We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
~Phalaris = The Way Of The Future~ Options

benzyme
#21 Posted : 6/28/2011 12:58:02 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yes, it was brachystachys. no peak for hordenine.

(scan range was set for 150 - 300...hordenine would've appeared at 165 or 166 (M+1)).
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rOm
#22 Posted : 6/28/2011 8:23:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is where it's getting exciting !!
We'll need to get some phalaris and try.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

closet-chemist1010
#23 Posted : 7/3/2011 1:37:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow nexus, amazing thread, a successful bio-assay has been done on mycotopia, of 16mg extracted from phalaris

I HAVE to bump this thread, more work needs to be done Smile

thanks to all you botanists and scientific minds!!!

happy travels

Seraph
#24 Posted : 7/3/2011 5:09:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there a cheap in-a-kitchen style way of doing column chromatography? If there is then DMT and gramine could be seperated that way, if not would naphtha pulls not be enough to pull the DMT and leave the gramine? What about using heptane to re-x the DMT and gramine mix? What about freeze precipitation on the DMT and gramine mix? In freeze precipitation which alkaloid would precipitate first, DMT or gramine? If gramine precipitated first the gramine could be thrown out and the solvent could be kept, if the DMT precipitated first the solvent could be thrown out at the DMT could be kept.

jamie
#25 Posted : 7/3/2011 5:29:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I thought gramine was insoluble in water? I wonder though about acidic water..

Also do we know if gramine is soluble in limonene?..I would rather not touch naptha as I havent used it in a long time..

There is so much we dont know. I would like to see a list of all the solvents gramine is soluble in compared to what DMT is soluble in.
Long live the unwoke.

Xt
#26 Posted : 7/21/2011 9:31:24 PM

Quote:

Phalaris arundinacea

Frequent around lowland pools, ditches and marshy areas.

Stems to 200 cm high. Spikelets 5-6 mm long.

ID: Ligule 6-16 mm long. Spikelets one-flowered, the flower at least 1 mm shorter than both glumes (actually spikelet also contains 1 or 2 very small sterile florets which are hard to see). No awns. Glumes hairless, less than twice as long as broad, c 5-6 mm long.

Other features: Reed-like in habit, but the true Reed has many-flowered spikelets and a fringe of hairs for a ligule.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Xt
#27 Posted : 8/5/2011 12:33:14 AM

That's about 4 plastic shopping bags of grass blended, brewed and reduced in a gallon bottle.
Xt attached the following image(s):
phaly2.jpg (48kb) downloaded 1,845 time(s).

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

dreamer042
#28 Posted : 8/5/2011 1:01:57 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

One large sized garbage bag full of fresh phalaris arundinacea

dried and blended

makes

786 grams of starting material

you take the wet road and I'll take the dry road... Wink
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

YTXian
#29 Posted : 8/10/2011 8:42:37 AM

Not an angry scientist but a mad one.

Awsome! Please tell how it comes out you two.
From my earlier atemps I can say this; Beware the fat! I did an A/B on some new growth (first I clipped the leaves and then I came back five days latter and clipped the new growth. this was to minimize the number of diffrent alkaliods in the grass). First I salted with vinegar. Then I defatted with naphtha. Next I basified. I think I used lime...maybe it was lye, not sure.
Well, then I tried my first pull with naphtha and to my suprise, and dismay, a bunch of fat came up again! Thats after I had already pulled alot of fat in the defating step.
All I ever managed to get on that experiment was a lot of salty looking white crystals that didn't melt or burn...probably minerals the plant uses.
In this world there are adults and there are children. In fact the world is filled with children; they are angry and hurt, frightened and abused, lazy and ignorant, stubborn and hateful. The world hates an adult and they would rather cause their peers to fail at any venture of self improvement before having to step up and improve their selves so as to maintain pecking order and evidence of the lowley opinion they have of each other. The best of them enslave the others so that they all consume and destroy all there lives in order to satisfy their immense greed claiming that they are providing a future for their legacy and never question the possibility of doing better in order to leave a real future for the children they will leave behind on this, our Earth. They pretend that it is impossible and when cornered they admit their apathy saying that they won't be around to suffer the out come. They hate the adults for exposing their immense weekness. The total failure that they call success. Mean while the adults strive to minimize their own impact and perpetually work to undo the damage already done. The adults who already know; they are the children of tomorrow.

amor_fati
#30 Posted : 8/10/2011 4:19:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

YTXian wrote:
I basified. I think I used lime...maybe it was lye, not sure.

Lime's a pretty far cry from lye and really should never be used in a traditional A/B. That being said, seems like a limtek would be the best approach for minimizing the need to de-fat, as in 69ron's cactus tek.

Also, I'm not sure that naphtha is the best solvent to use for de-fat, either. Usually xylene or toluene are preferred.

DeMenTed
#31 Posted : 8/10/2011 4:36:34 PM

Barry

I'm pretty sure theres tonnes of phalaris arundinacea growing near me Smile i'll need o pick some an properly id it

dreamer042
#32 Posted : 8/10/2011 5:41:46 PM

Dreamoar

here are results of my first acid salting on those big bags o grass using limtek.

2.26 grams of dirty full spectrum phalaris arundinacea fumerates

These are only the very preliminary results of part one of a two part tek I'm putting together.

The full tek (or at least a very detailed documentation of failure) will be released soon. Very happy
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

ragabr
#33 Posted : 8/10/2011 5:54:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Right on, dreamer042!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

DoingKermit
#34 Posted : 8/10/2011 6:18:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Holy guacamole, dreamer! That looks nice Smile Well done!

amor_fati
#35 Posted : 8/10/2011 7:40:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Right on, dreamer! Any idea how much fumaric acid went into that?

Wax
#36 Posted : 8/10/2011 8:08:27 PM

LUVR

It is a dream no moar!
Bitchin man! Can't wait for the tek... I believe in you!
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

jamie
#37 Posted : 8/10/2011 8:14:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would wait for the bioassay before you all get too excited. I have ended up with stuff more than once that looked exactly like oxides from mimosa with arundinacea..but the experience was nothing like mimosa at all..there was obvious effects that were unpleasant from other alkaloids, and very little of the tryptamine feeling.
Long live the unwoke.

dreamer042
#38 Posted : 8/10/2011 8:16:41 PM

Dreamoar

amor_fati wrote:
Right on, dreamer! Any idea how much fumaric acid went into that?

I didn't measure everything when making the fasw because those numbers can be so variable I just went with the old standby add till no moar dissolves.

but for a guestimate somewhere between 15-30 grams of fumeric acid were added to somewhere between 800-1000ml of distilled water, this was split up into two pulls of the solvent jars giving a rough guestimate of 8-15 grams fumeric acid in 400-500ml water for this first pull.

everything will be thoroughly explained in the tek, just be patient Pleased

dreamer042
#39 Posted : 8/10/2011 8:18:21 PM

Dreamoar

fractal enchantment wrote:
I would wait for the bioassay before you all get too excited. I have ended up with stuff more than once that looked exactly like oxides from mimosa with arundinacea..but the experience was nothing like mimosa at all..there was obvious effects that were unpleasant from other alkaloids, and very little of the tryptamine feeling.

^ this

yes those are pretty xtals from phalaris, but who knows what is in those xtals...
part two with the attempt to separate the nn from the rest of the alks (assuming there is any nn in there at all) is gonna be what makes or breaks this tek.

Wax
#40 Posted : 8/10/2011 8:19:54 PM

LUVR

Buzz kill frac....Pleased
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

PREV1234NEXT»