We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV140141142143144NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

ridnovir
#2821 Posted : 6/13/2018 7:37:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is [Distillates, (petroleum), light distillate hydrotreating process, low-boiling] same as naphtha?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Noxulifer
#2822 Posted : 6/14/2018 1:41:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pete666 wrote:
Noxulifer wrote:
I checked the progress today, some 24h later, and nice little crystals have started to form all over the glass. I will leave it for another day or so. But the results seem to be as expected in the end!

Good. However, just later evaporate poured off acetone, there still can be significant amount of dmt fumarate dissolved

I just poured off the acetone into another glass container to let it sit a couple of days more. In the original container I now got a lot of clear crystals Thumbs up
Looks very appetizing Big grin
I will try it tomorrow! I'll let you know the results!

observe
#2823 Posted : 6/16/2018 7:56:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How could one get dmt from a sodium carbonate saturated solution? Attempted the fumarate to freebase gold wax precip and now have a cloudy jar of red fluid. Tried freezing for a short period ad it did not work.

pete666
#2824 Posted : 6/17/2018 6:46:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are sure the solution is basic enough, you can do hot pulls with heptane or naptha and freeze-precip.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

observe
#2825 Posted : 6/17/2018 7:45:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My naphtha didn't freeze precip anything after a 7 hour freeze. Just a few crystals in the plant fats. This was a different project. Should I suck it up with the naphtha then freeze precip for 48 hours?

pete666
#2826 Posted : 6/17/2018 8:17:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, I don't understand you. Please specify your problem properly. Why are you talking about different project? I suppose you have water (not naptha) with dmt freebase, right?
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

observe
#2827 Posted : 6/18/2018 12:58:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I brought it up because I have had little success freeze precipitating from a non polar solvent and if I am to pull dmt freebase from my dmt freebase solution I want to know why I failed to freeze precip so I can successfully precip when I pull from the water solution. I froze for 7 hours and only got a fine dust in the plant fats in the bottom of the solution. If I simply freeze for 48 hours would I have better luck crystallizing my freebase? My water is saturated with sodium carbonate. after drying and pulling 3 times I was able to pull no freebase. Even after sprinkling a little lye in. Thanks for your help.

pete666
#2828 Posted : 6/18/2018 6:38:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When precipitating from np, it has to be properly saturated. If it is not precipitating after freezing, then very likely there is not enough alkaloids compared to the np volume. You can evaporate half of the np and try again.
If you had dirty freebase and converted to fumarate, then converting it back to freebase with sodium carbonate is mini A/B, which is usualy used for purification, so the result should be cleaner than the source.
If you have clean heptane or naptha, you can do hot pull from the water/sodium carbonate solution. If you know how much dmt fumarate was at the input, then for each 1,3g of dmt fumarate use about 20ml of clean heptane/naptha. Everything can be heated to about 70C (water bath) and mixed shorly. The water will probably get less cloudy, maybe will be clear. The np layer will be colored. Then pour off the np to another beaker and let cool down to room temperature. Then place in a fridge for few hours. Then in a freezer for 12 hours.
If you want cleaner product, do not pour off when hot, but wait till the np is less colored. You can wait till room temperature, when it is likely to be almost clear. There still be quite a lot goodies in there for freeze-precip.
Do more pulls, with less np to get everything out of the water.

Smeed
#2829 Posted : 6/20/2018 12:02:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, everyone, quick question, here.

During the freeze precipitation step, is any cloudiness that is seen in the naphtha solute from the root used (per Q2121, Tek 2)?

After 18+ hours, there is certainly sediment, and very few crystals are floating around, but there are a couple spots of "cloudiness" (for lack of a better term) floating around the naphtha. I always save my solvent, but I'm just curious if waiting any longer would lead to "the clouds" settling, resulting in a bigger yield?

observe
#2830 Posted : 6/24/2018 7:05:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Added sodium hydroxide to a fumarate, sodium carbonate, and water solution. It clouded and a layer of oil separated to the top. I froze the water/lye and poured off the oil. how many ml are necessary? Does it contain lye? how could I clean it?

pete666
#2831 Posted : 6/24/2018 7:43:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You didn't have to freeze and pour off. You could do hot heptane or naptha pull(s). My previous post...
pete666 wrote:

If you have clean heptane or naptha, you can do hot pull from the water/sodium carbonate solution. If you know how much dmt fumarate was at the input, then for each 1,3g of dmt fumarate use about 20ml of clean heptane/naptha. Everything can be heated to about 70C (water bath) and mixed shorly. The water will probably get less cloudy, maybe will be clear. The np layer will be colored. Then pour off the np to another beaker and let cool down to room temperature. Then place in a fridge for few hours. Then in a freezer for 12 hours.
If you want cleaner product, do not pour off when hot, but wait till the np is less colored. You can wait till room temperature, when it is likely to be almost clear. There still be quite a lot goodies in there for freeze-precip.
Do more pulls, with less np to get everything out of the water.

