We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV4567NEXT
April fools!!! Options

endlessness
#101 Posted : 4/5/2011 12:35:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love you guys, really Very happy

Sorry it bothered some people, we were laughing our ass off as we created that subforum Very happy

We really didnt expect people to react so badly, we thought maybe it would be an immediate first shock as people saw the forum but as soon as they looked at the thread titles they would realize immediately.

As for whats inside the threads, most threads were filled with empty posts just to make it belieavable in terms of reply numbers (and trav ingeniously changed the dates to seem like it was a very old forum).. Though antrocles did post some pic of the giant snake in his pants Razz

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ginkgo
#102 Posted : 4/5/2011 2:45:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hold on a second... Harvesting pineal glands, disposal of bodies, human trafficking, LSD sold for the CIA, involvement with the Juarez cartel, eating babies, making 'hippie zombies' with actual acid in the place of LSD, ecstacy tablets with scopolamine, etc etc all branded under "elite dawgz". From DMT-Nexus. On April the 1th. And some of you guys actually took it seriously?

Well well, then I must say that this tremendously funny joke also served as a wake-up call to certain people. This is, to me, a sign that certain people should think more of what they actually believe. Don't let your eyes fool you! I mean, come on, isn't this exact point a big part of what DMT and other psychedelics is actually about? Man...

ragabr
#103 Posted : 4/5/2011 3:19:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're the most suspicious of all, Evening Glory!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

obliguhl
#104 Posted : 4/5/2011 3:36:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry
#105 Posted : 4/5/2011 3:41:17 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

obliguhl wrote:
So you're saying, this was all a joke?

Crying or very sad

Well...I am still looking for reliable adrenochrome sources...so it doesn't have to be? Wink
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

I am.
#106 Posted : 4/5/2011 4:23:08 PM

I AM

Evening Glory wrote:

Well well, then I must say that this tremendously funny joke also served as a wake-up call to certain people. This is, to me, a sign that certain people should think more of what they actually believe. Don't let your eyes fool you! I mean, come on, isn't this exact point a big part of what DMT and other psychedelics is actually about? Man...

You're right! So I shouldn't believe you mods anymore, either. I was told by one of you that I wasn't supposed to see that and be quiet. It was the perpetuation of the joke by the mods that made it problematic. So under the premise of not believing what you see...we should shut the nexus down. I mean after all...we can only see the words on the screen for any of this. Everyone's advice and everything else shouldn't be listened to. We should just all shut down and only believe ourselves. No need for community.
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

I am.
#107 Posted : 4/5/2011 4:33:49 PM

I AM

Isn't the idea of a practical joke to get someone going? If so...how can you be surprised that you got people going?

I, for one, have never been a fan of practical jokes. Someone usually gets harmed in some way.

SnozzleBerry
#108 Posted : 4/5/2011 4:35:04 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Rolling eyes

Can we drop it? On both sides?

For those of you who appreciated the joke, outstanding, I applaud your sense of humor. For those that didn't get the joke/suffered panic attacks/tossed all their stuff; I'm sorry, it was lamentable that such actions were taken/reactions occurred, but that was never our intentions. I've been to jail for substances (not real time like olympus or I AM) and would never seek to elicit such a reaction from others. It was my feeling (and I assume the other mods as well) that the posts were outlandish enough (and occurring on april 1) for the type of free-thinking individuals who inhabit the Nexus to see it as the joke that it was. We decided to perpetuate the joke precisely because we figured people here would be too smart, call BS and end the humor before it even got started. It's now April 5, might we move on?

peace and love,
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

The Traveler
#109 Posted : 4/5/2011 4:37:18 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I am. wrote:
Evening Glory wrote:

You're right! So I shouldn't believe you mods anymore, either. I was told by one of you that I wasn't supposed to see that and be quiet. It was the perpetuation of the joke by the mods that made it problematic. So under the premise of not believing what you see...we should shut the nexus down. I mean after all...we can only see the words on the screen for any of this. Everyone's advice and everything else shouldn't be listened to. We should just all shut down and only believe ourselves. No need for community.

C'mon man, you felt DEEP for it. Pleased Don't try to 'change the subject', it was an April fools joke that is only there on April 1st of every year. There is no reason to stretch this one like you do.

Again, you felt amazingly DEEP for it, you should be REALLY glad that we didn't take your PM's seriously. Laughing

Kind regards,

The Traveler

endlessness
#110 Posted : 4/5/2011 4:39:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally I believe in the good impact of this community on many people's lives, including mine. But you are free to do as you want, I am, if you dont feel this community is for you, please go and follow another path.

One constructive criticism I feel its justified is the fact that mods who deleted or edited people's posts to keep the joke going should have immediately pmed those affected to let them in on the joke. Even though I was not online at the time, anyways I appologize for any negative feelings this has caused to anybody.

I am, what evening glory wanted to talk about is critical thinking, and not trying to support a paranoid and isolating world view where one doesnt interact and distrusts any and everybody.

MelCat
#111 Posted : 4/5/2011 4:42:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am. wrote:
I, for one, have never been a fan of practical jokes. Someone usually gets harmed in some way.

I agree with this.

I've always believed that Love and Trust go hand in hand.

This "joke" broke a lot of people's Trust for the Nexus and therefore a lot of the Love as well.

I really hope that nothing like this happens again in the future.

A community like this should never have it's security or trust compromised in ANY way.

