We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Joe Rogan good or bad? Options

soulfood
#21 Posted : 2/3/2011 9:01:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
DMT already has a bad name.

Not in my books

Yeah I think it's catchy. Like CK one.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

seven7seven
#22 Posted : 2/3/2011 9:04:58 AM

Stewie

soulfood wrote:
obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
DMT already has a bad name.

Not in my books

Yeah I think it's catchy. Like CK one.

LOL
Laughing Laughing

Mindlusion
#23 Posted : 2/3/2011 12:25:48 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

DMT is growing, more and more people are learning about it everyday.

As Terrence Mckenna said: "How can it be kept secret?"
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

benzyme
#24 Posted : 2/3/2011 4:17:09 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

۩ wrote:
Joe Rogan is no more my spokesperson than Jesus is.

same.

i'd rather have steve-o as a spokeperson, and that's not saying much.
It's a sad state of affairs when you look up to Joe Rogan as a spokesperson.
His half-wit fans claim he's intelligent. I've heard some insightful spewings from his mouth, but no more insightful than anything i've heard from anyone who's frequented reddit.

a lot of nexus members are much brighter than your typical rogan fan. saying he's our spokeperson is borderline insulting.
but i suppose that's people being fixated with 'celebrities'
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

ragabr
#25 Posted : 2/3/2011 5:30:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
saying he's our spokeperson is borderline insulting.

Yup. Nothing against the man himself, though.

Why would DMT possibly need a spokesperson?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

xebiche
#26 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:01:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Like him or not. By definition alone. He is the spokesperson. Without him we would all still be a bunch of undergrounders with less and slower developing numbers. Hating on Rogan is an Elitist sentiment.

He is not trying to expalin DMT to the masses persay.
Think of him as a potent vehicle for AWARENESS.
Strassman Vouches for him.

The single best thing one can do with thier knowledge of DMT is Share it.

Honor The Game And It Will Honor You Back

ragabr
#27 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:20:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

By definition:
wikipedia wrote:
someone engaged or elected to speak on behalf of others.

He hasn't been engaged or elected.
xebiche wrote:
Without him we would all still be a bunch of undergrounders with less and slower developing numbers. Hating on Rogan is an Elitist sentiment.

You say both of these things like they're bad. No one has hated on Rogan at all in this thread.
xebiche wrote:
Think of him as a potent vehicle for AWARENESS.
What?
xebiche wrote:
Strassman Vouches for him.
Who cares? Sounds like more of the celebrity fixation benzyme mentioned.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

soulfood
#28 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:25:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'd never heard of Joe Rogan until I came to this forum.

I guess he's probably most responsible for making a lot of run of the mill stoners scare themselves.

Guagua
#29 Posted : 2/3/2011 6:38:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
Guagua wrote:
my bro tried changa in OZ 5 years back and tried to explain it to me but it wasnt till i heard Joe Rogan's take about it that i really became interested. for me, this is a good thing Pleased

Why did you choose to listen to Joe Rogan but not your own brother?

Haha, Its not like i didnt listen to him. we were both travlling, hadnt seen each other in a year, met up for a week in malaysia and it came up over some spicy pork and deep-fried cockroach. Its more that he himself wasnt quite sure about what it was. he said they smoked it in a pipe, it set on really fast, he wasnt sure if he was breathing or not and there were multicolour travelators made from light beams. im sure you've all talked to people about dmt with out them really getting it.. he no more information than the letters DMT, and the intensity of what hit him. he mentioned people going somehwere and reptile like creatures asking the how they got there and your not supposed to be here. he said, 'it sounds really interesting though, look it up on the internet or something'

Hallucinogenics other than mushrooms wernt really on my radar especially in the sense of it being part of the bigger package of mind expansion and self exploration (which were) Joe Rogan's talk basically connected some dots.

Quetzalcoatl supreme letting off steam, Dimethyltryptamine make a man dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW6HVNuJD64

TrustLoveMan
#30 Posted : 2/3/2011 7:06:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I'd never heard of Joe Rogan until I came to this forum.

I guess he's probably most responsible for making a lot of run of the mill stoners scare themselves.

He caused at least a few run of the mill stoners to change their lives in a positive way.
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

benzyme
#31 Posted : 2/3/2011 7:58:53 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

xebiche wrote:
Without him we would all still be a bunch of undergrounders with less and slower developing numbers.

i really wouldn't care, nor would any of the other free-thinkers on here. I've heard about dmt before erowid was formed, way before the former man show host advocated it over the airwaves; some of our members knew about it before it was scheduled in the early 70's.
without him, we'd have a lot less misguided people. it's not elitism, it's the responsibility of
providing accurate information.

some of our members look to more experienced speakers, i.e. Terrence and Dennis; people who've written well
thought out literature, referencing others who've dedicated their lives to research.

