We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV232425
Bufotenine Extraction Options

fraterS.O.L.
#481 Posted : 11/2/2010 5:49:07 PM

Bill Nye

Pharmanopo-Psychonautics:Human Intranasal, Sublingual, Intrarectal, Pulmonaryand Oral Pharmacology of Bufotenineby Jonathan Ott wrote:
ISOLATION AND PURIFICATION OF BUFOTENINE FREE-BASECoarse-ground powder of 125g of seeds of A. colubrina var. Cebil was stirred twice for eight hours in 500 ml of 96% ethanol 1% tartaric acid, the combined filtrates concentrated to 150 ml and diluted with 200 ml water in a separatory-funnel, causing precipitation of considerable fat. The pH was adjusted to 3-4 with concentrated hydrochloric acid, and the solution defatted by shaking six times with chloroform, which was set aside. The defatted extract was basified to pH 8-9 with ammonium hydroxide, then again extracted eight times with 200 ml chloroform; the combined chloroform extracts were concentrated to a foamy, yellowish oil that dissolved completely in 50 ml hot ethyl acetate, then concentrated to 15 ml and refrigerated overnight. In the morning there were a brace of minuscule rosettes of dark-brownish crystals
"Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down,
This is so real
Like the time Dave floated away
See my heart is pounding
'Cause this **** never happens to me!"
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

fraterS.O.L.
#482 Posted : 11/2/2010 5:57:00 PM

Bill Nye

Pharmanopo-Psychonautics:Human Intranasal, Sublingual, Intrarectal, Pulmonaryand Oral Pharmacology of Bufotenineby Jonathan Ott wrote:
...growing at the base of the flask, which was alternated between periods under refrigeration and standing unstoppered at room temperature during 48 hours, leading to the formation of large masses (some greater than 1cm) of dark-brownish, prismatic crystals. The mother-liquor was decanted and the crystalline mass rinsed with cold ethyl acetate dried over magnesium sulfate, then dried under reduced pressure to yield 4.1 g of large, free-flowing, sparkling brownish crystals. These were twice recrystallized from dry ethyl acetate, yielding 3.87 g of off-white bufotenine free-base crystals (3. 10%), m.p. 125-126' C.
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

ANYTHING I POST ONLY TOOK PLACE IN REALMS OF PURE IDEA AND THOUGHT, ANY PICTURES I POST ARE STRAIGHT FROM GOOGLE IMAGES. ANY AND ALL PROCESSES I CLAIM TO CARRY OUT HAVE NOT ACTUALLY OCCURRED IN PHYSICAL REALITY, AND THEREFORE VIOLATE NO PHYSICAL LAW. WHEN SUCH THINGS ARE BANNED FROM THOUGHT I WILL CEASE TO CARRY THEM OUT EVEN IN THE ETHER.

fraterS.O.L.
#483 Posted : 11/2/2010 6:03:46 PM

Bill Nye

I have ethyl acetate and can easily get the HCl. Could the tartaric acid be replaced by HCl? I'm guessing yes but how much should be used? If nobody has done this before I guess I will just have to give it a shot
This is so real
See my heart is pounding
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

Xt
#484 Posted : 1/31/2011 11:42:28 PM

Has anyone tried Limo salting basified Cebil extractions?

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

soulfood
#485 Posted : 1/31/2011 11:58:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

xtechre wrote:
Has anyone tried Limo salting basified Cebil extractions?

I'm not sure I get this as freebase bufotenine isn't soluble in limonene anyways so you can really get it in there in the first place unless you heat it a fair bit. Even then if you salted the alkaloids out, the toxins will come out too.

Limonene may work in place of naphtha for changing the polarity of acetone containing cebil alkaloids though.

Xt
#486 Posted : 2/1/2011 10:35:22 AM

Thanks SF.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Xt
#487 Posted : 5/10/2011 9:40:12 AM

So am i right in assuming freebase bufotenine is not soluble in water? Thus the basified paste method? Is this why Calcium hydroxide is use as a base? If freebase bufotenine is water soluble then we could precede as a regular liquid liquid extraction?

― Terence McKenna

soulfood
#488 Posted : 5/10/2011 2:02:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Freebase bufontenine is quite water soluble, but not as soluble as bufo fumarate/citrate, hence why the paste method works.

You'd have to use a hella strong solvent like DCM or chloroform if performing a liquid extraction and defat into infinity. I've tried some liquid extractions on cebil and they didn't go too well.

Hiei
#489 Posted : 1/15/2012 10:52:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all Smile

I wonder about how much yield of 5-ho-dmt you get from 100g of vilca seeds using this tek?

And what is a standard dose? wikipedia says its active from 2mg+, but this doesnt say much to me.

odd enough, I cant find this info anywhere.

thank you very much!

PS: Ive just seen this is quite a bump! is there a more up to date topic on bufo extraction?

EDIT: checked the nexus WIki just now! says 50g will produce around 1g bufo, so its 2% yield.

NOTHING ABOUT DOSAGES, THOUGH !

