We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV139140141142143NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

Nereus
#2801 Posted : 6/11/2018 11:33:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

observe
#2802 Posted : 6/12/2018 12:03:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you. I have read and re read the FAQ but think some more first hand experience is necessary to comprehend the instruction. That fumarate water re x is very useful. So after doing that and doing the slow white crystal freebase conversion. When the sodium carbonate solution freezes and the crystals are left behind. Can I repeat the fumarate water tek with freebase and naphtha for the same results? When adding fasa to fb acetone solution how long should I wait until decanting? (At what point does it become less utilitarian and more perfection)

Again thank you. Your concise instruction has definitely helped me better understand this process.

Nereus
#2803 Posted : 6/12/2018 12:17:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

observe wrote:
Thank you. I have read and re read the FAQ but think some more first hand experience is necessary to comprehend the instruction. That fumarate water re x is very useful. So after doing that and doing the slow white crystal freebase conversion. When the sodium carbonate solution freezes and the crystals are left behind. Can I repeat the fumarate water tek with freebase and naphtha for the same results?

Again thank you. Your concise instruction has definitely helped me better understand this process.

From what's been discussed lately around the forum, i've understood that the precipitation of freebase crystals from basic (sodium carbonate) water will result in a more gooey end product. It's been said a couple of times that in fact what looks like crystal in that tek might as well be some sodium contamination... of course that could be sorted out with some plain water washes, but, again, upon collecting it said that it will turn sticky and more of a paste than a solid.

On the other hand, doing the exact same procedure but using ammonia as a base instead of sodium carbonate will render some solid goods as per Jees's.

To answer your last question, if you're going to substitute the water with non polar solvent and do a re-x in that sense, yes, it will work.

observe
#2804 Posted : 6/12/2018 1:08:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

With that in mind can I mix my fumarate crystals with sodium carb a dash of water, dry and pull with acetone then allow the acetone to slowly dry to form freebase crystals? Or should I not expect acetone to be such a cooperative solvent.

Nereus
#2805 Posted : 6/12/2018 1:22:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

observe wrote:
With that in mind can I mix my fumarate crystals with sodium carb a dash of water, dry and pull with acetone then allow the acetone to slowly dry to form freebase crystals? Or should I not expect acetone to be such a cooperative solvent.

It will work, you'll render freebase. I don't know if crystals will form, but it's worth trying. Crystals come mostly out of non-polars. It's not unknown of for some polar solvents to render crystals, but mostly it will be goo.

observe
#2806 Posted : 6/12/2018 1:28:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Would toluene evap faster than naphtha and leave crystals? Which smells less?

Noxulifer
#2807 Posted : 6/12/2018 2:22:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, everyone! Been taking a break from DMT for a year.

But, now I was trying to make DMT-fumarate. I followed "The DMT Handbook" by Viracocha.

When I dripped the DMT saturated Acetone into the Fumarate Acid saturated Acetone it instantly formed white clouds like in the pictures, after aminute or so the whole liquid was cloudy, like the pictures. I set it aside. It's 4 hours now, it's less cloudy but not a single crystal has formed. In the guide, it should take only an hour or so.

My liquid is a bit more yellow than his, just slightly. Could that be the reason it all is dissolved still?

Should I put it in the freezer maybe? Could it be that I have a bit too much Fumaric Acid? Since some impurities was removed after I had calculated how much Fumaric Acid to use for the DMT. So maybe I have about 20% less DMT with the same amount Fumaric Acid? Got 20% more Fumaric Acid in the final mix than intended.

Thanks in advance!

pete666
#2808 Posted : 6/12/2018 2:42:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you sure there was no water in the acetone? Are you sure your acetone didn't absorb water from the air? It may happen when the humidity is high.
Yellow should not be problem when doing FASA, I usually do FASA with orange goo from re-x when toluene was used as primary np.
Excessive fumaric acid is not problem at all, it stays dissolved in acetone.

If you don't see crystals, there was likely water. I would evap everything and use water to extract fumarate. Fumaric acid stays undissolved. 12ml of water for each gram of dmt
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

Nereus
#2809 Posted : 6/12/2018 8:36:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Noxulifer wrote:

But, now I was trying to make DMT-fumarate. I followed "The DMT Handbook" by Viracocha.

