We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678910NEXT
russian olive status ? Options

aliendreamtime
#141 Posted : 1/30/2012 3:48:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My results were inconclusive. I'd say taking what was actually .5g of cubes may have potentiated it to the level of a + on shulgin scale, but I'd have to repeat with the same amount to see what it does. My extraction was not very efficient and I'm not absolutely sure how much to use. I think I figured it out by the supposed % concentration around the time I last posted though.

We can at least say that you probably wont overdose on the amount I used, nor will it make you terribly sick in some way, as far as I can tell. I didnt feel much nausea at all. I did not vomit.

Something interesting that I noted though was that before the mushrooms came on (at them 1/2 hr after the agustahuasca) and only the slight, possibly placebo effects could be felt, I noticed in the shower that I had incredible balance. I Usually can balance pretty well but I could just feel this solid ability to stand on one foot. It took no effort to balance at all for decent periods of time.

Effects total only lasted about 4 hrs.

Effects from the bark were slight if not placebo, but it deffinately felt like I took a shot with a sort of warm glow about me.

I must say though that its fairly terryfying having just taken a potent concoction of some unknown plant plart. Be careful. People have allergies, etc. Start low.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ambivalent
#142 Posted : 2/9/2012 7:11:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to post some results of Elaeagnus Angustifolia (Russian Olive) extraction. The material used for the extraction was the bark of the tree.
The method used for extracting and cleaning the precipitates was A/B. The extract was washed multiple times, until the precipitates were clean enough and all insoluble particles during the acidic stage were removed.

Ammount of bark used was around 300 g

Vinegar was used for the acidic stage, and lye for basifying. ( i used Ph meter so the amount of acid and base was not really calculated ) rough estimate is around 5 g of both. 4-5 g of acid and around 5 g of lye to neutralize it and bring it to alkaline ph level.

The bark was well grinded in coffee grinder and boiled for over an hour.After the solution is cooled it was filtered until fine transparent liquid was obtained.The particles from the coffee grinder are not so tiny, so there was no problem with filtration and clogging of the filter paper. So here are some photos of the process :

http://imageshack.us/g/835/01acidicsolution.jpg/

here's direct link from the photos. i couldn't manage to embed the photos here. if anyone has a better way of posting eight photos in one album i am open to hear it.

i tried bioessaying this material sublingually with no success. Arround 300 mg were consumed with no effects. Maybe some other route of administration or in other form rather than freebase, don't know...all suggestions are welcomed.

I really want to know what exactly was obtained from the extraction, and i will do more research and testing to pinpoint what exactly is pulled with this method.

edit : the yielded material weighed around 10 g

Felnik
#143 Posted : 2/9/2012 7:28:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...........and .....?
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Ambivalent
#144 Posted : 2/9/2012 7:46:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry for the waiting, but i am not skillful with forum posting and internet codes.It take's some time for me : ) And yea still didn't managed to embed the album with photos directly !

Felnik
#145 Posted : 2/10/2012 2:45:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I, m curious about all these inconclusive results .
My results have been very conclusive and simple ,
its very effective .

Perhaps the autumn olive is more potent , or maybe
The environment or the soil is different here .

How difficult would it be to do a focussed mass spec
Analysis of the autumn olive from this particular area ?
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

applebaum
#146 Posted : 2/10/2012 3:39:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Felnik,

Did you ever get to where you were 100% on what species you're dealing with? Sounds like they have fairly different looking ripe fruit if you check them in the fall. Ripe Autumn Olive fruits being deep red to pink and ripe Russian Olive fruits being yellow or orange.

I was thinking about planting a few of them this spring if they work as good as you say. But I'd hate to plant the wrong invasive species if one of them works and one doesn't.

Felnik
#147 Posted : 2/10/2012 4:13:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was able to confirm last year that these are indeed autumn olive trees
Around here .
Arthur C. Clarke

Ambivalent
#148 Posted : 2/10/2012 8:12:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

even if the soil and weather climate are different, it is already determined what are the metabolites of this genus of trees.I think its impossible that your autumn olive has evolved to produce some more psychedelic compounds.

If you checked the graph few pages back you can see that Autumn olive is not with the highest alkaloid profile, so i would expect less not more from that tree. And it is little strange that only you have conclusive results.

Anyway, i still don't want to make any conclusions.Taking in mind that these trees are widely spread where i live, i will try to find Autumn olive somewhere near me and i will do extraction on leaves and bark. then there will be even less space for confusion.

edit : I know these trees from my childhood, they have been always around me. And i am 100% sure what i am working with here, but if you guys want to confirm i can still put some pics up. The trees i collected the bark from were healthy trees E.Angustifolia, still having their leaves and fruits on them even in the coldest part of the year.

Felnik
#149 Posted : 2/10/2012 1:24:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I,ve been interested in these trees for a long time they are growing
In my own yard. I,ve made jelly from the fruits .
It's a labor of love for sure. It's a strange coincidence
That they contain harmine alkaloids. I have seen the analysis
Many times over on autumn olive vers Russian olive.

I will stand by my findings , this stuff is a strong potentiator of
Spice. There is no doubt about this.
Arthur C. Clarke

Ambivalent
#150 Posted : 2/11/2012 12:49:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok, and what are your routes of administration and in what form do you ingest it ? the freebase which i have is inactive when ingested. when tried sublingually it hardly dissolves in my mouth, its like having sand. are you saying that your freebase extract has different characteristics ? can you post some photos of your extract to compare it ? when i purify the precipitates sufficiently i always have them with the same color at the end which is off-white to grayish.

what are your purifying steps ? in which form you can successfully smoke it ?

