We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
mesc sulfate crystals, 400x mag. Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 8/26/2010 1:33:09 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

sorry for the poor res, it was taken with a cheap Celestron usb microscope
but it's about 99% pure.
benzyme attached the following image(s):
ms.bmp (901kb) downloaded 1,136 time(s).
ms2.bmp (901kb) downloaded 1,127 time(s).
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

benzyme
#2 Posted : 8/26/2010 1:38:42 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

came from this pull
benzyme attached the following image(s):
0801001719.jpg (47kb) downloaded 1,123 time(s).
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

camakazi
#3 Posted : 8/26/2010 1:41:02 AM

RUN DMT

ooft!... they look amazing benzyme.

How did you achieve 99 percent purity?
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 8/26/2010 2:23:23 AM

analytical chemist

thanks
vac filtration of an acetone/water crashout (freeze precip), further rinsed with pet ether

camakazi
#5 Posted : 8/26/2010 2:33:25 AM

RUN DMT

nice!
what was the source for the mesc?

This will be the next step for me, these lovely crystals and a friends tales of his experiences have urged me on to do some cacti work.. finally!
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

benzyme
#6 Posted : 8/26/2010 2:37:39 AM

analytical chemist

it was sp powder a friend got from compras peru

camakazi
#7 Posted : 8/26/2010 2:41:34 AM

RUN DMT

would you say torch is the way to go then?... also, what was the weight of that yield you have there?

benzyme
#8 Posted : 8/26/2010 3:32:03 AM

analytical chemist

never messed with torch, so i don't know.

610 mg in the weighing tray

Phlux-
#9 Posted : 8/26/2010 12:56:08 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

mesc sulphate has the prettiest xtals but iv always avoided it for some unconfirmed health concern about suphates.
benzy - how do u find m sulphate
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Adivino
#10 Posted : 8/26/2010 1:18:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think that ingesting mescaline.sulfate would be a health risk, at least at this level. San Pellegrino water has a sulfate concentration of 459mg/l (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Pellegrino).
The text above was typed by frenzy monkeys randomly hitting their keyboards.

Infundibulum
#11 Posted : 8/26/2010 1:50:07 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Phlux- wrote:
mesc sulphate has the prettiest xtals but iv always avoided it for some unconfirmed health concern about suphates.
benzy - how do u find m sulphate

Yeah, what's that with the sulfate health problems?

Who started this rumour? Both magnesium sulphate and heparan sulphate can be used as health supplements on daily basis. Or it relates to the difficultly of obtaining food grade sulphuric acid (for those who like to go food-grade all the way?)

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

corridors of my cells
#12 Posted : 8/26/2010 2:32:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzy Smile good work man. they look so nice. I wouldnt dare eatin them. I presume u gonna put them in some casing and watch them every morning u wake up Smile... congrats my friend

Phlux-
#13 Posted : 8/26/2010 2:51:03 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

whats food grade sulphuric acid ? sulphuric acid u can drink or add to ur food ?
also what the hell is food grade acetone supposed to mean ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

benzyme
#14 Posted : 8/26/2010 2:57:52 PM

analytical chemist

food-grade phosgene.

the grackle will eat the m sulfate when he has time, maybe labor day

endlessness
#15 Posted : 8/26/2010 3:06:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As for acetone, you do know it is present naturally in small amounts in fruits and so on, right? But when one buys it in industrial grade (or general unguaranteed hardware store acetone), it could very well have some heavy metal or other contaminants (maybe in some cases not, or maybe too little to have any negative health repercussion, but there is the possibility, which some people dont want to risk)

I usually get USP grade acetone, which is basically what one could call food-grade. Its significantly more expensive than normal acetone but I feel its worth it because often enough depending on what process im doing, acetone is the last product to 'touch' my final product, so considering I am putting it inside of my body, I rather make sure that any small amounts of impurities present will be benign

benzyme
#16 Posted : 8/26/2010 5:22:19 PM

analytical chemist

endlessness wrote:
I usually get USP grade acetone, which is basically what one could call food-grade.

^^

this

n00bs and chemically-challenged take note: it's called USP-grade.

w0mbat
#17 Posted : 8/27/2010 11:51:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
endlessness wrote:
I usually get USP grade acetone, which is basically what one could call food-grade.

^^

this

n00bs and chemically-challenged take note: it's called USP-grade.

ACS grade is just as good, right?
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

benzyme
#18 Posted : 8/28/2010 12:01:44 AM

analytical chemist

ACS-grade is for those who aren't scared of chemicals; typically higher purity than USP-grade and tech-grade. it's what's generally referred to as "lab-grade".

if one seeks ACS-grade, it's because one will settle for nothing less than 99.8% pure chemicals.

dg
#19 Posted : 8/28/2010 3:55:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

neat! so how long would you say the crystals were pre-magnification

benzyme
#20 Posted : 8/28/2010 4:19:27 AM

analytical chemist

maybe 200-500 um (they were broken up with a microspatula). they're really tiny

123NEXT