We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
What can be done to minimize/eliminate pre-flight fear? Options

Felnik
#21 Posted : 10/22/2010 7:04:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fear seems to part of the endeavour. I had one of the most amazing encounters 2 days ago now that almost confirmed the idea that at a certain point there really is nothing to be afraid of. Its in the getting there that seems to be the problem.

I was in such a beautiful communion at one point I could not smoke enough of the stuff. I was hitting it harder than i ever had before. I reached a point where i was fully ready to give myself 100% over to these beings . The feeling of deep beauty and love was more than i ever felt before. The more love I felt the more I got back. Even after years of working with spice I could have never imagined the kind of experience I had. I feel now that its worth the risks along the way to reach a singularity beyond anything previously imagineable.

Surfing big waves seems like a really good analogy to me. Its in the collective experiences that we begin to understand and hone the techniques. The secret seems to be in the opening ourselves up in a very specific way. Its a delicate combination of factors . Careful Attention to set and setting is the start of the process to positive results.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ubu
#22 Posted : 10/22/2010 7:45:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
I’ve read other suggestions to open your eyes if a closed-eye experience gets to be too much, and my response is “Open my eyes? What eyes?”

Well said. Sometimes the situation is so scary that even knowing I have eyes I'm still unable to open it no mather the effort.

gammagore wrote:
I can highly recomend the pre dose, just get your feet wet and get a feel for it. No need to rush into it full force. Take your time.

Pre dosing help me so much that I incorporated it in my smoke routine. No matter how brave and intrepid I feel at the moment (which never happens btw, haha) I always pre dose.

A small dose of sublingual caapi or a full bowl of caapi leaves helps to smooth the experience, at least for me. I also suspect that caapi is able to promote a more euphoric journey.

Lastly I feel a good vibe - more calm and sedated - when sandwiching DMT in Wild Dagga.

But even with all the care, all the preparations, even with the feeling of a good happy day, sometimes the trip is hard and intense, with symptoms of psychosis or a physical sensation of pain. Currently I'm inclined to believe that this is a signal to take a breath, to stop DMT (or at least to stop breaking through) and do something else for a while.
You have to be in Hell to see Heaven - W. Burroughs

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

The Centre
#23 Posted : 10/22/2010 8:51:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wild Dagga grows naturally in my area. In fact, I have it in my back yard.

Strange Gray Static Mayan Pattern
#24 Posted : 10/22/2010 11:05:51 PM

Nameless

I always predose, it eases the experience so much.
DMT T-Shirts, badges, mugs...
Comments by SGSMP are fantastic fabrications.

olympus mon
#25 Posted : 10/22/2010 11:39:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

one thing i love about dmt and aya is how similar they are to other passions in my life. as a base jumper i can remember my first cliff jump. at that time i had around 20 or so jumps from bridges and antennas so jumping a solid wall with a running start was a big step up in difficulty and risk.(its not as easy as you would think to get your legs to fully commit and run off a cliff)Laughing

so as i was waiting for my turn to jump i was fully pegged the fuck out! i looked to my mentor and asked him " man, when does base jumping stop being so F'n scary" he grinned and replied "kid it never stops being scary, you just learn how to go with it"

those are the wisest words i could ever hope to conjure up for you. the feeling i have before a journey is the EXACT same feeling prior to a base jump.

base has helped me cope with the fear but brother im still having issues with it. people can talk all ballsy about the fear, and how you just need to man up. all this from the "bravery of being out of range", but when its you in the moment there's really no counter measure that will remove the feeling. all you can do is trust that your intentions, knowledge, and experience will guide you as safe as possible.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

The Centre
#26 Posted : 10/22/2010 11:54:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:
one thing i love about dmt and aya is how similar they are to other passions in my life. as a base jumper i can remember my forst cliff jump. at that time a had around 20 or so jumps from bridges and antennas so jumping a solid wall with a running start was a big step up in difficulty and risk.(its not as easy as you would think to get your legs to fully commit and run off a cliff)
so as i was waiting for my turn to jump i was fully pegged the fuck out. i looked to my mentor and asked him "man, when does base jumping stop being so F'n scary" he grinned and replied "kid it never stops being this scary, you just learn how to go with it"

those are the wisest words i could ever hope to conjure up for you. the feeling i have before a journey is the EXACT same feeling prior to a base jump.

base has helped me cope with the fear but brother im still having issues with it. people can talk all ballsy about the fear and how you just need to man up all from the "bravery of being out of range", but when its you in the moment there's really no counter measure that will remove the feeling. all you can do is trust that your intentions, knowledge, and experience will guide you as safe as possible.

