We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV6364656667NEXT»
Trying to improve Acacia information Options

nen888
#1281 Posted : 4/25/2013 4:27:35 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..lazaro741..it is quite normal for A. confusa extractions to be a 'goo'..this is perfectly ok, and will be mainly a mixture of dmt/nmt..see this FAQ thread on goo..search engines are good tools, use them wisely..
..5meo-dmt is very rare in acacias and has never been detected in confusa, which has multiple tests..

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

nen888
#1282 Posted : 4/25/2013 9:17:48 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..here's some photos for Nexians in Los Angeles (such as mailorderdeity) of acacias (and ally) growing in the city of angels..
as you can see, acacias do well there..Smile

1) A. cultriformis (Aus. native, 1 finding simple tryptamine in phyllode)

2) A. baileyana (Aus native, harmalas and simple tryptamine seasonally fluctuating in 1 test)

3) A. conigera (Central America, 'Bull Horn Acacia', unconfirmed reports of DMT e.g. C. Ratsch)
4) the Rufous-naped Wren, a close ally of Bull Horn Acacia

& of particular nexian interest..
5) A. floribunda (Gossamer Wattle, Aus. native and consistent DMT+other tryptamines source)
and 6) floribunda growing near MacArthur Park circa1920..
nen888 attached the following image(s):
A. cultriformis.jpg (286kb) downloaded 375 time(s).
AcaciaBaileyana.jpg (42kb) downloaded 373 time(s).
A. conigera L.A..jpg (109kb) downloaded 371 time(s).
RufousnapedWren.jpg (119kb) downloaded 370 time(s).
acacia_floribunda. in los angelesjpg.jpg (27kb) downloaded 369 time(s).
A. floribunda, Macarthur Park 1920.png (193kb) downloaded 364 time(s).

mailorderdiety
#1283 Posted : 4/25/2013 7:03:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow~! i'm gonna keep my eyes peeled. we have so many amazing plants and trees here since the weather is so good.

nen888
#1284 Posted : 4/27/2013 8:56:07 AM
member for the trees

^..glad it's fine in cali..
that A. floribunda in Westlake is enormous..!

..re acacian's pics on the previous page..are you sure it is developing rod flowers..? there are species similar with ball flowers, e.g. A. linifolia, A.. victoriae..but..hmm..we should be in the ID thread really for this..

acacian
#1285 Posted : 4/27/2013 9:13:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yep definitely developing flower rods.. i'll take a photo of one of the other trees... the tree in the photo doesn't have them but i'm 99% certain its the same species.. they're everywhere around here. it doesn't just have one central vein either its got lots of veins like flori but the one in the middle is slightly more accentuated when not holding it up to light. There are similarities to victoriae but I think it looks a lot closer to the juriflorae family in comparison.. its just got that look that the floribunda and mucronata around the area have-it just has some differing features.. interesting trees i've never seen em around melbourne before.. the phyllodes are too curved for linifolia and I know its definitely not victoriae.. i'll try get some better photos for you soon

Seldom
#1286 Posted : 4/27/2013 11:57:16 AM

Wiradjuri

^ if you're where i think you are it may be acacia fimbriata, a neighbor where i used to live had one growing next to a floribunda and it was virtually indistinguishable, inflorescence really close to rods all the way up to maybe 2 weeks before blooming .. never tested it though

i've moved away from the vortical north to central western nsw, nen it would have been good to catch you before i left but never mind, i'll find you again one day Pleased

my main wild plant focus at the moment is the agave americana, a weed here, which i'm currently making more didj's from (beautiful plants!) .. but i am also in the territory of the mighty mabellae, and a number of her close relatives .. acacia science will be an abiding interest for life to me, i don't smoke alkaloids more than once every say 3 months, and do not want to, but i feel more and more, the greater the susceptibility i can cultivate to being affected by the 'teachings' of the acacia, i feel that enabling people to take from the wild by sharing certain types of info is anathema to anything i would loosely call a 'teaching' from the acacia .. i don't have any priveledged understanding of what's happening in Australia at the moment with these plants, it's only my personal view .. i encourage all posters to read the stated intent of the thread before posting

cheers for keeping this thread going guys, i may not post very often but i'm always watchin Wink

acacian
#1287 Posted : 4/28/2013 5:13:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Seldom, my main man-hope things are well in your new home.. will you be around armidale much in the future? ... would be great to catch up again..

