We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
mesc sulfate crystals, 400x mag. Options

benzyme
#21 Posted : 8/31/2010 1:33:03 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

so the friend took 400 mg..
he said it was the cleanest experience he ever had. 10 hours of clarity and bliss, no anxiety. saturated colors with some darker hues, geometric visuals; every breath seemed energetic and fueled the visuals. no crash, just a feeling of well-being the next day, joyous reflection.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Phlux-
#22 Posted : 8/31/2010 11:47:01 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

orsim - thats it - next load is sulphate.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

dg
#23 Posted : 8/31/2010 2:33:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

benzyme wrote:
maybe 200-500 um (they were broken up with a microspatula). they're really tiny

is the tiny size a symptom of the ultra sonic thing you posted?
i commonly get crystals 1/4" or longer

benzyme
#24 Posted : 8/31/2010 2:41:12 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

you know, it could be.

but they sure got clean. cleaner than the magnified ones posted on erowid, that's for sure Cool
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

mindash
#25 Posted : 9/3/2010 6:12:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bravo benz man, that stuff looks dangerous lol

dg
#26 Posted : 9/4/2010 1:27:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

benzyme wrote:
you know, it could be.

but they sure got clean. cleaner than the magnified ones posted on erowid, that's for sure Cool

yes, they look very nice. i think i mentioned once before that eroid pictures needed an update Smile

i find a slow crash at room temp or fridge with minimal tone grows larger crystals with this method, but i usually add tone until it turns cloudy, then pop in freezer

i'm sure you dont need this benz, but for others>
An easy re crystalization of hydrocloric or sulfuric:
add dried crystals to hot acetone or mek, add drops of water until all the crystals are totally dissolved, simmer on low heat to reduce a bit
pop back in freezer

Mindlusion
#27 Posted : 10/3/2012 9:25:12 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

benzyme wrote:
ACS-grade is for those who aren't scared of chemicals; typically higher purity than USP-grade and tech-grade. it's what's generally referred to as "lab-grade".

if one seeks ACS-grade, it's because one will settle for nothing less than 99.8% pure chemicals.

Laughing
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

benzyme
#28 Posted : 1/14/2017 2:51:46 AM

analytical chemist

gonna retry this. Big grin
already salted with dilute sulf.

...and now I have LCMS.

Poekus
#29 Posted : 1/14/2017 8:47:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I want to make some sulphate too (those crystals are so nice) but have no clue how to get rid of potential excess of sulphuric acid. The source of the extraction is not consistent so there is no way to tell in advance how much to titrate.

Is there a way to clean the excess acid or way to titrate so that the excess acid can't end up in the end product?

I have 98% sulphuric acid at home as well as decent lab glassware / filters / vacuum .

Muskogee Herbman
#30 Posted : 1/14/2017 1:38:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

awesome photos, and tons of great info thank you Benz Smile
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

benzyme
#31 Posted : 1/14/2017 1:53:21 PM

analytical chemist

Poekus wrote:
I want to make some sulphate too (those crystals are so nice) but have no clue how to get rid of potential excess of sulphuric acid. The source of the extraction is not consistent so there is no way to tell in advance how much to titrate.

Is there a way to clean the excess acid or way to titrate so that the excess acid can't end up in the end product?

I have 98% sulphuric acid at home as well as decent lab glassware / filters / vacuum .

residual sulfuric acid shouldn't be present after evap, but any residual will be in solution (the acetone/water), and complexed salts will crash out. simply filter out the salts, while rinsing with cold acetone.

Muskogee Herbman wrote:
awesome photos, and tons of great info thank you Benz Smile

always welcome Thumbs up

benzyme
#32 Posted : 1/14/2017 3:51:26 PM

analytical chemist

rotavap'ng the salts. sulfate solutions aren't exactly volatile, this is going to take a while.
at least it looks cloudy, and the pH is in the low 5's.

entheogenic-gnosis
#33 Posted : 1/14/2017 4:38:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just posting more or less just as a book mark so I can follow this thread. (Picture is of mescaline citrate extracted from trichocereus Pachanoi)

-eg
entheogenic-gnosis attached the following image(s):
KINDLE_CAMERA_1467481666000.jpg (183kb) downloaded 195 time(s).

Poekus
#34 Posted : 1/14/2017 4:40:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So you're distilling the solution off to remain the crystals. What's the purpose of that as you mentioned the crystals crash out and can be filtered after titration? Did you over titrate with solution so that the mescaline sulphate keeps dissolved in solution?

benzyme
#35 Posted : 1/14/2017 5:03:48 PM

analytical chemist

I'm doing an initial evap. I will redissolve the solute (which is greenish), in acetone:water, 60:40, as I had done previously.
this dissolves the solute when warm, and crashes it out when cold. then (i may sonicate first), I vac filter, rinse with cold acetone,
then cold naphtha.

entheogenic-gnosis
#36 Posted : 1/17/2017 2:45:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is there a reason why you chose to produce the sulfate salt?

-eg

JustAnotherHuman
#37 Posted : 1/17/2017 3:33:53 PM

You create your own reality

benzyme wrote:
sorry for the poor res, it was taken with a cheap Celestron usb microscope
but it's about 99% pure.

Such pretty crystals benzyme!Love Looks just like shards of broken glass! Amazing!

99% purity? Damn son!Big grin
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

benzyme
#38 Posted : 1/17/2017 3:34:49 PM

analytical chemist

crystal resolution.
they aren't as hygroscopic as other salts, and store well, long term.
mescaline isn't affected by autooxidation

entheogenic-gnosis
#39 Posted : 1/20/2017 2:35:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
crystal resolution.

Makes sense, the sulfate salt does have a reputation for producing brilliant crystals...

It's the sulfate and the hydrochloride which are encountered most often...

I have a good deal of the citrate salt on hand, but intend to produce samples of the hydrochloride and the sulfate. I want to have a sample of all the various salt forms of mescaline on hand eventually.

Have you noticed the "broad and uncharacteristic" melting point which shulgin mentions for the sulfate salt in PIHKAL?

Mescaline free base = Exact Mass: 211.121 g/mol

Citric acid = 192.12 g/mol
H2s04 = 98.079 g/mol
HCL = 36.458 g/mol

98.079 + 211.261 = 309.34 g/mol mescaline sulfate

211.261 + 36.458 = 247.719 g/mol = Mescaline hydrochloride

This makes the sulfate 11% heavier than the hydrochloride, which really is not that big of a difference, but still must be taken into account when weighing out doses...from this perspective it's the hydrochloride salt which would be the most desirable, though as long as one understands that the dose must be adjusted to compensate for this, I suppose that ultimately it really doesn't matter.

-eg

Mindlusion
#40 Posted : 1/20/2017 3:16:48 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
benzyme wrote:
crystal resolution.

Have you noticed the "broad and uncharacteristic" melting point which shulgin mentions for the sulfate salt in PIHKAL?

--

Usually due to the presence of water
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

PREV123NEXT