Felnik
#151 Posted : 2/11/2012 1:27:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's a very simple extraction, a dark tea is produced
From multiple boils of bark or pressure cooked
I think is was 15lbs for like 30 or 40 mins.

Resulting tea boiled down to concentrate, then simple
Salt extraction performed, salted tea in fridge overnight ,
Filtered through cloth, bed sheet material , fan dried
Material is scraped from filter , yeilds a brownish grey
Powder. Can be vaped on mullein with spice . Will produce
Effects alone . synergistic with spice. Energizing clear and quite amazing .

I suspect the nicotine-like compound that I see in the
Analysis may play a role in this.

Arthur C. Clarke

dreamer042
#152 Posted : 2/19/2012 4:20:28 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

It looks like I found some russian olive! It's winter now so no leaves or flowers to verify with, but I'm pretty confident it is...

Here's some pics:
picture 1: Tree which appears to be russian olive that I unwittingly spent all summer smoalking changa under.

picture 2: I was surprised to find that there was a full sized uprooted tree down the hill from my smoalking tree.

picture 3: A few remaining dead leaves on the uprooted tree.

picture 4: Trunk bark of the uprooted tree.

picture 5: The upper branches on the uprooted tree were mostly smooth and had very few thorns.

picture 6: Thorns on a similar nearby tree.

Does that look about right?
dreamer042 attached the following image(s):
Img0001_02-18-2012.JPG (285kb) downloaded 244 time(s).
Img0004_02-18-2012.JPG (298kb) downloaded 243 time(s).
Img0005_02-18-2012.JPG (351kb) downloaded 244 time(s).
Img0008_02-18-2012.JPG (390kb) downloaded 246 time(s).
Img0030_02-18-2012.JPG (391kb) downloaded 243 time(s).
Img0009_02-18-2012.JPG (337kb) downloaded 242 time(s).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jamie
#153 Posted : 2/28/2012 11:48:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^ I would be going nuts harvesting that bark from the uprooted tree9assuming it's done for) and experimenting. I really dont get why more people here are not all over this..there must be many more people here with these trees around them. And there is harmalas in the leaves as well right? If so leaves could be harvested ethically as opposed to stripping the trunks..or at least use branch bark..

Keep us updated..
Long live the unwoke.

Felnik
#154 Posted : 2/29/2012 12:23:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The autumn olive that I have around here does not have thorns
I will post some photos .

Jamie I agree , these trees have great potential
It's being overlooked
Arthur C. Clarke

Dozuki
#155 Posted : 2/29/2012 12:24:53 AM

Faustian Phytochem Investigator

Chemical expertSenior Member

I will be looking out for these once all the plants around here start to leaf out again. It's hard to identify stuff at the end of winter...

Felnik
#156 Posted : 2/29/2012 11:04:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here are a few picts of a local autumn olive tree during summer, no thorns, silver under leaves.
Felnik attached the following image(s):
Autumnolivefull-web.gif (219kb) downloaded 482 time(s).
autumnolivecloesupweb.gif (412kb) downloaded 483 time(s).
autumnolivetrunk-web.gif (509kb) downloaded 482 time(s).
Arthur C. Clarke

dreamer042
#157 Posted : 8/2/2012 5:50:33 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I harvested a bunch of material today and verified these trees are indeed Elaeagnus angustifolia. Mucho experimentation to come soon Thumbs up
dreamer042 attached the following image(s):
Img0001_08-01-2012.JPG (233kb) downloaded 438 time(s).
Img0002_08-01-2012.JPG (229kb) downloaded 431 time(s).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

blueshake
#158 Posted : 10/28/2012 10:10:40 PM

nanite

I chewed 7 Elaeagnus angustifolia seeds, and it's got pretty antidepressant effect. It's 5-6 hours long. I've got dysthymia and it's pretty good for it(I'm not taking any medication for it), and I certainly feel MAOI-A effect; this serotonin effect with a bit of noradrenaline and a touch of dopamine Rolling eyes. Im not sure if it's lowering my blood pressure(normally it's around 140/85 - light hypertension) I'll check it tomorrow (imidazoline - 1 agonism, a mark of harmane action). I think that all harmala alkaloids should be transferred to the seed coating, like in syrian rue case.

wearepeople
#159 Posted : 8/3/2013 2:54:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shamelessly bumping this thread to hopefully get some more definitive IDs, assays, and hopefully methods of extraction.

WOOOO HOOOOOO! Russian Olive!
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Wax
#160 Posted : 8/13/2013 5:16:52 AM

LUVR

Ok, so I soaked a few handfuls of finely chopped Russian Olive leaves in 70% iso. The alcohol evaporated and I was left with a wet goo that smelled completely devoid of alcohol. I scraped up the goo and let the brown water fully evap. and returned to a hard brown candy like layer which was scraped up to yield shiny brown powder.

So depicted are Substance A- the black tar on the razor blade. and Substance B- the brown shiny powder.

When pressed on paper Substance A leaves a greenish imprint, I suspect this to be mainly chlorophyll...would this assumption be correct? If so then the goodies should be in Substance B, no?

Is there any way other than bioassay or fluorescence under a black light to determine what I have here?
Wax attached the following image(s):
oliveleafextract.jpg (1,081kb) downloaded 344 time(s).
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

«PREV678910NEXT