We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
new drug law Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 9/23/2010 4:50:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

This was posted origionally by circuitviii at the aya boards..

"Via the Drug Policy Alliance:

House Democrats have scheduled a horrible drug war bill for a vote
tomorrow (Wednesday). The Drug Trafficking Safe Harbor Elimination Act
of 2010 (H.R. 5231), written by Rep. Lamar Smith (a Republican drug
war extremist), would expand problematic drug conspiracy laws, apply
mandatory minimum drug sentences to more people, increase racial
disparities, and subject Americans to incarceration for drug offenses
and public health interventions that are legal in the foreign country
in which they’re committed. It expands the drug war at a time that
most Americans want major drug policy reform.

PLEASE:
Call Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi at (+1) 202-225-0100. When the
receptionist answers, say something like: "I'm calling to urge
Speaker Pelosi to cancel the vote on the Drug Trafficking Safe Harbor
Elimination Act that is scheduled for tomorrow. It is shameful that
Democrats are considering expanding the war on drugs, a war that is
being waged primarily on young people and communities of color. I
can’t believe Democrats are doing this."
Please “Share” this Note with your Newsfeed so your friends and family
can take action.

Further Talking Points / More Information:

The Drug Trafficking Safe Harbor Elimination Act of 2010 (H.R. 5231),
introduced by Rep. Lamar Smith (the only House member to speak against
reforming the racist crack/powder disparity), seeks to authorize U.S.
criminal prosecution of anyone in the U.S. suspected of conspiring
with one or more persons, or aiding or abetting one or more persons,
to commit at any place outside the United States an act that would
constitute a violation of the U.S. Controlled Substances Act if
committed within the United States.

These penalties apply even if the controlled substance is legal under
some circumstances in the other country. An American treatment
provider working with doctors in England, Denmark, Germany, or
Switzerland to provide heroin assisted treatment and sterile syringes
to heroin users in those countries could face arrest. As could an
otherwise law-abiding American planning with some friends to use
marijuana legally in the Netherlands while on vacation there.

This last point is extremely worrying - it would likely be applicable to those facilitating work with the medicine in Peru and elsewhere. Please share this information as widely as possible, and take the time to contact your representative.
You can find details of your representative (for US citizens) at
https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
And there is an e-petition at
http://www.petition2congress.com/2/3558 ... n-hr-5231/"
Long live the unwoke.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

hyperspacing
#2 Posted : 9/23/2010 5:00:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Will they ever realize this war on drugs is pointless? But hey it was created by our most noble president. . . . Nixon. What politician wouldn't wanna follow in that great leaders shoes. . . .
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

WSaged
#3 Posted : 9/23/2010 5:10:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hyperspacing wrote:
Will they ever realize this war on drugs is pointless?

Pointless?
It's making them billions of dollars a year & allowing control over billions of normal, peaceful people!!

It's working perfectly!!!
Even if the entire world knows it has done nothing to stop any kind of drug use...quite the opposite in fact!

Will the general public ever realize how our government straight up manipulates us with smiling, concerned faces...and care enough to do something about it?

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

hyperspacing
#4 Posted : 9/23/2010 5:49:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WSaged wrote:
hyperspacing wrote:
Will they ever realize this war on drugs is pointless?

Pointless?
It's making them billions of dollars a year & allowing control over billions of normal, peaceful people!!

It's working perfectly!!!
Even if the entire world knows it has done nothing to stop any kind of drug use...quite the opposite in fact!

Will the general public ever realize how our government straight up manipulates us with smiling, concerned faces...and care enough to do something about it?

WS

It costs exponentially more to investigate and incarcerate than any fines they may receive. I wish they were making money off it. Atleast then we could understand why they keep it up.

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

camdemonium
#5 Posted : 9/23/2010 6:05:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We're all sheeple and there's nothing that can be done about it except slowly fatten up for slaughter......

The reason that any mind-expanding substance will NEVER be legalized in the federal system is because they know it would open too many minds and they just can't have that, republican or democrat it doesn't matter; NEW PUPPET SAME PUPPETEER!
Om Mani Padme Hum

hyperspacing
#6 Posted : 9/23/2010 6:14:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

camdemonium wrote:
We're all sheeple and there's nothing that can be done about it except slowly fatten up for slaughter......

The reason that any mind-expanding substance will NEVER be legalized in the federal system is because they know it would open too many minds and they just can't have that, republican or democrat it doesn't matter; NEW PUPPET SAME PUPPETEER!

Yes. By scheduling drugs you don't have to vote on it to make it illegal. Therefore they can criminalize any substance they wish. The purpose of this at the time was to lock up anti-war activists who were LEGALLY protesting the vietnam war. They were losing their sheep to people who were spreading horrible ideology like peace and love. Rather than work and spend wich is the fuel our government runs on.

camdemonium
#7 Posted : 9/23/2010 7:53:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Doesn't it just make ya sick that WE are considered criminals, and the worst enemy of our government, even though all we want to do is live in peace?
Om Mani Padme Hum

jamie
#8 Posted : 9/23/2010 8:40:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

[/quote]

It costs exponentially more to investigate and incarcerate than any fines they may receive. I wish they were making money off it. Atleast then we could understand why they keep it up.
[/quote]

Big pharma and mind controll of the masses.
Long live the unwoke.

Malaclypse
#9 Posted : 9/23/2010 8:51:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:

Big pharma and mind controll of the masses.

Plus it seems that there is a shit ton of money in the Prison Industrial complex as well. It may not be the government that directly gets that money, but they can get it in the form of donations and all that type of jazz.

