We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Delosperma cooperi - Trailing Iceplant extraction? Options

raveresearch
#21 Posted : 12/23/2013 1:41:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I got this colour in my home Smile buy them before few days ,will post pictures tommorow .

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pharmacognosis
#22 Posted : 12/24/2013 5:19:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

D.Cooperi has had alot of attempts made on it with little result, both here and at the Nook. Fourthripley there got the furthest on his experiments, there are perhaps 4 or 5 other threads there on this. Here is a repost of his work for the sake of spreading valuable experiential data hidden from google spiders: (Note: this genus has great potential, but people need to look beyond d. Cooperi. Also accelerated succulent rearing techniques like semi-hydroponics used for orchids would make growth more rapid and bulk production more feasible).

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:35 AM
The process.

330g of Delosperma foliage, harvested sept/oct, was dried to 10g and finely powdered.The powder was soaked in a weak slution of phosphoric acid over a period of about four weeks, with the acidc water changed once.The two portions were combined and filtered.
The solution was heated to boiling in an enamel pan and a generous amount of KOH 50% solution was added.Colour change was observed, along with the release of 'indole' smell, very pleasant.My crappy indicator strips measured a PH of at least 9.5, I added another 50ml of the KOH to be sure.
The basified solution was again brought up to boiling and then decanted into two jars.Approx 50ml per jar of Naptha(Swan extra refined lighter fuel) was added to each jar.They were inverted a few times and pressure released, then given a good violent shake.When layers settled, not unexpectedly, the solvent layer contained a large amount of white, soapy looking junk.The solvent layer was siphoned off and saved.
I reheated the basic solution and added more KOH, decanted to jars, yadda yadda yadda...Solvent layer was much cleaner on this pull.Repeated a third time and combined solvents.
I prepared a- way over the top, I think- solution of phosphoric acid.This was added to the solvent and the jar violently shaken, solvent siphoned off.Repeated three times and combined the acid solutions.These were heated to boiling in an enamel pan.This was my most important lesson: DO NOT, as I learnt, add KOH to a very hot, acidic solution AND WEAR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING: I had had chem goggles, heavy duty gloves and long thick sleeves.On adding the KOH it seemed to literally jump out of the pan, spattering everywhere, very violent, with a fearful amount of noise Smile .Unprotected I could have been fucked.I let the solution cool and managed to rebasify by dilluting some KOH and adding slowly until the violence of the reaction subsided.AS a resut of over acidifying I had to use rather an excess of the expensive KOH, which was a bummer.I was very pleased with myself to have protected my eyes and skin effectively.Again I checked PH and added more base.
The hot basic solution was poured into jars as before and solvent extracted.Two pulls, ran out of time, solution waiting third.The solution was reheated before second pull.
The combined solvent was placed in a jar in the freezer.After a few hours, white and off-white material had precipitated to the bottom of the jar.Also some sediment from the basified solution had got caught up in there.
The solvent was heated up with a hot water bath and stirred until most material had dissolved.This was filtered, with the solvent kept at a high temperature.Some brown, insoluble material was filtered out.When cooled to room temperature the jar of solvent was again placed in the freezer.Left for a few hours and then the solvent was poured off into another jar, leaving an off-white solid in the bottom of the jar.The poured off solvent was placed in the freezer to see if any more would fall out: none did.The jar containing the off-white solid was left to dry at room temperature.To facilitate drying I smashed the sides of the jar,and left the base with the material to dry near my boiler.After approx a week the off-white solid had dried to an odourless wet looking, crystalline state.No solvent smell at all.

Tasting

I placed the sample in a homemade lightbulb pipe and heated.Experienced stimlation, pronounced nystagmus, sexual stimulation.Very pleasant, clear headed stoned feeling.The phone went and I was able to handle the call competently, although my mind was a complete blank.Lame report, but very difficlt to describe.Very pleasant, I guessing the actives to be predominantly 5-meo.Went upstairs to clean pipe, a lovely triptamine smell from it.I inhaled and inhaled the the odour residues from the pipe, I guess my vaporising technique leaves a lot to be desired.With every inhalation the experience built a little, enjoyable but somewhat frustrating.I had full on tryptamine lust.I took the small portion I hadn't vaporised and rashly snorted it.Burning pain that happily translated into the material kicking in with pain vanishing, not unlike snuffing Yopo.This extended the experience in a similar vein, perhaps with enhanced physicallity.It was a good morning :wub: and I consider the experiment a success.
In conclussion, I consider Delosperma Cooperii worth pursuing as a source of active tryptamines.The rub is getting enough raw starting material.330g to 10g dry converts to something like over 30kg wet to aquire 1kg dry.That's a lot of succulent.On the plus side, this stuff grows very easily and cuttings are an absolute doddle to root, broken stems stuck into cold dirt are soon baby plants.Legal, easily grown and attractive.