"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

polytrip
#32 Posted : 2/3/2011 8:46:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
If a well-known person admits having done DMT, outcome of the question on whether it is harmfull for how people perceive DMT use would be determined by: 1-whether generally people like the person, 2-whether the person could be perceived by some as maybe having brain-damage that could be atributed to substance abuse and 3-whether the general public would bother if this person would end up in jail for possesion of an illegal substance.

If the general public thinks joe rogan is an intelligent man, than this will positively affect their view on psychedelic substances, because their belief that an average persons brain would be fried by a single dose of DMT would then appear to be false.

Consider that the general public's view on psychedelic's is still being determined by the claim that the manson family would have commited murders under the influence of acid, and would have scanded "lSD is cool", while commiting them.

What matters is the intelligence of a 'spokesman', relative to how the main public imagines the typical DMT user. In their view, we're still degenerate hippies who never wash, work, study or engage in real, unimagined and productive activity's, living on crime and welfare.

owsley
#33 Posted : 2/4/2011 8:44:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have no problem with Joe Rogan telling people about DMT, he genuinely seems to have the best of intentions. My only problem is I've heard him in interviews state speculation as fact, for example he says DMT is made in the Pineal gland when he surely should know that's just a theory for the source of endogenous DMT.

As long as he isn't painting DMT in a bad light I see nothing wrong with him telling people about it.
जय गुरुदेव ॐ

GratefulDad
#34 Posted : 2/4/2011 11:51:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Who the hell listen's to Joe Rogan? I was smoking DMT way before anyone cared who he was. Sure it's cool more people are becoming aware of DMT. I don't think he necessarily gives it a bad name. I just wish people would wake up and learn about things for themselves instead of worrying about what some idiot on TV is rambling about..

benzyme
#35 Posted : 2/4/2011 2:59:49 PM

analytical chemist

the day i get my inspiration from a douche is the day ryan seacrest wins the nobel prize for chemistry

Guagua
#36 Posted : 2/4/2011 7:35:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GratefulDad wrote:
I just wish people would wake up and learn about things for themselves instead of worrying about what some idiot on TV is rambling about..

This is a bit of supid comment and frames the 'general' people in a negative way... Someone or something always puts your mind on to new things. whether they are and idiot or not is subjective. how much you choose to take their word for it/find out for yourself is your prerogative and in the balance of your own idiocy.

Whether DMT put you on to Joe Rogan or vise versa its all about where you go after that.

ofcourse if you have been a spice head for years then you have an 'true school' element going on.

benzyme
#37 Posted : 2/4/2011 8:03:38 PM

analytical chemist

*throws the finger to pop culture*

JR can f$%^ off as far as i'm concerned, and take his dimwitted fans with him.
no UFC commentator is my spokesperson for anything inspirational; he may be the idol of fratboy
d-bags, but he sure as hell isn't the spokesperson for DMT.

/rant

that being said, he has some interesting takes on sensory deprivation, and has read some insightful literature on such things.
it's good to see that he is inspired by such metaphysical phenomena Smile

Guagua
#38 Posted : 2/4/2011 8:12:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

haha^brillaint. i actually have no idea who joe rogan is other than a guy that talked about dmt on youtube

benzyme
#39 Posted : 2/4/2011 8:18:07 PM

analytical chemist

the youtube comments from Roganites are less than brilliant.
some of his fans will undoubtedly win a Darwin award from vaping DMT and attempting other bravado-driven activities

some people just look for the rush *shrugs*
good for them, even if it ends up killing them from doing something stupid while under the influence.

Metanoia
#40 Posted : 2/4/2011 8:25:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
JR can f$%^ off as far as i'm concerned, and take his dimwitted fans with him.
no UFC commentator is my spokesperson for anything inspirational; he may be the idol of fratboy
d-bags, but he sure as hell isn't the spokesperson for DMT.

Yes, I'm going there. So your opinion of all UFC fans is that of fratboy douchebags?

There are tons of morons who watch it for the blood and violence, but there is a solid fan base of people who have been watching it since the early 90's (that would be me) who see it for what it is, a competitive sport. The days of people referring to it as "human cock-fights" should be long gone. The UFC is helping to make Mixed Martial Arts a true sport, which I believe will be in the Olympics within the next few decades. It's close-minded comments like yours that keep it from being truly recognized for what it could be, a tool that can actually unite us as humans. Fighting is a universal language that we all speak, no matter how much we deny it.

PREV1234NEXT»