the phyllodes do look very similar indeed to fimbriata... though they have more than one vein. there is a prominent vein in the middle which is visible in certain shades of light as well as two slightly lesser prominent veins .. with many more in between. When holding up to the sun.. no prominent vein can be seen. I guess I will just have to wait till it flowers to get a better idea. I'm going to test it in the meantime though before it flowers.. I must say its nice having this tree in our backyard. quite a blessing

and yeah, I feel where your coming from - though (after looking up the definition of anathema) I am not sure I agree on your point about sharing info and taking plant material from the wild. I actually feel that the trees very much want to communicate with humans in the wild- especially at a time in our history as crucial as now...a time where we are SO disconnected from nature. I feel that if adequate respect and reverence is applied that the acacia is happy to give a little of itself (and i do mean a little) ...we on the other hand need to give back through integrating its teachings into our lives (this could include a whole bunch of different things such as propagation or simply being more in touch with yourself and affecting others positively)...this will in turn effect others lives and create a kind of domino effect (perhaps the plant's intention?). Though what that domino effect is, is entirely up to us. I think a big part of its teaching is bringing us closer to nature again.. and for this to happen I feel information needs to be shared rather than censored.

..you know if I had to think of one thing I have learnt from the acacia it would be the complete and utter importance of transparency... i think transparency is a vital part of our happiness and spiritual growth. I speak of this on both a deeply personal level and also on a broader scale.. on a personal level I feel that in society today people are generally very guarded about their feelings-many of us don't open up about how we feel to each other as much as we perhaps should...This seems to create barriers and separation between people... on a broader scale though I feel that information needs to be more transparent too.. I feel knowledge needs to be spread in an honest way. we need the plant allies now more than ever and the sharing of information will play a huge role in how deeply the knowledge of plants penetrates into the human consciousness.. generally I think transparency or "truth" can only be a positive thing in the longterm.. suppressing that knowledge will create barriers.. and barriers have never done much good for mankind

less transparency and I think you will see a greater divide between humans and the plant kingdom

other than greedy dealers (which do great harm but are thankfully a minority when it comes to tryptamines) I think mindless and irresponsible wild harvesting will soon be a thing of the past - have you noticed the change in the past year in people's approach to harvesting acacia for example? I sure have...I've noticed a massive increase in people catching onto using phyllodes which is already a great start in itself and will mean many less deaths in trees..I've noticed a massive increase in people asking for the least harmful methods of harvest..I feel this all comes from the teachings of the plants having a domino effect on people's relationship to nature-the growing realisation that nature is a beloved ally and that it must be treated with respect..

also - and again, other than greedy dealers (whom by the way I hope are reading this), do you think we would have seen anywhere near as much damage to species of acacia if good info had been initially available? Most people use trunk bark for example because they don't even know that the phyllodes are active.. i could not begin to tell you how many people I've talked to have been astounded upon learning this fact.. before good info like in this thread was available, it was common 'knowledge" that it was the bark of the acacia required for extracting actives... I liked the term nen used -a "folkloric market" when refferring to the MHRB situation.. and I think it can apply to the whole trunk bark fiasco too... we need honest info for people to act responsibly with these trees.

..also if it weren't for the documented discoveries of alkaloids in previously untested plants (again, transparency of information), how on earth could people know to grow those plants? That is the other thing this thread has achieved.. people all around the world are catching onto these species and attempting to grow them themselves..the acacia is spreading its branches to the world like the ayahuasca vine has been spreading its tentacles

I think connection is one of the deepest desires of all beings... its what the vast majority of us yearn for.. it is what drives a good majority of our actions... and I feel that this applies on a very deep and pure level with the acacia trees.. this has been my experience so far anyways. I feel that meeting these teachers in the wild is half the journey really ....or teaching if you will - the information and knowledge available will help ensure responsibility in doing so.

mailorderdiety
#1288 Posted : 4/28/2013 6:30:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm super excited, i'm talking to my friend that i use to garden with and she knows where to find every plant known to man. I'm going to ask her to help me get some nice acacias going in pots here as the weather is really good for trees.

nen888
#1289 Posted : 5/1/2013 5:02:43 AM
member for the trees

..regarding Seldom (hiSmile) and acacian's discourse, my personal view is that the only kind of 'wild' taking of material should be from roadside, regrowth and similar areas..for personal growth or research..and ultimately the trees say to me: 'grow us'..
intact wild areas and National Parks absolutely should be left alone..
most researchers in this thread work with very small amounts of material..
and any kind of commercial exploitation has disastrous consequences for the trees (and the wildlife which interact with them)
..as Seldom says, the aims of this thread are outlined on page1..
and they were not to create an open slather attitude amongst the community..the hope is that education and awareness will see the cultivation and preservation of these plants..
otherwise the entheogenic community is no better than mining companies..(as the quiet phyllode suggested elsewhere)
ultimately i have faith in the majority of interested readers, and hope that they will educate the exploitive amongst us..

