We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV143144145146147NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

Evergrowing
#2881 Posted : 9/6/2018 12:54:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, quick question: can I use this tek also for MHRB or B.Caapi instead of Acacia?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2882 Posted : 9/8/2018 10:42:41 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Evergrowing wrote:
Hey, quick question: can I use this tek also for MHRB or B.Caapi instead of Acacia?

To replace the acacia you would use an alternative source of DMT.

To replace the Syrian rue you would use an alternative source of harmala alkaloids.

MHRB or B.Caapi will fit the bill in one or other of these two cases. Do you know which will do which?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

downwardsfromzero
#2883 Posted : 9/8/2018 10:46:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

CookiesNDeemz wrote:

I hadn't mentioned before, but all water used is distilled.

Had an emulsion (3 layers) up until this afternoon. I ran out to get some rock salt and put it into my solution only to realize I probably should melted the salt in water first. So I did that and made a load of laundry with the jar on top. Sure enough, I think my emulsion broke?

Now, it's only two layers, though it could very well be the basic mix on bottom with a full emulsion on top. Seems unlikely with everything I went through and the fact that this is an A/B tek. Basic mix on bottom is fully black with a dark but transparent layer on top. Posting a pic. Thoughts appreciated.

Few things on the photo; it uploaded sideways, sorry. Sorry for the strange perspective, but the context is that the dark bottom (wider, non-transparent) layer is the majority contents of the jar with that narrower, transparent, brown layer is what I believe to be my naphtha layer, extremely saturated, but with no emulsion. Am I correct to surmise this, or do I have an even worse emulsion now?

If I'm in the clear, why is it so dark? I've heard if naphtha pulling oils and other alkaloids that can be treated with a recrystallization & a washing soda wash, but of the few dozen examples I've seen online, this is the darkest. Thoughts?

Syphon it off and stick it in the freezer.

The dark colour might be fine particulates if you used powdered bark but if you've used heat and a lot of salt it might just be because of that. If your container is quite wide it will of course appear dark than if it were thin.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Evergrowing
#2884 Posted : 9/10/2018 12:49:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Evergrowing wrote:

To replace the acacia you would use an alternative source of DMT.
To replace the Syrian rue you would use an alternative source of harmala alkaloids.

MHRB or B.Caapi will fit the bill in one or other of these two cases. Do you know which will do which?

I do not intend to replace the Rue as MAOI with something else. But if I was, this would be replaced by the B.Caapi.
If I replaced the Acacia with MHRB, that would be the DMT-containing source.
But if I replaced the Acacia with B.Caapi, the Caapi itself would also have MAOIs + a slight psychedelic effect from some other component. So most likely I would only end up with lots of MAOIs but no DMT.
It's a pity the Ayahuasca and B.Caapi Wiki pages arent working for weeks.

So after my understanding, the tek mentioned above should work with
3g Rue (MAOI) + 3g MHRB (DMT)
30-50g Vine (MAOI) + 3g MHRB (DMT)

Please tell me if I am wrong. Also I read twice somewhere here that mimosa just needs a 3x30min simmer. True?

Dolphinrider
#2885 Posted : 9/12/2018 4:03:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys first extraction first night my crystals didn’t show in the nap the solution so I evaped them for most of the day... now I’ve left the solution back in the freezer overnight again and see no crystallizing happening, I’m not sure what to do. Am I fine do I just need to filter it through coffee filters anyways then they will generate or did i do something wrong

Dolphinrider
#2886 Posted : 9/12/2018 4:19:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do I need to take the lids off while it’s in the freezer?

ridnovir
#2887 Posted : 9/12/2018 4:58:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^
No need to take the lids off if you did everything correctly and your ingredients were legit - you should see crystals. Give it some more time.

Dolphinrider
#2888 Posted : 9/12/2018 5:33:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok I transferred from some small jelly jars to a glass baking dish. Would it take longer depending on what it’s in? I was trying to read up on it and hats what I’ve come to.. aim definitely getting a brown goo residue from the small ones (after I transferred to a large baking dish)

Dolphinrider
#2889 Posted : 9/12/2018 5:36:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

only Thing I think I could of messed up on was not enough lye or maybe too much
naphtha I used 50ml for every pull but collected it all together in 3 containers (3 pulls from 50g Mhrb 50g lye water mixture so 150ml naphtha total..?)

I’m using https://thepsychedelicsc...tist.com/dmt-extraction/ as my guide

Incarnation
#2890 Posted : 9/12/2018 8:34:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That guide / method seems fine. STB with MHRB
Absolutely would not leave the dish uncovered in freezer. Seems highly dangerous.
No, pouring the naphtha through a coffee filter won’t make crystals form.

A few things to try:
Evaporate even more of the naphtha and return it to freezer.
Make sure the freezer is on it’s coldest setting.
You could even evaporate the dish completely outside freezer to see if anything is left.
Now that the base solution has had more time to break down, try pulling again. Adding more lye doesn’t seem necessary, but wouldn’t hurt anything.

d.b.o.
#2891 Posted : 9/12/2018 9:47:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

baking dish overrated for freeze, any semi air tight glass container will work. pre evap or supersaturate naphtha is key. if over saturation is reached precip can occur at room temp.
d.b.o. attached the following image(s):
20180204_221530.jpg (4,392kb) downloaded 114 time(s).
20180207_065311.jpg (1,362kb) downloaded 117 time(s).
20180208_175401.jpg (4,175kb) downloaded 115 time(s).
Screenshot_2017-03-12-20-31-03.png (1,373kb) downloaded 111 time(s).