It didn't upset me enough to leave, but it did make me reconsider what I post and more importantly, what I trust.

Just my $0.02
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

I am.
#112 Posted : 4/5/2011 4:46:50 PM

I AM

Yes trav..y'all got me good. I probably freaked out the most. Sorry...i start thinking about prison when I hear of dea snitch lists and giving people up in regards to the manufacturing of psychedelics.

Did I over react? ABSOLUTELY. Why? Fear? Survival? Whatever. I did. Joke is on me I guess. With every passing day I'm upset less and less by it and realize I over reacted but I still stand my ground that the idea of handing anyone over to dea is not an appropriate joke for this site. Like I told you, I'm not leaving. Nothing like that. I am glad I found the nexus. Thank you for maintaining it trav and the rest of the mods. This is a beautiful place. I'm privileged to be a part of it.

The Traveler
#113 Posted : 4/5/2011 4:48:41 PM

"No, seriously"

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
I am. wrote:

I agree with this.

I've always believed that Love and Trust go hand in hand.

This "joke" broke a lot of people's Trust for the Nexus and therefore a lot of the Love as well.

I really hope that nothing like this happens again in the future.

A community like this should never have it's security or trust compromised in ANY way.

It didn't upset me enough to leave, but it did make me reconsider what I post and more importantly, what I trust.

Just my $0.02

It can always be that someone unintentionally gets hurt, and if that happens I feel sorry about that. Though I also believe that the day we cannot have this kind of humor on the DMT-Nexus anymore it will be the day that the DMT-Nexus WILL shut down.

Critical thinking is important. And if people see absurd threads like in the Elite dawgz subforum on April 1st and think it's real... I dunno... But eating those babies seems like a nice idea as is selling 30% of the nexus shares for 800k dollar...

The fun part with jokes like this is that all the people that fell hard for it are usually the same ones that start to complain about it later on, so this does show some interesting true faces. Pleased

Kind regards,

The Traveler

soulfood
#114 Posted : 4/5/2011 5:01:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Well it's the 5th now so... lets move on, eh?

Smile

I am.
#115 Posted : 4/5/2011 5:20:57 PM

I AM

Yes soulfood...i agree. I seem to have been offended by the joke more than anyone but realize that it's pointless and counter productive to keep going about this. If I were truly offended, I would leave. I'm not leaving so it's not worth going on about.

Whether I agree with everyone's defense of their actions or not doesn't matter. I know that no harm was intended. I am sorry for my perpetuation in this drama and choose to bow out. I will not hold grudges. Not worth it. I hope that everyone (on both sides...including MYSELF...maybe mostly myself) can learn from this situation and grow from it. After all...i believe that is the true spirit of the Nexus...to learn and grow.

Again...sorry for my over indulgence in this matter.

Did you hear about the shoe factory that burned down in atlanta this morning? 5,000 souls were lost! Razz

The Traveler
#116 Posted : 4/5/2011 5:52:57 PM

"No, seriously"

I am. wrote:
Did you hear about the shoe factory that burned down in atlanta this morning? 5,000 souls were lost! Razz

Lets not tell this one to shoe. Wink

Good that it's all settling now and that we can move on. Thank you all for this people.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Bill Cipher
#117 Posted : 4/5/2011 6:16:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am. - I really have no desire to rub anything in your face here, but your lingering reaction to the situation is beyond anything reasonable or appropriate. You were the only one here out of 10,000 members (at least as far as I know) to go all Y2K crazy over this. Again, I'm sorry for your prison experience, but for the love of God, man... BUCK UP.

1) It was April Fool's Day.
2) We threw up a new forum section (on April Fool's Day) full of preposterous posts about (among other things) eating babies, making zombies and smoking changa with Barack Obama.
3) You PM'd a mod and asked a) if the forum was real and b) if so, how you could get invited to join. Acolon told you very early on that it was an April Fool's Day prank, and you chose to believe this was part of a cover up.
4) You PM'd me after emptying your bank account and cleaning out your home to tell me you'd heard of strange happenings in hyperspace(?!?!?!?) and demanding to know the truth. I responded to you within two minutes and told you it was all just a joke - an April Fool's Day joke - and that you needed to relax.

It's now the 5th - time to stop licking your wounds, or at least reflect on your gullibility. ANYONE who is still smarting from this... GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON. If the trust is not there and the love has been tainted, go visit our friends at The Shroomery.

Ellis D'Empty
#118 Posted : 4/5/2011 6:29:37 PM

Snirfneblin

Lol, I wonder what all the new people visiting the site thought.... hahahah xD
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

obliguhl
#119 Posted : 4/5/2011 7:26:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Critical thinking is important.

It is. Just like getting your reality turned upside down once in a while. FNORD.

I am.
#120 Posted : 4/5/2011 8:23:32 PM

I AM

thanks art. i already said sorry. already bowed out. already retreated. already admitted to freaking out. glad you felt like chiming in to beat up on me. good to know i can count on you for this. i don't understand?

i already admitted (publicly) that i was wrong but you felt the need to come on in here and say something more. flex your muscle perhaps? and no...alcolon didn't tell me it was a joke...he told me i wasn't supposed to see it and to keep quiet. so there. i have emails to prove. now...i will let this go as soon as everyone else does. so if anyone wants this to go away...why not drop it?

so who was lingering art? i already stopped. guess you were lingering...

«PREV4567NEXT