We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Why you be called whatchoo be called (what's in a NAME?) Options

jbark
#21 Posted : 12/7/2011 3:16:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A lot of new members here so I thought I would bump this to see if any cool stories emerge. In the meantime, should I scarify myself like the guy in the image above? Cool

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

tetra
#22 Posted : 12/7/2011 3:39:08 PM

BaconBerry

Tetra: short for, of course, tetrahydrocannabinol. I'm something of an urban farmer, plus it's easier if I use the same name for the three drug forums I'm part of (weed site, mushroom site, and this site. Though, since starting work with the molecule, I very rarely visit the weed and mush sites).
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

Purges
#23 Posted : 12/7/2011 3:49:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well its a combination of factors... Without disclosing too much personal info:

My DJ name s P*****... I go by another name on another forum 'P*****Urges'... See where this is going? Wink Then of course there is the factor that psychedelics often bring about some form of purge - often vomiting / crying in my case, and this was consolidated on one of my first Spice journeys...

So it is both symbolic, and a play on words... Plus I am inclined to have a bit of a vulgar sense of humour Twisted Evil

As for the avatar picture... Well, it's awesome is it not?! Cool
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

DoingKermit
#24 Posted : 12/7/2011 4:00:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mine has to do with having sex with muppets... Smile

Actually, i just picked the name as its another name for licking toads and i kind of like it due to the fact that it's not too serious. I made it before even trying DMT and almost feel like i should change it to something more meaningful now, but at the same time i have quite a silly and playful sense of humour, so may just keep it.

My avatar is pretty self explanatory.

PrimalWisdom
#25 Posted : 12/7/2011 4:07:07 PM

Everything the light touches

Hey

Some interesting ones!

I registered a film production company a few years ago with the word Primal in it. I sort of adopted the nick online, using it at various sites, when joining one site Primal was already taken so I figured I've learned some pretty interesting things through my human & psychedelic journeys and it seemed like Wisdom we all knew already the name sort of formed itself.

As for avatar, I change regularly but its always something that reflects my name.
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

unclesyd
#26 Posted : 12/7/2011 5:14:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Me name comes from years ago, made up in high school. Has sort of a duel meaning. First off I share a last name with a former Pink Floyd band member, and since I have ancestral ties to the U.K. I told everyone this was my distant Uncle Syd. Then of course the syd/acid connotation as well.

Avatar came from internet search. I am a birder, and so felt appropriate. Although I think I need to be updating this.
Remember, if the women dont find you handsome.....they might as well find you handy.

Metanoia
#27 Posted : 12/7/2011 6:15:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was reading up on butterflies recently and found this type:

Eurytides dioxippus lacandones

I was quite taken with it, so I changed my avatar Smile

Wax
#28 Posted : 12/7/2011 6:50:51 PM

LUVR

Mine is sort of my own interpretation of Terence's archaic revival.
I see myself as an architect or re-creator of the archaic forms of medicine and the awareness they had of the universe within themselves.

My current avatar is just a picture I made in photoshop Smile
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

tele
#29 Posted : 12/7/2011 6:57:24 PM
Explorer

Smile

corpus callosum
#30 Posted : 12/7/2011 7:06:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

The nik 'corpus callosum' reflects my interest in neurology in particular, and is the term for the bridging tissue between the right and left cerebral hemispheres linking the logical left brain with the more intuitive right brain.Seemed appropriate as the site where chemicals such as we all enjoy seem to cause a tug of war between the 2 sides.

The avatar is by Dennis Konstantin and is called 'Captain lightly armed' and captures the essence of a few hyperspace ventures Ive made.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Bill Cipher
#31 Posted : 12/7/2011 7:42:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kermit - You have my favorite avatar on the site, hands down. Don't go changing, especially now that you've added the beautiful rainbow brain spillage.

jbark - I insist that you get an identical chest tattoo. I hate to see you out-jbark'ed by some dude on adultfriendfinder.com.

gammagore
#32 Posted : 12/8/2011 1:06:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After getting into the TEKNO scene in JHB south africa I started listening to psytrance, the track "acid goblins" stuck with me.

When I got my first gig at a little bar/club in melville JHB I played as "gamma". The name stuck with me throughout my dj'ing days. Not wanting to associate gamma with the nexus I decided on gammagore for my nick here(i was into alot of heavy darkpsy, gore fliks and what not at that time)

Soo there it is, If anyone is into any old psytrance, give me a shout. I have loads and loads to share.

As for the avatar, its done by symbolika, they got some cool clothing if you are interested. I also grew up in an area of south africa where we had loads of monkeys all over the place. I litteraly grew up with the dudes in my back yardSmile

Ez
#33 Posted : 12/8/2011 2:24:35 AM

"Love is the medicine."

What's in a name? Ez seemed like the easiest nik I could come up with. After dying and being reborn on an aya journey, I was given a new name, which I chose to embrace. I suppose it's not my real name, so for now, it's safe. My friends started calling me Z, but I wasn't sure if that would be too short, so I went with Ez, but like I tell my friends, call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for super.

I'm a bit goofy and pretty easy going, so I think that it fits quite well. As for my avatar, a good friend sent me an e-mail with said picture. It said "monkey zen as f* I love the picture, but I think it's a lemur. I have considered changing it, but for now it seems rather appropriate.
(¯`'·.¸(♥)¸.·'´¯Pleased But suddenly you're ripped into being alive. And life is pain, and life is suffering, and life is horror, but my god you are alive and it is spectacular!

jbark
#34 Posted : 6/12/2018 2:50:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So many new people here, I figured this thread needed a bump.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Espurrr
#35 Posted : 6/12/2018 2:56:24 PM

Espurrr is a mix of my given name, spores, and cats that "purr"
i like my name since its pretty rare and comes from my persian heritage
i like mushrooms since they have opened my chamber of secrets
i like cats since i have always wanted to have one
Razz

Eaglepath
#36 Posted : 6/12/2018 2:57:39 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

My avatar is way to complex to talk about.. Similar to a DMT travel. He is shy as well!
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

Triglav
#37 Posted : 6/12/2018 2:57:40 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

It's a name of a mountain peak. Smile

jbark
#38 Posted : 6/12/2018 2:58:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Espurrr wrote:
Razz

It also rolls off the tongue, and makes me eyes crease into feline almonds just pronouncing it.

Espurrr
#39 Posted : 6/12/2018 3:02:19 PM

jbark wrote:
Espurrr wrote:
Razz

It also rolls off the tongue, and makes me eyes crease into feline almonds just pronouncing it.

oh why thank you
in one of my dreams about the nexus, i remember seeing your avatar and nick on the nexus walls (it was like a labyrinth and i was exploring it)
although im pretty sure we had never chatted or responded to each others posts at that point Cool

jbark
#40 Posted : 6/12/2018 3:06:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Espurrr wrote:
jbark wrote:
Espurrr wrote:
Razz

oh why thank you
in one of my dreams about the nexus, i remember seeing your avatar and nick on the nexus walls (it was like a labyrinth and i was exploring it)
although im pretty sure we had never chatted or responded to each others posts at that point Cool

Haha! Nice!

I AM PERVASIVE. Razz

especially when absent.

JBArk

PREV123NEXT