..to see sacraments, not commodities..

mailorderdiety
#1290 Posted : 5/1/2013 6:06:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i just want to be clear that i'm just talking about growing and not poaching

nen888
#1291 Posted : 5/1/2013 10:43:11 AM
member for the trees

..good on you mailorderdiety (as we say in oz)..!
it's only really where there are tracts of sensitive native forest that the poachers can cause a problem..

and that problem is now a problem in Western Australia..
see> http://www.shroomery.org...flat.php/Number/16310699
..so i say don't buy 'dmt' (as it's usually come from a tree)..don't buy into this selfish destruction..
self-empower..tread lightly..use wisely..and spread the seed..
befriend the plant, rather than rape it!
previously it has been a problem on the east coast of australia,
see http://www.shaman-austra...?showtopic=16565&hl=\sad%20site\
resulting in terrible damage..

this thread was in part to alert the not aware of such atrocities..and to alert the 'greedy' to their impact..

hopefully through growing, and awareness of dmt as a special sacrament, not a high usage one, such incidents are decreasing..

and one more time, remember: stripping bark kills trees, taking rootbark kills trees..

apologies to the largely respectful readers of the thread for such repetition..

and thank you trees for all you can do..

nen888
#1292 Posted : 5/1/2013 10:58:50 AM
member for the trees

..to lighten up a bit, while staying on that topic, acacia ecosystems worldwide need restoration..

..and attached below, this amazing acacia (tortillis) in egypt is probably well over 1000 years old (or twice that age)
..no doubt survived many a goat nibble when it was a youth..respect

ancient acacia.jpg (178kb) downloaded 216 time(s).

acacian
#1293 Posted : 5/2/2013 5:21:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

very sad to hear that the wildharvesting of acuminata getting prominent enough that it is emerging into the public eye... though maybe media exposure could be a blessing in disguise. At least now if people are still thinking of harvesting they are going to be forced to do so sustainably. hopefully we will see a decrease in this type of harvesting as good information becomes more common knowledge.

..i had another read through that corroboree thread (not an easy one to get through without facepalming)- and i was pretty dismayed to read how many people considered "just taking one large tree" to be in any way a sustainable option, even after repeated assertion of the activity of phyllodes (even fallen) and other fallen material. the argument of taking one larger tree rather than hurting multiple trees is a completely nonsensical "contrast arguement". even if working with just one tree, material can easily be harvested in a sustainable manner which will cause minimal impact.. so that no trees at all need to be harmed.

I also feel that I should add to my stated view before about acacia's giving of themselves, that I do not in any way condone reckless harm to a tree and ultimately I believe growing the trees is the best solution. Though I do feel that we can form a respectful bond in the wild with these trees too. A very deep and I feel important part of my research with the acacia has been the experience of meeting the plants in their natural location and forming a connection with them. Though I believe that if taking material, it should be done in an absolutely respectful manner which shouldn't really need include picking from the tree itself- though in some instances where such material is unavailable I think that carefully pruning a couple small branches is far more sustainable alternate option if, as nen said, it is for research or personal growth.. I believe people should never take more than they need, and if personal growth or research is the motive, then only small amounts are needed anyways

.. unfortunately no update yet on extraction with the mystery backyard acacia. It has been raining heavily lately so it probably wouldn't be the best time for finding out whether it has active content or not.

beautiful tortilis specimen too.. it would be amazing to get a time lapse of some of these trees growing to old age like that. would need a lot of memory on the camer though

oh, and Seldom, did you ever get around to trying those simplex phyllodes?

another mood lightener..