SKA
#10 Posted : 9/23/2010 9:00:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So if the war on Drugs is an economical enterprise, a corporate million dollar business, then we should go about ending the drug-war using economical-warfare tactics. Having been born and bred in western modern countries we learned from the best: The western modern world has allways been the master of economical warfare. We need to start seeing the drugwar-system as a corporation and ending it we should see as the ways to bankrupt this corporation.

Time for this system to be put at the receiving end of their own economical/political games.

Good, free spirited people! We can help end the drug war by doing everything we can to add more and more costs to the drugwar.
We have got to make sure that the costs of the drugwar will double, triple, quadruple...in as short a time possible.

Let's make them bankrupt. So eventhough the drugwar is allready costing them more than it pays them, we have got to make the costs exponentially rise, till it just flies through the ceiling. So bad that they are acutely out of business, bankrupt, economically 20 feet under.

I feel the same fate should meet every immoral corporate enterprise in the world.

hyperspacing
#11 Posted : 9/23/2010 9:00:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is kinda interesting click here

I don't really link the government with pharaceutical companies. There's been plenty of pharmacueticals made illegal by the government regardless of sales/taxes. While they do play a part of eachother any more than that I think is conspiracy theory.

WSaged
#12 Posted : 9/23/2010 10:04:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hyperspacing wrote:

Do a bit of reading about privatized prisons & the work that their prisoners do (chain gangs, textiles, etc...) for a few cents an hour...guess who makes a profit selling their work?

Are you aware that privatized prisons are traded on the stock market?
Guess how they gauge future profitability?
Over 75% of the people in prison are there for non-violent drug crimes.
A huge portion of them are pot related!!!
Not big time dealers waging war on each other...users.

you should watch this.

WS

All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

camdemonium
#13 Posted : 9/23/2010 10:06:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Once we privatize all our prisons, its over! Nice stuff WSaged very few people realize how our prison systems have become a BUSINESS!

The more you know, the scarier it isShocked Shocked

I for one am moving to the jungle, Who's with me?!?!?!
Om Mani Padme Hum

Infundibulum
#14 Posted : 9/24/2010 3:34:13 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

camdemonium wrote:

Escapism a solution? Since when?

Stay here and fight ya lazy bum!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

camdemonium
#15 Posted : 9/24/2010 5:55:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha well for now i will at least but one day i might fly the coop!
Om Mani Padme Hum

SKA
#16 Posted : 9/24/2010 1:39:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

camdemonium wrote:
Once we privatize all our prisons, its over! Nice stuff WSaged very few people realize how our prison systems have become a BUSINESS!

The more you know, the scarier it isShocked Shocked

I'm with you. For sure. 1001%
I've been checking out tropical patches of land with shorelines and islands.
Semi-remote from modern cities/towns is desirable. Far away to not be at significant threat of being overrun by glas-steel&concrete "civilisation" and all it's miseries, but close enough to still be able to have some sort of social connections and trade connections with people in concrete jungles.

I've been having many ideas as to how to aquire such land. PM me and we can team up on this. One other Nexus-member also PMed me about such community plans. That makes 3 of us. 9 of my friends here in the Netherlands are also serious about founding a community. I'm stil trying to convince them of the preferability of a jungle-shoreline or, better still, a fertile, jungle island or island group as being the most ideal location for such a community.

I was thinking of setting up a simple free forum especially for those that wish to join in the mission of uniting and founding a free, entheogenic, sustainable, selfproviding & ecofriendly community in a tropical/subtropical jungle enviroment in direct contact with the ocean.

There different ideas of different people could be discussed to form the plan of action needed to found such a community.
Could you help create such a forum?

I have allways thought that, if CEL has become an official, recognised organisation, it might be a good platform to launch the community from since it involves the practice of entheogenic freedom.

WSaged
#17 Posted : 9/24/2010 7:26:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

camdemonium wrote:

...and when they want that too?

WS

SnozzleBerry
#18 Posted : 9/24/2010 7:51:56 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

WSaged wrote:
hyperspacing wrote:

Do a bit of reading about privatized prisons & the work that their prisoners do (chain gangs, textiles, etc...) for a few cents an hour...guess who makes a profit selling their work?

Are you aware that privatized prisons are traded on the stock market?
Guess how they gauge future profitability?
Over 75% of the people in prison are there for non-violent drug crimes.
A huge portion of them are pot related!!!
Not big time dealers waging war on each other...users.

you should watch this.

WS

That's right...this is why they hold onto non-violent drug offenders while paroling truly hardened criminals. Think about...who makes for a better, more easily-controlled and generally "peaceful" slave population? Crazed rapists and murderers or Johnny Appleweed who got caught growing a couple plants. I can't believe people try to argue that we are losing money on this. The Prison Industrial Complex is THE MOST PROFITABLE industry in the US and that's a fact. Think about it, it's actually no different than slavery and it sickens me. The fact that the vast majority of people are uneducated about or unaware of this is a travesty.

To quote Huey Freeman from The Boondocks:

The prison industrial complex is a system situated at the intersection of government and private interest. It uses prisons as a solution to social, political, and economic problems. It includes human rights violations, the death penalty, slave labor, policing, courts, the media, political prisoners, and the elimination of dissent.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Eden
#19 Posted : 9/24/2010 8:19:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

I feel I would desire to "fly the coop" so to speak, even if society was not in its current sad state.
Couldn't this be seen not as an escape from civilization, but as a return to the life we abandoned ages ago?

Put more eloquently:
Thoreau wrote:
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it.

Infundibulum
#20 Posted : 9/24/2010 8:45:58 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Eden wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

I feel I would desire to "fly the coop" so to speak, even if society was not in its current sad state.
Couldn't this be seen not as an escape from civilization, but as a return to the life we abandoned ages ago?

Try to escape civilisation?

The "civilisation" will come after you no matter where you hide; it's a matter of time.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

12NEXT