We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT
The Ice House Homestead Options

polytrip
#61 Posted : 9/20/2011 12:19:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Ice House wrote:
Up early this morning and out to the garden to pick some breakfast....... I love a big fresh crunchy head of lettuce in the morning with a little blue cheese crumbled on it and some hot peppers sprinkled on it and then a big pile of black beans dumped on it.

This thread is making me hungry. btw, i see you still master the art of camouflage.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ice House
#62 Posted : 10/3/2011 6:00:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Though I'd post a few pics of a beautiful squash I gew this year. It weighed out to 28lbs! This beauty is edible and will be eaten and enjoyed by many.

Enjoy!
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Ice House
#63 Posted : 10/3/2011 6:01:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thought I'd post a few pics of a very photogenic extremely beautiful squash I gew this year. It weighed out to 28lbs! This beauty is edible and will be eaten and enjoyed by many.

IH
Ice House attached the following image(s):
sq1.jpg (289kb) downloaded 355 time(s).
sq2.jpg (230kb) downloaded 356 time(s).
sq3.jpg (247kb) downloaded 354 time(s).
sq4.jpg (269kb) downloaded 354 time(s).
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

teotenakeltje
#64 Posted : 10/3/2011 6:23:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mmm...that one looks beautiful! Almost looks too nice to eat. I wonder what you will make out of it. Soup? Salad? Gratin?

I'm looking forward to January, then I will have my own garden as well. I'm gonna be growing lots of stuff too. Especially berries of all kinds because I so fond of them: raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrent, redcurrent, gooseberries, blackberries,... I want them all!

a1pha
#65 Posted : 10/3/2011 6:29:58 PM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Is there a nuclear testing facility near you IH? Cause that's one mutant squash!

Right on!
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

TimePantry
#66 Posted : 10/3/2011 8:48:46 PM

It's a field.

Gotta love anything that orange!
"What's wrong with that generation? ... Is this what comes of putting on Pink Floyd laser lightshows down at the Planetarium?" --Spider Robinson

TimePantry
#67 Posted : 10/3/2011 8:57:59 PM

It's a field.

polytrip wrote:
Beautyfull.

My gardening tip would be: don't bother too much about snails and bugs. When plants are under attack they start producing their own insecticides wich often means having a spicier plant. Almost any herb or vegetable becomes tastier when snails start having a go at them. just put them somewhere else when it get's too bad.

I was not aware of this! That is very useful information. <sigh> Now, if only I could have a garden.

I remember my father throwing snails over the fence, claiming he was giving them flying lessons. "Oh, they like to fly! ... ... ... they don't like to land..."
"What's wrong with that generation? ... Is this what comes of putting on Pink Floyd laser lightshows down at the Planetarium?" --Spider Robinson

Ice House
#68 Posted : 10/3/2011 10:27:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

teotenakeltje wrote:
mmm...that one looks beautiful! Almost looks too nice to eat. I wonder what you will make out of it. Soup? Salad? Gratin?

Actually I will make a wonderful garlic, red curry, brownsugar glaze to put on sliced wedges of this beauty and I will BBQ it.

yummy yum yum!Very happy

Ice House
#69 Posted : 10/8/2011 11:48:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moving along with the harvest this fall a couple of delicious berries. First is the Red currant second is the Concord grape. The Currants are grown under the grape trellis shown in the pic. It hasnt been a great year for berries here in the western PNW the grapes have been slow to ripen. Looks like I have a few bunches that are ready enough now to make some fine jam and jelly. My wife will probably mix some Currants into the grape jam to give it sme extra flavor, I'll prolly also eat some on my cereal in the morning.

Enjoy the pics
currant.jpg (286kb) downloaded 300 time(s).
currant1.jpg (292kb) downloaded 299 time(s).
currant2.jpg (207kb) downloaded 296 time(s).
grape 2.jpg (2,599kb) downloaded 297 time(s).
grape 1.jpg (284kb) downloaded 296 time(s).

semios
#70 Posted : 10/31/2011 5:06:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Ice House thanks for posting this thread and sharing your progress. We are reasonably far down the "urban homesteader" path in Seattle, with chickens, a big garden, fruit trees, and a life in cycle with the seasons. On a normal-sized city lot, in a restored 1929 farmhouse.
semios attached the following image(s):
TN_Garden_Oct31_10-4.jpg (202kb) downloaded 275 time(s).
TN_Garden_Oct31_10-5.jpg (153kb) downloaded 273 time(s).
Chickens480-9068.jpg (160kb) downloaded 272 time(s).

