We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
GVG use with liquid pad failed, need advice on other methods! Options

tele
#1 Posted : 5/22/2011 10:01:20 AM
Explorer

Hello all,

I know I could have posted this on the GVG thread but I've read before that other people had this problem too, so own thread for this matter should be OK.

So: I have tested the GVG with a liquid pad, and it leaks, leaks so much that a ~40mg dose went to waste(altough it gave a mild effect)! I cut the liquid pad to proper size, so that it had to be slightly pressed down to the base.

I have previously acquired steel mesh which probably would have worked, but as it gave a metal taste when vaped it wasn't a good choice. And copper mesh isn't available here, only on ebay as lots... Or should I just give up on everything else and buy a pack from ebay?

So can somebody advice me on methods that will work for sure?

I have used bed of herb(nettle) and it does work, but as one has to vaporize also some of the bed, I feel like plain DMT would be the best choice. If I'll use herbs again, can somebody advice how many screens and how much of herb should be used so no DMT will be waster?

Has anybody any comments on using ash as a base?

SIDE QUESTION: Should the GVG fill with thick vapor when used properly, or should the vapor come out as a thin stream?

THANKS!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/22/2011 10:06:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It should def be thick vapor. Can you see where it leaks through, is it through the sides where it touches the glass or is it through the liquid pad itself? Maybe its about adjusting it better?

tele
#3 Posted : 5/22/2011 11:07:44 AM
Explorer

Actually it's hard to say if it's leaking thru the sides or the pad. I wouldn't be surprised if it would be both. I wonder why is it that some people have it work ok, and others fail with this liquid pad method?
I have read Gibran's advice before, how the pad should touch minimally the glass and other tips, but even when I followed the advices and cut the pad to good size, it just doesn't work for me.

I guess I'll be ordering some chore boy copper mesh from ebay then, and my next question will be, how to make a good screen from copper mesh so it won't leak, but so it would still be "airy enough". How do you make your "C-boy screenWink "? However, I think we still should discuss about the liquid pad, but I don't feel like "testing and wasting dmt". As people have the copper work so well, I feel like I can't go wrong with it!

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 5/22/2011 12:42:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Gibran2s approach with the copper disc is excellent; I use a disc made of medium weight steel wool in the same way as Gibran uses copper and, IMO, its spot-on for our requirements.Wink For this reason Ive not considered any other method for use with a GVG.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

smokerx
#5 Posted : 5/22/2011 12:56:04 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

corpus callosum wrote:
Gibran2s approach with the copper disc is excellent; I use a disc made of medium weight steel wool in the same way as Gibran uses copper and, IMO, its spot-on for our requirements.Wink For this reason Ive not considered any other method for use with a GVG.

agree with that. gibran2 got it right. I use copper mesh as well and this works great. no leak and you need only a small bit of copper mesh. i would say dont bother with liquid pad. you can also use steel mesh the metal taste was because you did not heat the mesh before use. if you did you would not get that taste anymore. but copper is better cos it does not oxidize as steel mesh.
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Dreamwalker
#6 Posted : 5/22/2011 4:13:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to have that same problem with the liquid pad first time I got my GVG. I have yet to try the copper mesh but I did learn that smoking technique had a lot to do with the leakage. Perhaps your pulling too hard when your vaping your dose pulling some or most of the spice through the pad before it can be vaporized. I found that when I took significantly slower and longer pulls waste wasn't an issue for me anymore. It just took some getting used to but now I can vape it all without any spice leaking through.

gibran2
#7 Posted : 5/22/2011 4:30:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I have never had any leakage whatsoever with a properly shaped and sized copper mesh disc. I also never get any metallic flavor, but that just might be me (although I’m generally quite sensitive to metallic flavors in water, food, etc.)

I would agree that gentle inhalation might help prevent liquid from being blown off the mesh by the air stream, but when using a copper mesh disc, a gentle inhalation doesn’t imply a long inhalation. A full dose of DMT (25-30mg in my case) vaporizes in just a few seconds – probably under 3 seconds and definitely under 5 seconds. Most of the inhalation during administration is before vaporization (getting the disc heated) and after administration (ensuring that every last bit has been vaporized).
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

tele
#8 Posted : 5/22/2011 6:58:04 PM
Explorer

I guess I shall be praising the mesh soon, too.Wink

To get it right the first time, should the disc be pressed with a pliers, so that there will be a surface where the DMT can lay, or should it be somewhat airy?

I am wondering, if the mesh has too large holes in it, doesn't the freebase just go through(before it vaporizes) when one starts inhaling? So I'm thinking if I should press it compact with pliers so it will have somewhat even surface...

I remember seeing Gibran's picture of the mesh and that we have discussed the matter above before, however I want to make sure everything will be done right this time!

