We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
New GVG - The Glass Bat VG Options

gibran2
#21 Posted : 8/8/2011 7:10:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Aetherius Rimor wrote:
Guess I should have done more research heh.

I put it in directly, not on a metal filter of some sort.

Figured that was fine for oil burner so it'd be fine for this o_O;

With that technique, you’re almost guaranteed not to get much vaporizing going on. The DMT just melts on to the glass and then flows away from the heat source.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

caliwa
#22 Posted : 8/8/2011 8:50:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

can you explain this copper mesh technique? you spread the spice on the copper mesh then you place it in the vaporizing chamber? like salting the copper mesh qith the spice?
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

gibran2
#23 Posted : 8/8/2011 8:54:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

caliwa wrote:
can you explain this copper mesh technique? you spread the spice on the copper mesh then you place it in the vaporizing chamber? like salting the copper mesh qith the spice?

Warm the copper slightly with a lighter, then pour a pre-measured dose of DMT onto it. It should melt into the mesh. Put the mesh into the device.

That's it!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

caliwa
#24 Posted : 8/8/2011 8:58:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

perfect. FFUUFF.. dmt is no easy thing!...
I am with those man who own that particular kind of courage of the interior voyager.

Aetherius Rimor
#25 Posted : 8/8/2011 9:07:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
Aetherius Rimor wrote:

With that technique, you’re almost guaranteed not to get much vaporizing going on. The DMT just melts on to the glass and then flows away from the heat source.

HAH, yeah I looked at it again, it's all crystallized in the mouth side of the chamber now o_o;

This will be fun to get out.

d*l*b
#26 Posted : 8/8/2011 9:40:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wash it out and retrieve with IPA or acetone and evap, either that or if you don’t care about getting the goodies back you can clean with vinegar and salt and then a rinse with plain water.
D × V × F > R

amor_fati
#27 Posted : 8/9/2011 9:03:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM can attest to the smaller size of this sort of smoking apparatus not necessarily making vapor harsher, especially when using a heating element in this manner. SWIM likes the overall idea (obviously, as its not a far cry from his own), but he has two concerns: Is the piece at all compatible with bubblers, and why is the element so deep in there? Wouldn't be difficult to direct a flame to adequately heat the element without pointing it directly at your face? They recommend not using torches at all, so I guess it's really not designed for it, anyway (not that it's stopped anyone in the past).

Shaolin
#28 Posted : 10/16/2011 11:59:56 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Aetherius Rimor wrote:
gibran2 wrote:
Aetherius Rimor wrote:

HAH, yeah I looked at it again, it's all crystallized in the mouth side of the chamber now o_o;

This will be fun to get out.

Any update on this ?
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Kookaburra
#29 Posted : 1/16/2012 8:31:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shaolin wrote:
Any update on this ?

Yeah, I'm curious if anyone has had a successful run with it.
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

Attention All Shipping
#30 Posted : 1/31/2012 8:24:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone had any new experience with the VG Bat?

It doesn't look that great compared to the GVG but the cheaper price looks to be its main selling point. I'd be interested to know how it compares to the traditional handcarved wood VGs if anyone's tried both?

Silly(c)One
#31 Posted : 3/28/2012 3:28:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I bought this thinking it was the GVG everybody was talking about for spice, and because it was much cheaper (65$+5$, no customs charge !)

It's the only device I've ever used for DMT (first travel 2 weeks ago), so I can attest that it works as I've had a few breakthroughs, me and my psychonaut copilot. I haven't used the steel mesh yet as you can see by the recrystalized DMT built up...
It took a few hits but I'm starting to get used to it. Definitely a capable DMT vaporizer !

If people can get used to this one, it's cheaper than the Sherlock, more portable, and looks more solid (simple is beautiful, can't be much simpler than this).

It's enough for me to warrant NOT investing in a Sherlock.

universecannon
#32 Posted : 3/28/2012 5:19:17 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

cool! thanks for letting us know. that thing looks awesome.

Does it hit smooth? still not harsh hits right?

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Silly(c)One
#33 Posted : 3/28/2012 8:30:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It hits smooth for me, but I'm a 20+ years joint (weed+tobacco) smoker, so YMMV.
The 2 friends that tried the spice in it didn't report any special harshness, only 1 of the two couldn't hit it right the first time, he toked to slow and burned his lips with the hot air. But once you find your way around, it's all good... Takes a couple travels to get used to.
I wouldn't recommend the use of a jet flame lighter, unless you want a) to break the glass and b) to burn yourself dangerously, as you'd have to direct the flame to your mouth !
A bic lighter seems to work perfectly, with no bad taste. Just be careful to not get the Glass Bat dirty with soot.
A Zippo is out of the question, the flame is too big, not stable enough and stinks like hell... well like naphta Very happy

tele
#34 Posted : 3/28/2012 8:39:15 PM
Explorer

Silly(c)One wrote:
It hits smooth for me, but I'm a 20+ years joint (weed+tobacco) smoker, so YMMV.
The 2 friends that tried the spice in it didn't report any special harshness, only 1 of the two couldn't hit it right the first time, he toked to slow and burned his lips with the hot air. But once you find your way around, it's all good... Takes a couple travels to get used to.
I wouldn't recommend the use of a jet flame lighter, unless you want a) to break the glass and b) to burn yourself dangerously, as you'd have to direct the flame to your mouth !
A bic lighter seems to work perfectly, with no bad taste. Just be careful to not get the Glass Bat dirty with soot.
A Zippo is out of the question, the flame is too big, not stable enough and stinks like hell... well like naphta Very happy

