We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
Has DMT changed your religious beliefs? Options

Swarupa
#41 Posted : 11/25/2010 11:06:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Chronic wrote:
I said earlier that if you don't meditate when you take dmt then its a waste, i stick by that, but also in meditation you throw away your own beliefs, everything.
When you really experience 'God' the idea God isn't there at all, there's just total silence, completetion
Its not a state that you can later doubt & wonder if it was real, you become it, or see you already are it
Its not the question of isit real? its more the fact that it is the only thing that is Real

That Bliss has a way of demolishing any possible trace of beliefs or doubts as it removes all need for anything, your totally whole

..aannnnd soooo..your way is the only way to get there right???

There is no 'my way' Wut?

I'm confused as i didn't describe any 'way' of getting there in that post to then insinuate that its the 'only way'?

I only said no meditation would be a waste of spice because of my experience & what i personally would consider a waste. For me not meditating would be a waste Wink
I'm not saying this is how it is, just how it is for me.

I'm sure many people do meditate on DMT without even calling it meditation, i'm also sure loads of people like to just trip out & enjoy the experience, i just personally consider it very sacred & treat it that way.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

physics envy
#42 Posted : 12/17/2010 9:30:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just came across this thread so sorry for being late to the game...

I have always looked to the Near Death Experiences as being possibly the 'cleanest' spiritual/religious/afterlife stories. I believe they are biased towards whatever belief system they have, but generally aren't biased by new age ideas or astral projection information or drug effects.

My wife and I watched this video a few days ago and she said many of the things these people experienced are VERY similar to her experiences with spice. This video is a collage of about 10 different people and their experiences...it does start out a bit slow, but picks up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A292PF-bseA

One thing that made me cringe in it is when a guy said he could review ALL his memories...but got/had to FEEL from the viewpoint of the OTHER people. So he had to feel how the person he was picking on felt, etc. My wife has had several spice journeys where she felt what her family/friends felt during different life events.

Personally, psychedelics have not influenced my spiritual beliefs one way or the other...yet :-)

Salvia quid enthusiast

Autodidactic
#43 Posted : 12/18/2010 4:26:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It hasn't made me religious, just an atheist that thinks it's possible there is something more after we die. It's also reconfirmed my views that this thing we call life may not even be real. So in short the DMT experience for me is just another case of getting more info that leads to more questions.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

soulfood
#44 Posted : 12/18/2010 5:01:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

DMT has taught me that I'm on a need to know basis...

and I don't need to know because it doesn't matter for a while Smile

MelCat
#45 Posted : 12/18/2010 6:42:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Autodidactic wrote:
So in short the DMT experience for me is just another case of getting more info that leads to more questions.

Touche` to this.

Before DMT, I had pretty solid beliefs of what was and what wasn't true or possible.

After DMT, I pretty much had the slate wiped clean to open my mind for all possibilities.

It definitely renewed my desire to have some sort of spirituality in my life.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Xt
#46 Posted : 12/18/2010 11:55:07 PM

Not even a little bit. Its still an awe inspiring mystery!

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

L_Starr
#47 Posted : 12/20/2010 12:35:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Growth in mind, soul and spirit, people, life experience, and yes drug use have changed religious beliefs.

What each of us has to me is extremely special, and and again imo, learn to cherish and appreciate it from the moment we wake.
"Some thing interesting"

moyshekapoyre
#48 Posted : 2/8/2011 5:55:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A few days ago I had the most powerful opening up of the God part of the brain (GODPOB) with changa. It was definitely not a breakthrough. I was totally conscious and could talk and everything, but God entered my brain so intensely that I was shouting "OH MY GOD!!!!" It lasted about half an hour. The next day, God was still lingering in my brain just a little. Of course I've had God encounters before with DMT, but never this intensely while at this level of awakeness/awareness.
As an agnostic, leaning towards atheism since I was a kid, I really don't want to be a religious missionary or anything. I really don't want to believe in God. I do like to experience God every now and then, but I am becoming afraid that if I do it too much, my GODPOB might just not turn off. Has anyone else had this happen to them, I wonder? Because if it happened to me I think I would have to become a religious missionary.
It's really funny how I did not understand the fervent belief in God before DMT. Before, I would argue with JWs and others about how there is no evidence for God. They would always say, "What? The evidence is all around you, the birds, the trees, the beauty of LIFE!" I would just write them off as being completely irrational and retarded. Now, I realize that rationality is completely impossible to deal with when you have an open GODPOB, because it supersedes all logical thought. It is impossible to explain the GODPOB feeling, except that you now KNOW that GOD EXISTS. Anyway, I guess I'm lucky, because mine is off again... I mean, I really don't want to be a missionary, I hate those types... although I guess if mine were on permanently, I would be saying "I am soo glad it is finally on permanently!"

I really want to get some people who have had non-drug-induced GODPOB experiences to tell me how the DMT GODPOB experience differs, if at all. Btw, I think the DMT experience gets a bit muddied when you do too much. Like it is sooo intense on aya that you start thinking really insane shit and then the next day all you can do is laugh at how crazy it is to be like that. But with low-dose, sub-breakthrough GODPOB openings, it is extremely clear, if that makes any sense. It is no longer something that I can make fun of the next day, if that helps to explain my meaning.