When I dripped the DMT saturated Acetone into the Fumarate Acid saturated Acetone it instantly formed white clouds like in the pictures, after aminute or so the whole liquid was cloudy, like the pictures. I set it aside. It's 4 hours now, it's less cloudy but not a single crystal has formed. In the guide, it should take only an hour or so.

My liquid is a bit more yellow than his, just slightly. Could that be the reason it all is dissolved still?

Should I put it in the freezer maybe? Could it be that I have a bit too much Fumaric Acid? Since some impurities was removed after I had calculated how much Fumaric Acid to use for the DMT. So maybe I have about 20% less DMT with the same amount Fumaric Acid? Got 20% more Fumaric Acid in the final mix than intended.

Thanks in advance!

4 hours is not enough ime. It takes more time to convert and full precip. Sometimes it takes 12hrs, sometimes it takes 24hrs, sometimes it could even take days for everything to crash out. For now, if you've done your calculations correctly and added enough acid to convert all the freebase, all you can do is wait. Cover your dish and set it aside somewhere undisturbed, i recommend at room temp because it's better for anhydrous solvents to be stored away from any moisture source. Get back to it in a days time. After the xtals precipitate, decant the solvent and save it, collect precipitate and air dry (store away from moisture). Now take the decanted solvent and add more FASA to it to check for more clouding/presence of more alkaloids. Keep adding until it stops clouding.

In a contrary case, if no precipitation takes place even when enough FASA has been added, it could be that you were not working with dry solvents, and the water content of the acetone trapped some/all of your fumarate. This can be troubleshooted by evapping down all the solvent and allowing the resulted fumarate goo to solidify over time (should become like hard candy ).

The latter - evaporation method - could also be done if a more rapid way towards fumarate is desired, of course by adding accurate amounts of fumaric acid to avoid contamination and future cleanup steps.

One solid piece of advice though: have patience Thumbs up

Noxulifer
#2810 Posted : 6/12/2018 8:47:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pete666 wrote:
Are you sure there was no water in the acetone? Are you sure your acetone didn't absorb water from the air? It may happen when the humidity is high.
Yellow should not be problem when doing FASA, I usually do FASA with orange goo from re-x when toluene was used as primary np.
Excessive fumaric acid is not problem at all, it stays dissolved in acetone.

If you don't see crystals, there was likely water. I would evap everything and use water to extract fumarate. Fumaric acid stays undissolved. 12ml of water for each gram of dmt

It is very humid in the air right now here. Didn't think of that. Thanks.

Noxulifer
#2811 Posted : 6/12/2018 8:52:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nereus wrote:
Noxulifer wrote:

Thanks in advance!

4 hours is not enough ime. It takes more time to convert and full precip. Sometimes it takes 12hrs, sometimes it takes 24hrs, sometimes it could even take days for everything to crash out. For now, if you've done your calculations correctly and added enough acid to convert all the freebase, all you can do is wait. Cover your dish and set it aside somewhere undisturbed, i recommend at room temp because it's better for anhydrous solvents to be stored away from any moisture source. Get back to it in a days time. After the xtals precipitate, decant the solvent and save it, collect precipitate and air dry (store away from moisture). Now take the decanted solvent and add more FASA to it to check for more clouding/presence of more alkaloids. Keep adding until it stops clouding.

In a contrary case, if no precipitation takes place even when enough FASA has been added, it could be that you were not working with dry solvents, and the water content of the acetone trapped some/all of your fumarate. This can be troubleshooted by evapping down all the solvent and allowing the resulted fumarate goo to solidify over time (should become like hard candy ).

The latter - evaporation method - could also be done if a more rapid way towards fumarate is desired, of course by adding accurate amounts of fumaric acid to avoid contamination and future cleanup steps.

Thanks a lot, I will be patient and wait a few days. It's quite hot here now, I have about 25c in the apartment right now.

I will try snorting for the first time. The anxiety I get before smoking is just too much. I don't know why I get these anxieties now, since I probly had 25-30 breakthroughs and 4-5 ego deaths (don't remember). I have meet demons, fairies, "God" and so on Smile

I really want DMT in my life, it helps me. So I'm trying to find a route that works for me. I do prefer pure DMT with the sandwitch method, the strongest trip I can get. But the anxiety before keeps me from it right now.
Anyway, thanks guys!

