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Easy way to very pure harmaloids Options

Barmaley
#41 Posted : 3/28/2009 3:41:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
endlessness wrote:
is salt soluble in pure alcohol?

anb btw infund.. if the bioassay of the red stuff is done, please let us know, this is for sure very interesting information

Unfortunately salt is slightly soluble in pure alcohol.

You can actually dry alcohol by adding salt because salt is highly soluble in water and will trap all the water, but then you need to distill the alcohol to remove the remaining salt. You can get highly pure alcohol that way.

This won't work with acetone too will it? making it anhydrous.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SpasticSpaz
#42 Posted : 4/4/2009 7:26:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm curious about that too, Barmaley.

Table salt is faar less soluble in acetone than it is in ethanol or methanol, so it seems like it could.

If so, this would make FASA even easier.

SpasticSpaz
#43 Posted : 4/20/2009 9:30:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Would FASA work with harmaloids?

What about Citric-ASA?

And has there been any more development on treating harmaloids with ascorbic acid?

soulfood
#44 Posted : 4/20/2009 9:40:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

FASA's not a good idea for harmaloids because acetone causes harmala red from what I hear.

As for the ascorbic acid thing, I tried it once and the end product was active with a less bitter taste and was less cloudy than the untreated extract. This could just have been because of a loss of potency during 5 hours of gentle boiling.

I have never tried THH so couldn't really compare it to what I had.

SpasticSpaz
#45 Posted : 4/20/2009 9:46:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Isn't Harmala red only a problem when evapping? FASA circumvents that, no?

Also, I've read through this thread, and I didn't see if its been definitely determined whether harmala red is active or not. Has it been determined?

Infundibulum
#46 Posted : 4/20/2009 10:12:27 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SpasticSpaz wrote:
Isn't Harmala red only a problem when evapping? FASA circumvents that, no?

Also, I've read through this thread, and I didn't see if its been definitely determined whether harmala red is active or not. Has it been determined?

Kind of; SWIM has observed that freebased harmalas are somewhat soluble in acetone and can be precipitated out using FASA. But leave the fumarate harmalas in the acetone for some time (e.g. o/n) and one will see them turning red (=harmala red?)

SWI69ron has seen harmala salts turning to red with IPA and has found the harmala red to be inactive, SWIM has seen them getting red in ethanol, methanol and acetone but he has not bioassayed them. Since they turn red then something is happening to them and SWIM does not think it's good.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

PREV123