We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Solution to throat/coughing problems with spice!! Options

vampir
#1 Posted : 11/30/2010 6:58:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Laughing

I have the BEST advice for people, like myself, who have intense throat problems when vaping/smoking spice. Just to quickly describe, anytime would vaporize, I'd get this REALLY intense feeling in my throat, almost like it's closing up. Like a general pressure. The more dense/thick the vapor, the more intense the feeling. So you can imagine that it was a constant battle between how much I could tolerate the discomfort. This lead to LOTS of frustration, mainly because "set and setting" are so important, so having the feeling of your throat closing up on you in pain doesn't contribute to a pleasant setting whatsoever. This would be the major deterrent to how much I'd be able to take.

(btw, this isn't just any normal discomfort from smoking. I've smoked huge tokes of salvia and weed, and those are but mere tickles to the throat compared to what spice would do).

So, my significant other had the bright idea of getting SORE THROAT SPRAY!! Anaesthetic solution, over the counter, found at any old pharmacy. I gotta say, it works like a charm! for ANYONE who is suffereing even the least discomfort from spice vaping/smoking - I HIGHLY recommend this stuff. You won't feel a thing, you'll be able to do a full hit of 50-100mg in ONE HIT! Smooth as a baby's bottom! Unbelievably comforting.

BUY IT NOW! haha

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 11/30/2010 7:08:35 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

What smoking method are you using? A bowl? bulb pipe? vaporizer? are you using changa?

Changa in a VG, and other things of that sort, are reeeaaally smooth

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Steely
#3 Posted : 11/30/2010 7:19:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm going to have to do the same as, UniverseCannon is in wondering just how you are smoking your Spice. I don't think it is some condition that pertains to one or another person, I believe it is all in the method in which we smoke.

Spice burns very easily, as I'm sure I don't have to remind you of this, but maybe you should invest in something such as the VaporGenie.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

Elf Machine
#4 Posted : 11/30/2010 8:26:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So you use it before you take a hit or after?

vampir
#5 Posted : 11/30/2010 4:15:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UniverseCannon wrote:
What smoking method are you using? A bowl? bulb pipe? vaporizer? are you using changa?

Steely wrote:
Spice burns very easily, as I'm sure I don't have to remind you of this, but maybe you should invest in something such as the VaporGenie.

Here is everything I have tried:
regular pipe, Extreme Q Vaporizer - tried with filling up the bag, and also tried with just using the whip,
I then went on to purchase the Glass Vaporgenie. Still the same effect. I know how to use it properly. Even when using the Extreme Q (you can set your temperature) I would get the throat irritation. Trust me, if it was a simple solution of smoking technique then it wouldn't have been such a big deal. The reason I posted this is exactly that fact - since it's something else about my body's reaction to it.

SWIM's spice is the purest white crystals he's even seen, his cat seems to get better at extraction every time.

Elf Machine wrote:
So you use it before you take a hit or after?

Take it BEFORE! that way your throat is numb for when you're smoking it, so you don't experience the discomfort. The effect of the spray lasts 1-2 hours .

TrustLoveMan
#6 Posted : 12/29/2010 9:04:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Solution: Take a break, lol.
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

Global
#7 Posted : 12/30/2010 1:00:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

The only time I have any lasting sensations in my throat is if I don't use the GVG and effectively burn it. If you can feel it like that in your throat, from my experience it means that you're probably overheating it. Normally even with my GVG, the vapor can be quite harsh, but after I've suppressed it and held it in my lungs for about 2-3 seconds, the harsh sensation instantly fades.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Pontos
#8 Posted : 1/1/2011 1:13:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've found an albuterol inhaler to be helpful if you have a hard time toking, taken maybe 10 minutes beforehand. I've never tried it with spice, but it certainly helps with cough-up-a-lung type weed.

Rivea
#9 Posted : 1/1/2011 6:46:22 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

My GF is not burning spice in the GVG, but is very uncomfortable with smoke of any sort whatsoever. A friend of ours who is a nurse recommended that my GF use chloraseptic and it worked well for my her. I do not have the same issue with sensitivity to the 'smoke' and don't need any chloraseptic spray.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Global
#10 Posted : 1/1/2011 9:47:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Pontos wrote:
I've found an albuterol inhaler to be helpful if you have a hard time toking, taken maybe 10 minutes beforehand. I've never tried it with spice, but it certainly helps with cough-up-a-lung type weed.

Just to let you know, it's quite unhealthy to use the inhaler shortly before smoking because (and I learned this from my pulmonologist) you open up your lungs so the tar can deposit itself "more effectively". I don't know how much this would apply to DMT vapor...which is why I've tried it a couple times Rolling eyes
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Shaolin
#11 Posted : 1/1/2011 5:03:02 PM

Stiletto Stoner

I found that taking a Halls before weed smoking made my throat less prone to caughs.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

SpiralNeuroEclipse
#12 Posted : 1/1/2011 10:17:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try infusing mullein with your spice and vaporize it that way. Mullein is a cool fluffy herb, which has anti-asthmatic properties, and a pleasant taste. It might help to sooth your lungs freind.