Dreamwalker
#9 Posted : 5/22/2011 7:12:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting.... I think I will give the copper mesh a go myself. I don't seem to have a problem with the liquid pad itself but with all the testimonials behind the copper mesh I may as well give it a shot!

tele
#10 Posted : 5/22/2011 8:12:52 PM
Explorer

I'd like to add that if using a liquid pad requires slow inhalation, I guess that's not for me. As for me too long inhalation will make it harder to keep the vapor inside the lungs... If copper mesh vapes it all quickly, it really seems like the best way! I can't wait to get some from ebay(it's not available here). Now I only have to learn how to make perfect mesh screen!

I found photo of gibran's mesh:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=204709#post204709

If you read this, can you tell me do you use pliers to form the mesh and is the mesh in the picture perfectly working so I could use it as a starting point for my mesh screen? It seems that the thickness is about 5mm? And it seems the screen is as wide as the GVG's base?

smokerx
#11 Posted : 5/22/2011 8:39:21 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

tele wrote:
I'd like to add that if using a liquid pad requires slow inhalation, I guess that's not for me. As for me too long inhalation will make it harder to keep the vapor inside the lungs... If copper mesh vapes it all quickly, it really seems like the best way! I can't wait to get some from ebay(it's not available here). Now I only have to learn how to make perfect mesh screen!

I found photo of gibran's mesh:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=204709#post204709

If you read this, can you tell me do you use pliers to form the mesh and is the mesh in the picture perfectly working so I could use it as a starting point for my mesh screen? It seems that the thickness is about 5mm? And it seems the screen is as wide as the GVG's base?

you dont need pliers you can make the shape with your fingers.
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

MelCat
#12 Posted : 5/22/2011 8:40:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I use pliers to make the screen.

I'll start by unraveling some of the copper and get a strip about half an inch wide and cut it off.

Then I'll fold it over a few times and any "strings" are wrapped around the mesh to make a disc.

I'll then pinch the mesh in my fingers and use pliers to smooch the mesh into the correct sized disc to fit in the vapor genie without it touching the glass sides and then use the pliers again to smooch the top and bottom to make it 3-5mm thick.

It seems like the thinner the disc, the faster it reaches the right temp.

Hopefully this helps, if not, I might make a video to show it a little better.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

gibran2
#13 Posted : 5/22/2011 9:44:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Copper is soft enough where you don't really need to use pliers. I never do. And by shaping the disc by hand, it's just a bit "looser" and airier than it might be otherwise.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

tele
#14 Posted : 5/25/2011 9:48:12 AM
Explorer

Thanks fellas.

Should I try to make the screen of such size, that it won't touch the glass sides of the GVG?

And I still wonder, if the screen is somewhat "airy", doesn't it let the powder go through the screen when one starts inhaling? Therefore, should I consider the picture of Gibran2's mesh screen as ideal that works well(in the sense of how "holed/airy" the mesh is)?

ragabr
#15 Posted : 5/25/2011 3:05:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
And I still wonder, if the screen is somewhat "airy", doesn't it let the powder go through the screen when one starts inhaling? Therefore, should I consider the picture of Gibran2's mesh screen as ideal that works well(in the sense of how "holed/airy" the mesh is)?

If you heat the screen before applying the spice to it, the spice will melt and attach itself, so none falls through while you're inhaling.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

tele
#16 Posted : 5/25/2011 3:24:47 PM
Explorer

ragabr wrote:

If you heat the screen before applying the spice to it, the spice will melt and attach itself, so none falls through while you're inhaling.

I forgot this technique, I read about it some 6 months ago...

But I wonder what's the best technique to do this? With a torch(maybe some 3-5cm away) when the screen is in the pipe, will this be sufficient?

Or what about placing the DMT on a cool screen inside the GVG and then gently heating it with a torch(some 5cm away maybe), so it will melt into the mesh? Wouldn't this be easier if one takes care not to burn/vaporize the spice?

tele
#17 Posted : 5/27/2011 4:30:23 PM
Explorer

Anyone?

ragabr
#18 Posted : 5/27/2011 5:14:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The first way, torching the screen inside the pipe, has always worked for her. The screen will cool down too much to liquify the spice, but it will melt it enough to stick.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

tele
#19 Posted : 5/28/2011 9:38:05 AM
Explorer

ragabr wrote:
The first way, torching the screen inside the pipe, has always worked for her. The screen will cool down too much to liquify the spice, but it will melt it enough to stick.

OK, I wonder how close should I keep the torch lighter to the copper screen(2-3cm enough?)? Obviously I shouldn't touch it with the flame?

tele
#20 Posted : 5/31/2011 9:54:48 AM
Explorer

I guess someone heats the mesh before applying the spice on it, so can someone tell how the heating should be done properly? I am thinking about keeping the mesh inside the GVG and from about 3cm warming it up with a torch lighter, will this be sufficient?
I know I have lots of questions, I just want to get everything right!

123NEXT