We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV132133134135136NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

CannabisAR
#2661 Posted : 5/28/2017 3:26:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
CannabisAR wrote:
Does anyone know if acetone can be used to separate fats that have crystal. My first ever batch has yielded a lot of fat and I assume DMT as well. I used a tek from the sight. that uses.

Acacia + Lime + Vinegar + Naphtha. Its been 14 hours since I put the liquid in the freezer. and I see a lot of white but some of it is plant fat I assume.

Look up the FASA tek on the wiki.

You can't tell the fat content just by looking. What you are describing sounds promising.

Thank you!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

JefFlux
#2662 Posted : 5/28/2017 3:39:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just 'bumping' my earlier questions regarding ph and heat.

* Is it better to measure the pH of basified tea at room temperature or while still warm from the boil and/or thermal reaction of NaOH dissolving?

* Is it normal for tea to not turn entirely black i.e remaining a dark brown colour despite a pH of 12.5 - 13

* What is the potential correlation between too much heat and/or base - and plant oils coming through with the pull ?

* Would adding egg white prior to basing help to defat or remove plant oils/tannins such as is done in ayahuasca brews?

JefFlux
#2663 Posted : 5/30/2017 3:26:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so encountered the first problem with shellite not separating (at all) ..perhaps due to reducing 600g of plant matter down to 2 litres of water -and/or perhaps a little too much agitation. But perhaps the real problem was adding too much NaOh thus turning the fats in the basified tea to soap ...resulting from aiming for a 12.5 reading while the tea was cold (hence previous questions in this thread)

Anyway, thanks to the great info here at the nexus, the tea was split into 2 jars and add more water plus added salt to one of the 2 litre jars. After letting sit for 48 hours, crystals are clearly form between the two layers. The first 2 images are with the salt and the last without salt added revealing a notably different crystal shape...also the solvent pulls are fluorescent green !

[Edit] - the yellow-green colouration could well be from a dozen or so freeze/thaws on the phyllodes
JefFlux attached the following image(s):
salt crystals 1.jpg (92kb) downloaded 204 time(s).
salt crystals 2.jpg (139kb) downloaded 206 time(s).
non-salt crystals 1.jpg (67kb) downloaded 205 time(s).

null24
#2664 Posted : 5/30/2017 9:06:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Some pretty wild pics there, Jef! The xtals look like they are protruding from the the ground of some alien world! Neat-o, never seen that, must be some pretty saturated stuff.

As for the green pulls-Stop Is that not a sign of rust-inhibitors or other chemical impurities that can migrate to your spice? Please be careful, read the MSDS of your solvent and all that good stuff before you partake-and especially before you share!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

TGO
#2665 Posted : 5/31/2017 1:16:20 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Is the DMT green? I don't have the best eyesight so it is hard to tell from the pictures. Either way, green spice is a no go and I can't imagine green solvent pulls being a good thing either, but I'm not an expert on chemicals. As Null mentioned, be sure to check out that MSDS if you haven't already. Be safe:

Endlessness wrote:
The exception: green/blue spice is a no-no in all occasions, forget that! your solvent is bunk, either throw your stuff away and start new (safer) or recrystalize it at least 3 times with clean solvent + washing with sodium carb, or ideally re-a/b, and then recrystallize.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11715
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

JefFlux
#2666 Posted : 5/31/2017 1:18:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The green is suspected to be merely Chlorophyll (the ground phylodes were similar bright green). [Edited] closer to a yellow-green and the resulting spice on the edge of the plate is white with the stuff in the centre a light beige colour (although this initially appeared grey until all solvent was evaporated).

Using the same Shellite as always, it evaporates cleanly on the plate (though purchased from a different outlet)...and bioassay on the end result is ALWAYS done before sharing with anyone else. Do the remaining pulls with Xylene just to check the difference with mini A/B to clean up.

This particular Acacia is pretty alkaloid rich as it is- so that level saturation is expected, but to see the crystals form like that is exciting as ! It seems the length of time sitting was what aided this strange, otherworldly appearing formation.

KosyPanda
#2667 Posted : 6/7/2017 6:18:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys. Trying to get lucky here... I'm doing the extraction tek below and have ever item except I'm using citric acid instead of white vinegar.