There is likely lye. Add water, a bit of lye and do the pull(s)

downwardsfromzero
#2832 Posted : 6/25/2018 7:25:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

ridnovir wrote:
Is [Distillates, (petroleum), light distillate hydrotreating process, low-boiling] same as naphtha?

Yes

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

downwardsfromzero
#2833 Posted : 6/25/2018 7:30:14 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

observe wrote:
I brought it up because I have had little success freeze precipitating from a non polar solvent and if I am to pull dmt freebase from my dmt freebase solution I want to know why I failed to freeze precip so I can successfully precip when I pull from the water solution. I froze for 7 hours and only got a fine dust in the plant fats in the bottom of the solution. If I simply freeze for 48 hours would I have better luck crystallizing my freebase? My water is saturated with sodium carbonate. after drying and pulling 3 times I was able to pull no freebase. Even after sprinkling a little lye in. Thanks for your help.

Reasons for freeze precip not working:

*Naphtha not saturated with alkaloid;
*Freezer not cold enough;
*Solvent contains too much aromatic compounds (toluene, xylene etc.),
*and/or other organic solvents present (acetone, IPA, ethanol).

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

ridnovir
#2834 Posted : 6/25/2018 10:27:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My first extraction was Q21 tek 1 I converted fumarate to freebase via saturated sodium carbonate solution after a week in fridge I decanted the water and observed nice crystals so I left it for about 2 days to dry when I looked at it again there were no crystals just a hard glassy film which scraped into waxy powder. Is it normal? Of note it was over 85 F and my kitchen was pretty hot when I picked up class container with freebase it was noticeably worm. So I am curious did my crystals melt or thait is how freebase dries?

magic mike
#2835 Posted : 7/8/2018 6:31:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've done about 5 pulls on 30g of mhrb with Q2121's tek 2 and I have what's left over sitting in a small Nutella jar for about a month and a half. It still smells of dmt. I faintly remember reading something about using the leftovers from this particular tek for making enhanced leaf with vinegar or acetone or something similar, but I can't find anything about it. Am I misremembering and should I just throw it out, or does anyone know what I'm talking about?

downwardsfromzero
#2836 Posted : 7/13/2018 10:20:29 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

magic mike wrote:
I've done about 5 pulls on 30g of mhrb with Q2121's tek 2 and I have what's left over sitting in a small Nutella jar for about a month and a half. It still smells of dmt. I faintly remember reading something about using the leftovers from this particular tek for making enhanced leaf with vinegar or acetone or something similar, but I can't find anything about it. Am I misremembering and should I just throw it out, or does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Pull again with a bit of warm naphtha, or maybe some toluene, and you may be pleasantly surprised...

Boz5280
#2837 Posted : 7/22/2018 7:53:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Questions: Ive searched for this but cant find a specific answer. Hopefully someone with better chem knowledge could help.

Swim followed Q2121's tek (2 seperate 50mg batches), but after basifying he made the mistake of shaking too vigorously creating a black sludge emulsion. So he came here and found that salt can help aid seperation, but he didnt have the kind everyone referenced..

He did have calcium chloride. Matched the ratio of bark & lime and still no progress... read that someone had success with the F-it-alls so he dumped the rest of the small pickling salt jar from wally mart in the batch and all of a sudden the entire batch formed the consistency of wet cement and kicked out all the naptha within seconds. He pulled it and it was clear as could be and glistening crystals once precipiated. 2 previous batches (A/B using Lie/Naptha, and Q21's but no accidental emulsification using lime/naptha) never looked this clean so he was skeptical this was legit after not seeing this calcium chloride specific method documented before.

Question 1: Is there any residuals from the Calcium Chloride in the crystals that swim should worry about?

Question 2: he had another batch running at the same time, exactly same process, with the same problem, ran out at got a big box of mortons salt(no iodine) (used up all the calcium chloride) and had HORRIBLE yields and pulls and lack luster seperation even after the F-it-alls... Has the use of Calcium Chloride been thought of as one step in a timesaving tek before?

The emultion became so cement like he didnt need to "pull" with a turkey baster, he just poured crystal clear naptha right out the bottle with no particles following it leading to excellent results.

Wisperc13
#2838 Posted : 7/28/2018 9:34:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm new to this page and need some help like badly. My name is Jay and I recently made 2 batches or at least tried to make till now they are in the freezer one with bark, lye, lamp oil, yellownaphtha I did a bunch of extractions during the day today and extracted one mix with no yellow naphtha just lamp oil and another with it need serious help if possible will upload pics I'm just new to this page.can anyone tell me how my results should look Thank you

Wisperc13
#2839 Posted : 7/28/2018 9:53:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Does this look right?
Wisperc13 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20180728_014930.jpg (2,702kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
IMG_20180728_014930.jpg (2,702kb) downloaded 56 time(s).

CEVISI
#2840 Posted : 7/28/2018 10:52:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No that looks not right what have you done

«PREV140141142143144NEXT»