We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
The GVG.... Options

Eluna
#21 Posted : 11/23/2010 12:51:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gvg is amazing, i just got mine the other day.

Works so efficiently with anything you throw at it!

its also not as big as it looked online (which is a good thing)

Its a work of art!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Soulshine
#22 Posted : 11/23/2010 5:25:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another question.

When using the Turbo Flame, should the flame be turned all the way up? I don't know if any one read my bad head ache post or not, but i inhaled too much hot gas and got an imeadiate pressure migraine head ache that was one of the worst feelings ever.

I inhaled too hard, too quickly.

Is it best to slowly inhale using the torch in pulses?

Because it feels like you need to use a lot more vacuum power.

Thanks
The tragedy of life isn't that it's too short, it's that we take too long to begin it...

-NO TURN UNSTONED-
"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in !!!"

"Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity" - Pema Chodron

corpus callosum
#23 Posted : 11/23/2010 6:15:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

The key to the 'correct' flame is to have it long enough to enter the bowl without extending to, and touching, the ceramic filter.

In terms of rate of inhalation, after a few goes you get a feel for how hard you need to draw by gaugeing how the vapor feels on your throat.I find a long steady slow toke works well.If the tip of the flame is correctly positioned it can be held there without needing to 'pulse' it.

Practise,as with most things, makes perfect!!Very happy Shocked
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

endlessness
#24 Posted : 11/23/2010 6:20:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I make a gradual movement. The first second the torch is quite close to the whole ceramic element so it gets red, but I move it away gradually, so that when the pipe is noticeably getting denser with vapor, the flame is already getting quite far away. There's 'range' where it works perfect, but if you put too much light it will get harsh and too hot, and if you put too far away the hit wont be dense enough

Soulshine
#25 Posted : 11/24/2010 4:26:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I see your point... I suppose so. I think Trickster was just thinking of other options for me to try with out using so much heat. I do still use a small bong which would be nice to use the heat gun.

So many ways to go... still finding my nitch, which is starting to get frustrating. I'm getting closer though, in due time.

The tragedy of life isn't that it's too short, it's that we take too long to begin it...

-NO TURN UNSTONED-

Soulshine
#26 Posted : 12/11/2010 6:41:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Even a decent glass bong with a modified slider piece is over $100. Besides this is a nice thick pipe that is beautifly hand crafted, and once you get ur technique down (which took me a little while) its very smooth. You can still vape herb with it as well. And if you just get sucked in too fast, it won't get u wetLaughing .

When i first started smoking i used a large glass bong, cause thats all that was around. There were several times when i would fade back in only to realize that i forgot to put the bong down. Since then i bought a plastic bong a little less then a foot tall as a back up piece, or if multiple pieces are need for a group session.

To each his own... I do not regret buying the GVG, some may prefere a bong or bubbler. I've had friends try the GVG once, and never wish to try it again.

-NO TURN UNSTONED-

Electric.Sight
#27 Posted : 12/11/2010 7:11:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very useful links, thank you!
If only VG sold the bowl plug piece by itself I'd be set haha.

It looks like there are other products that would do the job that I'm looking for though, thanks again.Smile
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

MelCat
#28 Posted : 12/14/2010 1:54:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just got my GVG in the mail today. Waiting until I get the Arc lighter before I really give it a go.

I tried vaping some cannabis with a regular bic lighter but I don't like how long it takes before it starts to work.

I have a tri-flame torch lighter but I think that will be a bit much for it. I definitely don't want to crack it!

I was thinking... It's too bad that VaporGenie doesn't have an affiliate program. If every time someone from the nexus bought a vapor genie product, Trav would get a cut to help with bandwidth and server costs.

Just a thought...
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Swarupa
#29 Posted : 12/21/2010 5:30:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just bought the GVG Smile

What did you guys do to get the volcano liquid pad in there?

endlessness
#30 Posted : 12/21/2010 6:24:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good scissors should work fine. But wait till you have the genie to know the size.

Glad for you Chronic, you'll love the GVG Smile Im curious how it works for you , do let us know!

Swarupa
#31 Posted : 12/21/2010 6:27:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I read back through the thread & on page 3 antricoles described exactly how to use the volcano liquid pad...

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=16101&p=3

Really looking forward to vaping some pure spice Smile

From the vapor genie site:

Quote:
Do NOT use a torch style lighter, because torch lighters can cause cracks in the top glass part

Anyone with the arc experience this?
I presume that you just have to have some wits about you and not touch the flame to the glass

MelCat
#32 Posted : 12/22/2010 10:08:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used 6 screens with a mullein bed night before last and I had a lot of run off.

I'd recommend at least 8 screens if not more for any of the methods mentioned.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

endlessness
#33 Posted : 12/23/2010 10:19:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why is it not easily available? You can order the volcano liquid pad to anywhere in the world. Its legal, cheap and small so shipping wont be expensive.

tele
#34 Posted : 12/23/2010 10:40:52 AM
Explorer

endlessness wrote:
Why is it not easily available? You can order the volcano liquid pad to anywhere in the world. Its legal, cheap and small so shipping wont be expensive.

I checked their site and it's 5,10 euros including shipping, so it seems like easy to get after all... I guess I'll get some just to get it right.

One thing I'm not sure about is that after cutting up the liquid pad, isn't there a risk for some small metal pieces to fall out? Would securing the liquid pad with two-three screens below work as insurance so nothing might pass through?

Secondly, after usage, is it necessary to heat up the liquid pad so any possible remaining melted DMT will be eliminated? To avoid a stronger dose...

endlessness
#35 Posted : 12/23/2010 10:54:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As you cut it up small metal pieces can come out but you just shake it a little bit so no more is falling out, and once its in place it will be stable enough that nothing will happen. And yes having a screen or two below would anyways prevent it from falling through the pipe.

If you load a right sized dose, there should be no dmt left so it wouldnt be necessary to heaet up the liquid pad. Or you could just try to take another hit from it before adding more, so if there's anything left after a proper launch, you will just get a small hit or two and have it "cleared up" for next launch

Swarupa
#36 Posted : 12/23/2010 11:25:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Im still wary of cutting up the liquid pad, antricoles reocmmends cutting it in half then squishing each half down into the pipe, is that what you did endlessness?
Im sure you could also just trim a bit off the edge and keep the original disc thickness/how it was intended

endlessness
#37 Posted : 12/23/2010 11:26:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I trimmed it as you mention, keeping the original thickness, but im sure both ways will work perfectly.

Swarupa
#38 Posted : 12/23/2010 11:29:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thankyou end, hopefully the GVG will arrive next week just in time for new years eve Wink

tele
#39 Posted : 12/23/2010 1:33:49 PM
Explorer

Great, I'm getting a GVG too, but probably it won't be here this year...

I see that if the liquid pad is cut to 1/2 thickness and used like that one can suck air easier through the liquid pad as it's thinner and gets two filters from one...
But how many of you use liquid pad cut in half alone?

Eden
#40 Posted : 12/26/2010 6:13:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When first acclimating to GVG use, I had quite a bit of an issue with drip. Increasing the screen stacking helped the leak, but seemed to take more effort to fully vaporize the dose.

Since waking up to slow, slow, slow, 3 screens works just fine for me. The surface area of even one screen is rather high, and unless inhaling rapidly, drip should not be much of an issue.

PREV1234NEXT»