«PREV164165166
official extraction help thread Options

downwardsfromzero
#3301 Posted : 2/8/2021 1:45:35 AM

Peeing into the abyss

Chemical expertSenior Member

der-seemann wrote:
Mixing NPS

I have some limonene for "full spectrum" extraction, but it is not really much. Can i mix it with (much cheaper) naphtha to have a bigger quantity of NPS for easier handling? Also the amount of limonene that gets trapped in the basic soup will be less this way. The naphtha that is trapped doesn't matter.
I'll salt the goodies anyway with acetic acid to get them out of the NPS, so bigger quantity is no problem here.

Will the dilution with lets say 50 : 50 naphtha hurt the solubility a lot?
Anything else to keep in mind?

That's certainly a worthwhile idea to explore. I think you'll only get the answers to your questions by experimenting a bit. There's no compelling reason not to do it that springs to my mind other than that it might not apply so well to cactus extractions. Or would it? Confused
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

changaforchange
#3302 Posted : 2/8/2021 2:49:24 AM

changaforchange

Hy everyone - I thought I should share my own experience and advise on the small changes I made to the original Cybs Hybrid in order to obtain this marvellous dish (see attachment).

50g MHRB + 60ml white vinegar + 30g quality rock salt + 50g lye + 4x50ml regular zippo fluid = 1.3 dmt

The photo I am sharing is actually of the 3rd attempt when I decided to allow for a few changes in the waiting times - previous results, following tek verbatim, gave me a mix of yellower flakes and gooish brown stuff (which I used anyway for changa and worked well too) - yields vary between 0.8 and 1.1 anyways.

This last attempt I decided to allow for longer waiting time and not apply warm baths:

acidifying = vinegar and water to boil then add and cool for 3hrs (mixing regularly)
salting = salt and water to boil then add and cool for another 3hrs (mixing regularly)
basifying = lye dissolved in water then add and cool for another 3hrs (mixing regularly)
NPS = as per tek (picture is 4 pulls altogether)

Well, it looks like the extra time did make a difference - however, my heat baths may have been more on the hot side and this may have affected previous results.

changaforchange attached the following image(s):
IMG_0012 copia.png (354kb) downloaded 108 time(s).
changa is my medicine

swimer
#3303 Posted : 2/13/2021 2:56:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there! Im slowly preparing to my Max Ion Tek but it's been a looong time since my last tek(more than 2 years) so i don't remember everything as it was. I will be doing 100g of MHRB and just need someone to confirm that im doing everything correctly. If there is at least one soul who will take time to read it and check for errors i will be really greatfull.

Freeze/thaw:
I will put about 300-400ml of distiled water into pyrex dish mixed with powdered MHRB and do the whole process of heating => cooling to room temp => freezing.
After doing the process for 3 times i will put the whole material(mixed with 400ml water) into extraction vesel.

Acidify:
I will mix 50ml of distiled water with 50ml of vinegar and put it into extraction vessel. After adding heatbath for 8h in 55c dropping to 40c and reheating back to 55c.
Should have about 0.5l of solution(400ml added during freeze/thaw + 50ml water and 50ml vinegar from acidify).

Defat: skip because mhrb

Salinate: I will put about 80g of NaCL into 200ml of water(60c) and then top it up with another 800ml to get 1litre of salt solution. Add it to the jar(now i have 1,5l in the jar).

Base:
40g of lye mixed with 100ml of cool water(25c) and add it to the jar(~1.7l now). Again heatbath 55c dropping to 40c but this time 2hours.

Pulls:
I will be adding 50ml of hot zippo fuel(60c?) then roll/circular slow shake and wait for separation(repeating 3 times before pull). Total of 6 pulls will be done so 300ml of zippo fuel needed.

Here i get counfused:
I take jar and put my first pull into jar. After it is in room temperature i put it into freezer. Every another pull is added to the jar in freezer. Then i take it out and evaporate 40% with fan.
I dont understand how should i go from point 11. to 12. The whole jar will be full of crystals at the bottom so it will not be possible to just pull it out to the pyrex dishes?
Also after 18h in freezer i should just pure the naphta from my pyrex dishes and as soon as possible put the dishes under fan to dry right?

