We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Is our planet already too fucked-up to be able to be saved?
Choice Votes Statistics
yes 5 21 %
no 18 78 %

PREV123
Cancun...is it gonna help? Options

nn-DMT
#41 Posted : 12/20/2010 12:17:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been doing a lot of research on building my own DIY solar panels. It appears to be very easy, not any more difficult than an extraction Wink. although I have yet to build even my first panel, I hope to build several in the the somewhat-near-future.

If everyone built at least 1 solar panel every year, I think a movement could be under way [one can hope so]
All post are made by SWIM. I am not SWIM.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ice House
#42 Posted : 12/20/2010 2:55:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

nn-DMT wrote:
I've been doing a lot of research on building my own DIY solar panels. It appears to be very easy, not any more difficult than an extraction Wink. although I have yet to build even my first panel, I hope to build several in the the somewhat-near-future.

If everyone built at least 1 solar panel every year, I think a movement could be under way [one can hope so]

nn I admire what your doing. I am living ...well... partially off the grid and have the beginnings of my own little self sustaining eden. I live as green as possible. Greener than most.

The Bullshit we have been told for years that -

It starts with YOU the average joe. We all have to do our part, every little bit counts, etc, etc. If we all do our share as citizens of the world Our Earth will be a greener place.

BS!

The problem isnt the average over consuming citizen, the problem is government/corporate sponsored ecco terrorism. Greed. Big Business is going further, deeper to exploit what precious resources are left on this planet. They are turning the oceans into toxic cess pools turning forests into deserts. Government allows it and often finances it. At the expense of us. They say they are doing it for us but thats a lie.

The things that need to be done to make change are political, problem is politicians are so corrupt

fuck I'm done with this.

and then depression set in.

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

nn-DMT
#43 Posted : 12/20/2010 2:03:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House wrote:

The Bullshit we have been told for years that -

It starts with YOU the average joe. We all have to do our part, every little bit counts, etc, etc. If we all do our share as citizens of the world Our Earth will be a greener place.

BS!

I commend you Ice House for your greener living.
I see your point and largely agree. It is unrealistic to expect everyone to join hands and sing kumbayah. But since I am just an average joe, and certainly wont be involved with politics ever, I feel like it's all I can do. i just try to set an example, even if nobody pays attention, at least I will have tried.
All post are made by SWIM. I am not SWIM.

SKA
#44 Posted : 12/23/2010 6:38:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I think the bottomline for human survival is free, available land.
If there were land available, no longer forcefully claimed by greedy nations and corporations, this land could become the birthground of new ecologically responsible and sustainable settlements devoid of systems of control.

With this in mind, a large drop in wellfare of the masses may be favourable.
Awefull because it will push many people into starvation, homeless ness and the subsequent violence that follows
Favourable, however, in that alot of people will migrate away from places in which it is expensive to live.

Now a friend of mine who's lived in Hawaii 2 years told me that living there is VERY expensive. It is the luxurious part of the USA.
So houses, food and everything is alot more expensive there than it is in the rest of the USA.

With this never ending decrease in wellfare of the masses, we might one day see all Hawaiian americans migrate away to parts of America,
or other countries where life is cheaper. This means alot of these lands may at one point become very thinly populated or even completely abbandoned.

The system will try to maintain itself by raising the taxes on it's civilians and on the corporations that feed, clothe and supply clean drinking water and electricity to civilians. This will lead to the corporations raising the prices of their goods and services. All this is allready happening, while the income of the average citizen isn't rising along to compensate; Massive inflation.

Then, at the point that governments and large corporations have depleated the people's wellfare completely, where will their profit come from then?
No more profit for corporations. No more taxes for the Government to collect. All while the Governments and Corporations continue to make REALLY high costs...

They will eventually be defeated by their own game. They will either finally consider doing away with Capitalism all together or they will start another world war to maintain their unsustainable cancerous lifestyle. I'm affraid the latter option is far more likely, but I will keep an open mind to the possibility that Capitalism will belong to "the ignorance of our past" in the near future and mankind will actually take a significant collective leap forward in the development
of Sanity and Morality.

In case the latter, gloomy scenario takes place: I'll steal the first Seaworthy boat I can find and sail to a godforsaken Island that is commercially and strategically insignificant and start a simple, sef-sustaining and eco-friendly lifestyle. I'll build a house out of sand bags, grow my own veggies and fruits and do alot of fishing. In fact if I had found enough like minded people to join me I'd prefer to make that move NOW.
Feel free to join me. =)

PREV123