What's interesting is that most people I talk to seem to be very comfortable with their relationship or non-reliationship with God, and so when I tell them, "Look, I want you to experience God on DMT and tell me what it's like for you," they decline. And I understand why. It is very scary, in a way, even though it is so incredibly beautiful. I understand finally why one would fear God as many true believers do. It is not because God is not all-merciful, all-good etc. It is simply the immense power, it is so powerful it is overwhelming, and you must give into it, you almost have no choice.

Mister_Niles
#49 Posted : 2/8/2011 8:30:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Has DMT changed your religious beliefs?

Sort of. I'm not a hardcore atheist anymore. I'm firmly agnostic now.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

#50 Posted : 2/8/2011 8:38:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All its done is reassured my hardcore atheism.

Lodi
#51 Posted : 2/8/2011 8:58:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was raised and believed strongly in christianity.. my whole life I would debate about evolution.. and all it took was one breakthrough, and now i laugh at christianity..
Everything I say is fictional, I do not support illegal drug use of any kind, SWIM is a fictional character.

Mister_Niles
#52 Posted : 2/8/2011 11:04:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1992 wrote:
All its done is reassured my hardcore atheism.

Awesome! Maybe it'll turn me around again. haha! Funny stuff this stuff!
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

joedirt
#53 Posted : 2/8/2011 11:34:22 PM

Not I

Drugs like DMT and psilocin have taught me that my brain is a receiver. The station it's tuned to is based on the combined total off all concurrent neurosignals taking place. By taking drugs like DMT your brain is tuned into a different station so to speak.

I guess what I'm saying is that our reality is defined by the current concentration of neurotransmitters floating through our brains. When we spike our brain with drugs like mescaline, pslicon, DMT, etc we effect the station that our brains are tuned to.

Combining these drugs with meditation and ritual seems to help bias the station.

In essence these drugs have convinced me that nothing is real.

They however has not changed my belief in God, but psilocin has certainly reinforced it and allowed me to be more humble about just how much I don't understand at all.

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

moyshekapoyre
#54 Posted : 2/8/2011 11:58:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@Lodi: So do you still believe in some kind of divine force like God? Or do you think it's all just a brain trick? And if you say the latter, aren't you scared that one day the GODPOB will open up and not shut off after the trip? And you'll become a missionary/raving lunatic/messiah?

cker
#55 Posted : 2/9/2011 2:56:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My beliefs have been slowly evolving for a number of years as I moved from a skeptical agnostic to "how could all of this happen by chance?". I'm still not firm on any specific beliefs since I don't think anyone or any formal religion has figured out more than a pinhead of "why?". That said, psychedelic experiences have definitely shown me how vast the relm of possibilities can be. Spice in particular is a very good teacher of that message.

Taking it a step furthur, I believe certian molecules are truely sacred but only in the sense that they unlock what is already within each and every one of us. I say this not to disrepect the molecules but rather in awe of the beauty that surrounds us outside and within.

Eden
#56 Posted : 2/9/2011 3:15:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dennis McKenna wrote:
It sounds trivial, but the insight is: you don't know shit.

Spice has taught me the claim to absolute knowledge, especially on themes covered by religion, is laughably arrogant at best.
No longer am I ignorant to my ignorance. Smile

Xt
#57 Posted : 2/9/2011 4:46:35 AM

Eden wrote:
Dennis McKenna wrote:
It sounds trivial, but the insight is: you don't know shit.

Spice has taught me the claim to absolute knowledge, especially on themes covered by religion, is laughably arrogant at best.
No longer am I ignorant to my ignorance. Smile

QFT.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

moyshekapoyre
#58 Posted : 2/11/2011 7:35:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I wonder if anyone is like my friend. He has done aya and had a very intense trip but there was no divinity to it. He said it was like he was teleported to the jungle and then at another point it was like jumping out of an airplane. He has also broken through on changa but says he can't remember anything from the trip except that he was somewhere else. The aya left him feeling good for a week, but the changa actually made him a bit more depressed, as he says is common for him with psychedelics, because they just make him think more about how bad his life is (in fact from my perspective, his life is not bad, he is just unable to see the good in it over the bad).
Is he eventually going to find God if he keeps doing DMT? I wonder what percent of people are simply incapable of perceiving God no matter what... I feel like a big part of why DMT makes me feel so good is the God connection it gives me, even though I'm trying to remain an agnostic.

Pranic
#59 Posted : 2/11/2011 10:42:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Learning about endogenous DMT gradually shifted me away from my childhood faith of atheism. I fully understand how a person can trip hundreds of times and still be an atheist. There might be a certain amount of chance involved, but I think a big blocking factor is not trying out any spiritual technique while tripping. After all it's very easy to avoid something like that and in that case it's just a matter of chance and maybe a philosophical effort comparing your experiences with various spiritual world views and intellectually rearranging yourself.

Anyways, if your conviction of atheism comes with materialism, it is very much a matter of faith and something, which cannot be explained in a way that makes sense anymore than the most poetic spiritual explanation. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't looked at all at the work done in vain by materialist philosophers to explain "individual consciousness". I made this error as a child/teenager and now I understand it was very narrow-minded of me.

RayOfLight
#60 Posted : 4/11/2011 1:38:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I must be lucky. after reading all the posts on this thread I guess I am an oddball because my dmt experiences shattered my shell of non belief. I had the classic ++++ experience on the shulgin scale and it totally re wrote my brain and how I feel about god and our purpose here.
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

PREV12345NEXT