00Burnout
#3304 Posted : 2/13/2021 5:14:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swimer wrote:
Hi there! Im slowly preparing to my Max Ion Tek but it's been a looong time since my last tek(more than 2 years) so i don't remember everything as it was. I will be doing 100g of MHRB and just need someone to confirm that im doing everything correctly. If there is at least one soul who will take time to read it and check for errors i will be really greatfull.

Freeze/thaw:
I will put about 300-400ml of distiled water into pyrex dish mixed with powdered MHRB and do the whole process of heating => cooling to room temp => freezing.
After doing the process for 3 times i will put the whole material(mixed with 400ml water) into extraction vesel.

Acidify:
I will mix 50ml of distiled water with 50ml of vinegar and put it into extraction vessel. After adding heatbath for 8h in 55c dropping to 40c and reheating back to 55c.
Should have about 0.5l of solution(400ml added during freeze/thaw + 50ml water and 50ml vinegar from acidify).

Defat: skip because mhrb

Salinate: I will put about 80g of NaCL into 200ml of water(60c) and then top it up with another 800ml to get 1litre of salt solution. Add it to the jar(now i have 1,5l in the jar).

Base:
40g of lye mixed with 100ml of cool water(25c) and add it to the jar(~1.7l now). Again heatbath 55c dropping to 40c but this time 2hours.

Pulls:
I will be adding 50ml of hot zippo fuel(60c?) then roll/circular slow shake and wait for separation(repeating 3 times before pull). Total of 6 pulls will be done so 300ml of zippo fuel needed.

Here i get counfused:
I take jar and put my first pull into jar. After it is in room temperature i put it into freezer. Every another pull is added to the jar in freezer. Then i take it out and evaporate 40% with fan.
I dont understand how should i go from point 11. to 12. The whole jar will be full of crystals at the bottom so it will not be possible to just pull it out to the pyrex dishes?
Also after 18h in freezer i should just pure the naphta from my pyrex dishes and as soon as possible put the dishes under fan to dry right?

Looks good to me, except I would use vm&p naphtha if you can get it, zippo fluid isn't all that clean (do an evap test to double check, if it's clean it won't leave any residue behind). I don't worry about temps when it comes to the heat bath, just as long as the jar is cool enough to handle with your bare hands. Store your pulls in the fridge, not the freezer, until you are ready to freeze precipitate. I usually evap 40-50% of my solvent before sticking it in the freezer. A more saturated solvent will lend to quicker precipitation. And yes, you want to get your dish under a fan as soon as you decant your solvent.

12Emil34
#3305 Posted : 2/16/2021 10:26:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi travelers I figuered this would be the right thread to ask SWIMs question so here it is:

How high is the maximum solubilty of n,n-spice in naphtha (mostly C6-C7 aliphatic carbons) @ room temp?
Because SWIM has trubble finding the right container for a pull. When they have enough volume they are to wide and the naphtha layer would be like half a cm which makes it very hard to seperate and when its a slim container its volume is like only one litre.
So SWIM is thinking of splitting the brown soup into three portions and doing it with 200-300ml naphtha in an one litre vessel and pulling everytime with the same naphtha.
Its obviouly unnecessary extra work, can someone recommend a good vessel with < 3L and obviously high pH resistance?

12Emil34
#3306 Posted : 2/16/2021 10:29:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

JBS2016 wrote:

50g MHRB + 60ml white vinegar + 30g quality rock salt + 50g lye + 4x50ml regular zippo fluid = 1.3 dmt

Thats around 2.5% spice in your MHRB, I thought the maximum is 1.5%

changaforchange
#3307 Posted : 2/16/2021 11:55:58 AM

changaforchange

12Emil34 wrote:
JBS2016 wrote:

...a bit of luck I guess - each 50g bark I get between 0.9 and 1.2 - quality supplier?

