We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678
*Water Only* Tek -- work in progress Options

Jin
#141 Posted : 12/10/2013 1:08:25 PM

yes

ok so idea #2 does not work , thanks brotherThumbs up

so is idea #1 good to go ?

does this mean we can get jam from vinegar and sodium carbonate

it would be awesome if we could avoid lye and non-polars and go straight to jam

also from what i've been reading dmt acetate can be converted to freebase by simple heat so a simple straight to jam tek could go like this

boil mimosa with vinegar
filter the mimosa
defat with veg oil
evap the dmt acetate soution to sludge
mix sodium carbonate and yessssssssssssssssssssssss

only question will the dmt acetate solution be able to tolerate heat while boiling down to sludge ?(perhaps yes)

this will be very safe and no loss of yeild considering the acetic acid used in the first step

this could be perfect for micro extractions on a few grams of phyllodes to get a smokable jam/enhanced leaf easily in a few hours for few doses without the hassle of buying lye or nonpolars or doing a large extraction to save time , this in itself seems like an environment friendly policy
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dooby
#142 Posted : 12/10/2013 2:14:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why the desire to avoid NaOH? Availability issues? I mean, NaOH can be food-safe as well and it would form the equally food-safe sodium citrate when used in a citric acid extraction - but I assume sodium acetate would be equally food-safe in a vinegar extraction... Basefying with NaOH would also allow for a much faster process as no evaporation would be required - evapping vinegar takes a long, long time even when using heat baths/ventilation...

My next experiment might be cold citric acid soak (or 3 freeze thaw cycles), let organics settle, decant (filtering optional?), base with lye, then water crystallisation, then optional clean-up?

Regarding your idea #1 I think you should check pH regularly if you'll be doing vinegar boils... Heat breaks down acetic acid bonds and some (I don't know how much) of your vinegar will evaporate, thus affecting the pH of your solution, and also the amount of acetic left to form dmt-acetate - any dmt that is not acetate-inated will remain in its natural salt form, whatever that may be (presumably dmt-tannate) but I'm not sure if or how this would affect your extraction/yield/purity...

The above is what I believe to be true but I don't necessarily have all the knowledge to back it up Pleased lol
My avatar was taken from google images and is actually a work of art by NEIL GIBSON, credit where credit is due!

Bodies don't have souls - souls have bodies

Old enough to know better, young enough to try again

dooby
#143 Posted : 12/10/2013 11:43:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dooby wrote:

My next experiment might be cold citric acid soak (or 3 freeze thaw cycles), let organics settle, decant (filtering optional?), base with lye, then water crystallisation, then optional clean-up?

Aborted the attempt... Even a filtered acidic solution contains too many "unknowns" - even if crystals would form it would be very hard to retrieve them from the solution... A better filter or filtration method might do the trick... I may get back to this when I'm better equipped...

lol, I knew this was too easy to work Pleased it was fun trying though
My avatar was taken from google images and is actually a work of art by NEIL GIBSON, credit where credit is due!

Entheogenerator
#144 Posted : 12/11/2013 6:46:57 AM

Homo discens

Jin wrote:
also from what i've been reading dmt acetate can be converted to freebase by simple heat so a simple straight to jam tek could go like this

boil mimosa with vinegar
filter the mimosa
defat with veg oil
evap the dmt acetate soution to sludge
mix sodium carbonate and yessssssssssssssssssssssss

I'm not following you. Are you suggesting that a person just adds sodium carbonate to the mixture, and then just ingests the mixture as is? Personally, I'd rather use lye and nonpolar solvents to create a clean final product than ingest a bunch of sodium carbonate...
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

DreaMTripper
#145 Posted : 12/11/2013 9:04:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could boil down add vinegar, as you go, filter, then defat then boil down then defat then boil down defat again then boil down to go and maybe one more defat before adding sodium carbonate to freebase.
Then using micro filters you could rinse the sodium carbonate out with basic salty water through the filters leaving the dmt freebase..
Would only be beneficial on a known quality batch and you would be left with some polar and vinegar gunk but hopefuly not much. With phyllodes the gums would be still in the extract and stop any vapourising or crystallizing so this tek couldnt be used mhrb would be ok.

