We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Combining Rue with Caapi ? Options

d-T-r
#21 Posted : 1/13/2012 3:21:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ragabr wrote:
Caapi Copy, with a very high confidence but not absolute certainty, is rue extracted harmalas, not caapi.

Caapi copy consists of harmine,harmaline and thh in ratio's found within the Caapi vine. whether or not the combined harmaline, is extracted from rue and added in, i can't be sure. But the Harmine and thh found in Caapi-Copy definitely filled my room with jungle spirits and possessed the essence of Aya. So i dont think its fair to say Caapi-Copy is just rue extracted harmalas.

edit- to be fair; i guess i don't have enough equally detailed experience's from rue to to point out the differences. I was pleased with the outcome anyway.

If the Harmala part of the mixed ratio, is extracted from rue and added in, then i guess in this case, it should be fine to add some rue .It seems the outcome varies from person to person so i'll go with my instincts anyway. not sure i'll be able to voyage tommorow anyway so by the time i'm able to again, i'll probably have some more caapi-copy anyway. (or ideally, have the time and gas to cook up an actual vine brew Smile )

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Day Tripper
#22 Posted : 1/13/2012 7:50:35 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Its much cheaper and worth the time to extract your own harmalas from either caapi or rue. FV's products have a history of being kinda sketchy, and i wouldn't support their business for exactly that reason. Not to mention they're overpriced. And the fact that if you do it yourself you can be much more confident you are ingesting what you mean to ingest, and not possibly something other than whats advertised.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

d-T-r
#23 Posted : 1/13/2012 8:34:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Day Tripper wrote:
Its much cheaper and worth the time to extract your own harmalas from either caapi or rue. FV's products have a history of being kinda sketchy, and i wouldn't support their business for exactly that reason. Not to mention they're overpriced. And the fact that if you do it yourself you can be much more confident you are ingesting what you mean to ingest, and not possibly something other than whats advertised.

Extracton will be the goal in the near future i hope, but it's very impractical at the moment. Fairly sure i'll mostly go down the traditional brew route in the future anyway.

As for FV , i can only really speak from my own experience with them ,and the results of their c.c, which was great.People should always research vendors and suppliers if they have any reason to be suspicious though.

ragabr
#24 Posted : 1/14/2012 3:52:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

d-T-r wrote:

Caapi copy consists of harmine,harmaline and thh in ratio's found within the Caapi vine. whether or not the combined harmaline, is extracted from rue and added in, i can't be sure.

That is what FV claims but we know for certain that what FV claimed to be THH was not THH at all. It was almost all harmine, which is why I suggested that it comes from rue and not caapi. That and the price, which while still a rip-off, is not as high as it would be if using caapi, when compared to their prices for what they acknowledge to be rue alkaloids.

While we can, and do, damn the company on the known evidence, I will also mention in passing that the statement "ratios found within the Caapi vine" is not a meaningful statement. All of the different published analyses of Caapi alkaloid content have shown an extreme variation in ratios, with some coming up with larger amounts of harmaline than harmine, though rare.

It's simply ad-copy for a company who lies about its products and refuses to make good.

Edit: Lest anyone read this and think there's no difference between Caapi and Rue, let me say that Caapi typically has much more harmine than harmaline, which is reversed in Rue. I also do not believe that THH is found in any known samples of Rue.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

jamie
#25 Posted : 1/14/2012 5:39:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

just fyi, those ratios are not usually reversed in rue. Rue typically contain more harmine than harmaline. Seeds with more harmaline are not as common, and some have almost no harmaline. Some rare seeds even have significant ammounts of THH.
Long live the unwoke.

ragabr
#26 Posted : 1/14/2012 2:25:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, thanks jamie.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

maranello551
#27 Posted : 7/17/2014 11:00:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Any words of wisdom on mixing these two together with admixture?

Any advantages?

PREV12