We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Acids Options

pvitity
#21 Posted : 4/3/2012 12:50:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish wrote:
Regular white vinegar usually 5% acetic acid in the store. If you live near a grocery store you should be fine.

Believe me, there is only wine, cider, malt vinegar and so on. Here's a an example.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

wearepeople
#22 Posted : 8/17/2012 2:17:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
Spock's Brain wrote:
benzyme - would ascorbic acid - vitamin C - be suitable and favorable for extraction methods? One could grind up some vitamin C with a mortar and pestle and create an acid solution?

yes, as it is water soluble. it greatly helps to heat the water too (not necessarily boil though), solubility increases exponentially with temperature

Hey Hey Benz,

First off, I'm no chemist. But I did find this:

http://galileo.phys.virg...desol/TempSolubility.htm

or a bit higher credentials:
http://www.lenntech.com/.../solubility-in-water.htm

Or best yet:
http://www.scribd.com/do...121552/Hydrogen-Chloride (pp 813 Table 5)

To me it says HCl solubility in water decreases with and increase in temperature.

Would this be the same for DMT HCl?

In other words, Should cold water be used when HCl acid baths are done?
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Infundibulum
#23 Posted : 8/17/2012 12:10:48 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

wearepeople wrote:
To me it says HCl solubility in water decreases with and increase in temperature.[/color]

Would this be the same for DMT HCl?

In other words, Should cold water be used when HCl acid baths are done?

The solubility of HCl decreases with hotter temoeratures because HCl is a gas, not a solid, dissolved in water. As it goes with gasses, they are more volatile in hot temperatures and consequently they have a higher propensity to escape off of a solution. The exact same thing happens with carbonated drinks, where the solubility of the gaseous CO2 decreases with temperature.

DMT HCl is a solid and not a volatile gas, so its solubility increases with increased temperature.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

PREV12