dooby
#146 Posted : 12/11/2013 11:53:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
You could boil down add vinegar as you go then defat then boil down then defat then boil down defat again then boil down to go and maybe one more defat before adding sodium carbonate to freebase.
Then using micro filters you could rinse the sodium carbonate out with basic salty water through the filters leaving the dmt freebase..
Would only be beneficial on a known quality batch and you would be left with some polar and vinegar gunk but hopefuly not much. With phyllodes the gums would be still in the extract and stop any vapourising or crystallizing so this tek couldnt be used mhrb would be ok.

Basic salty water? Wouldn't the salt also create the water-soluble dmt-hydrochloride thus negatively affecting the experiments outcome?

Infundibulum
#147 Posted : 12/11/2013 12:32:40 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

^No, never

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

mew
#148 Posted : 12/14/2013 5:08:21 PM

huachumancer

when mew suggested this idea he was told that the oils in the tea would stop the dmt from precipitating cleanly due to their emulsive nature…..

whoever spake this unto mew seems most correct after all, however

lets modify a bit.

i use a pinch of fumaric acid when spicing
doing a tea, super purified/decanted tea (as pure a solution as possible, i spend a few weeks decanting sometimes)

evaporate down until its noticeably more viscous than water, add strong basic solution slowly to neutralize acids and freebase spice

the clouded milky emulsion might separate with a bit of heat and agitation *washing machine top*
would suggest doing this in a wide mouth container or pie dish to allow maximum surface area so you don't inadvertently capture basic solution from rapid precipitation

the spice will be suspended like a drop of still warm candle wax on water, using a toothpick/lab spatula, start collecting the homophobic goo. take goo put onto another pie pan, spread it thin, let it xtalize. wash with minimal ice cold h20, this can be done a few times for purity.

for swim the only snafu in this is if swims idea effectively separates fb from basic solution

DreaMTripper
#149 Posted : 12/14/2013 8:33:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Or once you have goo acetate etc add sodium carbonate place in microfilters seal filter somehow and submerge in salty cold basic water so the excess sc dissolves and gets filtered leaving freebase alkaloids..

embracethevoid
#150 Posted : 7/9/2014 7:20:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is this not possible? What if someone's pet dragon did a bunch of acid boils on some mhrb, then collected the boils together, allowed insolubles to fall out then basified with lye and washed out soluble impurities - you would end up with very clean spice at the bottom/top of a jar full of clean water. What obstacles stand in the way of this, I'm assuming that people have tried it before and found it not to work?

Another similar route would be to run a STB, pull the naptha but instead of freeze precip, add to another jar with water, acidify (discarding oily naphtha), fb once more with lye then wash out all the lye - leaving pure fb spice in a solution of water. Skip out freeze precip: again, any obstacles?

Ideally the target is to end up with spice precip in water.

SnozzleBerry
#151 Posted : 7/9/2014 7:43:09 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Ice House wrote:
Well I just thought I would wrap this thread up with a final posting. I took the crust off the top rinsed it well with cold water. I had what looked to be nice clear crystals in the bottom of the glass. I let the crystals sit in the cold water all night. the next morning when I woke up the crystals were gone. They had obviouslt dissolved. whatever that crust was on top it was NOT freebase DMT. I took the water and evaped it and there was a tan resdidue on the bottom of the evap dish. It didnt dmell like DMT.

I have seen lots of folks post info on this tek. I have yet to have one person post what they did, the results they retreived using this tek, and a bio-assay report.

I am done screwing around with this one.

IMO anyone out there who did this water tek got, basically, the same results I did.

Unless someone out there can convince me otherwise.

I'm gonna call this myth BUSTED!

Source
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

«PREV678