2edit: found the dosage info here: it's a brief and clarifying comparison of DMT, 5-MEO-DMT and 5-HO-DMT by 69ron. THUMBS UP. Cool

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1957

reflexion
#490 Posted : 1/17/2013 4:08:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pardon me gentlemen, I don't mean to interrupt the discussion, but I am looking for a good source of these seeds
Any help would be appreciated

AlbertKLloyd
#491 Posted : 1/28/2013 7:18:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

reflexion wrote:
Pardon me gentlemen, I don't mean to interrupt the discussion, but I am looking for a good source of these seeds
Any help would be appreciated

Goooooooogggglllleee
anadenanthera seeds for sale

jamie
#492 Posted : 1/28/2013 7:38:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I just want to add this post here for others to see becasue I basically promoted the tryptamine so much in the past and so I feel responsible let people know my take on it at this time..I have taken this tryptamine more than probly most people out there in the psych world and so I feel like I know it well.

I dont think bufotenine is necessarily a healthy tryptamine to be ingesting. I dont know if I will ever take the stuff again. I took it a lot in the past but my personal feeling at this point is that with the availability of DMT and psilocin/cybin I just have no desire to this chemical again. It is very visionary, but it also feels horribly toxic and the level of constriction present makes me sort or wonder about people with heart problems or already have high blood pressure issues..

Please people just be careful with this alkaloid. It's a really painful experience for me at this point to eve ingest the stuff and last time I did I concluded that it really feels like a toxin to me. Im not saying dont take it..becasue I experimented with it very heavily at one point in very large doses..Im just saying be cautious..this stuff is not DMT.
Long live the unwoke.

Phlux-
#493 Posted : 1/30/2013 1:02:47 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

i must admit my experience with bufo has been totally different to jamies
when its clean and freshly reduced there is no toxic feelings what so ever
rough approaches will not provide the desired effect - but if one cleans it up well its a lovely experience from start to finish
the oxide is nasty as hell and causes nausea
imo ppl are not reducing or cleaning bufo enough - the xtals should be clear or white and of good geometry - no color, ethyl acetate is about the best way to achieve it easily

i rate it up there with the best of em - mesc, bufo, spice, and mushies
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Brennendes Wasser
#494 Posted : 2/13/2019 8:56:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Hi there!

Our great Member 69ron also had an Account at the shroomery and there he stated this line:

Quote:
Bufotenine is soluble in both acidic water and alkaline water (see the Merck Index). That is why it can be extracted from DCM using pH 10 water. It’s very soluble in it. DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and the majority of the other compounds that are supposed to be present will stay in the DCM after the pH 10 water washes.

Well this sounds extremely nice, meaning that you could purify the Bufotenin out of your water phase (there are some steps that involve using water as the liquid of that step, so I guess you could do exactly this at 1 or more steps).

Now no other TEK mentions this and I also did not see him here talk about this, so this already is a strange sign.

But the worst sign is:

Doesnt everywhere get stated that at pH 10 Bufotenin is INSOLUBLE in water?

For example here at the *no smell* TEK at step 8. Bufotenin crash out after you dissolved the fumarate in water and basify it, forming a *caramel clump*.

Quote:
Add enough water (about 50 ml) to dissolve the bufotenine fumarate then add about a gram of sodium carbonate powder directly to this solution. Like magic a caramel coloured lump of freebase bufotenine will form.

I mean - yes - it is already far more polar than Spice. But how can this well accepted and repeated TEK tell it is insoluble?

And even IF it would be soluble, I guess that between a mixture or DCM and pH 10 water most should stay in the DCM by far. I mean this sounds as if you would throw water on it and 90 % get into the water and 10 % stay in the DCM. But IMO Bufotenin looks far more to be soluble in DCM.

I know it's all about to be tested, but I do not have enough seeds to try it ...

Maybe someone else has an opinion on this?

dragonrider
#495 Posted : 2/13/2019 9:21:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
I just want to add this post here for others to see becasue I basically promoted the tryptamine so much in the past and so I feel responsible let people know my take on it at this time..I have taken this tryptamine more than probly most people out there in the psych world and so I feel like I know it well.

I dont think bufotenine is necessarily a healthy tryptamine to be ingesting. I dont know if I will ever take the stuff again. I took it a lot in the past but my personal feeling at this point is that with the availability of DMT and psilocin/cybin I just have no desire to this chemical again. It is very visionary, but it also feels horribly toxic and the level of constriction present makes me sort or wonder about people with heart problems or already have high blood pressure issues..

Please people just be careful with this alkaloid. It's a really painful experience for me at this point to eve ingest the stuff and last time I did I concluded that it really feels like a toxin to me. Im not saying dont take it..becasue I experimented with it very heavily at one point in very large doses..Im just saying be cautious..this stuff is not DMT.

For me, it has most value as a little something extra, on top of a mushroom, ayahuasca or LSD trip. You don't realy need that much of it then.
I use very small amounts of yopo as a booster for visuals. Very effective, with very little side-effects.

«PREV232425