Yea, I can imagine it must be quite difficult to launch yourself from a cliff.

vovin
#27 Posted : 10/23/2010 12:43:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

The more I have taken of the spice the more I have learned to control it. In the beginning I would say that what you say is true about leaving your body behind but these days I can function prefectly while under the spice I have even taken large dosages and sat in a class room and participated. I think as with all things DMT related there is no one way or experience each is highly unique to the individual and every person has a experience that is generally similar but in detail totally unique.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Felnik
#28 Posted : 10/23/2010 1:45:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Vovin what you said rings true to me as well. I've reached a very strange point in my evolution where a large dose can actually have no effect at all.
Sometimes I can work from a point of no effects eventually into a full breakthrough experience with small ramping up doses. I can usually tell if something is going to happen or not.

As people have said starting low and working up is a great way to work. Its possible to gauge the intensity of whats happening and decide if your up to the full brunt of a stronger dose. Many times I've felt a certain aggressive feeling and realize in the moment that its going to be too much to handle and abort for another day. Other times there are certain signs that its going to be amazing and gentle on you. I've learned to read the signs and know myself more and more. Yellow caapi vine I find to be the most gentle of all . Black caapi vine can be like a freight train going at full tilt you have to hang on for your life with that stuff. I've had many an ass kicking with black caapi tea but its funny I think i've learned volumes of how to work with it from the most intense journeys.

My experiences are totally different now than in the beginning when I started. It seems undeniable that there is some kind of evolution to regular work with this molecule.

Even though I don't base jump I've always thought it was a similar kind of experience launching with DMT. It takes a certain kind of strength to take the leap.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

olympus mon
#29 Posted : 10/23/2010 2:16:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Felnik wrote:

My experiences are totally different now than in the beginning when I started. It seems undeniable that there is some kind of evolution to regular work with this molecule.

i couldn't agree more felnik. i was talking with a friend i helped with her first dmt journey last weekend about this very thing. i explained that what dmt did to me now is like completely different experience compared to a few years ago when i first started working with the molecule. there is no doubt a progression.

i too came to a place that i no longer left my body. in fact in the latter months before i stopped using smoked dmt the journeys became completely static. meaning they no longer had a landscape or venue. there were no more creatures and alien rooms there was just her the "system". aka the working model of the theory of everything. (t.o.e.)

dmt is by far the strangest of all entheo's because there is no pattern to the madness. its so completely subjective that any attempt to compare or contrast effects with one another is useless. its fascinating to a point of frustration at times and the power gained from unveiled comprehension can become addictive for me. its something i always have to keep in check because when i dont dmt will and she is far less forgiving Shocked Laughing

aetherbound
#30 Posted : 10/23/2010 3:33:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nothing too it but to do it! Buy the ticket and take the ride! Just ask yourself, Whats the worst that can happen?
Choke up on the bat and swing for the fence. You can't get off the coaster at the top of the hill so raise your arms in the air and wave them like you dont care!!!!
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

bringeroflight
#31 Posted : 10/23/2010 3:46:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Like aetherbound suggests, there's nothing to it- simply do it!! The closer you can get to thinking nothing, the readier you are for anything to happen IME.

The scariest moment of your life can happen anywhere, any time. DMT is not exceptional in that regard. Mortal danger? That's scary. DMT will never put you in that.
I am awake in a dream called reality.

olympus mon
#32 Posted : 10/23/2010 4:02:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:
people can talk all ballsy about the fear, and how you just need to man up. all this from the "bravery of being out of range", but when its you in the moment there's really no counter measure that will remove the feeling.

^^Laughing skullman and aetherbound- i chuckling because your comments demonstrate perfectly what i call "the bravery of being out of range" its an old saying we use to say in the 1st gulf war. it means its easy to say "fuck it, go for it bro, whats the worst that can happen" kind of stuff but your not in his shoes. you dont know what he is feeling because if you did you would realize how pointless telling him more or less "just dont worry bout it,batta bing!" really is.

i do know that fear thats why i can tell you that theres no way to DISMISS your fears. you must work through them in your own time at your own pace.

just my opinion guys im not trying to stomp on your posts. no harm meant i just disagree with that logic.

bringeroflight
#33 Posted : 10/23/2010 4:21:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey, I was just sharing my experience with him. If you have the definitive wisdom as to how one should navigate deep inner space, then maybe you should take over the thread from here.