Nereus
#2812 Posted : 6/12/2018 8:52:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

observe wrote:
Would toluene evap faster than naphtha and leave crystals? Which smells less?

I can't answer you on this one as i've never experimented with toluene. From what i've seen around the nexus,when comparing solvents, naphtha seems to be the most milder of all in terms of odor, while still having decent volatility.

pete666
#2813 Posted : 6/12/2018 8:55:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The acetone has to be fully dry (by dry MgSO4), the dmt freebase has to be dry as well (can be placed in small paper envelope within air-tight container containing layer of MgSO4 on the bottom for few days). Acetone with dmt can be treated by MgSO4 right before the procedure, then filtered. I always run air-conditioning for full power for half day, before I do such procedures. Lowers temperature, so there can be less water and removes a lot of water too.
80-90% dmt fumarate is precipitated within one hour. Rest within next 12 hours.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

pete666
#2814 Posted : 6/12/2018 9:01:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Noxulifer wrote:
I really want DMT in my life, it helps me. So I'm trying to find a route that works for me. I do prefer pure DMT with the sandwitch method, the strongest trip I can get. But the anxiety before keeps me from it right now.

My preferred ROA is MAOI(300mg moclobemide or 100mg harmala) orally and then 70-90mg dmt fumarate rectally. One hour in hyperspace without any nausea - perfect

Noxulifer
#2815 Posted : 6/12/2018 9:42:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pete666 wrote:
Noxulifer wrote:

My preferred ROA is MAOI(300mg moclobemide or 100mg harmala) orally and then 70-90mg dmt fumarate rectally. One hour in hyperspace without any nausea - perfect

Thanks m8, more knowledge Smile

Yes, I will try that route also, I have Syrian Rue seeds. Moclobemide is unknown to me, I'll do some reading!

Smeed
#2816 Posted : 6/12/2018 11:52:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, Everyone!

I've come across somewhat shredded Jurema and I've made an attempt at grinding it to a powder, but sadly I've been unsuccessful.

Supposing one were to use Jurema as outlined in the Q2121 Tek #2, would the consistency shown in the attached pictures be acceptable? What you see is as fine as I could get it after using a blender (blended dry) and a coffee grinder. I understand that the tek advises to have it ground as finely as possible, so I suppose that I'm mainly curious whether or not yield would be dramatically impacted.
Smeed attached the following image(s):
Pic 1.jpg (158kb) downloaded 93 time(s).
Pic 2.jpg (134kb) downloaded 93 time(s).
Pic 3.jpg (136kb) downloaded 93 time(s).
Pic 4.jpg (160kb) downloaded 93 time(s).

Swamp_Donkey
#2817 Posted : 6/13/2018 12:43:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Id say it would be ok to work with. You could dampen your starting material and freez/thaw it a couple times if your worried.
Ive only worked with acacia though. Still, I dont see your stuff being a problem.

Smile

Smeed
#2818 Posted : 6/13/2018 1:43:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dicko wrote:
Id say it would be ok to work with. You could dampen your starting material and freez/thaw it a couple times if your worried.
Ive only worked with acacia though. Still, I dont see your stuff being a problem.

Smile

That's great to hear! Thank you for your reply! I'll skip the dampen/freeze/thaw steps and just use as-is. It isn't nearly as fine as what I'm used to for use with Q2121, but it sounds like I can still expect acceptable results.

Noxulifer
#2819 Posted : 6/13/2018 12:42:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nereus wrote:
Noxulifer wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I checked the progress today, some 24h later, and nice little crystals have started to form all over the glass. I will leave it for another day or so. But the results seem to be as expected in the end!

pete666
#2820 Posted : 6/13/2018 3:44:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Noxulifer wrote:
I checked the progress today, some 24h later, and nice little crystals have started to form all over the glass. I will leave it for another day or so. But the results seem to be as expected in the end!

Good. However, just later evaporate poured off acetone, there still can be significant amount of dmt fumarate dissolved

«PREV139140141142143NEXT»