Ellis D'Empty
#13 Posted : 1/2/2011 4:11:59 AM

Snirfneblin

I've always found I get this "sore throat" feeling when I take to large a hit, and end up coughing it out...

Simple answer: don't take such a big hit.

The smaller hits, held in longer, are better than one massive hit where you blow out a lot of smoke and/or cough.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

Pontos
#14 Posted : 1/2/2011 8:45:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I suppose that risk is there, more surface area could lead to more tar deposition. Then again, I'm not a frequent smoker and pot smoke has never really bothered me (much less irritating than tobacco smoke IMO), so it's never really been a concern of mine. As for spice, I've never managed to successfully smoke it so I can't comment there. Although, I'd wager that since you're vaping it (and I assume far less often than most people who smoke cigs or even weed - at least I'd hope) there's probably not too much to worry about as far as tar goes.

Pontos

closet-chemist1010
#15 Posted : 4/18/2011 10:34:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey nexus Smile

quick question on this topic

I am unable to take a break through dose because my throat.

I am a non smoker, tobacco or MJ. And on occasion when I do smoke(under the influence of something else) it is very harsh and hard to hold down.

I am not burning my spice, gently vaping it through the elaborate piece of work in my picture.

I have a prescribed puffer (salbutimol sulfate) any idea`s if that would work?

as for tar deposits, its my understanding that dmt as a vapour, is still just DMT just in a different state, small amounts will precipitate on your throat, but should be washed away in no time

thanks nexus.
Happy travels

Felnik
#16 Posted : 4/18/2011 10:50:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One word: MULLEIN

you guys are missing the boat on this . Mullein is the best kept secret it grows everywhere. Try it you'll see what i'm talking about.

Herbs for the Lungs

Mullein, Verbascum thapsus

Mullein is a fine medicinal for the lungs, even when you smoke it. It soothes inflamed or infected lungs, and prevents coughing until infection or inflammation is broken. Then it aids in expectoration, helping to break up congestion and promote "effective" coughing. It was smoked to stop the coughing of tuberculosis years ago. It is wonderful for any kind of lung cleansing. Very gentle and non-toxic, you can use it anytime. If you are a smoker, and you are sick and can't stop coughing from a cold, you can smoke some Mullein instead of Tobacco. It may help you to stop coughing, and you will have smoked one less cigarette. If you are not a smoker, stick with tincture (extract) or Mullein tea. After all, there's no need to smoke when you're sick in your lungs.
It also has almost no flavor and is a very light smoke. I have never seen anyone become addicted to smoking Mullein, as after a while it is very unsatisfying. The average smoker would feel as if they're smoking air.

Crispy dried crushed Mullein is a lousy smoke. Be sure to keep it ever so slightly moist. Dried Mullein should be rubbed for the best results. It will become very fluffy and puffy. This fuzzy rubbed Mullein will burn evenly when smoked in a paper or pipe. It will hold other herbs that are in the form of small pieces and powder, and keep them evenly distributed. And it has no flavor! Ideal for a smoking base; I use it in almost every smoking mixture.

I like the light green baby leaves found in the center of the first year basal rosette, but it's a matter of personal choice. Any leaf will work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verbascum_thapsus
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

closet-chemist1010
#17 Posted : 4/18/2011 11:03:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks felnik, I will be sure to try that soon.

my only smoking device is a bong, but instead of a bowl, I have an oil burner (meth pipe).
is it possible to combine the mullien and spice in a way where it could be vaporized?
I am a little unsure of how I would go about this,

thanks in advance

Happy travels

Felnik
#18 Posted : 4/18/2011 11:38:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes works perfect. layer of mullein first, then a layer of spice, then thin layer of mullein on top. Mullein spice sandwich.
The mullein smooths out the spice like crazy. Be careful if everything goes right you get a killer hit without feeling anything.
Its very effective.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

DeMenTed
#19 Posted : 4/18/2011 11:42:27 PM

Barry

Maybe it's just my hardy lungs but ive never coughed up or spluttered on dmt vapor/smoke.

Madcap
#20 Posted : 4/19/2011 12:38:45 AM

illudium Q-36

Mullien .. Peppermint . . D'arco.... Everyone's got their fav spice soother. I have tried them all. None really made much difference. I sorta feel like adding inactive herbs just adds more vapor to the party and is sort of counter productive for me.

Like I said, everyone's got their fav. You will fin or have found yours. Mine is clean spice, clean gvg, clean screens or wool.

I recall the peppermint the most. One time I had way too much mint in the gvg. Ever vape a bunch of peppermint? Your face and eyes feel frozen from the massive mint intake. I briefly thought I was having a stroke. Half my entire body tingled like I was rubbing peppermint on myself.

For me, technique is usually the culprit for throat pain (as noted by a few above). My gvg with pretty clean spice (after practice) did not cause throat pain..... Intense feeling of chest / lung expansion is the only discomfort I experience. Besides my heart beating out of my chest Smile

Burn a little on purpose. Taste that. If you ever taste anything like that, you will know you are doing something to burn it. Spice to me tastes perfumy. Actually, that's what It feels like in my lungs ( tastes better than it feels for sure)

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

12NEXT