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

I've played with these a bit. Aya type experiments with fresh foliage produced threshold results, although this is unwise due to the high oxalic acid component of the plants. I have a/b'd twice; there is a report of an extraction of mine tucked away in the lab (embarrasingly gushy :wacked: ) that gave me high hopes, but sadly a repeat experiment with a much greater amount of plant material produced scarcely anything, save confirming to me that desirable alks are indeed present; nice spicey smell but barely visible to the naked eye. For a meaningful extraction you are looking at a lot of plant material. I've never seen any published % for this plant. I have a feeling there must be enviromental, age, harvest time, feeding regime etc. factors at work; although what they may be I don't know...
Regards getting clean material to work with, these must be some of the easiest plants to propagate from cuttings. Broken plant bits stuck in unprepared dirt will root reliably and grow fast

Pharmacognosis
#23 Posted : 12/24/2013 6:20:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Two delosperma species in particular I think need more attention. While very few delosperma show n'n in their profile according to Trout's research, a good number show strong 5-meo presence. Delosperma litorale in particular is worthy of attention because it showed a dark blue band in the xanthydrol assays, as did 4 others tested. However D. litorale is one of the few that are actually commonly seen in the nursery trade. This species is known in California as Delosperma Alba, and that name has spread everywhere else. What is also interesting is that this species has naturalized in southern California, and was used as landscaping at Disneyland, which is why it is also called Disneyland Iceplant.

If someone is here from the Los Angeles area it would aid research in this area greatly if they would gather some of the wild iceplants in that area for testing, they have white flowers and have been said to grow along the stone embankments / shoreline of the LA area, especially near the themepark. Just drying, pulverizing, and smoking should so some result if 5-meo is present.

Delosperma Brittenae is the other one worthy of attention, it showed the highest degree of 5meo of the group, is available in the succulent trade at at least 2 vendors, and would probably thrive using semi-hydro techniques.

EDIT: An additional find. Mesa Garden has Delosperma Pageanum listed in their seedlist for 2014. Trout's Some Simple Tryptamines has this entry:

Delosperma pageanum
Dec. 1994 (Ehrlichs) and August 1995 harvest. Good DMT
(co-occurring with 5-MeO-DMT) band (Dec. 1994 harvest; same material retested with Xanthydrol in 1996) Cooccurrence also observed in August and December 1995
harvests assayed in Sept 1996 (Xanthydrol)

This is one of the very few with good dark NN band. These more obscure species are rarely available, theres only one other place I know of with as comprehensive a catalog, that is Arrowhead Alpines which has D. Harazianum and Ecklonis listed among other uninteresting varieties. Pageanum had better assay results however according to SST.

fidget
#24 Posted : 8/15/2014 6:44:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been away for some time, but was recently given a few cuttings of this plant (along side others). How peculiar. The spice has its ways?

Interesting thread,...has Anyone had any success acquiring or assaying Pageanum?

P.s.....it's good to be back, nexus.
All of my posts are generated by CrapChatBot_V2.012a. No real parson is associated with any of the content which may be spontaneously created.

The Runner
#25 Posted : 4/30/2015 11:42:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello guys , i found this today , and there is no delosperma ID thread Razz
so can anyone help me confirm that what i have is Delosperma coopri ?
I'm a Runner , my feet just loathe the ground , up a mountain i go running steal your flowers to my cave , i'm a waste of sunshine , a petty rainbow slave ..

vert green
#26 Posted : 7/24/2017 8:26:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The previous response to this topic was over 2 years ago. I'm posting with the intention of keeping information about the Delosperma genus still active.
At some local garden supply stores (in the northeast), there's a variety of Delosperma: cooperi, nubigenum, "basutoland" in addition to a few others from the list. The cooperi does well in this climate, although the nubigenum does well also.
As of yet, I haven't harvest any, as I'm establishing the plants at this point in the year.

It is my personal philosophy that the spice-containing plant should be grown alongside the mao-i-containing plants. It's my gardening philosophy that the two plants work as a team, and should be grown, and treated as a team, for the most beneficial effect.

The Omniverse will always provide the answer. This is the easy part. Ask, you shall receive.
The real problem comes once you know. Playing dumb is no longer an option.

endlessness
#27 Posted : 7/25/2017 11:57:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Get an extraction going and we can get it tested to see if there's DMT Smile

An dre y
#28 Posted : 7/8/2019 12:57:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I tried smoking dry folliage simmilar taste as smokinh mhrb, desert rose is everyehere where I live I wanna know the best and simplest extraction method the plant grows in abundance so I have more then a few attempts of successful extraction. I smoked changa 4 times never broketrough. Im new here any help is morethan wellcome and appreciated! Tnx for all the usefull info on the forum!

twitchy
#29 Posted : 7/8/2019 4:18:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've bought some D. Cooperi from a nursery and started a few from seed as well. I can't speak to extractions but I can tell you they like a well draining sandy soil, can handle full sun and they don't like clay soils. If they aren't used to full sun, harden them off gradually though as they can get sun burned, and this is indicated by a reddish brown color from which they recover pretty fast once corrected. Keep them weeded at first as it takes some time for them to get established but grow pretty fast once they get a footing. Cooperi is supposed to be the most cold hardy of the genus. Water them regularly in the summer, and keep them relatively dry in the winter and if possible taper their water off during the fall as winter approaches as they will need to transpire alot of water to improve their cold hardiness.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Mentok
#30 Posted : 3/20/2022 11:03:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very interested ice plant grows abundant inmy country.

PREV12