"Golden Wattle, fairy stuff
Little balls of yellow fluff
Hear the bees how loud they hum
To say they're glad that spring has come

When the stars begin to peep
Then the wattle falls asleep
Like a tired child in bed
It droops its pretty curly head"

nen888
#1294 Posted : 5/3/2013 5:50:35 AM
member for the trees

^..hey thanks for the poem acacian..Smile

you wrote:
Quote:
I believe people should never take more than they need

..totally agreed..
only people with dubious motives would do otherwise..

..i suspect rapist-cowboys like those in W.A. don't really take much of their 'produce' (which of course they didn't even grow) ..or if they do, i doubt they really get far..like, access denied.. (i know this has been the case for a few past tree exploiters)

respect is a key to healing and voyaging with the tress, imo..

as far as bees go, i'd like to try more Acacia honey..
some species flowers contain flavonoids which can be transferred to the honey, giving medicinal benefits..
>
aacia + bees.jpg (39kb) downloaded 169 time(s).
A.boormanii and bee.jpg (92kb) downloaded 167 time(s).

acacian
#1295 Posted : 5/3/2013 8:02:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah I remember reading about acacia honey.. that would be an interesting treat

and yeah seems to be a bit of a trend regarding tree rapists not using their extracts much. i also don't think it is an excuse if people intend on "spreading the love" like a couple members stated as their intent on that thread......I think dmt will find people when they are ready .. but it does not need to be shoved in people's faces to do so, by somebody who feels it is their duty to spread it to the masses.

kiang
#1296 Posted : 5/3/2013 11:29:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Folks, I just want to report my findings to this wonderful comunity Smile this is my 2nd extraction (14g of "acacia ???"Pleased - just one pull. 1st extraction was a MHRB extraction (to know what DMT smells like) and now I'm really blown away that the end result is so seemilar to MHRB extract! It smells alot alike! I used for the two extractions the "Hippie Salad Oil Tek". Is jimjam refering only to MHRB extract or is it also applied to acacia extracts?

It is from this tree that I can´t identify: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=440932#post440932

kiang attached the following image(s):
CIMG1086.JPG (160kb) downloaded 192 time(s).

kiang
#1297 Posted : 5/3/2013 11:33:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This one is the MHRB extract, i couldn't tell the difference between the acacia and this one.. Very happy

kiang attached the following image(s):
CIMG1078.JPG (204kb) downloaded 188 time(s).

acacian
#1298 Posted : 5/4/2013 2:36:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cool to see another member having success with that tek... I will have to try it soon. well done kiang .. and enjoy Smile

I just thought I'd bring to Acacia Confusa into topic ... there seems to be an increasing amount of people discovering these trees in the wild. and the assumption is still high that it is imperative to use the bark.. I think for anybody reading this who has access to these trees, it would be very beneficial for the species if they could do some experiments with the phyllodes and post their results up here. As with most active acacias, they should be perfectly active.. and are a good alternative to using rootbark, trunk or branch

nen888
#1299 Posted : 5/4/2013 4:58:57 AM
member for the trees

^..thanks for those points acacian..
especially once one begins a 'relationship' with growing trees, taking bark (let alone rootbark) becomes a painful prospect..more sustainable methods (phyllodes/twigs) mean you can keep visiting the tree for years to come..
symbiosis..most A. confusa bark seems to originate from hawaii, where at least it is a 'weed', not a sensitive native plant..get growing and aloha hawaiians..Wink

kiang wrote:
Folks, I just want to report my findings to this wonderful comunity Smile this is my 2nd extraction (14g of "acacia ???"Pleased - just one pull. 1st extraction was a MHRB extraction (to know what DMT smells like) and now I'm really blown away that the end result is so seemilar to MHRB extract! It smells alot alike! I used for the two extractions the "Hippie Salad Oil Tek". Is jimjam refering only to MHRB extract or is it also applied to acacia extracts?

It is from this tree that I can´t identify: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=440932#post440932

EDIT: was in a rush..had photos mixed up so while pondering ID, here's a euro-acacia
Acacia retinodes var. Imperialis (Mimosa des quatre saisons) [see world growing thread here] flower and phyllode below:
Acacia_retinodes.jpg (250kb) downloaded 147 time(s).

acacian
#1300 Posted : 5/4/2013 5:03:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

oh wow I didn't notice that your success was with retinodes for some reason I thought it was confusa... very exciting result! Smile I see retinodes a lot around where I live I might have to experiment with it soon

«PREV6364656667NEXT»