We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT
April fools!!! Options

imPsimon
#81 Posted : 4/2/2011 12:37:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I loved it!
Couldn't believe my eyes!
I saw some thread in the lines of "Do you think they know that I'm 69ron" and complety dropped my jaw.
Used printscreen and paint to make sure that they wouldn't disappear until I started to
look more closely at the threadnames.
Something about eating babies made the alarmbells go off.
...then I thought we had been hacked!

Haha! Took me awhile to check the date, excellent prank!

When I accepted the prank as being reality I kinda wanted it to be true because it jerked me
out of my ordinary experience and threw into something
completely surreal like taken from an actionmovie or something.

A+

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

I am.
#82 Posted : 4/2/2011 12:59:36 PM

I AM

i will say...i was proud of myself for how quickly i cleaned my house out! i left work early, cashed out my bank account and cleaned out my entire house. from the time i got home until all my stuff was in storage: hour and a half. not too bad, i'd say. i packed up everything illegal and had it safely stored in an hour and a half. fire drills are always nice! thanks for the scare. i really needed it guys!

Smile Smile Smile
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

Dreamwalker
#83 Posted : 4/2/2011 1:10:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Woke up this morning like.."Did that actually happen yesterday or was it all just a really bad dream?"

Very well executed! I kinda knew it was a joke but was a bit skeptical in case it wasn't... Good one!

Lodi
#84 Posted : 4/2/2011 2:43:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sick joke ass holes! But god dammit you had me going... Cant deny that, and gotta hand it to ya for genuinely freaking me out yesterday!

Wonder how many members left through all that? I almost did until I read the whole elite dawgz forum and starting realizing on the third or fourth page that no fool would ever talk about these things online, almost had me admins...
Everything I say is fictional, I do not support illegal drug use of any kind, SWIM is a fictional character.

Dreamwalker
#85 Posted : 4/2/2011 3:25:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lodi wrote:

Wonder how many members left through all that?

Yeah, Gibran2 seemed genuinely upset that some of his posts were deleted. He was concerned about the security of the site and said he was leaving.

Now it could be that he was in on the joke too...but I haven't seen him online yet since! Confused

Ice House
#86 Posted : 4/2/2011 3:50:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I got a kik out of that.

My first suspicion was that it was the work of the Traveler. I have allot of faith in the security and design of this web site. I gotta say I saw some true colors come out in some of the members that were being fooled. The Traveler has your back when you come here. Mods, very well done! Bravo!

lol

Trav and mods, Thank You!
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

antrocles
#87 Posted : 4/2/2011 4:12:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am. wrote:
i will say...i was proud of myself for how quickly i cleaned my house out! i left work early, cashed out my bank account and cleaned out my entire house. from the time i got home until all my stuff was in storage: hour and a half. not too bad, i'd say. i packed up everything illegal and had it safely stored in an hour and a half. fire drills are always nice! thanks for the scare. i really needed it guys!

Smile Smile Smile

JEEEZUS..... Shocked i have never laughed so hard and felt so guilty simultaneously. i'm so sorry you had this reaction my brother. in future i will give you a head's up on anything like this. i'm really sorry you went through such panic!!

@ ragabr - i just PM'd you THE PIC. Pleased

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

proto-pax
#88 Posted : 4/2/2011 4:30:30 PM

bird-brain

More conspiracy? Also I think I.Am. just proved that fear mechanism i was talking about. Life or death people, never forget it.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

cellux
#89 Posted : 4/2/2011 5:25:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Antrocles' Recent Faked Trip To Costa Rica
Feigning An Interest In Harm Reduction
what L&G REALLY means....

These were my favorites. Also "The BIG Conspiracy Theory Thread". Smile

I find it interesting that most complaints revolved around the possibility that the government may track us down... for me this didn't matter for a moment (perhaps because I don't live in the US). What I found most disturbing was the idea that these people who have a very special place in my heart, suddenly turned out to be also active on the "dark side of life". This brought a very deep Tibetan crazy wisdom aspect to this experience which truly shattered my world for those thirty seconds.

Anyway, thanks for the experience, all in all, it was more than worth it. Smile

actualfactual
#90 Posted : 4/2/2011 5:58:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I liked the "need something more caustic than lye to eat through bone".. also the "faking patience: I hate most nexus members"

Twisted Evil

fraterS.O.L.
#91 Posted : 4/2/2011 6:05:50 PM

Bill Nye

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Excelent burn!! The only upsetting part is that I can't see the actual posts Sad I was really hoping to see MMM's sex tap
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

Pandora
#92 Posted : 4/2/2011 6:56:59 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

It WAS funny - thread headings were a scream.