I am very happy indeed.
changa is my medicine

12Emil34
#3308 Posted : 2/16/2021 12:14:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

JBS2016 wrote:
12Emil34 wrote:
JBS2016 wrote:

...a bit of luck I guess - each 50g bark I get between 0.9 and 1.2 - quality supplier?

I am very happy indeed.

I bet there's a bunch of people here who would give their left kidney to know which supplier that is Big grin

sere310
#3309 Posted : 2/18/2021 8:50:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

this was the final result of my d-limonine extraction from MHRB, freebased with sodium carbonate. does this look remotly right? if not, what did I do wrong?
sere310 attached the following image(s):
20210218_004614.jpg (7,018kb) downloaded 48 time(s).

gnickel48
#3310 Posted : 4/3/2021 7:09:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It's my first time trying to extract

1. Had Powdered root (45 grams), added white vinegar (50ml) stirred for about 30 min

2. Added about 60ml of boiling water, stirred for about 15 min

3. Added calcium hydroxide (38 grams), stirred for about an hour adding some water here and there, by the end it was gooey kind of like oatmeal

4. Added Naphtha (50ml), placed the bowl in a pot of boiled hot water and stirred for maybe 10 min

5. All the naphtha just got soaked up, so I got worried and dumped everything into a slimmer jar. Now there was a tiny bit of liquid on the edges and some bubbles within the mixture.

6. Added about another 5ml of naphtha, some pink Himalayan salt (just a pinch), some hot water, kept stirring then added some regular (iodized) table salt (like 3 pinches)

7. Took the jar out of the hot water, rolled it around and tapped it for a while, still pretty much nothing on top

8. Then added like 7 pinches more of salt, more calcium hydroxide (not sure how many grams, about 15-20 teaspoons of it), a little bit of water and a bit more naphtha, all while stirring for about 20 minutes

Thinking about leaving the jar in a pot of hot water for the night without the jar's lid on

I don't really see any liquid on top of the mixture. Have I done this right?

downwardsfromzero
#3311 Posted : 4/4/2021 11:05:19 PM

Peeing into the abyss

Chemical expertSenior Member

gnickel48 wrote:
It's my first time trying to extract

1. Had Powdered root (45 grams), added white vinegar (50ml) stirred for about 30 min

2. Added about 60ml of boiling water, stirred for about 15 min

3. Added calcium hydroxide (38 grams), stirred for about an hour adding some water here and there, by the end it was gooey kind of like oatmeal

4. Added Naphtha (50ml), placed the bowl in a pot of boiled hot water and stirred for maybe 10 min

5. All the naphtha just got soaked up, so I got worried and dumped everything into a slimmer jar. Now there was a tiny bit of liquid on the edges and some bubbles within the mixture.

6. Added about another 5ml of naphtha, some pink Himalayan salt (just a pinch), some hot water, kept stirring then added some regular (iodized) table salt (like 3 pinches)

7. Took the jar out of the hot water, rolled it around and tapped it for a while, still pretty much nothing on top

8. Then added like 7 pinches more of salt, more calcium hydroxide (not sure how many grams, about 15-20 teaspoons of it), a little bit of water and a bit more naphtha, all while stirring for about 20 minutes

Thinking about leaving the jar in a pot of hot water for the night without the jar's lid on

I don't really see any liquid on top of the mixture. Have I done this right?

A brew like that soaks up a bit (seemingly in this case at least 50mL) of naphtha at first. Further pulls should be unaffected. It's best not to add dry material once the solvent is in there because this can contribute to separation problems.

With lime paste, you want a cookie-dough-like texture and then knead the solvent through the mixture with a fork. Maximum contact between the paste phase and the solvent phase is what you're aiming for. It's also best to do this with fairly warm materials (NO OPEN FLAMES, INCANDESCENT MATERIALS OR SPARKS!) in order to maximise the solubility of DMT in the naphtha.

That's on top of what Voidmatrix said in the other thread.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

«PREV164165166