We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV56789NEXT»
Geometry of DMT crystals Options

Purges
#121 Posted : 9/7/2011 2:46:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just made a mess looking at this thread! Wow, I would be happy (more than!) to SMOALK any of those gorgeous puppies! Thanks for sharing! Very happy
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Digi123
#122 Posted : 10/6/2011 10:01:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not a great scientist or anything but from what I've been learning recently it would make sense that the purity would affect the crystal shape.

Crystals are crystals because they are ionically bonded, so the polarity of the atoms means that they line up in a specific way when they are becoming a solid. If you have another substance mixed in with your DMT then this interrupts the normal pattern that the molecules would align themselves, thus giving a different shape?
Joined at the soul with a pair of headphones

In an ocean of music, we move with the flow

You think that's air you're breathing now?

endlessness
#123 Posted : 10/6/2011 10:07:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a very relevant post, with the attachment:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=272525#post272525

mattritt
#124 Posted : 11/26/2011 7:12:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interested in these recrystallization experiments, I think this is my favorite part of the whole extraction watching beautiful crystals explode out of the solvents. So where are we on ideas about these diamonds, should we do this pressure experiment with the cone over it. Also what about this dual solvent thing, sounds very cool if it'd actually work. CAptainfuture, do you have any new ideas on the matter as to what might cause the diamonds? Do you think maybe that if you just keep further refining the shark crystals with multiple re-xstaling that it'll begin to form diamonds. I'm willing to help you run some experiments. Where do your thoughts stand as to reasons the crystals have been forming in certain ways. Any patterns form as to what might lead to what structures. Beautiful work so far, wanna get some poppin like that myself.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

CaptainFuture
#125 Posted : 1/4/2012 4:56:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I finished working on the crystals around last march with the Aceton crystals.
I had pulled so much DMT that I really found its enough.
A lot has happened till then.

In november I started growing mushrooms again and while waiting for the first fruits to come, around xmas I thought since I've always discarded everything left in the bark besides pure DMT, I should try to pull some 'jungle' with left over xylene from a mescaline extraction. So I started again with two 100grs mimosa extractions. One with my usual A/B and one with lime, cause I somehow felt, maybe the diamonds will show up again...

Well and unbelieveable but true- from 500mgs of very very pure white fluffy crystals pulled from the lime-bark I re-crystallized DMT DIAMONDS again!!! (or better put they showed up again)
The white fluffy material I pulled was very pure. They were sparkling and very shiny. So I guess it has something to to with purity of the molecules.
I won't try to repeat anything now, I am working on some Fumarate water crystals and have a lot to do with the mushrooms.

But I had to share the new diamonds, so here's for your pleasure:

I won't say anything more about their magic compared to any other DMT. I admit I was maybe a bit too enthusiastic in those days about them. Over this last year I found that DMT is never the same. Even when you try to repeat all conditions it will turn out totally different.
I stopped smoking at all and I am researching a bit more the experience from snorted Fumarates. It lasts longer and builds up more gradually. Its somehow between smoking and oral use. Two weeks ago we snorted 300mgs Fumarates and was a very, very intense experience.

I've been off the forum since last march. Has anyone ever tried to grow DMT diamonds, too?

Much love, cap
LOVE is all there is.

Aetherius Rimor
#126 Posted : 1/17/2012 6:26:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

CaptainFuture wrote:
burnt wrote:

All this talk about energy being locked up in diamond crystals doesn't make sense.

Well, thats your opinion. There definitely is energy in crystals. F.e. piezo in quartz crystals. Guess why you're CPU works for you?

Eh? A quartz crystal exhibiting a piezoelectric effect is simply a converter of mechanical energy to electric energy or vice versa. It does not store energy. That energy can "store information", but only in the manner that the current flows in an encoded manner that can be decoded into something useful (otherwise it's just noise). Piezoelectric sensor for instance, electric energy is information stating that mechanical force has come into contact with the sensor, potentially with voltage level determining the relative amount of pressure. This is how your scale works.

That's equivalent to saying there is energy locked up in a wind turbine, when in fact it's doing the exact same thing, converting mechanical energy into electric... or in the case of a fan, electric into mechanical.

Hope this doesn't stir up a hornet's nest :/

jamie
#127 Posted : 1/17/2012 6:33:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^well reguardless, crystals do store information, otherwise they would not grow. Sure some people will probably even have problems with that statement but really this comes down to semantics.
Long live the unwoke.

