We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
Posting Etiquette, Post Structure, and Swimmers Options

antrocles
#41 Posted : 4/22/2009 6:42:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

that dude's rockin' waaaaay too much ego. spice would crush him...
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

VisualDistortion
#42 Posted : 4/22/2009 11:18:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was actually thinkin lance armstrong for the past week too. Don't you speak french antrocles?
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

acolon_5
#43 Posted : 8/14/2009 4:54:30 PM

The Great Namah

Bumping this for any new people that haven't had the time, or taken the time to read this thread.

The posting in one giant block of words makes it VERY hard to read a post, especially if it is a long one.

People, please, if you can, seperate your thoughts and ideas into paragraphs. Even if your spelling and grammar are just horrible (my spelling is atrocious, just terrible) it will be readable...but one giant block of words is almost impossible for me to read through.

The SWIM thing irritates alot of people around here. Some forums insisit that you do use it...it doesn't do anything but make your posts harder to read

SWIMs_TOO_Much wrote:
SWIM found out that if SWIM used more NaOH that the emulsions would go away. SWIM was so happy that SWIM spilled everything on the floor, and since SWIM was wearing socks SWIM got some bad burns on SWIMS's feet. SWIM was sad, but SWIM learned a valuable lesson about playing with SWIM's dangerous chemicals.SWIM-SWIM.

We won't penalize anyone from using it, but it really clutters up a post. You can always put a disclaimer in your signature like many of us do. It offers the same legal protection as using SWIM...almost none.

Thank you!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

corridors of my cells
#44 Posted : 9/7/2009 11:56:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lol nice point u got there Smile better to use "sum1" as its short Razz or may be einstein, or vivaldi ya .. hahaha.. yea this swim thing started to glitch my eyes, Razz everytime i see it i think its a hyperlink to a useful address at first lol..

smokeydaze
#45 Posted : 9/7/2009 1:34:41 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

or just say I..
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Phlux-
#46 Posted : 9/7/2009 2:05:07 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

I finally took the time to read this thread and im glad i did.

I always block up my text and ignore basic english punctuation rules.

Il try get that sorted out.

Also i will try not to use SWIM.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

ohayoco
#47 Posted : 9/7/2009 3:27:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I actually like it how the ayawaska forums talk about "The Dreamer". The Dreamer sound like a far more responsible character than that foolish SWIM who seems to get him/herself in all sorts of predicaments on other sites! The Dreamer sounds like a psychedelic superhero. I shall now refer to the wonderful people who inspire me to roleplay on here as The Dreamer.

The Dreamer has four big pots on his hotpates right now, one of chacruna, one of ayawaska, and one wash of each reducing, and a lovely jungle smell surrounds him Smile

I gave up talking about a foaf and friends and my uncle's friends of friends etc because it got confusing and irritating to me, far more so than SWIM. Sometimes when people talk about a friend I'm not sure if they're talking about a trusted, responsible person like The Dreamer's actions, whose opinions I would give credit, or just reciting heresay and rumours from any old acquaintance.

P.s. if the Nexus is anti-SWIM, why is the term given 'authority' by being automatically capitalised and underlined? I would say you should stop doing that if you don't want people using it, because it makes it look like the official term to newbies.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Beloved Child
#48 Posted : 3/30/2010 5:07:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree that SWIM isn't fooling anybody. It is really annoying when you are reading and someone has dispersed SWIM a million times in their post.

If someone is really worried about incriminating themselves, I think that a note at the beginning or as a signature of some sort is enough.

~BC

ghostman
#49 Posted : 3/30/2010 5:50:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beloved Child wrote:
I agree that SWIM isn't fooling anybody. It is really annoying when you are reading and someone has dispersed SWIM a million times in their post.

If someone is really worried about incriminating themselves, I think that a note at the beginning or as a signature of some sort is enough.

~BC

Oh dear.

I made the mistake of raising this matter recently. It really ruffled a few feathers, in fact we ended up getting the mediators in and a bus full of hippies had to come on over and instigate a group hug.

If SWIM was SWIM, SWIM would tread very lightly when it comes to using SWIM, know what SWIM means?

Peace and Love, SWIM.
Peace in mind, Love in heart

gammagore
#50 Posted : 3/30/2010 5:52:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

haha, a sence of dejavu here. I remember that one ghostman.

Pokey
#51 Posted : 3/30/2010 8:52:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh damn...

I never learned how to SWIM...

I'm screwed.