Ice House
#71 Posted : 11/24/2011 10:23:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The very dirty work on the Ice House Homestead, A very sad day indeed. Preparing for Thanksgiving. I have had to prepare 6 turkeys thus far. It has been extremely difficult for me. I raised these birds from chicks. I really experienced genuine heart felt pain. I'm not sure how much longer I'm gonna be an omnivore. These are without a doubt some of the most beautiful thanksgiving birds ever. Free range organic definately tastey.
turk.jpg (274kb) downloaded 243 time(s).
t2.jpg (230kb) downloaded 241 time(s).

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#72 Posted : 11/25/2011 12:48:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Man, killing and prepping birds you have raised makes a man APPRECIATE the energy and life it takes to be an omnivore. Don't give up, just give thanks. Have a great holiday everybody; hope the hyperdimensional spirits grace you with true understanding and love.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

Ice House
#73 Posted : 11/25/2011 4:07:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish wrote:
Man, killing and prepping birds you have raised makes a man APPRECIATE the energy and life it takes to be an omnivore. Don't give up, just give thanks.

Thank you Cuttlefish. I like how you put that into perspective.

While sittlng around the dinner table this evening we discussed exactly that, as we were enjoying a wonderful dinner. My wife made several delicious home made pumpkin pies that were made from pumpkins from our pumkin patch. The Turkey was the best bird I have ever eaten, and yes it took loads of love and energy to get this special moment together. The journey getting it there was a great one. It was a lesson of love of life, put together with blood, sweat, and tears.

Very fullfilling.Very happy

Purges
#74 Posted : 11/25/2011 10:16:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is awesomeness. One day I will grow all my own food.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

obliguhl
#75 Posted : 11/25/2011 10:22:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know about you all spinning that....

If you feel pain killing them because of the hurt - stop. No need to make it overly complicated and attach some new age ideology to it.

bindu
#76 Posted : 11/25/2011 10:56:29 AM

Beautiful lifestyle indeed

after the initial shock of dying they actually do get transformed into being a part of a "higher being"

its not like they asked for it but well im sure they had a great life, until that day when their master decided its time to merge...
blessed be all forms of intelligence

polytrip
#77 Posted : 11/25/2011 11:29:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Ice House wrote:
I really experienced genuine heart felt pain. I'm not sure how much longer I'm gonna be an omnivore.

Just follow your heart. The easiest way to find out.
Happy thanksgiving.

christian
#78 Posted : 11/25/2011 12:11:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread needs renaming, "ICEHOUSE UTOPIA"...Smile
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

obliguhl
#79 Posted : 11/25/2011 2:23:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
its not like they asked for it but well im sure they had a great life, until that day when their master decided its time to merge...

Perhaps someday you will visit hyperspace to find out that your "masters" decide it's time to "merge". Ever thought about it ?

And:

Do humans also get transformed into a "higher being" after the "initial shock" ? Who wants to use that as an excuse ?

Ice House
#80 Posted : 11/27/2011 12:11:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bindu wrote:
Beautiful lifestyle indeed

after the initial shock of dying they actually do get transformed into being a part of a "higher being"

Please bindu no disrespect directed toward you and your post, I would just like to break down what you have written as I feel it applies to me and my life's phlosophies. I thank you for postting because this has provided some great revelation.

bindu-
Quote:
until that day when their master decided its time to merge...

I am no ones master! I dont ever want to be anyones master. Threre are certain diciplines that I would like to master, ie yoga, archery, ahhh..... and gardening. I never want the stigma of being the master of another living creature, my dog is my partner, I am not her master. Yes I do make decisions for here and I tell her what to do but that has nothing to do with being her master.

bindu
Quote:

Is this so? I dont know this for sure. Maybe they dont. Maybe it's just a life left unfinished. Maybe this was a life, like mine, that was put on this earth to carry out an important function for our mother EARTH,

bindu
Quote:

its not like they asked for it but well im sure they had a great life,

They did indeed have a great life. They were loved for and cared for as if they were my own flesh and blood. Except the killing part.

obliguhl
Quote:
If you feel pain killing them because of the hurt - stop. No need to make it overly complicated and attach some new age ideology to it.

Agreed. No new age spin is going to change the way I feel about this past weeks events.

Thank you all for your imput. I apreciate it.

«PREV23456NEXT