Aetherius Rimor
#128 Posted : 1/17/2012 6:38:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
^well reguardless, crystals do store information, otherwise they would not grow. Sure some people will probably even have problems with that statement but really this comes down to semantics.

Information in that it has a state of matter that can be modeled using data, sure. The location, alignment, and other state related data of all it's atoms/molecular bonds is "information".

That information is detectable by our tactile sense, sight, and various experiments that could be performed on it.

If the information you're referring to is not confirmed or detectable in a reliable manner however... that's a different story, one which is currently an unproven non-scientific hypothesis, and I don't speculate on those matters.

olderROM
#129 Posted : 1/29/2012 8:09:27 AM

Alfred

I'm not sure if this was the best way to post these... most people probably won't have much use for it but it is a hard to find publication related to this topic!

=)
olderROM attached the following image(s):
The Crystal and Molecular Structure of DMT Page 1 of 8.jpg (1,415kb) downloaded 967 time(s).
The Crystal and Molecular Structure of DMT Page 2 of 8.jpg (1,770kb) downloaded 957 time(s).
The Crystal and Molecular Structure of DMT Page 3 of 8.jpg (1,691kb) downloaded 955 time(s).
The Crystal and Molecular Structure of DMT Page 4 of 8.jpg (1,488kb) downloaded 953 time(s).
The Crystal and Molecular Structure of DMT Page 5 of 8.jpg (913kb) downloaded 948 time(s).
The Crystal and Molecular Structure of DMT Page 6 of 8.jpg (1,323kb) downloaded 946 time(s).
The Crystal and Molecular Structure of DMT Page 7 of 8.jpg (1,207kb) downloaded 940 time(s).
The Crystal and Molecular Structure of DMT Page 8 of 8.jpg (1,154kb) downloaded 929 time(s).
All of the posts made are hypothetical and for educatiunal/entertainmint purposes only. SWIM (a fictional chaaracter) and his activities are completely fictional.

olderROM
#130 Posted : 1/29/2012 8:18:11 AM

Alfred

Here is SWIM's most recent crystal. More to come!
olderROM attached the following image(s):
1.JPG (466kb) downloaded 948 time(s).
2.JPG (189kb) downloaded 937 time(s).
All of the posts made are hypothetical and for educatiunal/entertainmint purposes only. SWIM (a fictional chaaracter) and his activities are completely fictional.

Phlux-
#131 Posted : 1/29/2012 1:35:05 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

wow oh wow oh wow - those are some incredible pix
looks like ima have to buy a new camera for this next load of bark Very happy
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
โ€นJorkestโ€บ the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
โ€นxtechreโ€บ cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Phlux-
#132 Posted : 1/29/2012 1:35:46 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

really wow
those are truly some of the best spice pix iv ever seen
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
โ€นJorkestโ€บ the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
โ€นxtechreโ€บ cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

TmC47
#133 Posted : 2/12/2012 8:36:39 PM

Nice guy

Awesome crystals! So beautiful, it hurts.

OlderROM, have been locking yourself in the cellar for 2 and-a-half years? What magic recipe did you come up with to produce those?

Offtopic: Is there a thread on how to make thumbnailed-links to larger pics in the same way CaptainFuture has done in this thread? I would so like that info!
benzyme wrote:
you're preparing drugs, not salad.

olderROM
#134 Posted : 2/15/2012 5:43:25 AM

Alfred

TmC47 wrote:

OlderROM, have been locking yourself in the cellar for 2 and-a-half years? What magic recipe did you come up with to produce those?

Offtopic: Is there a thread on how to make thumbnailed-links to larger pics in the same way CaptainFuture has done in this thread? I would so like that info!

To be honest, those last pictures make the current ones look like a joke.... I still feel like they are rather crude. I plan on making a post sometime in the future detailing at least one purification technique I've developed that I haven't come across anywhere else. There might be a second one but I will have to do more to see.

I have been too busy with life for the last 2.5 years to do the work that needs to be done. I will be taking pictures and documenting the process so others can give it a shot if they so desire.

I haven't kept up to date with what has been going on here... life has been keeping me way too occupied.

TmC47
#135 Posted : 2/15/2012 7:08:50 AM

Nice guy

I know what you mean: life's been giving me a lot of flak the last 3 years, too. But the world is still here, right? Pleased
benzyme wrote:
you're preparing drugs, not salad.