I do not have a ph meter or ph strips, does anyone have an idea how much I should use to get it down to 2-4 ph?

Max ion says a minimal amount in 50 ml filtered water. I'm guessing maybe 5g?

https://www.reddit.com/r...J3540T7I&sh=4054a934

melotikaci
#2668 Posted : 6/7/2017 6:43:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

KosyPanda wrote:
Hey guys. Trying to get lucky here... I'm doing the extraction tek below and have ever item except I'm using citric acid instead of white vinegar.

I do not have a ph meter or ph strips, does anyone have an idea how much I should use to get it down to 2-4 ph?

https://www.reddit.com/r...3540T7I&sh=4054a934.

If I remember correctly I used - 1 acid / 5 water - concentration. My ph meter isn't very precise(only has 4-8 scale), so when the solution got red(ph 4) I added few grams more just in case.
Definitely, measurements weren't accurate but got 1.8% from 20gr mhrb(~0.5% more than I got with stb from same bark) so I think it worked fine.

KosyPanda
#2669 Posted : 6/7/2017 7:15:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

melotikaci wrote:
KosyPanda wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r...3540T7I&sh=4054a934.

If I remember correctly I used - 1 acid / 5 water - concentration. My ph meter isn't very precise(only has 4-8 scale), so when the solution got red(ph 4) I added few grams more just in case.
Definitely, measurements weren't accurate but got 1.8% from 20gr mhrb(~0.5% more than I got with stb from same bark) so I think it worked fine.

Thanks for the info. I'll try that ratio.

inaniel
#2670 Posted : 6/9/2017 1:08:32 AM

mas alla del mar

Quick question guys, I've been taking my time with this extraction and had my naphtha sitting in the base soup ready to pull for several days now. I shook occasionally but upon shaking one time it separated looking rather murky. Did i mess something up and is it salvageable?
inaniel attached the following image(s):
IMG_1875.JPG (1,551kb) downloaded 139 time(s).

Sakkadelic
#2671 Posted : 6/9/2017 1:52:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

probably plant powder got stuck in the naphtha somehow..
you need to do a mini AB; pull the naphtha, salt the dmt out with vinegar and water, base and pull again Big grin
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

inaniel
#2672 Posted : 6/9/2017 3:18:54 AM

mas alla del mar

Sakkadelic wrote:
probably plant powder got stuck in the naphtha somehow..
you need to do a mini AB; pull the naphtha, salt the dmt out with vinegar and water, base and pull again Big grin

Simple enough, thanks Thumbs up

Drowning-man
#2673 Posted : 6/9/2017 5:11:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could try heat and salt. Or add more lye.
Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. REVELATIONS 22:1-2(Holy Bible)

Northerner
#2674 Posted : 6/9/2017 7:29:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can I leave my freebase DMT suspended in iso or IPA for storage?

You see it melts here with the high humidity, it'd just be very convenient.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Drowning-man
#2675 Posted : 6/9/2017 9:47:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont see why not. I usualstore my dmt in the fridge. Any excess dmt i turn to fumarates but but an AB FASA tek is my tek of choice plus i do alot of pharma.
Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. REVELATIONS 22:1-2(Holy Bible)

Psilosopher?
#2676 Posted : 6/10/2017 2:31:25 AM

Don't Panic

Northerner wrote:
Can I leave my freebase DMT suspended in iso or IPA for storage?

You see it melts here with the high humidity, it'd just be very convenient.

It's still susceptible to degradation. Best bet is to make a salt, either solution or solid salt. Or smoalk it all before it goes off.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

JefFlux
#2677 Posted : 6/15/2017 5:32:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone encountered an issue with Digger's Shellite within Australia only holding about a gram and a half at a time ? 5-6 pulls recovers the expected yield, but this same amount used to be captured in the first 2-3 !

Northerner
#2678 Posted : 6/15/2017 9:33:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

could be the temperature... it is winter.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

JefFlux
#2679 Posted : 6/15/2017 12:54:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For real.? Never liked warming Shellite up as it seems to just pull a bunch of fats with no noticeable increases in yield

downwardsfromzero
#2680 Posted : 6/15/2017 8:56:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

^Even 10° benefits the temperature/solubility curve, see what I'm sayin'?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

«PREV132133134135136NEXT»