We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
'Shroom Popping Life-Stock?!? Options

'Coatl
#1 Posted : 10/8/2008 4:08:47 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Is there anyway I can make my cows, goats, sheep or horses poop 'shrooms?

Or something like that???
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 10/8/2008 4:13:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

if you had spores
it's a sound

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 10/8/2008 4:40:09 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Right... you know... but like how?

Could I just have the cows eat something?

I'm sorry I know a little about mushroom cultivation... this is all just ideas...

How could I do this?

I would like to infect my whole herd with edibles!!!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 10/8/2008 10:31:26 PM

The Great Namah

I have heard that grain fed animals have more mushies in their poop than hey feed animals.

It would be a lot easier to just grown the damn things though.

It's not hard...it may SOUND hard buy my friend was able to do it on his first try. Total setup costs around $50.00
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

'Coatl
#5 Posted : 10/8/2008 10:40:01 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I know but this just seems cooler, and I wish I could get it to where eventually it works and produces on it's own, naturally without my interference.

I was thinking... Feed the cows grains and then somehow boost the likely hood of them producing a certain species of mushrooms. Maybe even by have spores in the grain fed to the lifestock... is there anyway to do this?

endlessness
#6 Posted : 10/8/2008 11:28:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

weird, I could swear I just posted a message here.. ok here it goes again:

The spores are not to be eaten by the cows, they should be on the air (naturally) or you can put in the dung directly.

psilocybe mushrooms can grow in a variety of substrates, including horse dung, but this is much more rare. They generally preffer the nutrients found in cow dung.

the thing is, in a natural environment, there are loads of other competing fungus. thats why when picking shrooms, you will walk around and look at many dungs which do not have any shrooms or have other non-active shrooms, and just a few will have the right ones. So if you get some spore syringes or spore prints and make the syringe yourself, and inoculate many different dungs, only few of them will eventually grow. But it is possible you start and then after that they will start successfully being ´regulars´ at your farm, spreading their spores and continuing automatically.

Another thing to notice is that inoculating cow dung with shrooms will only work if where you live has an appropriate climate for the shroom. for the usual psilocybe mushrooms, a humid and hot place is necessary. You could eventually water the dung yourself, if there´s not enough rain or humidity, but you couldnt do anything if its just too cold. Also if its too sunny, it might kill them. They generally like hot but indirect sun (so when picking shrooms many of them are sort of hidden in little mounts of higher grass that surrounds some dung).

so thats it, you gotta see if where your intended farm is, has the appropriate climate. If it does, are you sure it doesnt already have shrooms? Smile

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 10/8/2008 11:44:50 PM

Teotzlcoatl

That was a great post! Thanks for the help!

I bet I already have them on my farm, but I'd like to get it so every patty fruits!

Infundibulum
#8 Posted : 10/9/2008 12:50:15 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

The 19th century french cultivators of Agaricus bisporus were feeding cows and horses with their mushroom harvest, then collecting their poo which presumably contained the undigested spores. The poo was then composted and was left to sprout more buttons.

Now, it is still questionable as to whether feeding the livestock with hallucinogenic mushrooms might increase the spores in their poo. But it is a possibility nevertheless since many other fungi welcome the dispersal of their spores through the digestive tract of the animal who just ate them.

Still you do not risk much by trying - in the best case you will get some unexpected harvests, in the middle-case scenario you may just waste some mushrooms and in the worst case scenario you will end up with a raving berserk cow or horse ruining your garden!

Would be good for someone to make an enema, then eat lots of psychoactive fungi, then collect his first poo post-trip and search with a microscope through it for any spores.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 10/9/2008 1:02:49 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Thats almost exactly what I had in mind!

Thanks! So let me feed my cows some 'shrooms tommorow!

endlessness
#10 Posted : 10/9/2008 1:09:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lol funny suggestions Smile

might work, who knows

but I dont think that anything would beat the efficiency of simply getting spores and inoculating the dungs directly

and coatl.. I dont think it is possible to make EVERY patty fruit.. I mean, think about it, to reach 100% of pattys means the ´battle´ would have to be won by psylocibe mycelium on every patty, with 0 contamination. With the amount of other fungus out there, this is just not possible. Look at growing shrooms, how people have to be so careful with sterelization, exactly because of this..

But you could definitely get enough pattys working to have a nice self-regenerating sustainable source of shrooms for yourself and friends..

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 10/9/2008 1:20:04 AM

Teotzlcoatl

That was just sort of a joke, I'd be happy with 30% of the patties fruiting.

I guess inoculating the dung directly isn't a bad idea... I just wish I could start it off and then watch it naturally happen every spring or something...

Quote:
But you could definitely get enough pattys working to have a nice self-regenerating sustainable source of shrooms for yourself and friends..

Ya think so?

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 10/9/2008 1:27:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

doh!
it's a sound

Jorkest
#13 Posted : 10/9/2008 1:32:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you guys are missing something...there are books out there that tell you how to grow psy mushies outside...i may even have one..let me find it..

its called Psilocybin Mushroom Handbook: Easy Indoor and Outdoor Cultivation by L.G. Nicholas and Kerry Ogame
it's a sound

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 10/9/2008 1:33:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hahahaha coatl!!
it's a sound

'Coatl
#15 Posted : 10/9/2008 1:38:06 AM

Teotzlcoatl

LOL. this was just a crazy idea... wanted to know what some more experienced mushroom growers thought.

Didn't exactly want a step-by-step how-to.

Jorkest
#16 Posted : 10/9/2008 1:43:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well its very possible..but you should do some more research if you want to actually try it...growing outside is not something to MESS with
it's a sound

'Coatl
#17 Posted : 10/9/2008 1:56:49 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Why not?

Jorkest
#18 Posted : 10/9/2008 2:11:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

because if you ate a mushroom that was poisonous..and it killed you..well that would suck
it's a sound

'Coatl
#19 Posted : 10/9/2008 2:18:24 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Oooo... Gotcha!

Jorkest
#20 Posted : 10/9/2008 2:32:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ha...plus it would probably be EXTREMELY painful...doesnt sound like the way i would want to die..but thats just me
it's a sound

12NEXT