Rob42oiam
#136 Posted : 7/29/2012 6:11:01 AM

Rob42o

Oh buddy.. you make me want to do another extraction right now and i just happen to be out of material i shall try to create those diamonds in the future! hip hip noooway Laughing
He who is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. The chief duty of every new age is to upraise new men todetermine its liberties, to lead it towards material success - to rend the rusty padlocks and chains of dead customs that always prevent healthy expansion. Theories and ideals and constitutions that have meant life, hope and freedom for our ancestors may mean destruction,
slavery, and dishonor to us. As environments change, no human ideal standeth sure.

cyb
#137 Posted : 7/29/2012 8:52:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

olderROM wrote:
TmC47 wrote:

To be honest, those last pictures make the current ones look like a joke.... I still feel like they are rather crude. I plan on making a post sometime in the future detailing at least one purification technique I've developed that I haven't come across anywhere else. There might be a second one but I will have to do more to see.

I have been too busy with life for the last 2.5 years to do the work that needs to be done. I will be taking pictures and documenting the process so others can give it a shot if they so desire.

I haven't kept up to date with what has been going on here... life has been keeping me way too occupied.

I appreciate your a busy man...but Please please share your process...I need shards like that in my life..Rolling eyes
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

olderROM
#138 Posted : 7/29/2012 6:27:34 PM

Alfred

SWIM will never have time to make a nice teq w/pics... So, here's a quick written description. If anyone ever writes up a nice teq please give some credit!

There's two steps that separate out less desirable compounds.

FIRST STEP: Add your crystals and a MINIMAL amount of solvent (bestine or naptha because they are finicky/selective for DMT) to your glassware and use a pan w/hot water to heat it up. You will see the crystals begin to melt into its liquid form.

Now, here's the key to this step: Take a cotton ball/Q-tip and use it to soak up all of the liquified spice. The spice loves cotton and it'll soak up very quickly. Once all the spice is in the cotton, stir and mix the cotton around. You want all of the spice to constantly come into contact w/the cotton. Keep adding a small amount of hot solvent until all the spice is dissolved.

You can tell if the cotton has undissolved spice in it by forcefully wiping it across the glassware. If the cotton has spice in it then a thin film of spice will be transferred to the glass. If it does then keep dissolving.

In the end you will end up with a cotton ball w/no spice left in it. HOWEVER, it will be a nasty brown/yellow/orange color. For whatever reason the impurities tend to be the last thing dissolved out of the cotton. If you keep adding more solvent these darker colored compounds WILL dissolve out... so, you want to stop adding solvent before then. Once all the spice is dissolved, move it over to a second clean glassware piece.

SECOND STEP: This step is basically just a recrystallization technique. There are so many different ways to do it. From boiling hot to freezing, room temperature to freezing, over 10 minutes, over 24 hours, using different solvents. Each different spin/technique/combination does different things and separates out things w/a different twist.

This technique uses the most insulated container possible (styrofoam or many layers of towels). The temperature decline should be as slow as possible using the most selective solvent possible (bestine or naptha.) Dissolve the spice at room temperature. This might take a lot of solvent but I've found it helps a lot. So, dissolve the spice at room temperature using the LEAST amount of solvent possible.

The little trick to this step is this: pure DMT tends to crystallize into pure white/clear crystals(duh) ANYWHERE the initial seed crystal is formed... be it in a high spot, low spot, bottom or side of the container. On the other hand, the less pure DMT/contaminants tends to crystallize into variously colored blobs ONLY on the bottom most areas of the container.

So, knowing this, you will want to use a container that has a convex shaped bottom!!!

Though this is probably total overkill, you can set the fridge to its highest setting and let it equalize... then turn it to the lowest setting and let it equalize... and then move it to your freeze.

Anyways, after it's done crystallizing remove it from the freezer and pour out the solvent(which can be reused). From here you can separate out the pure white crystals w/tweezers and repeat the process on the pools of colored goop. Surprisingly, when you repeat the process on this colored goop you will once again get a bunch of nasty colored contaminants on your cotton ball in step 1 and PURE WHITE crystals w/colored goop in step 2. Repeat, repeat, repeat....

It's even possible to perform these two steps on the pure white crystals. You won't get many contaminants in step 1 but you will get crystals and a CLEARER goop in step 2. The clear goop here is probably just DMT that didn't have enough time to recrystallize during the temperature decline.

And that's all folks!

I don't know if these two techniques are novel because I don't keep up anymore but I hope they are!

Trippym
#139 Posted : 7/29/2012 10:13:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Respect!! looks awesome!

pau
#140 Posted : 7/30/2012 2:26:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up
OlderROM: could you please share the camera/lens/exposure data for those great pics?
Did you use a macro lens?
They are NICE!
WHOA!

«PREV56789NEXT»