We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
The Official *Must See* Documentary Thread Options

RayOfLight
#41 Posted : 6/12/2011 1:20:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The planets getting screwed by corporations, greed and ignorance .

How do we deal with it ?

http://www.truththeory.org/end-civ-resist-or-die/

A must see for everyone
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ragabr
#42 Posted : 6/15/2011 4:03:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Devil and Daniel Johnston - 2005:
Quote:
Biodoc about Daniel Johnston, a multitalented man, a compulsively prolific cartoon artist, song writer and performer, whose bipolar disorder and drug abuse led to episodes of severe mental illness and destructive behaviors, beginning in his early 20s, in the 1980s, problems that stifled his career for many years, until consistent psychiatric care and kindly parental oversight effected a more stable course for him more recently. Now approaching age 45, Johnston has made a comeback of sorts, reaching a level of artistic self control and productivity that has swept him toward unprecedented recognition.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

#43 Posted : 6/16/2011 10:57:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Secret You

BBC Horizon - a fascinating look at the more scientific approach as to what generates consciousness. There is a limited look at the philosopy behind it, but nothing "alternative". There is a really interesting experiment involving a recreation of "remote viewing" which is amazing. He is also careful to show how science has massively progressed our understanding, but is still someway short of fully explaining consciousness.
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Spicegnosis
#44 Posted : 6/16/2011 11:37:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Century of Self

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-678466363224520614#docid=2641575773935962254

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.
We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized." - Edward Bernays

Adam Curtis' acclaimed series examines the rise of the all-consuming self against the backdrop of the Freud dynasty.

"To many in both politics and business, the triumph of the self is the ultimate expression of democracy, where power has finally moved to the people. Certainly the people may feel they are in charge, but are they really? The Century of the Self tells the untold and sometimes controversial story of the growth of the mass-consumer society in Britain and the United States. How was the all-consuming self created, by whom, and in whose interests?

The Freud dynasty is at the heart of this compelling social history. Sigmund Freud, founder of psychoanalysis; Edward Bernays, who invented public relations; Anna Freud, Sigmund's devoted daughter; and present-day PR guru and Sigmund's great grandson, Matthew Freud.

Sigmund Freud's work into the bubbling and murky world of the subconscious changed the world. By introducing a technique to probe the unconscious mind, Freud provided useful tools for understanding the secret desires of the masses. Unwittingly, his work served as the precursor to a world full of political spin doctors, marketing moguls, and society's belief that the pursuit of satisfaction and happiness is man's ultimate goal.

This film was produced by BBC which is Britain's government run news channel, therefor it downplays the evils of government and plays up the vices of business. The enemy is not capitalism or 'consumption' but government and its insidious propaganda. Mass produced goods enrich society because they reduce the amount of time a person has to work to satisfy one's essential needs. Government propaganda debases society because it is used as an excuse for everything from murderous wars of aggression to oppressive economy killing taxation and regulation. When a business sells you something voluntarily you will only buy it if you think the product is worth more than the price you have to pay for it. When the government propagandizes you they are merely giving you excuses to submit to their use of force which will be bearing down on you whether you like it or not. The two are very different and this film does a disservice by confusing them. That said, it's important to understand the propagandists who serve to justify the crimes of the state. Selling someone a product they don't truly need hurts no one, selling people on a war they don't need gets millions of people murdered and destroys entire societies."

Entheogens,the original human rites

Steely
#45 Posted : 6/18/2011 4:42:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very logical, easily understood film based around a single interview. As much as I was turned off by a full length film of one man talking, it is structured very well. Easy to follow, and encourages critical thinking and self preservation, while explaining in detail what is happening with the global economy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1503769/

Collapse
Quote:
A documentary on Michael Ruppert, a police officer turned independent reporter who predicted the current financial crisis in his self-published newsletter, From the Wilderness.

From the acclaimed director of American Movie, this portrait of radical thinker Michael Ruppert explores his apocalyptic vision of the future, spanning the crises in economics, energy, environment and more.

Mr. Ruppert also was a whistle blower of CIA involvement with drug smuggling.

