We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Where are we at a grass tek? Options

jamie
#61 Posted : 9/18/2011 4:24:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I am in the middle of a tek..the tea is sitting in my fridge I have just been side tracked by all these other things I am doing..

and when I am done I will test it on myself..that is something that I do not see enough of to be honest..alot of people do extractions..end up with a goo or whatever..some even xtals but never ever really bioassay it.

Long live the unwoke.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ginkgo
#62 Posted : 9/18/2011 5:24:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I am in the middle of a tek..the tea is sitting in my fridge I have just been side tracked by all these other things I am doing..

and when I am done I will test it on myself..that is something that I do not see enough of to be honest..alot of people do extractions..end up with a goo or whatever..some even xtals but never ever really bioassay it.

That's great! Please provide as much information as you can, about the species/variant used, how the tek was done and what the end-product was, and of course how the effects were. Great work mate! Smile

dreamer042
#63 Posted : 9/18/2011 6:06:32 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

okay grass has too much fats and chlorophyll to go straight to base, we know this

A traditional a/b is tedious and wasteful... You make an acidified soup of your grass you use lots and lots and lots of solvent trying to defat large amounts of grass, then you basify and pull likely still ending up with some goo as a result.

Alternative 1:
B/A/B
Start by going straight to base, evap up the solvent for a fatty/chlorophyll goo product. Now you add acid water to the goo, and defat with just a tiny bit of solvent, then you can basify and pull for your product. You use much less solvent defatting a few grams of goo as opposed to hundreds of grams of grass. Simple economics, less wasted solvent = better way to go.

Example 1:
Make a grass tea, base with lye to ph 13. pull with xylene. Evap up xylene for goo. Dissolve goo in vinegar, Defat a couple times with a small amount of xylene. Base with lye to ph 13. pull into xylene and Evap off xylene for full spectrum freebase alks or pull into naptha and freezer precip for (theoretically) pure spice.

Alternative 2:
Salt
Instead of evapping your straight to base solvent you can salt out to acetates or fumerates, this has close to the same effect as doing an a/b without all the tedious defatting of large amounts of grass since the fats will stay in the solvent and the alks will migrate to the acid layer. You can then proceed to mini a/b on the alkaloid salts or just convert directly to freebase for a full spectrum product.

Example 2:
Make a grass tea, base with lye to ph 13. Pull with limonine. Combine limonine and pull a few times with vinegar or fasw. Evap off vinegar or fumeric water for goo or xtals respectively. You can then proceed to to the mini a/b from above for (theoretically) pure spice, or you can drytek the goo/xtals with sodium carbonate or lime and pull into acetone then evap the acetone for full spectum freebase or pull with naptha and freezer precip for (theoretically) pure spice.

As per eco-friendly tek:
Do a limtek basing with lime, pulling into limonine and salting to acetate with vinegar or fumerates with fumeric acid. Then do a sodium carbonate conversion in water. This will give a full spectrum freebase product however and other alks such as gramine will likely be present. (vegetable oil may be able to used in place of limonine here making it a true grocery store tek)

Hope that all makes sense
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

amor_fati
#64 Posted : 9/18/2011 7:58:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

dreamer042 wrote:
okay grass has too much fats and chlorophyll to go straight to base, we know this

So does cactus, right? That's what's beautiful about limtek. Seemingly, the lime/plant matter dough either traps or somehow breaks down fats and whatnot. I could be mistaken on this.

Jorkest
#65 Posted : 9/18/2011 12:53:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

what i have been working on is STB, pulling with dlimo...and then i use FASI to precipitate the dmt out of the dlimo...acting as a very efficient defatting step...then from there you can freebase it using the water recrystallization technique..so the only chemicals you use is dlimonene, sodium hydroxide, fumaric acid, and sodium carbonate..

it's a sound

«PREV234