Dolphinrider
#2892 Posted : 9/13/2018 1:37:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok update naphtha seems to be still evading in freezer.. (it was technically 100g mh mix all in one)
Pulled some from the resting jar I had and let it evaporate outside.
Gooey like substance from that not sure if that’s good or not still have the fan blowing it.

May or may not have put some on a cig.. haven’t tried it but a little smoke came out when trying to bond and it smelt like Changa I’ve tried before

Dolphinrider
#2893 Posted : 9/13/2018 2:20:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Incarnation wrote:
That guide / method seems fine. STB with MHRB
Absolutely would not leave the dish uncovered in freezer. Seems highly dangerous.
No, pouring the naphtha through a coffee filter won’t make crystals form.

A few things to try:
Evaporate even more of the naphtha and return it to freezer.
Make sure the freezer is on it’s coldest setting.
You could even evaporate the dish completely outside freezer to see if anything is left.
Now that the base solution has had more time to break down, try pulling again. Adding more lye doesn’t seem necessary, but wouldn’t hurt anything.

Ok update naphtha seems to be still evading in freezer.. (it was technically 100g mh mix all in one)
Pulled some from the resting jar I had and let it evaporate outside.
Gooey like substance from that not sure if that’s good or not still have the fan blowing it.

May or may not have put some on a cig.. haven’t tried it but a little smoke came out when trying to bond and it smelt like Changa I’ve tried before
Dolphinrider attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (4,039kb) downloaded 103 time(s).

d.b.o.
#2894 Posted : 9/13/2018 6:06:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

.5 - 3.5 g / 100 mhrb yield typical IME

Dolphinrider
#2895 Posted : 9/13/2018 5:07:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well freezer evap didn’t work so far... there are tiny crystals that look impossible to pick up

Gallium
#2896 Posted : 9/16/2018 1:47:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone, i seem to have run into a problem while doing a MHRB extraction using the BLAB tek. I am at the stage where i have a beaker of d-limonene full of dmt. In step 4a it says to disolve furmic acid into IPA which is what i did. After decanting it i have been slowly adding it to my beaker of d-limonene but halfway through i realized i made a mistake. I used 70% IPA not 99% IPA because i failed to read the directions properly. Will the %70 still work or can i still salvage what i have? I should have just gone with step 4b since that just uses regular water.

My beaker of solution has sperated into two layers. The top layer is a cloudy slightly yellow color and the bottom layer where most of the %70 ipa seems to have ended up is a dark opaque yellow.

EDIT: After sitting for 8+ hours the top layer is completely clear while bottom layer is a dark opaque yellow.

observe
#2897 Posted : 9/22/2018 2:18:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Warm naphtha extract from unreasonably low purity enhanced leaf yielded some red/deep orange floral smelling wax which is certainly spice. But this is not an accurate enough assessment of the product so I would like to know what makes it red? I've read about the 90+% dmt concentration of such a yield and the nmt, beta carboline, and n oxide content but none of these would explain the coloration. Are these plant fats? can a more experienced/knowledgeable nexian shed some light on exactly what I have and how I can expect it to perform?

DrugEnthusiast15
#2898 Posted : 9/23/2018 6:20:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey!..I've recently started to try and make DMT..I used Chaliponga (I read it was okay to use..ig Ill know soon). I used 100 grams of it over a period of maybe 2.5 months. I've had a lot of changes in my life so I haven't gotten around to Freeze Preciping it yet. I've also used around 800 mL Naphtha (in all..I did around 20ish mL pulls). All of it has been evaped down to about 3-4 tablespoons. I used 2 different methods over the couple month period. I hope to God it works..it wasn't a lot of effort, but it'd be disappointing if it failed. I can always try again ig. Razz Also..I used Water/Vinegar in a ratio of 3 to 1. And added that to some Naphtha. It's vaguely cloudy with little floaty bits (it's evaporating now). Would the DMT have stayed in the Naphtha or gone into the Acid? I'll probably know soon because it'll all be dry. If there is any powder/crystals left over I'll add a bit of Naphtha and add it to the other concentrate. Sound good?

endlessness
#2899 Posted : 9/23/2018 9:28:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please read the FAQ, it's important to get a basic idea on why you are doing each step before doing an extraction. Also it will answer a lot of doubts you have or may have in the future.

If you're adding naphtha to an acidic solution you are defatting, not extracting. To extract the alkaloids with the non-polar you need to add a base. Hopefully you didnt throw away your plant brew

DrugEnthusiast15
#2900 Posted : 9/23/2018 2:59:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Please read the FAQ, it's important to get a basic idea on why you are doing each step before doing an extraction. Also it will answer a lot of doubts you have or may have in the future.

If you're adding naphtha to an acidic solution you are defatting, not extracting. To extract the alkaloids with the non-polar you need to add a base. Hopefully you didnt throw away your plant brew

Dude your right..I don't usually tamper with directions, but I did last night (a bit at the end)I did use a base though..I read a method were you boil your plant matter and reduce it then throw out the plants..then I added lye then naphtha..extracted..added acid to the naphtha then re-extracted it. I didn't know if the DMT was in the new Naphtha or acid (vinegar/water mix) anymore. So I just dried it all down. It's all freezing now though.

«PREV143144145146147NEXT»