If you can't use a torch lighter with it, it's definately a drawback. Considering the temperature accuracy control with a jet vs bic, it's essential for my use. Also it's hard to see the distance of the flame from the ceramic with straight pipe.
I'm sure the bat works but considering the form, amount of space for vapor and no possibility of a jet lighter use, I would definately recommend the VG or GVG sherlock instead for anyone considering buying a vaporgenie. I would easily pay 500 usd for my sherlock if I broke it and tomorrow the genie people would raise the price. And I'm not richSmile Just saying that it's the best thing you can buy if you are serious about vaping your way to hyperspace.Wink

Silly(c)One
#35 Posted : 3/28/2012 9:13:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just because the Sherlock works best for you doesn't mean the Glass Bat is a bad buy... It works perfectly with a bic lighter, it was designed to be used with one, I don't think the VaporGenie guys would release a vaporizer that wouldn't work Pleased
You just need to find a technique that works for you. It is not hard at all to see the distance of the flame though, as the Bat is in clear glass and relatively short. Actually, it is designed so you can see the flame entering the Bat more or less depending on how hard you toke. Really efficient, IMHE.
And believe me, I'm dead serious about vaping my precious spice !

Don't be so hard on it if you haven't tried it Pleased

tele
#36 Posted : 3/28/2012 9:52:14 PM
Explorer

Silly(c)One wrote:
Just because the Sherlock works best for you doesn't mean the Glass Bat is a bad buy... It works perfectly with a bic lighter, it was designed to be used with one, I don't think the VaporGenie guys would release a vaporizer that wouldn't work Pleased
You just need to find a technique that works for you. It is not hard at all to see the distance of the flame though, as the Bat is in clear glass and relatively short. Actually, it is designed so you can see the flame entering the Bat more or less depending on how hard you toke. Really efficient, IMHE.
And believe me, I'm dead serious about vaping my precious spice !

Don't be so hard on it if you haven't tried it Pleased

Just saying my opinions to those who are new to the vaporgenie. If you'll try the sherlock you'll see what I'm talking about.
I'm sure it works but if you can't use a jet lighter it's a huge drawback, as at least in my experience bic doesn't really work equally well for temperature control. I'm sure it's a fine pipe but not the best for the job.

Silly(c)One
#37 Posted : 3/28/2012 10:39:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
Just saying my opinions to those who are new to the vaporgenie. If you'll try the sherlock you'll see what I'm talking about.
I'm sure it works but if you can't use a jet lighter it's a huge drawback, as at least in my experience bic doesn't really work equally well for temperature control. I'm sure it's a fine pipe but not the best for the job.

So YOU say. Based on your theories. Just because the Sherlock doesn't work well with bic lighters means the Bat is the same. It's a different design, it works differently.

This is not a battle of the ego, please keep an open mind... that's the least you can do on such a forum Pleased
To each his own.

tele
#38 Posted : 3/28/2012 10:48:36 PM
Explorer

Silly(c)One wrote:
tele wrote:

So YOU say. Based on your theories. Just because the Sherlock doesn't work well with bic lighters means the Bat is the same. It's a different design, it works differently.

This is not a battle of the ego, please keep an open mind... that's the least you can do on such a forum Pleased
To each his own.

Battle of the ego? Come on man, we are talking about pipes here. I'm just saying it's not the best for the job judging by several features. If you would just try the wooden VG or normal GVG with a torch lighter you would see what I am talking about. Yes I can see the bat working better as a portable pipe considering the size but if you consider it's features, it really isn't ideal for the job. I'm sure it gets the job done but there are drawbacks. Even the amount of heat that is possible to generate to the lips/mouth with such a short design is another drawback.
It really doesn't take much analyzing to see why torch lighter beats the bic lighter and why space inside the pipe is beneficial, and the angle at which one is operating.

I'm just bringing these points up to the people who might consider between wooden and the two glass genies. I agree the price is attractive but when it comes to such matter as vaporizing what we do I think money shouldn't be a problem even if one doesn't have much money.

I'm stating and considering the features here from factual angle, and not "I like my pipe" manner.Laughing Correct me if I'm wrong at something

endlessness
#39 Posted : 3/28/2012 10:57:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dont worry guys nobody is against each other here, we're just talking smoking methods and sharing our own experience Smile

Silly(c)One, thank you for sharing your experience with it! I never tried it myself, since I have the other version, but its good to know its working well for you.

Tele, in the same way as he cant know if its better than the Sherlock GVG because he hasnt tried, I guess you cant neither know if this one works better than the Sherlock if you've never tried it, so I guess we have to wait till somebody tries both..

In any case I think tele has some interesting points about what could be potential drawbacks of the design... Maybe at some point someone will try both and see.

tele
#40 Posted : 3/28/2012 11:00:58 PM
Explorer

I try to keep it simple. I can try vaping with the bic from my sherlock and for sure I will not get equal results as with the torch lighter, maybe it's just my technique but that's my experience. It's also straight and short(the bat). Enough for me to decide which one will work better for me without trying(unless there's of course surprise factor such as miraculous temperature adjustment with bic from straight designWink ). About others I don't know, but I'm not a newb at vaporizing spice so I can speak through experience what works best for me.

PREV1234NEXT»