BUT, I do think it was over the top. Most websites that do an April Fools event, either change the main banner or do a single post. What we had here was the appearance of a new and hilarious elite subforum. We see elite in the title, then we cannot see any of the posts. Geez, thanks for the tease Antrocles. I would really have liked to see those posts.

You see, it was clear that Mods were posting like MAD in those threads. They DOMINATED the non-Nursery section. The only way to stay on top is if replies are made. Again, would have been nice to see. But, maybe worth the price of admission just for the thread titles.

Here's where it went just slightly wrong IMO: 1.) In order to maintain it some posts had to be deleted. This pissed at least one member off to the point of threatening to leave. Perhaps in hindsight, it would have made sense to immediately email a member and "bring them into the joke" if a post of theirs had to be deleted to maintain the sham. Perhaps not. Easy to armchair quarterback.

2.) Part of the joke was to suggest that all of this had happened due to a hack at the Nexus. Sorry Mods, but whoever came up with THIS idea - it was a really bad one. And then it was maintained and even pushed. This concurrent at a time when many of us knew The Traveler was out of town AND congruent with a recent announcement of "Maintenance" to the Nexus. Overreaction? Paranoid? For those who have faced the reality of what our society has to offer? I honestly don't think so. I talked to Nemo Amicus about my fears. I raised my fears briefly in chat. Basically saying, hilarious, over the top joke that some are misinterpreting, but now I cannot help but wonder if a real hack has taken place? This level of ambiguity and maintenance of this particular aspect of the "joke" really could have been left behind I feel.

Maybe this IS a wakeup call. I am intrigued by the idea of being able to access Nexus through an extra "onion" layer of security. Maybe some good can come of this and we can all become more secure. I have absolutely no idea.

One final thought. The Nexus is mainly a European and American community BUT it is in fact representative of people from all over the world, at least six continents. The History of April Fool's Day goes back to British paganism I believe, during the time when the CHURCH was starting to take over, . . . that is, during the transition to the Dark Ages. You see, the pagans celebrated their New Year on April 1. Well, the CHURCH declared it was to be January 1st. So, any pagan, whose traditions go back thousands of years, who says otherwise is clearly, a FOOL. The delightful folks in Britain who were SO uptight and rigid during the reformation, the Puritans (American "Pilgrams" ) brought this delightful holiday over to America.

Eventually, it evolved into what we have today. Just some food for thought.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

joedirt
#93 Posted : 4/2/2011 7:10:15 PM

Not I

Well I certainly got suckered in for a little while!

Good April Fools joke, but I can see why some are a little edgy about it. This is a board about illegal drugs after all!

Of course any long term members that read the post titles could figure out it pretty quick that it wasn't real...ms_manic_minx and her sex tape! LOL

Yeah you guy's pulled a good one for sure!

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

actualfactual
#94 Posted : 4/2/2011 7:11:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
BUT, I do think it was over the top.

That is the reason I can't believe anyone took it seriously..

Bill Cipher
#95 Posted : 4/2/2011 7:18:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FYI - There was never any site maintenance...

Pandora
#96 Posted : 4/2/2011 7:20:40 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

With slammed shut eyes and hands smacked over ears:

Na, Na, NA, NA, NA, NAA, NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! NOT LISTENING.

Sucking up soup now. . . .
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Rooftop
#97 Posted : 4/2/2011 9:38:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We'll all be OK as long as the Juarez cartel gets it's money by friday...
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!

idtravlr
#98 Posted : 4/2/2011 9:48:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ragabr wrote:
olympus has gone to prison for drugs.

Yup. He's actually posting from prison currently.
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

idtravlr
#99 Posted : 4/2/2011 9:52:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Man! I was frantically searching the web for glass butt dildos! Had dreams of getting rich off my own GVG factory. You guys built me up only to smash me with my own dreams! Shame on you! Crying or very sad Laughing

BTW Trav - "dildos" is not in the Nexus spell check library. Better add that one. Pleased

Peace,
-idt

I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

alicedee25
#100 Posted : 4/3/2011 9:35:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i still think its a hack, but I for one welcome our new reptilian overloads

«PREV34567NEXT