I really enjoyed this movie. His point of view is similar to that of many nexians I've come to know. If you can keep going through the end, you'll see he describes issues about this very eloquently.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

Kronas
#46 Posted : 6/18/2011 3:07:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Collapse ^ definitely a must seee.
Thanks and Praises, Love and Gratitude, Peace and Unity, Hemp Seed & Honey

SnozzleBerry
#47 Posted : 6/18/2011 6:26:15 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Kronas wrote:
Collapse ^ definitely a must seee.

Seriously...Michael Ruppert is incredible <3
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

nn-DMT
#48 Posted : 6/18/2011 6:46:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Cove - Just watch it. About dolphin hunting in Taiji, Japan and the toxic meat from it that is served to unsuspecting Japanese folks. A real eye-opener, not just one of the documentaries that pisses you off.
All post are made by SWIM. I am not SWIM.

#49 Posted : 6/22/2011 6:33:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spicegnosis wrote:

This film was produced by BBC which is Britain's government run news channel...

Just pointing out that the BBC is not government run. It does take some grants from the government, but it is funded by the license fee and operates under a Royal Charter. They generally have a pretty balanced view.
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Steely
#50 Posted : 7/2/2011 11:56:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Program: NOVA
Episode: Hunting the Hidden Dimension
Mysteriously beautiful fractals are shaking up the world of mathematics and deepening our understanding of nature.

http://video.pbs.org/video/1050932219
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

Saidin
#51 Posted : 7/3/2011 1:20:07 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Inside Job
Great documentary on the financial collapse and how it was engineered. Believe it won the Oscar for best documentary this year.

I also liked Collapse...though I am currently more a proponent of the Abiotic Oil Theory.

9000 Needles
After suffering a devastating stroke, 40 year-old Devin Dearth travels to Tianjin, China, seeking Traditional Chinese Medicine as an alternative to US health care. An amazing story of recovery when modern medicine claimed there was nothing they could do for him.

What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

moz
#52 Posted : 7/6/2011 5:10:31 PM
موز

I second Spicegnosis' Adam Curtis recommendation but extend that to all of his documentaries. They are available Here as well as this one: The way of all flesh which I highly recommend to any of the more scientific minds on this board.

I'll add Big River Man which is an absolutely amazing documentary, possibly the best I've seen in terms of content and delivery. Highly recommended, it is about a mad Slovenian drunk marathon swimmer who decides to swim the Amazon (and sets a world record in the process). The film emerges into an immensely surreal state of affairs which should warm the hearts of all the Amazon lovers on this board, of which I am sure there are quite a few.
موز

Spicegnosis
#53 Posted : 7/24/2011 4:12:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nearly four hours in total,and some of it goes over my head,but would highly recommend this one.

http://www.secretsinplainsight.com/

Synopsis from the makers :

Secrets In Plain Sight is an awe inspiring exploration of great art, architecture, and urban design which skillfully unveils an unlikely intersection of geometry, politics, numerical philosophy, religious mysticism, new physics, music, astronomy, and world history.
Exploring key monuments and their positions in Egypt, Stonehenge, Jerusalem, Rome, Paris, London, Edinburgh, Washington DC, New York, and San Francisco brings to light a secret obsession shared by pharaohs, philosophers and kings; templars and freemasons; great artists and architects; popes and presidents, spanning the whole of recorded history up to the present time.
As the series of videos reveals how profound ancient knowledge inherited from Egypt has been encoded in units of measurement, in famous works of art, in the design of major buildings, in the layout of city streets and public spaces, and in the precise placement of obelisks and other important monuments upon the Earth, the viewer is led to perceive an elegant harmonic system linking the human body with the architectural, urban, planetary, solar, and galactic scales

Entheogens,the original human rites

Egokiller
#54 Posted : 9/30/2011 9:28:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hre is a list of some good Documentaries I downloaded tonightCool
This first one im gonna list is a must see, great quality,all color and recent, Any ways the list as follows
LSD-Problem-Child-Wonder-Drug
The magic trip
Peyote to LSD: A Psychedelic odyssey
Manifesting the mind
Hofmanns-Potion
How to go out of your mind - the LSD cisis 1\6 Im sure the other 5 are there on you tube, I got mine downloaded whole