Pokey

ghostman
#52 Posted : 3/30/2010 9:12:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I ask Traveler nicely, do you think he would change my name from Ghostman to SWIM?
Peace in mind, Love in heart

SnozzleBerry
#53 Posted : 3/30/2010 9:26:32 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

You gotta SWIM,
SWIM for your life,
SWIM for the music,
That saves you,
When you're not so sure you'll survive,
You gotta SWIM,
And SWIM when it hurts,
The whole world is watching,
You haven't come this far,
To fall off the earth,

The currents will pull you,
Away from your love,
Just keep your head above,

I found a tidal wave,
Begging to tear down the dawn,
Memories like bullets,
They fired at me from a gun,
Cracking the armor yeah,
I SWIM for brighter days,
Despite the absence of sun,
Choking on salt water,
I'm not giving in,
SWIM,

You gotta SWIM,
For nights that won't end,
SWIM for your families,
Your lovers your sisters,
And brothers and friends,
Yeah, you gotta SWIM,
For wars without cause,
SWIM for the lost politicians,
Who don't see their greed as a flaw,

The currents will pull us,
Away from our love,

I found a tidal wave,
Begging to tear down the dawn,
Memories like bullets,
They fired at me from a gun,
Cracking the armor yeah,
I SWIM for brighter days,
Despite the absence of sun,
Choking on salt water,
I'm not giving in,
Well I'm not giving in,
SWIM

You gotta SWIM,
SWIM in the dark,
There's no shame in drifting,
Feel the tide shifting and wait for the spark,
Yeah you gotta SWIM,
Don't let yourself sink,
Just find the horizon,
I promise you it's not as far as you think,
The currents will drag us away from our love,

SWIM,
SWIM,
SWIM,
SWIM.

Sorry, couldn't resist. A roomie was playing this the other day and I couldn't think about how funny this would be given the forum usage of SWIM. BC, your post gave me the opportunity to unleash this depravity, and for that I thank you.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

NoName
#54 Posted : 6/10/2010 3:19:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ho hum... Rolling eyes

Afraid I just assumed that because I had seen SWIM used in the forum a fair amount, and because it gets underlined and a link to the acronym definition put in when you use it that it was expected... So I've used it in a few of my posts (which I will probably go back and edit - I agree that it is a fairly silly acronym generally, and gets way over used on many forums...) Might swap it for "the pipe", as it will save me a too extensive editing problem Cool .

Wholeheartedly agree on the use of real grammar and making posts readable too - I usually end up going cross eyed and spinning the mouse wheel in defence when I come across posts with no punctuation and bad grammar...

If the purpose of posting to forums is helping one another become more informed or enlightened (on whatever subject - talking generally about forums here), then why make the information you're sharing difficult to read or decode?

Been back and edited all the SWIM's now though Cool ...

OK. So who put a stop payment on my reality check?

mattritt
#55 Posted : 12/1/2010 6:22:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MR.shroom wrote:

if swim is as guilty has a it can be , why don't
we lock up the forum so no-one can google it up
, or only allow to see the forum thru sign in , so anyone coming from outside can't see "zit" of what's going on inside
, in other forums i am in ,
you can google it up ,
but when you press the link it redirects you to the sign in page ,
so no free-bies unless you sign up ,
and to even that it would be best to only allow certain forums depending on your post rank ,
and if they actually count has posts .
i could go on forever describing security possibilities .

I've felt this should be the case for awhile now. It would just make things more low key. As much as I feel this information should be out there, I also feel we should keep some things hidden away from the public at large. Things should be available to those who seek them, those on the correct path. But obscured from the eyes of the casual observer. This I feel would tighten the security here and make us feel more safe. I feel access to the chat should be withheld till people are full members aswell. Just for safety purposes. Theres alot of information provided on this site thats less than legal, and I feel we should treat it as such. Though we arent doing it ourselves, some may think that we are. This could lead us down roads we'd rather not travel.

Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

Electric.Sight
#56 Posted : 12/1/2010 9:18:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm too new to really have a say in this lol but I do like that idea.^^^^

Not a private forum, but just un-viewable if you don't create an account or sign in first.
I think that would prevent the random web viewer from stumbling upon extractions and the like. DMT NEXUS sounds pretty innocent to people not in the "know".
Most people not knowing what it was would likely turn away. People genuinely interested have likely already done some of their own research and will know what DMT NEXUS means.

It may help limit the traffic to only those truly interested and ready to discover the information this site holds.
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

alzabo
#57 Posted : 12/1/2010 11:50:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I probably never would have registered.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Kookaburra
#58 Posted : 3/20/2011 9:38:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with what others have said, that de-hyperlinking the word to an official description might help to discourage use.
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

Laban Shrewsbury III
#59 Posted : 5/27/2011 3:03:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

alzabo wrote:
I probably never would have registered.

Nor I. This community's trend towards exclusion and elitism is becoming increasingly rank.

mattritt wrote:
Theres alot of information provided on this site thats less than legal, and I feel we should treat it as such.

Nothing on this site is illegal. It's information. Possession of the substances discussed may be illegal in certain countries, but the information pertaining to their use can be read freely by anyone.

The only significant barrier to doing so, it seems, is the insidious zealotry of self-righteous Nexians who have apparently elected themselves lifelong guardians of the Secret Knowledge That Must Not Be Shared.

Shameful.
Sometimes I believe that this less material life is our truer life, and that our vain presence on the terraqueous globe is itself the secondary or merely virtual phenomenon.

Ellis D'Empty
#60 Posted : 5/27/2011 3:16:55 AM

Snirfneblin

Wow... I'm pretty sure I said something like this in my introduction speech... no one read it Sad

Yes I think everyone who is 'promoted' should at least learn to separate their ideas, and at least use some common sense in their replies. Although not everyone visiting the Nexus specializes in English...
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

PREV12345NEXT