It's not a gun ho, bravado, conquer-all mentality that I'm pushing here. Quite the opposite really, I'm telling him to relax.. so much as he can anyway. Letting his preconception and expectations down as much as possible will better allow him to embrace the impossible. Analysing the whole thing is pointless, it won't resolve your anxiety ime, because usually the analysis is the very result of your anxiety in the first place.

I'm not saying to dismiss the fear, I'm saying to not FEED the fear. That'll only take you farther away from your goal.

Don't get me wrong, it's good to have some pre-flight anxiety. It means that you're humble enough to at least somewhat appreciate the magnitude of the experience. And the truth is, this whole thing really is over one's head, so you may as well do what you can to ease the tensions. Using humility (ie: not bravado) to simply accept that damn near anything may be about to happen may be some of the best influence a traveler can actually have on his journey. I do really believe that calm goes a long way.

Predosing is also very good.

olympus mon
#34 Posted : 10/23/2010 4:42:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

skullhuman wrote:
Hey, I was just sharing my experience with him. If you have the definitive wisdom as to how one should navigate deep inner space, then maybe you should take over the thread from here.

whoa whoa... easy partner no ones attacking you. ive just been in many teaching environments through out life and trust me when this level of anxiety arises your logic is gone. so yes your posted ideas are very logical and im sorry you took such offense to anyone questioning them, but logic doesn't work when your dealing with strong fears.

if you want a list of the types of things ive prepared people for pm me. im not going to sit here and list my accolades but i will stand up for myself that i understand the mechanics of fear when it comes to how people can process information.
again i didnt mean to upset anyone by disagreeing with them. im not sure why you got so defensive.

bringeroflight
#35 Posted : 10/23/2010 4:48:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
^^Laughing skullman and aetherbound- i chuckling because your comments demonstrate perfectly what i call "the bravery of being out of range" its an old saying we use to say in the 1st gulf war. it means its easy to say "fuck it, go for it bro, whats the worst that can happen" kind of stuff but your not in his shoes. you dont know what he is feeling because if you did you would realize how pointless telling him more or less "just dont worry bout it,batta bing!" really is.

I'm sorry, I just found that really patronizing. "Fuck it, go for it bro" wasn't what I was telling him at all. Acceptance is your greatest ally in what lies ahead is more like it. Maybe I should have just said that?

olympus mon
#36 Posted : 10/23/2010 5:03:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

very true. i apologize i didn't mean to imply that was your advice specifically but its clear that it could read that way.
and the last thing i wanted to sound is condescending. hug? Laughing

your exactly right btw im just stating that the person needs to come to that conclusion themselves in their own time they cant be told it. it hold no water until they have a realization. thats all.
maybe i should have just said that.Wink

bringeroflight
#37 Posted : 10/23/2010 5:06:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Looking back over my post, I see how you came to interpret it that way.. and how I also missed the point of your post. I too apologize, hug returned Smile

Felnik
#38 Posted : 10/23/2010 3:52:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My only 2 cents is that there is good reason to have fear. There is a zone on this stuff that is as terrifying as anything imaginable. If its happened to you you know what i'm talking about. All rational techniques for handling fear break down and its a fight for your life. There is nothing that can prepare yourself for this experience other than remembering to breath.
Arthur C. Clarke

Swarupa
#39 Posted : 10/23/2010 4:21:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hyperspacing wrote:

Try taking a small hit and meditating a few minutes before your full dose. It seems to help a lot.

Yeah, ease yourself into it, i found that best, eventually instead of being scared of that vapor, you love it Very happy

The Centre
#40 Posted : 10/23/2010 5:38:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:
The more I have taken of the spice the more I have learned to control it. In the beginning I would say that what you say is true about leaving your body behind but these days I can function prefectly while under the spice I have even taken large dosages and sat in a class room and participated. I think as with all things DMT related there is no one way or experience each is highly unique to the individual and every person has a experience that is generally similar but in detail totally unique.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

What the fuck bru... You mean you where in class AFTER the trip right... (even that sounds nearly impossible...)

PREV1234NEXT