We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Elemi Booster? Options

Madcap
#21 Posted : 3/4/2011 5:22:34 PM

illudium Q-36

I've taken elemi oil... I've taken elemi extracted with dmso... I've taken the "xtreme" elemi extract available.

Elemi oil... nothing
DMSO... may have felt something ( I smoke / eat / vape mj so.... theres always a chance there was some synergy or placebo ) but, dmso leaches out through your skin and I smelled terrible the next day.... twice.

Elemi extreme... I took this with mescaline with a friend... we both at the time thought it was adding something pleasant to the trip. Later, we decided that it could have easily been placebo.... because we on mescaline already.

I have had another bottle of extreme sitting here for months. It doesn't call to me at all.

If I had the booster I would probably try it out. Unless that booster is bangarang, I doubt you'll be overwhelmed. I seriously doubt you will feel much at all.

I really wanted it it to be true, but my brain isn't a "sterile" enough environment to rule out placebo/synergy. And the effects weren't strong enough either.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Wax
#22 Posted : 3/4/2011 5:27:46 PM

LUVR

thanks madcap, from the reports I've been reading it seems like little or no effect that is why I feel comfortable testing it out myself because I really don't think I'm going to fry balls or anything.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Wax
#23 Posted : 3/5/2011 2:11:16 AM

LUVR

Ok here are the results.
0:00- 14 drops elemi booster
0:15- 10 drops elemi x 5 in a veggie cap
1:15- 6 more drops of booster
1:30- 10 more drops elemi x 5 in soymilk
2:00- currently typing this and not feeling a damn thing...

Conclusion: bunk ass shit! Glad I tried it though for my own satisfaction of putting this theory to bed
Now you can all say " I told you so! "Laughing
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

polytrip
#24 Posted : 3/5/2011 8:41:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
benzyme wrote:
never actually tried elemicin, but i can see where people would think it's going to feel like mescaline, they're structurally similar....except elemicin doesn't have an amine group, it's technically not an alkaloid (and I don't know if taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor will do anything to potentiate something that doesn't have an amine).

because of this, it can't be expected to act like traditional psychedelics as a 5HT2a ligand.

i've had a couple tablespoons of raw nutmeg before, i felt really crappy. no visuals like mesc, that's for sure

I haven't tried elemicin either. But i have done nutmeg a few times. I had real psychedelic effects with it, simmilar to those of cannabis. I can't speak of elemicin, but nutmeg realy is more than just an anticholinergic. I wouldn't rate it a first class experience like mescaline or LSD, but it's definately a psychedelic substance.

Madcap
#25 Posted : 3/5/2011 10:21:20 PM

illudium Q-36

whats the approximate amount of elemicin you ingested at each interval?

Im only asking to clarify because most people will be unwilling to repeat this test after your conclusion.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Wax
#26 Posted : 3/6/2011 5:48:31 AM

LUVR

Im not sure the exact amount of elemicin it says 1ml contains 3.5 times the amount of plain elemi oil
So I had 1ml all together and didn't feel even the slightest effect.

oilman
#27 Posted : 8/10/2012 8:26:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shulgin seems to have thought in his 1960's paper on nutmeg that elemicin was one of the more likely active compounds. Nutmeg's action isn't understood, but it does something. Shulgin also states in his paper (available on erowid.org) that elemicin content varies widely with nutmeg, and that may account for the wide range of reported effects. His point being that it's possible that in ground nutmeg, elemicin produces the hallucinogenic effect, and the terpinic fraction of the nutmeg produces the I-have-the-flu effect. If the nutmeg you take has little elemicin, you just get the flu effect. If it has high elemicin content, you get the flu effect plus the hallucinogenic effect.

I tried working this out a while ago but never could. But something I've been wondering - elemicin is hydrophobic. So unless you use a good delivery system, it will never work through ingestion. This is true of dozens of pharms sold at the drug store - without the right delivery system, they wouldn't be absorbed by the body and thus would not work.

If anyone has an elemicin / elemi extract or whatever that you bought on a whim, PM me. I have some ideas about getting it to work, and not with a large dose. I AM NOT ADVOCATING ANYBODY RUN OUT AND BUY THIS. It's uncharted territory, a lot of people have been burned, and I'm not going to tell you that this is the "next big thing, a sure thing," etc. because that would be totally untrue. But I've taken nutmeg that made me totally trip out and it was awesome - so I'd like to see a way to get that consistently.

That's my motivation. This thread has been dead for a while - feel free to make another one but in the interest of the greater good you can just PM me and we'll do it off the board for a while. Again, only if you still have the extract lying around! Don't buy it if you don't already have it!

christian
#28 Posted : 8/10/2012 8:33:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sounds very oil- slick to me....... WATCH out..... Laughing
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

oilman
#29 Posted : 8/10/2012 8:47:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love your enthusiasm. If you don't like what I said, take it up with Shulgin!

christian
#30 Posted : 8/10/2012 9:03:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

got some eliemin oil, not in rush to use.com Laughing
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

soulfood
#31 Posted : 8/10/2012 9:26:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Sounds like its time to get grimey. Funky-burp style!

christian
#32 Posted : 8/10/2012 9:54:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

elemi sounds like some pple are bored.... drink moar aya!!Laughing

oilman
#33 Posted : 8/10/2012 11:31:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

boredom motivates most of my activities Big grin

and ps. the funky burps means that there are absorption problems. maybe dissolve in vegetable glycerin or ethanol first and see if you still get the burps ...

christian
#34 Posted : 8/10/2012 11:44:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WILL TRY. thanx

entheogenadvocate
#35 Posted : 8/11/2012 5:10:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:

I have nothing really of value currently to add to this thread, but I just had to say that this had me laughing like crazy.
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

rOm
#36 Posted : 8/11/2012 11:32:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

about oils.
While some do have psychoactive properties, the effects aren't really stable or magic or grandiose..
It is nice to have three absynth oil drops with a beer, it does add some stoney feeling, okay.
Now it's nowhere near Entheogens, in comparaison, oils are just toy. beside to stay safe with doses, you will only have threshold effect if any. I don't think taking ml of essential oil is safe, or recommended to be honest.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

oilman
#37 Posted : 8/12/2012 8:28:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

something that I'm working on rOm is an electronic cigarette (vapor cigarette) that would vaporize a compound like elemicin. the elemicin would be dissolved in either vegetable glycerin or propelyne glycol, added to the vapor cartridge, and vaporized/inhaled. if it works, and shulgin was right about active doses of elemicin, then you would only need between 50-75 mg to get an active dose. a threshold dose would be less than that, but i have no idea how much less. if i succeed i'll start another thread.

I want to stress that I'm NOT trying to get people to buy stuff. quite a few shady characters have wrecked development and research on elemicin because they were trying to turn a buck.

christian: i tried the vegetable glycerin idea and ingested, it didn't really work so don't waste your time or product!

PREV12