We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
5-MeO-DMT Infused herb Options

Mindlusion
#21 Posted : 7/29/2011 7:21:07 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

rOm wrote:
Mindlusion, why not freebasing it ?
Though it looks like freebasing it too high (I don't know what it means) might mess the alcaloids.
I dunno if the HCL is as good in FB form but you say it works well when smoked ?
I too got some of this HCL and dunno if a simplme FB conversion like I'd do with dmt would work smoothly.

It would definitely be necessary for another compound, like DPT for example, for 2 main reasons.

The dose, the dose for 5-meo-dmt is around 8-15mg, so vaporizing this small amount of compound, the HCl is easily vaporized and converted to freebase, without any trouble at all. This would be much more difficult with say DPT hydrochloride, because a good dose is around 80-120mg, so it would be very harsh on the lungs, and the compound wouldn't vaporize efficiently due to the HCl.

The second reason, is that usually you will have a much smaller quantity of 5-Meo-DMT then a tryptamine like DPT, and naturally, you would want to save as much as you can, so if freebasing is not necessary for a good dose, it is not worth the loss of compound.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

rOm
#22 Posted : 7/30/2011 11:17:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

okay, thanks for clarifying this mindlusion. So I might just leave the HCL and smoke it as salt then. Will be cool zen.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Not Sure
#23 Posted : 7/31/2011 5:16:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SHroomtroll wrote:
I just got 100mg of what should be lab grade 5meo-dmt, however i thought it would be white powder but got brown/grey crystal chunks.

I know my source is legit but i have not heard any reviews lately, could 5meo look like this?

Also could i use acetone to infuse this? i on´t have a mg scale only a +-10mg so i will probably infuse it with 1g mint and start real low.

I have had 5-meo-dmt like that before. It was the freebase that I had. The end result depends on how the chemical was synthesized.
“Psychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existed”

rOm
#24 Posted : 8/5/2011 1:07:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just made a 10% mix, with 350mg Sacred Blue Lilly 5:1 extract, a pinch of lavender and calea z. 10:1 to top up to 500mg.
Dissolved the 50mg 5MED in distilled water as it's HCL, mix it well.
Will report back the result.

rOm
#25 Posted : 11/21/2011 2:00:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This mix 10% with HCL wasn't conclusive at low dose. I didn't want to up too much however.
I 'm now a 10% freebase from another batch.
there is 100mg 5meo-dmt FB, 650mg mullein leaves and 250mg 10:1 calea zacatechichi leaves also. So it's actually a little lower 10%, maybe 9.

PREV12