Make sure you check the back box cover of the first documentarie, problem child wonder drug, Its fascinating, Hoffman goes in to great detail on how he accidently stumbled upon lsd, Dr. Alexander Sasha Shulgin makes an appearance and speaks along with Alex Grey.There is a collector there that has about every kind of blotter art that Ive seen in circulation in my life time.( I myself has a nice blotter art collection that I display in frames in my apartment, They bring back good memories cause I have the ones that I remember having when I was younger) It is a must see, Highly recomended

Digi123
#55 Posted : 9/30/2011 10:22:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice one cheers, gonna have to check them out. Haven't really seen many doc's about LSD, DMT etc but The Revelation Of The Pyramids was pretty good. Took me ages to find a decent copy that wouldn't go out of sync, then 10 mins ago someone pointed out that it's on YouTube. Typical Razz
Joined at the soul with a pair of headphones

In an ocean of music, we move with the flow

You think that's air you're breathing now?

q21q21
#56 Posted : 9/30/2011 5:05:40 PM

SWIM

Movie-style
Zeitgeist 2 and 3 (1 is .... okay)
The Cove
The Living Matrix
What the BLEEP do we know - Down the rabbit hole (Way different than the original!)
This film is not yet rated

Series:
Anything and everything for BBC, Especially EVERYTHING with David Attenborough, the Life and Nature ones. Also extremely notable - BBC Horizon.
(but honestly ANYTHING by BBC's educational channel or whatever it is called)
Carl Sagan's Cosmos
Wild *insert country or area* Ex: Wild China
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Kronas
#57 Posted : 9/30/2011 10:33:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the heads up on these Ego, I will watch each.
Thanks and Praises, Love and Gratitude, Peace and Unity, Hemp Seed & Honey

Global
#58 Posted : 9/30/2011 11:30:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Digi123 wrote:
Nice one cheers, gonna have to check them out. Haven't really seen many doc's about LSD, DMT etc but The Revelation Of The Pyramids was pretty good. Took me ages to find a decent copy that wouldn't go out of sync, then 10 mins ago someone pointed out that it's on YouTube. Typical Razz

Thanks so much for that. I love Egyptian documentaries (particularly as modern as possible), and this one was great. It's funny how they always show the French architect to say something that they're about to completely and totally disagree with.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

sidefx
#59 Posted : 3/1/2014 10:11:58 PM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

if you like to Download, download this !

Aya - awakenings

Another inspiring documentary Film on Ayahuasca to add to the collection

Also good is

Vine of the Soul - Ayahuasca

and the all known

Dmt the spirit molecule

"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

Entheogenerator
#60 Posted : 3/2/2014 9:18:16 AM

Homo discens

There are some really terrific suggestions in this thread. sidefx, I actually just finished watching Aya Awakenings a few hours ago. I am very impressed with it Smile

As long as this thread is being revived, I suppose I'll throw a couple of recent discoveries and long-time favorites up here. I am really horrible at summarizing, so I will just write a quick sentence or two regarding the topic of each film. I really encourage people to look into these films further, rather than just pass judgement based on my words.

Neurons to Nirvana: Understanding Psychedelic Research (2013)
- ... About recent research in the field of psychedelics (obviously Razz).

Dirty Pictures (2010)
- About Anne and Sasha Shulgin and where they stand in relation to modern psychedelics research.

How To Make Money Selling Drugs (2012)
- Very interesting documentary about the American War on Drugs. I really like the unique format of it.

The House I live In (2012)
- Another very interesting documentary about the American War on Drugs. Available to stream on Netflix, I believe.

American Drug War: The Last White Hope (2008.)
- ... Do I really need to say anything here? Laughing Yet another fantastic film about the American War on Drugs.

Manifesting The Mind (2009)
- General information about the history of and the current state of psychedelics.

Athene's Theory of Everything (2011)
- This film blows my mind every time I watch it. I really don't think I would be doing it justice by trying to summarize it, but I will say that I highly recommend it. Particularly for those who have an interest in modern science. I really like the mood this film sets when I watch it before a journey. For me it tends to encourage deep thought patterns and exploration of my beliefs regarding the "unknown". I don't necessarily believe/agree with every single aspect of every theory presented in the film, but I enjoy anything that encourages such powerful thought patterns. This film is available to stream on YouTube.

Happy viewing! Thumbs up
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

PREV12345NEXT